Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Y
They once served a purpose, benefiting the worker. After a time, they only served to make corrupt union officials and the mafia very rich.

I worked two union jobs as a young man, never again after 1976……still working “blue collar” jobs, but fairing much better than those where I lived still working a union job! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
And the cancer spreads.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
If you can’t succeed in life join a union and sleep and do drugs and get drunk on the job

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC
To the OP:

Since when is Road and Track a news outlet? Yeah, I looked up the source: https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a60551262/car-factories-south-turning-union/
Is their article wrong ? Kudos to you for being able to look something up on the net . crazy

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I worked a couple union jobs when I was young. Both did random drug testing. Both also paid well and had excellent benefits. Something lacking in most blue collar non union shops today. But hell yes, lets fire all the greedy union factory workers and replace them with wet backs. Then we can put all those displaced American factory workers and their families on welfare. What a great plan !

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
joe biden is part of the UAW family. What an outstanding and quality President, huh??? He and the pos union are custom made for each other. Trash!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I work in both union and non-union power plants. I was just at a union run power plant in Florida. 4X the number of employees and the worst maintained. It's not always the case but seems to be more often than not.

The whole common wage thing turns me off. I don't consider my skills or work ethic common, so I'd rather negotiate my own wages and benefits.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by MAC
To the OP:

Since when is Road and Track a news outlet? Yeah, I looked up the source: https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a60551262/car-factories-south-turning-union/
Is their article wrong ? Kudos to you for being able to look something up on the net . crazy

Yes it is wrong. The rosters of union workers in this nation have been plummeting with the exception of govt unions. An article written by a guy that used to manage rock bands that nobody ever heard of is nor what I would consider a valid source not would I consider Road and Track to be a valid news source. But since you are defending it I am going to opine that you are one of those worthless union hacks that cannot get a job on your own merit.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited by MAC; 05/11/24.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I work in both union and non-union power plants. I was just at a union run power plant in Florida. 4X the number of employees and the worst maintained. It's not always the case but seems to be more often than not.

The whole common wage thing turns me off. I don't consider my skills or work ethic common, so I'd rather negotiate my own wages and benefits.

Well said. The only one that needs to talk for me is me.

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
To the OP:

Yes it is wrong. The rosters of union workers in this nation have been plummeting with the exception of govt unions. An article written by a guy that used to manage rock bands that nobody ever heard of is nor what I would consider a valid source not would I consider Road and Track to be a valid news source. But since you are defending it I am going to opine that you are one of those worthless union hacks that cannot get a job on your own merit.

Prove me wrong.

Well besides being a dumb fugg , you are wrong . I only posted what I thought to be of interest . Too bad you are so narrow minded that you have to read things into what others post .Sure sign of low intelligence .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I hope every one of those union members lose their jobs... nothing like working 1-2 hours a day and being overpaid for 8 hours of work a day. I have never met more sloppy workers or constantly on break workers than union workers. They make me want to puke.

Last edited by Sako; 05/11/24.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akrange
Best Laugh was the UAW President running around with a Shirt On that said EAT The RICH

Here’s a Guy Making 300K ,Expense Account and Benefits

Settles a Contract for 1/3 of His Blather ..

That’s a Rich..

How many Auto executives make a lot more than $300k?
And bitch about what every guy actually building cars costs/ hrs?

$300k is a lot of money, but not necessarily for the job he does.
Sure it's off of members backs, unlike corporate executive salaries.

Huntz,
You aren't going to find very many people smart enough or intellectually honest
enough to have a decent discussion on this topic. It's worse that politics or religion.
Actually it's religious.
Blind loyalty to a cult.
For or against.

Some think they are smart and fair,
they repetitively chant,
"Unions were good,
At one time,
They aren't needed now."

It's taught at the orientation of anti-union companies.

Along with,
"YOU are better off without unions. Negotiating for yourself."

Because they don't have handbooks with wage schedules.
You just have to work hard and ask for more. They will gladly just give you more.
Especially blue collar level workers.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Sako
I hope every one of those union members lose their jobs... nothing like working 1-2 hours a day and being overpaid for 8 hours of work a day. I have never met more sloppy workers or constantly on break workers than union workers. They make me want to puke.

Wow, you really hate those scumbag union guys. What is it that you do for living that you have to be around them so much? Must make you a job, life, miserable.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I like these union bashing threads, brings out the Closest Dem-Tards.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
I've never met a union member that wasn’t lazy incompetent and obese
Ask BuzzH
Originally Posted by Sako
BUZZY is is just a piece of dirt bureaucrat that has learned to work the system. He isn't stupid, he is just a parasite that has learned to manipulate things. You can bet his co-workers don't like having him around but they just make do and probably do his job if he has any assignments.

I know lots of pipeline union men, railroad union men, and paper mill union men and ladies. They do NOT fit the above descriptions.

I am somewhat in agreement with being against government employee unions, or at least the legality of them making political donations. When I was a state employee we could unionize but we could not legally make political donations. As I understand it, Federal employees legally can.

Most government employees have civil service protections and part of that protection was to prevent politicians from shaking them down for money, which is why Louisiana is strict on civil service employees donating to politicians. Back in the Huey Long days you paid or you were fired. Civil Service acts much the same as a union in requiring fair treatment of employees and providing a system to redress abuses.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
To the OP:

Prove me wrong.

Well besides being a dumb fugg , you are wrong . I only posted what I thought to be of interest . Too bad you are so narrow minded that you have to read things into what others post .Sure sign of low intelligence .

Nope. I am correct. You are a moron that cannot get advanced on merit. I told you why it is wrong and you give nothing to refute it. An article written by a nobody in a nothing publication and and you take it as gospel. This is typical of union hacks. And your rather inane attempt at defensiveness shows I struck a nerve. Time to grow up Child.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Going to be interesting.

The vote is next week.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ribka
If you can’t succeed in life join a union and sleep and do drugs and get drunk on the job

Ruski Ribka is painting with a wide brush.

In your career as a federal law enforcement agent you never were in a union?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Deerhunter78
Originally Posted by gsganzer

Well said. The only one that needs to talk for me is me.

Well, I know for a fact, at least in the trades you could do your own talking as far as wages. I know quite a few guys that get extra because they are better than average. The squeaky wheel gets grease. I’m not saying it works all the time, but it definitely does work some of the time.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You are free to get paid more than union scale. It is just a minimum.

I do not think I have ever worked in a shop where guys weren't being paid over scale.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1100mag, 21, 160user, 69 invisible), 3,716 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,763
Posts18,535,748
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.