Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by IZH27
What is knowledge?

Knowledge is the practice of thinking...

Same as a Doctor practices medicine...

Large painting in my Doctor's waiting room...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Intellectualism (Rand's great study) will never supplant the divine source from which all wisdom is available.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Social pressure. If you read the Bible, it makes no sense. If someone else tells you what it says, it all makes sense and you create Christianity.
Christians were 100X more obnoxious and dangerous in those days than they are now, so it was play along or get killed or ostracized...they're not very open minded. These days they're on the verge of irrelevance, and I can't wait to watch Christianity's influence in American die off.

Move to NK then, or Iran. Put your money where your mouth is. Bet your azz if you lived there you’d be praying Oh Lord deliver me. FAFO.

Another commie bastard for the ignore list.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Houston_2
His knowledge of “God’s existence” caused him to be a bounty hunter for rounding up Christians?
Nope. His profound and misguided zeal for the Law of Moses “caused him to be a bounty hunter for Christians.”

Paul was a Zealot Jew. He was obeying Deuteronomy 13. Paul wrote, "As for the Law, I am found blameless."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I recommend, Man In White, by Johnny Cash

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Garandimal
"Mystics of Spirit, Mystics of Muscle."

- Atlas Shrugged -

Even faced with knowledge, people just don't want to think, and be human.

And their survival depends on it.

Huh...

GR

The great flaw with Rand... is that she hated Deontology...

And thus she faltered.

Regardless... she provokes intellectualism... and for that she gets a small pass.

She didn't like Victimhood as a Right, supported by either the Church or the State.

GR

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is knowledge?

Intellectualism (Rand's great study) will never supplant the divine source from which all wisdom is available.

Ayn Rand - would have probably vomited at that statement.

Because it states that A, is not A.

No place in the human world for Mystics.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"For centuries, the battle of morality was fought between those who claimed that your life belongs to God and those who claimed that it belongs to your neighbors--between those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of ghosts in heaven and those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of incompetents on earth. And no one came to say that your life belongs to you and that the good is to live it."

- Atlas Shrugged -

GR

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Cash,

I believe it because modern Science and astronomy has revealed it happening throughout the universe. Today we can observe galaxies and suns being born. We can see black holes swallowing galaxies. We can see various suns in all stages of their life cycles.

With the Hubble and the Webb telescopes, we have seen events as they occurred thirteen and one half billion years ago.

We have visited Mars and seen the evidence of water there, now gone.

We can see the obvious evidence of seven extinction events. The last of which was K/T extinction event 66 million years ago. The one in which dinosaurs suddenly went extinct after about 150 million years of dominance. We can see the crater left by the meteor which precipitated that event. We find particles left from that meteor.

Contrast that with 200,000 years of human existence on this planet. A mere speck of time in the geological sense. We have only begun to build cities and civilizations in the last 10,000 of those years.

The life cycle of this sun still has a few billion years left in it. That leaves a statistical certainty that several more extinction events are left to come.

At the density of human population on this planet, coupled with our dependence upon energy and technology, the certain coming of the next intercontinental glacial period will extinguish most of humanity. If the weather itself is not enough to cause extinction of human kind, we now have weapons which will be used in battles over resources which can ensure extinction.

As to the origin of the first "living cells" on Earth. I have no idea. People can only guess about that.

But the story of the subsequent three billion years is left in the Earth for us to read. The chapter starting at the K/T extinction event is pretty darned obvious.
My comment from before is that "all of this"... in perfect alignment for you to experience... did not happen randomly... that is impossible..

My counter is, the mind of man is unable to comprehend the magnitude of random chance over 13 billion years.

All things must happen within the laws of Physics and Chemistry. If the Earth had not been captured in the perfect "Goldilocks" orbit to support life, we would not be here to wonder and argue about it.

Things are the way they are because, if they were not, there would be no discussion.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho_Shooter,

Obviously, you don't understand major league speculation or entropy.

