Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We've had this hearing protection act, now the Shush act, these last several years. Republican politicians garnering support by proposing bills like this. All friends of firearms owner.
\

My though is it Trump wins and the republicans win both houses we will hear nothing but crickets on all of it. Probably wouldn't make it to a floor vote.

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/09/24.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
1 member likes this: Strop10
GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
The National Concealed Carry bill under Trumps presidency was held in the Judiciary Committee by Bob Goodlatte at the direction of Paul Ryan.

Like you said, it will not get out of committee because members do not want to go on record supporting or rejecting the bill and then having to return home and answer for that vote.

Last edited by VaHunter; 05/09/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VaHunter
The National Concealed Carry bill under Trumps presidency was held in the Judiciary Committee by Bob Goodlatte at the direction of Paul Ryan.

Like you said, it will not get out of committee because members do not want to go on record supporting or rejecting the bill and then having to return home and answer for that vote.

Why would they have to answer for a pro 2A vote after they ran for office claiming to be pro 2A?

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Strop10

Why would they have to answer for a pro 2A vote after they ran for office claiming to be pro 2A?

Because many live in Purple districts and run as moderates to get elected. If they have a pro gun vote they are in trouble, if they have an anti-gun vote they are in trouble. Congressmen and Senators in those types of districts do not want to make those controversial votes and the leadership does not want them put in that position either.

Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn

Because many live in Purple districts and run as moderates to get elected. If they have a pro gun vote they are in trouble, if they have an anti-gun vote they are in trouble. Congressmen and Senators in those types of districts do not want to make those controversial votes and the leadership does not want them put in that position either.

A lot live in pink areas but they do like to blame cities.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Why would you expect 2 houses full of RINO’s to go for a win for gun owners.

All we get at the national level are delaying actions, and those come from the courts.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Claiming to be pro 2A while running isn't running as a moderate.

Bottom line, they are anti 2A.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Potsy

All we get at the national level are delaying actions, and those come from the courts.

How are they RINOs if they are the majority?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Any pro gun legislation is an avoided because they cannot be confronted with their vote. Cornyn and McConnell liked to vote for cloture on gun legislation they knew wouldn’t pass. Cornyn liked to brag that he did it so his vote against would be on record. Funny that they never act supported any pro gun legislation.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Potsy

How are they RINOs if they are the majority?

Exactly.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It’s all bullchit…. I’m tired of trying to pass this law or repeal that one just to reclaim a constitutional right. We need mass civil disobedience….. we wait like sheep for years for these cases to work their way through the courts just to get some small crumb of liberty.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Goodlatte is my district. I voted for him. Twice at least. Maybe 3 times.

I can't identify one single thing he's actually done or accomplished that's worth one single schitt.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Paul Ryan knew they had a GOP Congress, Senate, AND Presidency, in Nov 2016.

Jan/Feb 2017 rolled around, and the only thing that goofball and his Rino buddies cared about, was wasting the first half of 2017 on a tax bill.

Can you name ANY other legislation that was passed, to the benefit of GOP voters, in 2017/2018??? Nope…

Democrats DELIVER for THEIR “base”. As for the GOP??? Well….

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Armednfree
We've had this hearing protection act, now the Shush act, these last several years. Republican politicians garnering support by proposing bills like this. All friends of firearms owner.
\

My though is it Trump wins and the republicans win both houses we will hear nothing but crickets on all of it. Probably wouldn't make it to a floor vote.
Exactly right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Armednfree
\

Do you not remember the Trump interview with Piers Morgan (I think) saying he would certainly be for looking into banning suppressors? Was right after he happily said he was able to get rid of bump stocks.
"I don't like silencers at all" I believe was his words. I don't have high hopes for anything positive on that front.

Some of the interview:
"I don't like it," Trump said.

"–on silencers?" Morgan asked.

"I don't like it," Trump replied.

"Would you like to see those banned?" Morgan asked.

“Well, I’d like to think about it," Trump told Morgan during an interview. "No one's talking about silencers very much. They did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned. And we're looking at that. I’m going to seriously look at it. I don't love the idea of it. I don't like the idea of what's happening. It's crazy. It's crazy, okay? What's going on with schools and not only in our country, but again–"

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trump's sons were going to get it done in 2017, because they are like us. We got a bump stock ban.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hardway
It’s all bullchit…. I’m tired of trying to pass this law or repeal that one just to reclaim a constitutional right. We need mass civil disobedience….. we wait like sheep for years for these cases to work their way through the courts just to get some small crumb of liberty.

Ummm . . .

Americans have bought 1,000,000 guns each month for 57 straight months. (Technically FBI/NICS background checks).

It’s harder to be much more pro gun than that.

The US is approaching 500,000,000 guns in private hands. Again, it’s a very pro-gun.

We are simply fighting tyranny of certain majorities in certain states.

It’s a big, important battle, no doubt.

But very far from the time to encamp at Columbia U.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Paul Ryan knew they had a GOP Congress, Senate, AND Presidency, in Nov 2016.

Jan/Feb 2017 rolled around, and the only thing that goofball and his Rino buddies cared about, was wasting the first half of 2017 on a tax bill.

You mean the high economic growth during the trump years had no benefit to the US?

We also got three great justices on the court from McConnnel.

Neither Ryan nor McConnell are perfect, and I disagree with them on many points, to say we got nothing is hard to accept.

Last edited by BMT; 05/09/24.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Obama was more gun friendly than Trump.

Park visitors are able to openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms per a federal law approved by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama in February 2010.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (257man, 1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 117LBS, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 1,924 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,264
Posts18,525,337
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.