Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 35 36
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=Enrique] Face it, wages won't change. Therefore, you still need someone to do the jobs lazy Americans won't do. Not saying anything derogatory here, but many people would rather go on wellfare than take an outside job or start at the bottom. We need immigrants, preferably legal, but we all no breaking the law is funner, so I guess the illegals will do. It is wrong and unfair, but we need someone to do the jobs.

I don't agree with you on this one. Take away welfare and I'd bet those jobs will be filled.
This is too much like John McCain's statement about the labor that Mexican, or other migrant, workers were doing in picking melons or whatever they were picking and he said that Americans wouldn't do it for even fifty dollars an hour. I don't know about you but I'll do whatever I have to do in the way of labor to provide for my family. Including stoop labor that I probably can't do. That atitude just seems to indicate a lack of respect for Americans.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those effers come here because some American is willing to look the other way and unlawfully pay them a slaves wage for their labor.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Won't respond to any comments,........right this minute

will say that it's NICE to see SOME comments, ....

And feel some HEAT,....here at the fire,....

I know that Oil's important,....but THIS ,......e.g.

The Border and it's lack of integrity should be THE election issue.

.........that can only be adressed by "The Will of The People"

Leaving it up to "Administrations"( of either stripe) hasn't exactly panned out,.....has it now ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
On our latest ( yesterday's) medical bills,.....

Link: http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/93184.php

Likely illegal immigrants
Pima medical examiner working to ID 9 killed in rollover
HEIDI ROWLEY
Tucson Citizen
Three of the 10 injured in a single-SUV rollover that killed nine Thursday northwest of Tucson remain at University Medical Center.
Two of the men, whose ages were estimated in the 20s and 30s, are in critical condition, said spokeswoman Darci Slaten. Another, who underwent surgery on his leg, is in stable condition.
The Department of Public Safety reported that 19 people were inside the SUV when it rolled just before 8 a.m. Thursday on state Route 79, about 15 miles southeast of Florence. DPS has confirmed that nine people died in the crash. The 10 injured were taken to hospitals in Tucson and Phoenix.
According to a DPS statement Friday morning, investigators have not had a chance to question the person they think was driving the SUV.
All of those who died in the crash are believed to be illegal immigrants. However, their identities may not be officially released for several days, to first notify relatives of the deaths, the release said.
Guatemalan Consul General Oscar Padilla in Phoenix said at least five of the survivors are from El Salvador and three from Mexico, and at least one of those who died was from Guatemala.
Padilla and his counterparts from El Salvador and Mexico are helping Pima County Medical Examiner Dr. Bruce Parks as he works to identify the victims of Thursday's crash.
Speed and driver inattention appear to have contributed to the collision, the release said, but the cause remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Save Money! Subscribe to the Tucson Citizen.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is just stupid,.....nothing fancy,.....just stupid,....

like these "Administrations"

Link: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17127563/detail.html

13 Suspected Illegals Walk Away From Cops
Local, State, And Federal Agents Turn Away

POSTED: 9:44 pm MDT August 7, 2008
UPDATED: 6:13 am MDT August 8, 2008

AURORA, Colo. -- Going 75 mph in a 55 mph zone seemed like a simple speeding ticket. Instead, the stop along Interstate 70 Wednesday morning would highlight an immigration system that is still full of holes.

A red Dodge minivan was pulled over going eastbound near Tower Road at 9:19 a.m.

According to the police report, the Aurora officer found a driver and 13 passengers in the van. Further investigation revealed that all 13 said they were picked up in Mexico two days prior by a man offering to get them work in Kansas.

Valente Cantoral-Herrera, 33, faces 13 counts of human smuggling and assault charges for allegedly injuring one of the Aurora officers who responded. Despite several phone calls to state and federal agencies though, all 13 suspected illegal immigrants, including several women and a 12-year-old boy, were set free.

"It's certainly our position we want to work with Immigration. But, as a local agency, we are not in the business of enforcing immigration law," said Aurora Police Detective Bob Friel.