Everyday Hunter
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The existence of genetic information inside of the cell points to a Creator. If you’re walkin’ along the beach in Delaware and you see a message written in the sand that says, “Biden is rotten to the core,” you don’t assume the waves did that, or that crustaceans came out of the water and made that message. You know that even a short message like that requires a creator because natural forces don’t create even simple messages like that. So if a short and simple message like that requires a creator, how ‘bout a message that’s well over three billion letters long that’s found in every single one of our 40 trillion cells…? That’s gotta come from a Creator as well.

DNA is far more advanced than any computer program software that has ever been created. Doesn't a program require a programmer…? Doesn’t a message require a messenger…? Doesn’t a code require a coder…? DNA only comes from a Creator; it doesn’t come from an impersonal force, nor does it come from the natural forces (like gravity, electromagnetism, and strong and weak nuclear forces). You don’t get ‘messages’ from those things. And every thing that’s alive has a message (even amoebas have over a thousand volumes of an encyclopedia worth of information inside of em’). Even prominent atheists admit that.

Where does that come from…? It doesn’t come from natural forces ~ it comes from a Creator. When you see, “Biden is rotten to the core” written in the sand, you don’t lack a natural explanation for it, you don’t have a gap in your knowledge about natural forces, you have positive and empirically verifiable evidence for a creator of that message. The same thing is true for the genetic code. It’s based on what we do know, not on what we don’t know.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
1 member likes this: Wannabebwana
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"In The Beginning Was Information" by Dr. Werner Gitt was very difficult. I had to read it at least three times to understand.

I heartily recommend it to anyone who is not closed to scientific study.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Garandimal
What is knowledge?

Ayn Rand - would have probably vomited at that statement.

Because it states that A, is not A.

No place in the human world for Mystics.

GR

I agree about Rand throwing a hissy fit and puking over "Knowledge is the practice of thinking..."

That is why she falters.

Like anything that is "practiced"... self correction or correction by those better and brighter... is paramount.

Rand don't work that way... everything must be an emphatic.

That is why she wrote pulp fantasy fiction...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Things are the way they are because, if they were not, there would be no discussion.

On that we agree...

But where did these "Things" come from... that we are discussing?

Some ludicrous "Big bang, ball of cosmic gas THEORY"?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by antlers
The existence of genetic information inside of the cell points to a Creator. If you’re walkin’ along the beach in Delaware and you see a message written in the sand that says, “Biden is rotten to the core,” you don’t assume the waves did that, or that crustaceans came out of the water and made that message. You know that even a short message like that requires a creator because natural forces don’t create even simple messages like that. So if a short and simple message like that requires a creator, how ‘bout a message that’s well over three billion letters long that’s found in every single one of our 40 trillion cells…? That’s gotta come from a Creator as well.

I can not argue with any of that. I already stated that no person knows the origins of the first cells.

But it does not solve the mystery of where that author originated. It does not demonstrate the existence of omnipotence, or eternal existence. And it certainly does not prove the existence of an immortal soul.

Heck, some day, if humans do not annihilate themselves first, man may well spread across the Universe spreading the seeds of life.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The funniest thing about all this is that science has to be proven.

The Bible does not...because it can't.

But then the Bible toters condemn each other for not believing the "right" bible or verse or version.

No wonder it rained for 40 day and 40 nights.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
You just described the purpose of intelligent design.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
In fairness... I like Rand and her reflection on Self... and her promotion of Intellectualism...

But she has too many holes in her precepts... for me to give her genuine respect.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

On that we agree...

But where did these "Things" come from... that we are discussing?

Some ludicrous "Big bang, ball of cosmic gas THEORY"?
Admittedly, therein lies a mystery. One must assume either the natural existence of the matter of the Universe or of the Creator. One is no more difficult than the other.

We have counted two trillion galaxies at this point, containing an estimated 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars with their attendant planets. If we could determine how many of those planets have supported life, or will support life in the future, it would go far to clarify many mysteries.

Yes, an impossible quest. But good for cogitation.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
You just described the purpose of intelligent design.
To me?

I have never denied the possibility.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought this thread was gonna be about covered wagons, Hawken rifles and schit. Big letdown.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 17,167 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,872
Posts18,537,875
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
2 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.