Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ghey!!

Go big, go commercial

Be persuaded into buying something you did not inquire about.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Satan snuck small 2-stroke engines in when God was on a coffee break.

Satan urinates ethanol gasoline.

I have an old cheapo wore out Poulan that I rescued from the farm because I thought it was about to die and figured it would have an easy end to it's life here in town. That was 10 years ago and the little POS started up a couple weeks ago on the third pull just like it does every spring.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Have the EGO system for work, have not used the weedeater alot, but it works wells. Also have the 18" EGO chainsaw, its lighter than my stihl farmboss and the battery last long enough to cut 4-5 good size trees out of gaswell roads, it works very well.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SamOlson

God honest tr9th right there.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I have an old cheapo wore out Poulan that I rescued from the farm because I thought it was about to die and figured it would have an easy end to it's life here in town. That was 10 years ago and the little POS started up a couple weeks ago on the third pull just like it does every spring.

Here in rural Utah

88 octane 'clear eth free' is readily available

'Bout $.30 more a gallon

Easily stores 2 yrs w/o any issues

Keep 25 gallons in the barn

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a Stihl battery weed eater. 20 volt. Around the house, it’s perfect.

Sam......

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

straight up facts right there today's ethanol gasoline is absolute disastrous for small motors both two-stroke and 4-stroke.

granted some of the motors to die or getting made for this stuff and you'll be all right there but I personally couldn't tell you what small motor might be.

lots of small motors around this place and I've used non-ethanol fuel for several years and have zero issues.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22
The dual battery Milwaukee ain't too bad.

Dual battery... That is the ticket if going E.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The ego 56 volt is a dang nice unit, so nice I have a bunch ot other stuff from them also.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have a steel blade on my Stihl because of kochia weeds. Strings can't cut them. A battery wouldn't handle the blade very well.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a dewalt, with the 60 volt battery it will eat!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I went the Milwaukee route a couple years back. String trimmer is good for what it is. I use it for 20 % of the time trimming, Stijl, 80 %. Hedge trimmer is great, something I don’t use often enough for a gas one, I used to think, and the first garden tool that I bought from Milwaukee. The blower also is a nice complement to the Stijl backpack blower. The blower can drain a battery faster than anything else, as far as I can see it. No regrets on this stuff, or the pole saw for the trimmer head. No troubles at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We bought a Milwaukee trimmer a couple of years ago. It’s what everybody grabs. An 8AH battery runs about 30 minutes, and takes about 30 minutes to charge. We run both the string head for light weeds and a blade head on it for kochia, burdock, heavy thistle, etc.

Goats for the win, however.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I got the 40v hart brand "Walmart "brand. It works great. I also got the hedge trimmer, and chain saw. I got them all on clearance. I got 4 batteries , it will go about 3 or 4 hours. The saw gets about 20 minutes per battery.

It doesn't matter who gets more votes, It matters who counts the votes.
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by TwoTall
I went the Milwaukee route a couple years back. String trimmer is good for what it is. I use it for 20 % of the time trimming, Stijl, 80 %. Hedge trimmer is great, something I don’t use often enough for a gas one, I used to think, and the first garden tool that I bought from Milwaukee. The blower also is a nice complement to the Stijl backpack blower. The blower can drain a battery faster than anything else, as far as I can see it. No regrets on this stuff, or the pole saw for the trimmer head. No troubles at all.
Exactly its not a huge deal to just toss in another battery and go. The added benefit of being able to toss on a pole saw, hedge trimmer, lawn edger, and probably one of my favorite attachments for it the power broom which is absolutely insane the power and torque that 18 volt battery puts out. By the time the battery is done with the broom you need to rest. Not to mention the drill, impact gun chainsaws, water pump, grease gun, multiple lights. If you are going cordless by a platform that you will be able to use multiple tools with.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been more than pleased with my 40v Ryobi. I went that route as I had a Ryobi gas power head, so all my attachments are still usable. String trimmer, brush cutter, blower, edger, tiller/cultivator. I also have their 12" top handle chain saw. That is one handy and useful SOB! I doubt I'll ever go back to gas for these types of tools for home use. Just too convenient to grab a battery and go.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought one.
Didn't do nearly what I thought it would.
Luckily it has the edger function and does well at that so it's now the wifes, she doesn't have to pull the clunky old electric edger out anymore.

I'll stick with the FS90 for all of my weed eating.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Paul39
Just got this EGO 56 volt on sale from Lowe's and have been happy with it so far. Gets decent ratings. Plenty of power. Only thing I did was replace the line with a better grade of .095, works better.

Has an interesting self winding feature. Push in 13' of new line equal sides, push a button on the head and it sucks it right up.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/EGO-POWERL...ring-Trimmer-Battery-Included/5001957615

This is what we have been using for the last 5 years or so. Still going strong.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I recommend you get a good harness with two shoulder straps for whatever trimmer you wind up with or the one they already have. When you get it set up right and the rig is balanced it sort of "floats" effortlessly. You are supporting the weight of it with your big muscles as opposed to hands and arms.

Also, consider getting or at least looking at a weed eater with bike handlebars instead of the typical hoop handle. I find for my particular back issues it works a lot better with my hands out in front in a more normal position as opposed to the hoop, especially when cutting for an extended period of time. These are sold as "brush cutters" but some of the lower end models are just weed eaters with handle bars. This is what you want because you are just after the handlebars, not a big ass motor to lug around.

This is the one I am using now.....you can get a battery version if you insist....

https://www.echo-usa.com/trimmers-brushcutters/srm-225u

Battery model with handlebars....

https://www.echo-usa.com/trimmers-brushcutters/dsrm-2600u

If the one they have now does not start easily, just get a new carb and install it, and from then on use non-ethanol gas and Echo Red Armor oil. You won't have any more problems assuming you or they are not accidently flooding the machine.

Last edited by RJY66; 05/13/24.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
DeWalt 20 V XR Brushless, love this thing, use it about half hour at a time and the battery life indicator bar doesn't even come down one bar. 7.1 lbs

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 160user, 50 invisible), 15,021 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,102
Posts18,541,797
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.