In the arrest report, one policeman writes, "I then inquired about the CSP task force that was formed for this issue." Officer Javen Harper was told "they only act as a type of liaison between police and ICE."

The state patrol's Immigration Enforcement Unit was formed in July 2007. They did not respond to the scene. A spokesman, Sgt. John Hahn, said, " We can't respond to calls within city limits. This is a problem for all of us in law enforcement. If we responded to every call, it would require resources we don't have."

Citing operational constraints, agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement also refused to respond.

"ICE responds to the vast majority of calls from local jurisdictions.On rare occasions, we don't have the manpower to spare," said ICE regional spokesman Carl Rusnok in Dallas, Texas.

In April, Aurora's city council approved an expansion to its immigration detention center near I-70 and Peoria, nearly quadrupling it to hold 1500 people. None of the 13 suspected illegals was brought there. In the end, a police sergeant and commander told the officer on the scene to let the suspected illegal immigrants go.

They were last seen walking south, away from I-70.

"At that point, they disappear into society. We've lost track of them," said Friel.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Sherrif Joe Arpaio",.....disturbing report,.....

Link: http://video.newsmax.com/?assetId=V2780545

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Enrique
Whether people believe it or not. We need illegals just as much as we don't. Face it, wages won't change. Therefore, you still need someone to do the jobs lazy Americans won't do.

Kique

Absolute and pure elitist BS!!! Over MY life I did many of the "JOBS AMERICANS WON'T DO"!!!!! smirk

I'm fed up with this hogwash and won't give you one dmned inch on the issue. mad You're just another rationalizing wimp with what seems to be an ethnic agend.

What the H##L Part of ILLEGAL don't you understand???

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm going to chide Enrique as gentle as what seems appropriate.......

quoting him,....

"We need immigrants, preferably legal, but we all no breaking the law is funner, so I guess the illegals will do."

..........I'd like to hear this elaborated on,....just a bit,
there might be a great consultancy, and signifigant revenue in convincing the landowner / rancher, and those of us who perodically discover "Stinkers" in this vast, hostile area,
......how much "Funner" this is.

Tell that as well to the beat up , raped, and robbed (sometimes Kilt!) clients of the filthy Coyote Merchants,......

.............oh, yeah, in closing,....please elaborate at legnth on your "Bullet proof Vest".......thet you wear now,

.....Is that "Funner" too?

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Jobs that Americans are too lazy to do"

.....a riposte,.....caution, it's fairly passionate, and pulls few punches

Link: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71715

What jobs Americans won't do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 08, 2008
1:00 am Eastern

� 2008

Now that the U.S. economy has officially lost nearly a half million jobs this year, what is the excuse for winking at illegal immigration?

President Bush once told us famously the illegal aliens came to "do the jobs Americans wouldn't do."

It seems clear now with the latest reports of the Bureau of Labor Statistics there are no such jobs. Unemployment has hit a four-year high of 5.7 percent.

Yet, nothing changes with regard to the policies of Congress, the president or the proposed new policies of the major presidential candidates. They are all still marching to the tune of "comprehensive immigration reform" including some form of massive amnesty for millions � perhaps tens of millions � whose first act in America was breaking the law.

You saw John McCain and Barack Obama pandering to the extremists at La Raza.

George Bush hasn't changed his mind about the need for more foreign workers � at least publicly.

And members of Congress, before running off for summer vacation, were busy writing new laws to increase the number of visas available for those they hope to make their new constituents.

(Column continues below)

So what is it that drives politicians to serve the interests of non-citizens over taxpayers?

What is it that sustains the momentum of accommodation to an outright invasion by foreigners?

When 8.8 million Americans are officially unemployed and the economy is sputtering, how is it that a policy supposedly based on the need for more foreign workers doesn't change?

The answer is not comforting.

America has, for the most part, ceased to be a sovereign, self-governing society under the rule of law and guided by the will of the people.

I don't just blame the politicians. I blame Americans who are simply too ignorant to recognize what is happening around them or too unwilling to stand up and take action.

