Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
XR650Ls are fantastic bikes. I have owned 2. One had been modded by the previous owner and was wicked quick on initial launch. You are going to thoroughly enjoy exploring on it. You mentioned having to switch to reserve. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they won't give it a larger tank. Would anyone not buy it if it had another gallon of gas capacity?

I have been stung a few times. When riding the mountains of Northern Arkansas, I had a yellow jacket appear on the inside of my helmet face shield. I eased over and let it out.

Watch out for the left turners.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago, on a spring ride, I got a wasp inside my helmet. It stung me 3 times on my right temple along the leg of my glasses. I was steering with my knees, ripping my helmet off, and screaming obscenities. One side of my head was swelled up for days. If I'd been allergic, that one would have put me down for good.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have to ask - what senses are you referring to when you said “as I've come to my senses regarding that KTM 450”? I’m intrigued to hear your thoughts on the KTM!

I have not hit the adventure bike stage yet - but feel it is close. I keep seeing Yamaha Teneres and they have me thinking.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
When I was a kid riding my Suzuki 50, a bee went up my shorts and zapped me right next to the family jewels. Ever seen someone doing jumping jacks on a motorcycle going 35 mph?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A buddy of mine lost his younger brother due to illness a year or so ago. The brother had a nice Harley, and before selling it, my friend decided to take it around a lake, which was his younger brother’s favorite ride. He said he was doing about 50, when a deer jumped out in front of him. Hit him in the chest and wiped him off the bike. He was in the hospital for a long time. Broken bones all over him.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
XR650Ls are fantastic bikes. I have owned 2. One had been modded by the previous owner and was wicked quick on initial launch. You are going to thoroughly enjoy exploring on it. You mentioned having to switch to reserve. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they won't give it a larger tank. Would anyone not buy it if it had another gallon of gas capacity?

I have been stung a few times. When riding the mountains of Northern Arkansas, I had a yellow jacket appear on the inside of my helmet face shield. I eased over and let it out.

Watch out for the left turners.
I put a Clarke tank on my xr650l. 4gallons?

Acerbis makes a bigger tank if you need one.

Bees/wasp in your helmet makes for an interesting
time! 😜

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago, I went on a ride on a warm spring day wearing a fishnet t-shirt. I got a really nice checkerboard sunburn.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by iShoot17
I have to ask - what senses are you referring to when you said “as I've come to my senses regarding that KTM 450”? I’m intrigued to hear your thoughts on the KTM!

The power to weight ratio is just going to get me hurt, is my sense. The brakes and suspension are still excellent, and this is a 15 year old bike.

1 member likes this: iShoot17
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1badf350, 19rabbit52, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 43 invisible), 3,606 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,721
Posts18,534,999
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.