Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
…that Christianity was true, would you become a follower of Jesus…? Jesus said, “I am the truth.” Some people’s response to Christianity might be, “Well, that’s great for you, you’ve found purpose and meaning in your life, but it’s not for me.” But when you think about it, is that a logical position, IF you knew without a doubt that Christianity was true…? If Christianity is true, then wouldn’t it be of profound importance to every single one of us…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
3 members like this: Sixpack, memtb, Ringman
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I guess that's why they call it.... Having Faith.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
3 members like this: BMT, earlybrd, buddy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
…that Christianity was true, would you become a follower of Jesus…? Jesus said, “I am the truth.” Some people’s response to Christianity might be, “Well, that’s great for you, you’ve found purpose and meaning in your life, but it’s not for me.” But when you think about it, is that a logical position, IF you knew without a doubt that Christianity was true…? If Christianity is true, then wouldn’t it be of profound importance to every single one of us…?

Absolutely but it’s always been human nature to let doubt creep in. I’ve seen enough acts of God to believe but I still have weak moments.

The apostle Peter is relatable because at his best he had unwavering faith and walked on water, a moment later he had doubts and sunk in the sea. He was ready to kill a Roman solider in defense of Jesus but a few hours later he had doubts and denied Jesus.

I’ve seen acts of God but praying for greater faith is still something that I do just about daily.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Prove it.

"Existence exists--and the act of grasping that statement implies two corollary axioms: that something exists which one perceives and that one exists possessing consciousness, consciousness being the faculty of perceiving that which exists.

Whatever the degree of your knowledge, these two--existence and consciousness--are axioms you can not escape..."

- Atlas Shrugged -

The lack of one thing, does not prove the existence of another thing.

Mysticism - simply settles the feelings of the fear of the unknown.

A is A.

GR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Garandimal

Prove it.

"Existence exists--and the act of grasping that statement implies two corollary axioms: that something exists which one perceives and that one exists possessing consciousness, consciousness being the faculty of perceiving that which exists.

Whatever the degree of your knowledge, these two--existence and consciousness--are axioms you can not escape..."

- Atlas Shrugged -

A is A.

GR

Maybe you need to read the question again. The posters asked "IF you knew", he didn't make any declaration.

Perhaps you could tell us from where consciousness came. Of course, with proof.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
1 member likes this: Ben_Lurkin
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Absolutely but it’s always been human nature to let doubt creep in. I’ve seen enough acts of God to believe but I still have weak moments.

The apostle Peter is relatable because at his best he had unwavering faith and walked on water, a moment later he had doubts and sunk in the sea. He was ready to kill a Roman solider in defense of Jesus but a few hours later he had doubts and denied Jesus.

I’ve seen acts of God but praying for greater faith is still something that I do just about daily.
I don't think that was doubt. It was fear. He could see Jesus standing there in the grips of the law and he thought 'that could be me'. A few days later he was utterly fearless and he really WAS ready to die for Jesus.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Garandimal

Prove it.

- Atlas Shrugged -

A is A.

GR

Wouldn’t it also be true that lack of faith and belief doesn’t disprove?

Last edited by IZH27; 05/12/24.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The question of faith seems to be central to the question.

Faith, as defined in scripture, is not a blind faith that is a wishing that something be true. Neither is it based in some random personal experience or thought upon which one finds strength. Neither is faith something that is strong, relying on the power or resolve of the one practicing it in order to be effective.

Rather, it is based on something objective. Paul emphasized this to the believers in Corinth; 15:14And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. He also demonstrates that faith is a gift to the one who believes (Ephesians 2).

Christian belief and faith is based in the object of the faith, Christ and His work, not on the power or will of the one believing.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
The question of faith seems to be central to the question. Faith, as defined in scripture, is not a blind faith that is a wishing that something be true. Neither is it based in some random personal experience or thought upon which one finds strength. Neither is faith something that is strong, relying on the power or resolve of the one practicing it in order to be effective. Rather, it is based on something objective. Paul emphasized this to the believers in Corinth; 15:14And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. He also demonstrates that faith is a gift to the one who believes (Ephesians 2). Christian belief and faith is based in the object of the faith, Christ and His work, not on the power or will of the one believing.
👊🏻

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
So why is it said there are no atheists on the battlefield, why do people have to be pushed into the most serious event to understand there truly is a God.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Angus55
So why is it said there are no atheists on the battlefield, why do people have to be pushed into the most serious event to understand there truly is a God.

So why do you say people have to be pushed. Are you a pusher ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

It is said. Yet no matter how many times it is said, it still isn't true.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Hard question and probably a bunch of reasons for answers. A vast majority of people believe in a higher power, a creator. Maybe that knowledge of God is academic.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Yes most people need to be pushed. But not by people but by the Holy Spirit. I recall my " battel" . I was convicted, but did not want to yield to the truth.

When I did I received what the bible calls the peace that passes all understanding.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Yes most people need to be pushed. But not by people but by the Holy Spirit. I recall my " battel . I was convicted, but did not want to yield to the truth.

When I did I received what the bible calls the peace that passes all understanding.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Not true . Many unbelievers die not believing .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Paul gives us the answer. He wrote everyone knows about God. They choose to suppress the Truth in unrighteousness.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I am not religious, not even spiritual maybe, but I am genetically Christian and try to live by those principles philosophically without making any absurd claims as to the nature of God. Logically, that is preposterous, though many will come to blows, war even, to assert their doctrine over others.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I am genetically Christian

Do tell where the Christian gene is located.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The only sane thing, would be follow the one that proved that to you.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

309 members (160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 28 invisible), 14,103 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,542,029
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.