The master plan behind this insidious plot to open America's gates to untold millions of poor, uneducated non-English-speaking workers, not to mention vicious criminal gangs, drug dealers and the predatory scum of Latin America, is explained in great detail in Jerome Corsi's excellent work, "The Late Great USA."

It was never about jobs.

And that could not be more obvious today after the jobs have gone away and the invitations for the hordes continue to be sent.

It was about transforming our society into a more multicultural one so there would be less resistance to regional and, eventually, global government.

The plan was exposed so well by WND's relentless reporting, the book and a documentary version of "The Late Great USA," the architect of the plan recently threw in the towel, explaining the plot had been foiled.

But don't accept that as the last word on this convergence plan. It's not dead. It has merely been slowed down. The work continues. And the evidence is the continued efforts to ensure illegal immigrants already here stay and that more are lured into coming � even though the jobs we supposedly need them to fill have vanished.

None of this will be fixed by electing a new president in 2008.

No matter whom you vote for, the next president is going to be another illegal immigration accommodationist, an appeaser of law-breaking, a betrayer of the will of the people and the rule of law.

Voting for John McCain or Barack Obama won't make a difference.

There's only one way to save your country.

You've got to rise up and revolt.

Say, "I'm not going to take it any more � and mean it."

Our forefathers laid it all on the line � their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor.

What are you willing to risk to recapture the dream of American liberty, justice and morality?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m

When 9/11 happened I asked a friend of mine who was from New York if the people in New York would even care about it if it had happened in Kansas City or Dallas. He thought a minute then said, "Probably not". He was probably right.

I call booshat. Why wouldn't we care? We're not American enough back east to care what happens outside our area? I recall Tim McVeigh's blowing over the Murrah building in OK City very well, and remember that following that there was nothing but talk of concern, support and horror in what was done to our fellow Americans. Agreed that some New Yorkers and Bostonians alike have something of an elitist attitude and sense that the rest of the country is second to their existence, but there's some of that everywhere, is there not? I have no dog in this fight, but saw your post and thought I'd toss in my pair of coppers. Your buddy was either out of touch, or speaking for a small minority, I assure you.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That illegals are doing jobs that Americans won't do is one of the biggest lies that has ever been repeated. There is no such thing as "jobs that Americans won't do". That oft repeated lie is just a sorry excuse for certain employers to keep wages depressed. Illegals are not standing in line for minimum wage jobs , they are invading the trades and technical jobs.
The hourly workers at my place of employment have not had a cost of living increase since 1998. There is a large cheap labor pool of illegals here to keep wages depressed.It is hard for the average American to compete against people who go home in the evening to a place where they split the rent 10 different ways.
To anyone who would admonish me for my thoughts on this matter , get back to me after these people have invaded YOUR trade/profession.Don't think it can't happen to you.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Mike you're on track,....and here's some recent N.C. news to cheer you up, I hope

Link: http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/week_16386___article.html/fear_illegal.html

Raid rumors roil undocumented community
Comments 52 | Recommend 5
August 6, 2008 - 6:27PM
Keren Rivas / Times-News
Recent arrests in the county have heightened worries among undocumented immigrants in Alamance County about possible roundups.

Word of mouth, e-mails, text messages and flyers are being passed around among members of the community to warn those in the country illegally about massive roundups, or "redadas," along county roads and at factories that are supposedly being planned for today, Friday and Saturday.

Edith, a Mexican native who has lived in the United States illegally for the past 10 years, said Wednesday that she has heard that starting today, there will be traffic checkpoints. Besides regular police officers, she said, Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents will be waiting to arrest those who are found driving without a license or with an expired license.

Edith shared her views in her native Spanish and only gave her first name when interviewed.

Edith said she has been told that ICE agents will be going door to door in certain neighborhoods and entering Mexican grocery stores across the county looking for illegal residents to round up. She said rumors persist that on Friday, agents will hit local factories, which she said is causing many people to decide to stay home that day.

Though there are always rumors about possible roundups, she says the stories are worse this time around. Whether they are true or not, Edith said she is afraid of what would happen to her 4-month-old boy if she is arrested.

