Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If it's that complicated that you have to read a bunch of stuff and figure it out, it's messed up. That doesn't mean it isn't the truth. It just means that whoever invented the "truth" that requires all of that figuring out is not a benevolent, loving being.
You had to read to learn in elementary school. You had to read to learn in middle school. You had to read to learn in high school. And you have to read to learn in college.

The entire New Testament can be read in about eighteen hours total, if read at an average reading speed.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mart
Because they recognized intelligent design that could only come from the hand of the Creator.

Exactly. The Scripture states that by the creation alone should men believe.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Because they recognized intelligent design that could only come from the hand of the Creator.
Not only that. Christianity teaches that all humans do have an inborn knowledge of God. Put another way, our spiritual DNA does inform all humans that there is a God. Apostle Paul clearly writes that all men have a built-in knowledge of God.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Not only that. Christianity teaches that all humans do have an inborn knowledge of God. Put another way, our spiritual DNA does inform all humans that there is a God. Apostle Paul clearly writes that all men have a built-in knowledge of God.

Not being argumentative here but It took the Apostle Paul a while to discover this to the point that he was knocked off of his ass onto his ass and made blind to get his attention.

He then gained that built-in knowledge that he speaks of.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Faith. Just that.

Last edited by RS308MX; 05/10/24.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloadet28
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Not being argumentative here but it took the Apostle Paul a while to discover this to the point that he was knocked off of his ass onto his ass and made blind to get his attention.
Yeah, a lot of us are hard learners.
Paul was already aware of God’s existence before the above incident. But, being a hard learner, it took the above incident to start him on the road to gaining the insight about God that he eventually attained.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Faith. Just that.

Specific Faith as clearly outlined in what it takes to be saved.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Reloadet28
Not being argumentative here but it took the Apostle Paul a while to discover this to the point that he was knocked off of his ass onto his ass and made blind to get his attention.
Yeah, a lot of us are hard learners.
Paul was already aware of God’s existence before the above incident. But, being a hard learner, it took the above incident to start him on the road to gaining the insight about God that he eventually attained.

His knowledge of “God’s existence “ caused him to be a bounty hunter for rounding up Christians?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
His knowledge of “God’s existence” caused him to be a bounty hunter for rounding up Christians?
Nope. His profound and misguided zeal for the Law of Moses “caused him to be a bounty hunter for Christians.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it's that complicated that you have to read a bunch of stuff and figure it out, it's messed up. That doesn't mean it isn't the truth. It just means that whoever invented the "truth" that requires all of that figuring out is not a benevolent, loving being.
You had to read to learn in elementary school. You had to read to learn in middle school. You had to read to learn in high school. And you have to read to learn in college.

The entire New Testament can be read in about eighteen hours total, if read at an average reading speed.

I read a lot. Do I have to believe everything I read? CNN, Fox, Jag, Q, Biden, Trump, you?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
His knowledge of “God’s existence” caused him to be a bounty hunter for rounding up Christians?
Nope. His profound and misguided zeal for the Law of Moses “caused him to be a bounty hunter for Christians.”

“Saul, Saul why dost thou persecute Me.”

No, I don’t believe that the Apostle Paul had much respect for “God’s existence “ prior to his Damascus experience.

Jmo

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You had to read to learn in elementary school. You had to read to learn in middle school. You had to read to learn in high school. And you have to read to learn in college. The entire New Testament can be read in about eighteen hours total, if read at an average reading speed.
I read a lot. Do I have to believe everything I read? CNN, Fox, Jag, Q, Biden, Trump, you?
Excellent. I clearly said to read the New Testament manuscripts for yourself. They’ll provide you with the information to make the decision for yourself regarding these matters. And ‘then’ you responded by bitchin’ about, “If it's that complicated that you have to read a bunch of stuff and figure it out, it's messed up.” So I’m not what your beef is about…?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
“Saul, Saul why dost thou persecute Me.” No, I don’t believe that the Apostle Paul had much respect for “God’s existence” prior to his Damascus experience.
He was a Pharisee. He was tutored by Gamaliel. Do you not think Paul believed in the existence of God prior to his Damascus experience…?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You had to read to learn in elementary school. You had to read to learn in middle school. You had to read to learn in high school. And you have to read to learn in college. The entire New Testament can be read in about eighteen hours total, if read at an average reading speed.
Excellent. I clearly said to read the New Testament manuscripts for yourself. They’ll provide you with the information to make the decision for yourself regarding these matters. And ‘then’ you responded by bitchin’ about, “If it's that complicated that you have to read a bunch of stuff and figure it out, it's messed up.” So I’m not what your beef is about…?

