Campfire Tracker
W
GOA has said they are suing to haul it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I think that puts us over half of all states suing over this.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Which 26 attorneys general are engaged in the suit?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
28 states have constitutional carry so it wouldnt be hard to figure out. I know Nebraska is one.

Update

The Kansas coalition includes Arkansas, Iowa, Montana, Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Their lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas Delta Division.

Texas and Florida also.

Last edited by Swifty52; 05/08/24.

Swifty
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well there’s the breakline of secession.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I think that puts us over half of all states suing over this.

Does this mean the Colorado AG has joined one of the actions? That would be good if unexpected news.

Originally Posted by horse1
Which 26 attorneys general are engaged in the suit?

3 actions in 3 different Circuits.

The Texas coalition includes Louisiana, Missouri, and Utah. Their lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas Amarillo Division.

The Kansas coalition includes Arkansas, Iowa, Montana, Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Their lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas Delta Division.

Florida sued in U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida Tampa Division. Its 16-page brief states the rule “goes far beyond the plain text of the BSCA. It purports to force thousands of law-abiding gun owners to register as federal firearms dealers and navigate a federal bureaucracy as a precondition to engaging in constitutionally protected activity. The challenged rule is unlawful…ATF does not have authority to promulgate it because ATF’s rulemaking authority is carefully circumscribed. But even if it did, the challenged rule unlawfully attempts to depart from the plain meaning of the BSCA to achieve President Biden’s policy goals.”

One source

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Actually think its a smart move to file in different circuits.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow John. Actual good information this time instead of your usual drivel

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Swifty52
28 states have constitutional carry so it wouldnt be hard to figure out. I know Nebraska is one.

Update

Texas and Florida also.

That could work for secession. I be Northern VT, Northern and Western NY, Northern and Western PA, would come with as well giving access to New Hampshire. Keep Atlantic sea-ports in NH, VA, FL, GA, SC, and Gulf ports in FL, TX, AL. Pacific Port goods would all have to come through AK. Plenty of the
'Breadbasket" to keep us fed. Coal, oil, and Nat'l gas enough to keep the lights on.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I wonder if it would help or hurt the ATF's case if they made an example of someone while the suit is pending. I wouldn't put it past this administration to push the limits and strong arm gun owners as often as they can all the way up to the last minute.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinny
I wonder if it would help or hurt the ATF's case if they made an example of someone while the suit is pending.

They already assassinated that guy in Little Rock.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's a 'what if' question about this 'for profit' regulation.
Say you buy a gun for $800. You use it hard and current market value is now $500. You sell it for $600. Is this 'profit' based on the whether you sold it for more than the original $800, which would be a loss of $200, or on the market value which would be a profit of $100?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My grandfather paid $190 for a NIB Belgian Browning Light 12 in 1968, does the ATF actually think I should sell it for less than it was bought for? Do they take into account inflation and the devalued dollar? With all the crime in this country, this is where they want to spend resources?

I guess they ran out of cartels, organized crime families, sex traffickers, drug dealers and biker gangs to investigate!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aside from the legal (and moral) fact that the rule is unconstitutional in its concept as well as its establishment…….it states that the motive of the transaction may not be profit. That suggests that the sale for a profit may not be the intent at the time of the purchase.

Of course, they didn’t ask the guy in Arkansas what his intent was before summarily executing him.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sako76
My grandfather paid $190 for a NIB Belgian Browning Light 12 in 1968, does the ATF actually think I should sell it for less than it was bought for? Do they take into account inflation and the devalued dollar? With all the crime in this country, this is where they want to spend resources?

I guess they ran out of cartels, organized crime families, sex traffickers, drug dealers and biker gangs to investigate!
They don’t investigate them because they’ve become their voting constituents!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does the ATF take inflation in to consideration. If you purchased a gun for $500 40 years ago what's the inflation adjusted cost.???

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms
Explosives
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Sounds like a fun convenience store- - - - -not a bunch of bureaucrat bullies hellbent on violating as many constitutional rights as possible!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GCA-68 already says an FFL is needed to be in the business of selling firearms.
This is just another unconstitutional step by the government to further gun control that is already on the books.
That and to cost those supporting our rights money.
Basically, it is just another gooberment unconstitutional overreach, nothing new

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A right becomes a de facto privilege when taxed. The FFL requirement itself is unconstitutional. Any and all firearms transactions between free men are constitutionally legal under the “shall not be infringed” requirement.

infringe

“to act in a way that is against a law or that limits someone’s rights or freedom…”

Government taxes that which it desires to minimize and subsidizes that which it desires to expand. The 2nd Amendment is diminished by taxes of any sort be it FFL mandate or Pittman-Robertson. Interstate commerce has been the basis for much of our unconstitutional firearms laws. It is a false basis. Nothing, period, is laid out in our Constitution or Bill of rights itself to allow any other portion of those documents to be subjected to federal interference. The Bill of Rights is supreme.

Last edited by shootem; 05/11/24.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,042
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.