Damaris, 28, said she heard recently on a Spanish newscast that there will be raids in Charlotte as well this weekend. She said people are also saying that ICE agents are going to arrest people at their houses. Though she wouldn't like to be deported, Damaris, who is from Guatemala, said that is a risk of being in the country illegally.

"This is not my country," she said, adding that she came to America looking for work five years ago. She said she has no opinion about the recent events in the county. "This is their country," she said of federal authorities and other law enforcement. "They are doing what they consider to be right."

Rosalinda Guerrero, who works at Plaza Latina in Graham, said she has been hearing similar rumors from customers this week. A lot of people, she said, have told her that they aren't leaving their homes for fear of being arrested by federal authorities. She said others have told her that they plan to move away to avoid arrest.

Guerrero doesn't believe there is truth to the rumors. "If they are going to do it they are not going to let you know in advance," she said.

She said she even received a text message Tuesday night from a friend who was alerting people about a traffic stop on Interstate 85/40 near the 145 exit. She and her husband happened to be driving by that area when the text came and were able to verify that police were not there.

"People don't know what to believe," Guerrero said, adding that whoever is perpetuating the rumors is only making things worse.

Sergio Guzman, owner of Guzman's Market in Burlington, said business has decreased considerably because people worry about being stopped for driving with an expired license to then be processed for deportation.

Like other merchants in the area, Guzman is aware of the rumors but doubts their veracity. One story he's heard calls for entire factories to shut down their operations Friday since many of their employees are not going to be working that day

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Further promotoion of the myth, from Mexican Royalty figure

Link: http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2008/08/aging-us-will-m.html

The last comment on this topic REALLY resonates, when one stops to think about it,....No?

� Yo no quiero talking Chihuahuas | Main | Let's get this budget party started �

Aging U.S. will miss Mexican Immigrants
The Mexican Consul General of Phoenix says that Mexican workers are leaving the U.S. in response to heightened immigration enforcement (stepped up raids and tough laws at the municipal level) but that in coming decades, the U.S. will be sorry it pushed out these young, able-bodied workers.

Speaking to the Thunderbird School of Global Management in Arizona, Carlos Flores Vizcarra said demographic estimates show that within 30 years, nearly 77 million Americans will retire: "So the question is, who will take the place of those folks who are retiring?" he asked. Mexico is also facing a shortage of labor in coming decades, Flores added, and the U.S. will not find it easy to lure these workers back.

While everyone knows that low wages in Mexico are partially responsible for the numbers of Mexicans leaving the country seeking work elsewhere, the population explosion south of the border also has been a factor, he said. During World War II, Mexico had 18 million citizens; today, 20 million foreign-born residents of Mexican descent live in the U.S. --that's more than the entire population of the country in the 1940s. And Mexico's population has quintupled, to about 107 million people.

"It's like a revolution that no country could have digested," Flores said. "What has been our safety valve? The U.S."

But Mexicans seeking a better climate for immigrants aren't just going back to Mexico, Vizcarra said. They're heading north to Canada.

"Canada is pressing on Mexico so that Mexico can provide more labor to Canda," he said. "From this moment, Mexico is looking to the Canadian horizon, maybe with more interest than to the U.S., basicaly because of the sluggish economy here in America, and also becuase Canada is discovering new economic frontiers in Manitoba and Alberta."

Posted by Lisa Richardson on August 8, 2008 in Economy , Immigration , Mexico | Permalink

Comments
There are plenty of foreign workers waiting in line for a chance to come here to work legally. I don't believe we will have a shortage any time soon.
Legal immigrants are usually educated, vaccinated, insured, and can learn to speak English. They also get better paying jobs and pay more in taxes than illegal Mexican Nationals.

Posted by: Texan123 | August 08, 2008 at 01:54 PM

"It's like a revolution that no country could have digested," Flores said. "What has been our safety valve? The U.S."

So this Mexican official admits to what we have always known, the United States has been a safety valve to the Mexican nation. I feel so sorry for these displaced people, how disgusting their government is BUT we cannot throw the baby out with the bath water. If these Mexican national, here illegally, want to live in my country, then show a new allegiance and learn English and assimilate. You'll be my American brother!