No beef whatsoever. I just figure that anything that is supposed to be obvious should be obvious. You are suggesting that I should read a 2000 year old position paper in archaic language to be convinced of something. If people are doomed to eternal damnation because they don’t read it and/or don’t understand it or believe it, something is messed up regardless of whether it is true or not.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
“Saul, Saul why dost thou persecute Me.” No, I don’t believe that the Apostle Paul had much respect for “God’s existence” prior to his Damascus experience.
He was a Pharisee. He was tutored by Gamaliel. Do you not think Paul believed in the existence of God prior to his Damascus experience…?

He was confronted by the very One that he was persecuting.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No beef whatsoever. I just figure that anything that is supposed to be obvious should be obvious.
Some things are obvious for a great many people after they examine the manuscript evidence for themselves.
You are suggesting that I should read a 2000 year old position paper in archaic language to be convinced of something.
Nope. I’m suggesting that you examine 27 different ancient and historical manuscripts that were written by at least 8 or 9 different authors that all attest to the same thing, and then draw your own conclusions.
If people are doomed to eternal damnation because they don’t read it and/or don’t understand it or want believe it, something is messed up regardless of whether it is true or not.
People are only “doomed to eternal damnation” if they are unforgiven. Period.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He was confronted by the very One that he was persecuting.
Yep, he was. But do you not think Paul believed in the existence of God prior to this…?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by bluefish
Until science comes to its limitation and then scientists are forced to capitulate to ideas like Intelligent Design.

Not even close. That's not how science or philosophy works. .

Actually completely spot on and people much smarter than you agree but go on and refute my claim.

Hardly.

For a start, intelligent design was put on trial in the Dover vs Kitzmiller case, where both sides argued their case and those arguing for intelligent design failed.

''From 2002, William (Bill) Buckingham and Alan Bonsell, members of the Dover Area School District Board of Education who were young earth creationists, had made various statements supporting teaching creationism alongside evolution.''

Science is not faith You don't impose your private own beliefs.

Last edited by DBT; 05/10/24.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Cheyenne,

If you are looking for a loving God, you have to look somewhere else. God demonstrated his love toward mankind by sending his Son as a gift, free gift for salvation to those who would accept him by faith.

For those who do not He is the opposite of benevolent loving and kind. Consider Noah's flood. God became annoyed. He drown them all; 25 billion people. The folks inside of Sodom and Gomorrah annoyed him. There were five cities that He burned with fire and brimstone. He will do the same thing to those who reject God's gift of his son.

Wow, a do as I say and not as I do type of God.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Exactly...

No possible way that "all of this" (man, nature, climate in perfect balance) could happen randomly.

Because at no time in history has man, nature, and climate not been in perfect balance. As in seven distinct extinction events. As in multiple ice ages of thousands of years each.

SO... what you are saying in a nutshell... is that iffin oxygen just kinda went away fo gud... nudding would change?

Or water...

Or da sun?

I am saying that Oxygen will fade away, Earth will become as arid as Mars, the sun will go nova. It is part of the progression of the universe. But man shall go extinct millions of years before that occurs.

You know this how?

Or are you just making up things... to support anti-creationism?

My comment from before is that "all of this"... in perfect alignment for you to experience... did not happen randomly... that is impossible.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 17,529 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,870
Posts18,537,848
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
2 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.