Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Originally Posted by MAC
If you lose the 2nd amendment you lose the entire Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights exists to limit the power of the govt and to protect the rights of the people. I swore an oath for more than 25 years to support and defend the Constitution. I never swore an oath to a political party.

This is a hill I am willing to die on.

I'm totally with you brother.

Fug pandering to the politicians now and forever. It doesn't work and 90% of Replican voters already believe appeasement is the answer. I want to see dead deer on the hoods of cars again and prayer in schools.
The average "republican" is a little bitch and is just as responsible for ruining this country as the demonrats. Please, anyone prove me wrong

Can't answer for that. I am not a republican nor an I a democrat. I am a constitutionalist and will always come down on the side of the Constitution.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have changed a heckuva lot, and most ways not for the better.
When we started, it always felt like a big happy family. We now have more than 10 times that number. We have gained some very knowledgeable people, and also quite a few that I consider to be azzholes at best.šŸ˜Ÿ I donā€™t put folks on ā€œignoreā€ very often, but I can identify most times when somebody is trying to pick an argument over offering conversation.
FWIW, 2A is a line I will die defending if need be. I have always considered the right of self defense to be nonnegotiable.
Thatā€™s all well and good, but I will say this. You can take it as you may.
Free and fair elections of our leaders should be every freakin bit as important as our firearms. If thereā€™s really a ā€œhill worth dying onā€, itā€™s that, not the 2A.
We let them get away with it in 2020, probably 2022 as well. We need to be praying, and we need to be preparing, because our government has gone rogue!
This ainā€™t no game. The bad guys are playing for keeps. We The People need to accept this as gospel and act accordingly!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." ļæ½ Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Itā€™s too divisive.

I mean I am super conservative and whatnot, but I donā€™t believe on standing in principle if I think something is right or wrong.

Letā€™s win the election first guys, use whatever language it takes to get elected, then really implement policy.

Whoā€™s with me?

Not exactly the MAGA platform pal. Conservative and ā€œwhatnotā€? That is a troll statement.

The way life should be.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
From now on I'm going to write in crayon.

holy fƻck

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laughing here!
Donā€™t let the bastards wear you down!
Dammit, Rickster, can we trade that ā€œlikeā€ button for one that says sarcasm?!
We truly need it!!!šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." ļæ½ Wesley Pruden

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I caught the sarcasm immediately and knew it was in reference to the abortion thread.

Some here still think Reagan said what we need is warm mushy pastels not bold colors.

We have the winning arguments we just need the spine to stand boldly for them and the ability to communicate why our ideas are better for the country and society in general. Leftists are in general sociopaths. They use threats and fear to get what they want and hope that you'll try to compromise to appease them because everytime you do it moves the needle incrementally in their direction. You can't appease them, the only thing they understand is consequences. They're playing the long game of corrosiveness that wears you down over time. We need to point out the flaws in their logic or lack thereof and illustrate the ultimate consequences of their plans so people understand the horrors that Marxist ideas always lead to.

Our R politicians are constantly caving to try to win them over and prove they are not extreme or not partisan. It's politically smart to not push hard and center your campaign on a potentially loosing issue but that doesn't mean you have to abandon all principle and play nice.

The dems want to make this about abortion because they are a satanic death cult and abortion is their sacrament. We need to constantly shift the conversation back to illegal immigration, inflation, crime, the economy in general. Fentynal poisoning, corrupt justice system, stopping needless wars, and reeling in the military industrial complex.

Any good marketer knows to play to your strengths. I often did what was called a gap analysis to identify the things a company did well that were also important to the market. Then I designed an advertising campaign around the issues you owned that were important and tried to keep the other issued out of the conversation. That didn't mean caving or giving up on the other issues you thought were important it just meant don't waste time and energy where it's not as effective. Fight to control the conversation and keep it about the things you own without getting into the weeds. Help others see why the issues you own are important and how they will improve their lives. If an issue potentially harms you shift away from it and steer towards what you own but stay with your love group and don't try to appease with a me too strategy.

That's why the dems always speak vaguely about issues that are tough for them. Well, actually they often just openly lie about it but they know their base isn't principled and knows the true long game. We have a more delicate job because principles matter to us and outright lies can alienate our base. So, we don't need to lie but we can be vague and redirect the conversation to topics we own. The dems have no problem saying things like if you like your Dr you can keep your Dr or that the border is under control even though they know it's an outright lie because their base knows it's a lie too and can play along.

We could say ok we've decided abortion is ok and should be available to anyone anytime but we'd loose our base because they'd believe it. Partly because our politicians have caved so much it would be easy to believe. I think we just shift away from it everytime and speak vaguely about it. As I said before maybe say things like we are ok with common sense abortion law reform. That doesn't mean we have to tell them that common sense means you don't kill your own babies especially when birthrate are declining.

I'd be pivoting towards things like illegal immigration. At most maybe pointing out some facts like we wouldn't need to have open borders, allowing 10 million foreigners in who don't understand or appreciate our culture to fill jobs or whatever their excuse is, if we were raising our own American babies right here instead of killing them.

I wish we could be the party of principles but we need to be able to communicate why those principles matter not constantly cave to try to make mushy moderates feel better. Cliche time, if you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything.

The Republicans need to make a list of some key principles that we can agree on and stick to them. I believe in freedom of speach for example. That means despite the fact I hate the students support hamas I 100% agree with their right to do so. I don't like hate speach laws that try to criminalize people for speaking against Israel even though I know Israel was viciously attacked and has the right to hit back hard. My support of free speach isn't only for speach I like, that's how the dems operate. I also believe in due process and don't support red flag laws even if that means some radical Trans person might buy a gun. If you want to take away their right they need their day in court first. I also believe in the right to privacy. Even if it means we can't listen in on Muslim American phone calls without a warrant.

Bb

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
The deputy will receive much more support from those claiming to be 2A supporters than the deputies victim.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Didnā€™t realize I needed to break it down like I was explaining something to a kindergartner lol

Or geriatrics with dementia.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
BGG is a great parodizer.

Itā€™s not just that abortion is legal. Each and every one of you are funding the procedures, under Obamacare.
That, and sex change operations.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
Thomas Jefferson

Also, itā€™s not just the remote ballot boxesā€¦ā€¦itā€™s the poll volunteers as well.

The cheat vote was not sufficient for 2016. They plan not to make that mistake ever again.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't be a pussy.
That is exactly what a coward would say. Do you hold your breath til your face turns blue, just get your way?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From now on I'm going to write in crayon.

holy fƻck

Lol!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔĢ€Ėn labĆ© skĆ½la

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Don't be a pussy.
That is exactly what a coward would say. Do you hold your breath til your face turns blue, just get your way?

One of many examples of reading the thread title and spouting off. LOL!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 48 invisible), 3,099 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,660
Posts18,534,007
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.