Posted by: alexandros | August 08, 2008 at 01:58 PM

Almost half of all legal immigrants come from Mexico! I think America has done it's part to feed the Mexico poor, It's time for Mexico to step up for their own and quit crying about what is Mexico's own responsibility. If Mexicans leave and don't come back there are millions of poorer people who speak English all over the world to replace them.

Posted by: yeahman | August 08, 2008 at 02:31 PM

Typical Mexican false logic with threatening overtones blaming Americans. How can Mexico "be facing a labor shortage" when their population has quintupled to about 107 million people?

Their "safety valve" should be the development of their country and successful employment of their own people. That takes honesty and social committment to their Mexican citizens. Until that happens, they will remain an unequal third world country.

Posted by: cagran | August 08, 2008 at 02:52 PM

At first I thought this post was a joke or a parody. But these days you never know. I hope it was a joke.

Posted by: chris | August 08, 2008 at 05:20 PM

As Workers? What about as a fighting force. The Mexicans also make great warriors and peacemakers. Ask their fellow prison guards, their fellow officers, their fellow troops. I am beginning to think (being in AZ), that the Mexicans make the best Americans. Even when I lived in Baltimore, it was only the Mexicans who stood up to the Bloods, we hid our faces. They are proud people.

Posted by: NiceJewishBoy | August 08, 2008 at 06:23 PM

Mr. Vizcarra:
Mexico has done everything it can to create
al Mexican Nation within our borders through
illegal immigration! Legal immigrants are welcome
to become U.S. citizens and hold their loyalty
to the USA but we all know now that you think
you can game and abuse the 14th amendment,
collaborate with criminal employers and cry a
river of crocodile tears that we need your
uneducated workers so that Mexico( a failed country)
can have a safety valve. The real heroes are the
mestizos marching in Chiapas not the illegals
waving Mexican flags in L.A., Chicago and Phoenix!

Posted by: OneifbyLand | August 08, 2008 at 07:23 PM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"This is not my country," she said, adding that she came to America looking for work five years ago. She said she has no opinion about the recent events in the county.

And that is exactly why we need to separate those who wish to become Americans, and those who come for a paycheck and benefits.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Concise and applicable updates,.....these folks do nice articulate corespondence,

Hats off to them,

Jeez, Culiacan's sure no picnic these days,.....

Link: http://m3report.wordpress.com/2008/...ves-stiffening-penalties-for-kidnappers/

M3 Report
Reports derived and translated directly from Mexican and Central American News Sources
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
� Mexico�s insecurity costing the country upwards of $120 billion a year, equating to 15% of Gross Domestic ProductPresident Calderon asks Mexican Congress to approve initiatives stiffening penalties for kidnappers
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FORMER BORDER PATROL OFFICERS
Visit our website: http://www.nafbpo.org
Foreign News Report

The National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) extracts and condenses the material that follows from Mexican and Central and South American on-line media sources on a daily basis. You are free to disseminate

� Mexico�s insecurity costing the country upwards of $120 billion a year, equating to 15% of Gross Domestic ProductPresident Calderon asks Mexican Congress to approve initiatives stiffening penalties for kidnappers
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FORMER BORDER PATROL OFFICERS
Visit our website: http://www.nafbpo.org
Foreign News Report

The National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) extracts and condenses the material that follows from Mexican and Central and South American on-line media sources on a daily basis. You are free to disseminate this information, but we request that you credit NAFBPO as being the provider.

El Diario de Yucatan (Merida, Yucatan) , El Porvenir (Monterrey, Nuevo Leon) 8/8/08

- In an open letter to �public opinion� the president of the Mexican Assoc. of Professional Real Estate Agents asked that bad law enforcement agents who are �pernicious and noxious� be punished with severity. He backed a recently proposed plan by the Distrito Federal�s Public Security Department to create a nationwide database that would show relevant information on all police officers fired for cause so as to prevent their being re-hired by another police department elsewhere in Mexico.
- In a message to the nation from Veracruz, Pres. Calderon voiced the urgent need to stop the impunity which allows organized crime to operate and asked Congress to approve several initiatives including stiffening penalties for kidnappers and providing for life sentences. He said that the recent kidnapping and murder of Fernando Marti, in which police officers appear to have participated �manifests the urgency of bringing to a halt the impunity with which the criminal organizations operate.� He reiterated his commitment to keep working to restore the country�s tranquility, though he acknowledged that it will take some time because insecurity �is a cancer that has taken root, but together we�ll overcome adversity and we will overcome crime.�
Thousands of persons daily suffer crimes which go unpunished and society demands that the authorities �do the work which we haven�t yet done� �There is no bigger grievance for society than an unpunished crime and it�s even more indignant when the kidnappers are police or are protected by police.�

Milenio (Mexico City) 8/8/08

(The first two paragraphs of an op/column by Roman Revuelas titled �To live in hell� follow):
We Mexicans try to live in a country like all the others, but every once in a while we are obligated to open our eyes to face the disquieting reality of horror. There cannot possibly be a safe haven for anyone when a 14 year old boy is kidnapped by a mob of policemen and then assassinated.
What world do we live in? In a bloody and threatening jungle. Normality does not exist. It is unable to exist. The certainty which can be obtained from everyday activities is quite meager: when you leave home you don�t know if you are going to return; if you start a road trip you don�t know if you�ll reach your destination safely; just running a business means that you are on a blacklist, and the worst is that nobody escapes, neither the women or the children.
���-

���

(Note: while the U.S. media yesterday publicized the death of 9 illegal aliens and the injury to some ten others from a vehicle accident near Florence, AZ , nothing was known of the following two nearly parallel events):

- �At least 26 Mexican �migrants�, four of them women, were detained by municipal police in the vicinity of El Centinela Hill when a people trafficker was attempting to cross them to the United States border.�
�The presumed �pollero�, identified as Alejandro Quintero Gonzalez, was driving a van through a desert area by the above mentioned hill almost at the point of pump # 0 of the Rio Colorado-Tijuana aqueduct, in the Calexico, California, border area. The migrants, from Puebla, Michoacan and Jalisco, were thus rescued from the temperatures above 45 degrees,� (From �El Porvenir�, Monterrey, N.L., 9/7/0
- In Chiapas, state police attempted to stop a speeding p/u truck. Instead, it speeded up but was eventually stopped: two Guatemalan smugglers were transporting twelve other Guatemalans, all illegally in Mexico. The two �revealed� that they were taking their fellow countrymen to Jiquipilas, where two other �polleros� would continue the trip to the north of the country. (From �Cuarto Poder�, Tuxtla, Chiapas, 8/8/0
���

El Diario de Coahuila (Saltillo, Coah.) 8/8/08

The freight train pulled into the yard at the Chicalote station at San Francisco de los Romo, state of Aguascalientes, and then federal agents found 19 Hondurans, 2 Guatemalans and 2 Salvadorans, all heading to the United States. They were held �at the disposal of the INM� (Mex. Immigr.) to be repatriated to their countries of origin. Leonel, a 20 year old Honduran, said that neither he nor his companions would cease in �their search to enter the United States.�
���-

Cambio de Michoacan (Morelia, Mich.) , El Diario (Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua) 8/8/08

In ( or by - reports differ - ) a sewage water canal along the Vista Hermosa to Zamora highway, in Michoacan: the four nude bodies of men in their twenties. All tied, with visible signs of torture and with ropes around their necks. All have been preliminarily identified as federal �Preventive Police� agents. Tag boards left with the cadavers read: �This is to have you keep keep sending more airplanes.� Federal troops arrived in the area recently as part of Joint Operation Michoacan.
���-

El Universal (Mexico City) 8/8/08

- Six men were arrested and a small arsenal was seized by federal agents in Nogales Sonora. The haul : 7 AK47 rifles, a shotgun, 3 revolvers, a 45mm pistol, 32 clips & 1,347 rounds, plus a couple of money counting machines and small amounts of weed.
- A taxi driver�s homicide raised to five the number of victims in Michoacan. To these are added eight victims in Chihuahua, four in Sinaloa, two in Durango and one each in Guanajuato, Mexico & Tabasco. Eight of the total were identified as police officers.
���-

Noroeste (Culiacan, Sinaloa) 8/8/08

The adult son of the founder and head of this newspaper was found dead in the trunk of his own car in Culiacan. His head was in a plastic bag, his hands and feet were tied and his body had blows and cuts.
���-

El Heraldo (Tegucigalpa, Honduras) 8/8/08

1,178 kilos of cocaine were seized in a joint operation by Honduran Navy & anti-drug personnel and the U.S. Coast Guard last Wednesday in the area off Honduras� Mosquito Coast.
���-

Prensa Libre (Guatemala City, Guatemala) 8/8/08

Traveling in four taxis coming from Zanatepec, in the state of Oaxaca: fifteen Guatemalans & two Salvadorans, all illegally in Mexico. Federal police turned them over to the �INM�.
���-

- end of report -

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Enrique

You think we should ship them all back? That will make things worse. Whether people believe it or not. We need illegals just as much as we don't. Face it, wages won't change. Therefore, you still need someone to do the jobs lazy Americans won't do. Not saying anything derogatory here, but many people would rather go on wellfare than take an outside job or start at the bottom. We need immigrants, preferably legal, but we all no breaking the law is funner, so I guess the illegals will do. It is wrong and unfair, but we need someone to do the jobs.

Hey Enrique,

Not saying anything derogatory here, but that's about the dumbest statement I've ever heard on this forum.

You speak like you're an authority on the subject.

What's your basis for claiming "you still need someone to do the jobs lazy Americans won't do"?

What data do you have to support this allegation?

And what the hell does the following statement mean?

"We need immigrants, preferably legal, but we all no breaking the law is funner, so I guess the illegals will do."

Huh?

By the way, are you legal?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
CHIT !,......

.....don't you just hate it when the 12 year old does this?

Emulating the adults he's surrounded by,.....

Link: http://news.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=928473

Man wanted on warrants charged in QC school gun case
August 8th, 2008 @ 5:40pm
by KTAR Newsroom

The man whose gun ended up in the hands of the 12-year-old Queen Creek boy accused of taking it to school is now himself in trouble with the law.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says deputies arrested Fernando Martinez-Cura for the unlawful possession of a firearm.

MCSO says that gun ended up in the hands of his girlfriend's grandson who took it to school.

School officials saw the boy handling the gun in front of other kids.

Martinez-Cura, an illegal immigrant, was booked on the felony weapons charge and two outstanding warrants.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
UHhhhhhh,......OOPS?

Jeez, that Mike Chertof is just HOT,.....SO effective,...with High tech solutions " virtual " fences,....special visas,.....

I just feel SO,.....secure with him at the helm,

musta' been like that on the Titanic, .....what?

GAG,.......Retch,.....

Link: http://www.commonvoice.com/article.asp?colid=8695

Invasion USA: High-Tech Security Visas Sold on Mexican Black Market
Jim Kouri
August 8, 2008

United States immigration and State Department officials fear that their newly developed, high-tech visas are being sold on the Mexican black market.

The US government hoped the newly designed visas would help in curtailing rampant illegal immigration at the Mexican border, but investigators believe many of them are being bought or rented by Mexicans seeking illegal entry into the US.

Well over 11,000 of these Laser Visas, issued to Mexicans for legitimate travel into the United States were reported stolen or "lost" in just two border cities. Government officials claim this is a 15 percent jump from previous figures.

The ATM card-sized documents, which include the legal holder's photograph and scanned fingerprints, were actually developed for use in 1998 hopefully to increase security and standardize documents used by Mexicans to cross the border since so many different types of documentation made the screening process cumbersome and confusing.

"While many may have been legitimately 'lost,' it seems probable that quite a few are either 'stolen' or 'reported stolen' in order to sell them," a U.S. consular official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.

"There appears to be a healthy market for both buying and renting laser visas on the border," she added.

Mexicans call these visa cards "Micas," which allow bearers to cross into the US without other supporting documents. The card also allows them to travel up to 25 miles inside California or Texas and they may remain in the US up to 30 days.

According to figures provided by Reuters, 8,745 of the border crossing cards went astray last year in Ciudad Juarez, south of El Paso, Texas, and 3,095 in Tijuana, opposite San Diego, California. No figures were available for other cities along the 2,000-mile border.

The problem got so bad that the US Embassy in Mexico City revamped its visa policy late last year, but did not inform anyone of the mounting problem. The embassy now replaces "lost" or stolen cards with stickers placed inside passports hope this will curb the illegal market of the laser cards.

The paradox is that in an effort to beef up security at the Mexican border using state-of-the-art technology, the US may have made it even easier to compromise that very security.

Also, the US is getting zero help from the Fox government in Mexico City during the course of investigations. While not speaking "on the record," off the record some US law enforcement people believe elements within the Mexican federal and local governments are assisting in the diversion of legitimate visas.

While US authorities say they possess no concrete evidence that organized Mexican human trafficking rings overseeing the illicit trade are using these cards, many security experts believe there are several organizations trafficking in this document.

But Tijuana police claim most of the stray visas are sold by cash-strapped holders to human traffickers in the gritty industrial city of 2 million people, on a widely used route for Mexican illegal immigrants headed for the Californian border.

Recently, seven illegal aliens from Mexico were arrested for allegedly operating a fraudulent document ring in Chicago's "Little Village" area. The organized crime enterprise generated approximately $2.5 million a year.

Found inside the residence was equipment used for making fake government documents, including: five high-speed computers, printers, ID card printers, scanners, laminating pouches, foil strips with security features, dozens of counterfeit identification cards, and other document-making paraphernalia. The estimated value of the seized items is approximately $10,000; the street value of the software is believed to be about $100,000.

Law enforcement commanders throughout the US believe that there are similar operations being conducted by Mexican organized crime cells. The Castorena crime family, a Mexican organized crime family that has controlled the majority of the fraudulent document manufacturing and sales trade in the US over the past 10 years, is believed to be trafficking in these new high-tech visas. Some even believe they are attempting to duplicate these cards.

Jim Kouri, CPP is currently fifth vice-president of the National Association of Chiefs of Police and he's a staff writer for the New Media Alliance (thenma.org). Kouri also serves as political advisor for Emmy and Golden Globe winning actor Michael Moriarty.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
everybody wants to get this whole debacle solved in the best way possible. we all feel sorry for folks in the overpopulated parts of the world. and poor folks coming here for relief is natural on their part.

but, if that idea was applied worldwide, we'd be completely overrun with refugees, and that is what they are. can you imagine everyone pouring into the US for relief? how sustainable would that be? we're already near or at carrying capacity.

i "wish" the folks in other countries would hold their gov'ts accountable for their economy and living conditions. instead, they pack their bags and culture and bring both to the US. never intending to assimilate, they remain a part of their old culture, but at the expense of US taxpayers.

while i support the Iraq and Afghanistan adventures, we ought to have sufficient firepower on the southern borderline to remove any and all threats to our citizenry from illegals.

maybe deporting all without visas is the way to go, what with the economy affecting everyone's finances, like it is.

folks from other parts of the world might be in a bind, but they need to "shakeup" their own country's gov't, imho, instead of coming here and parasitizing what is left of our economy.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree with you completely and will add to it.The illegals are working for so little that they steal to keep going.Now before anyone jumps on me for that statement understand that I work for a general contractor.We have a lot of tools and equipment on the jobsites.We watch things closely and catch a good bit of it.We have been dealing with it for years(20+).It is a steady on going battle.I dont want to fight about it just understand that it is a daily problem.It does not seem to matter which sub contractor they work for.The common element is that close to 75% of the stealing is done by Illegals,well75% of the ones that get caught are Illegals.They are very bold,I have watched form a distance and seen them take tools from the back of one pick up and carry it to another with the owner not 30 feet away.Like I said we have to watch very closely.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 3 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 358wsm, 10Glocks, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,928
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.