Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I gotta respond to this,........

Once,and only once, in 23 1/2 years of operating in the Great N.W., " North of the Medicine Line" did I have anything ripped off of my welding rig deck. That was a brilliantly new hank of 1/2" Poly rope,.......literally hanging off the side of the rig,....Parked on Banff Ave. ( Alta. Canada).....not your normal jobsite.

Moved to Az,....and worked 14 jobs ( employee) and I dunno how many small contracts first year here...........lost a LOT of tooling before I smartened up.........

Sunsabiotches'll steal anything not ACTIVELY protected,......

.....but than , hey, after all "We" stole Aztlan,.......right?

I don't realy like to have to "Fight" over my property, acquired fair and square like,.....with [bleep] minds, either

Pizz on how they do it at home.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Let me give one example(I have many).The job site is filled with subcontractors.The job is finishing up and we have one of the company guys putting down the tire bumps in the parking lot.We use a large Hilti hammer drill to put holes in the concrete and drive re-bar through the bumps to hold them.The drill stops working so time to see if it got unpluged(happens all the time).He plugs the cord back in and returns to what he was doing except when he gets back the drill is gone.A minute later he is approached be an electrician who was putting neon lights on the building and saw one of the concrete workers take the drill and put it in his car.The fight was on,the illegal did not want to give it back and ranted like a maniac for 15 minutes.This is very common now a days.This is just one example,I have hundreds.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
San FranFreako in doo-doo ( ughhhhh, don't they sorta' go for that kinda' thing out there? )

Link: http://www.kcbs.com/Sanctuary-City-a-Federal-Matter/2756049

Sanctuary City a Federal Matter

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) - Federal investigators are looking into San Francisco's sanctuary policy which sent illegal juvenile offenders back home, or in some cases to Southern California group homes, backed by city funds.
�Very close to it,� says United States Attorney for Northern California Joseph Russoniello when asked if San Francisco is harboring fugitives.

Russoniello's office is looking into whether laws were broken. He says criminal charges are a possibility.

�I wouldn�t want to say at this point who that might be, but there certainly is a statute which is very clear, Title 8, that identifies the different offenses with the harboring context that could be brought,� claims Russoniello.

The city has revised its policy and is now notifying federal authorities when a juvenile is in the country illegally and taken into custody in San Francisco.

Russoniello notes the sanctuary policy has been on record for decades, but the wording has changed over time making it hard to figure out who is responsible.

Public interest in the policy began after documents surfaced that alledged triple homocide assailant, 21-year-old Edwin Ramos, had been previously shielded from prosecution due to protection from San Francisco's sanctuary city policy.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This'll be fun to watch,and brings to mind the situation in N.C. where text messages were propogating all sortsa' rumors about check stop and " Roiling" the local illlegal community.

I say,............LETS ROIL

......go Sherrif Joe!

Link: http://www.kpho.com/news/17145450/detail.html

Arpaio To Launch New Crime Sweep On Wednesday

POSTED: 4:18 pm MST August 9, 2008
UPDATED: 6:58 am MST August 10, 2008

PHOENIX -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said his next crime suppression sweep on Wednesday will be a lot different from all the others.

But he stopped short on Saturday explaining how the latest crackdown will vary from the others. And he didn't announce which community he will target.

"I don't want to publicize it now and get all the politicians involved with all of their friends who are demonstrators," Arpaio said. "They always make it a political thing."

During past crime sweeps, sheriff's deputies typically canvass a chosen area, pulling over any driver breaking the law, even minor infractions. Those who are in the United States illegally are immediately arrested.

A vocal opponent of the tactic is Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon.

"I believe the public would rather have officers going after felons than somebody pushing a cart across the street and didn't stop at the crosswalk," Gordon said.

Gordon said he a finds it bizarre that the sheriff announces his plans in advance.

"A crime suppression raid where you're targeting individuals by announcing you're coming. I don't understand the logic of that," Gordon said.

Arpaio said he publicizes his raids to encourage voluntary compliance.

"Maybe they will leave town, go back to the country they came from, and get out of town because they know the sheriff is coming," Arpaio said. "And that's great. If they leave, isn't that great? "So I want people to know we're doing this."

Since the crime sweeps began, about half of those arrested have been illegal immigrants, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

New numbers from MCSO shows crime in Maricopa County has dropped 10 percent over the past year.

Arpaio said the numbers only pertain to those areas in the county that are unincorporated -- those communities that have no local police department and that are policed by the county.

The sheriff reports that violent crimes, including murder, rape, aggravated assault and armed robbery have declined by 10 percent when compared with the same time frame in 2007.

Arpaio said his deputies have cleared almost 8,000 warrants this year, most of which are felonies.

The sheriff credits his planned crime sweeps as one of the reasons the crime rate has declined. Since the sweeps began, the sheriff has arrested 270 people, half of which are illegal immigrants.

Gordon said he's reluctant to believe Arpaio's numbers.

"I don't think anybody should draw a conclusion on a verbal press release without the actual statistic," Gordon said.

Arpaio shot back. "When you look at the jail I run, 10,000 inmates, 2,000 out of the 10 are illegals, that's 20 percent in my jail," he said. "I have proof."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An illegal would have to be crazy to live and work in this guys jurisdiction. smile

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Phil Gordon is really out of his league matching wits ( trying to anyhoo) with Joe,........and he's gotten to where he scrupulously avoids one on one debate or open forum dialogue with Arpaio.

Gordon's earily similar to that Newsome creep out in san fran sicko.......No?

Kissy huggy feely snugl'ums for the poor cwiminals and the downtrodden,......

It's just nuts,, I tell 'ya.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, .....speaking of Mayors,......here's a Candidate for L.A. race,.........sorely needed IMHO,

this is FUNNY ( in a sick way,.....?)

Link: http://www.americanpatrol.com/MISCNEWS/2006-UP/MOORE-WALTER/080810-GameShow.html

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My Oh My,......this is a real "Firebrand" kind of approach,....from a recent new site,.....Phew, ....I need a cold one after readin' this.

Good on Indianna ,......they're fed up too.

Link: http://www.borderfirereport.net/oliver-w.-hagley/there-will-be-blood.html

There Will Be Blood
Oliver Hagley
August 10, 2008 - Please understand that I do not advocate violence or shedding of blood n the United States, nor do I wish for that sort of disaster to strike our republic. Our history is that of a nation which operates in the accordance with the rule of law; we have always settled our domestic differences through the ballot box, rather than with bullets.

For 232 years that approach has worked fairly well. I hope that it works for another 232 years.

However, in recent years, elected officials have decided that once they have secured power, the need to listen to the will of the people is no longer urgent. This arrogant, nonchalant disregard for American citizens is hardly more obvious than when it comes to the issue of illegal aliens.
Because elected officials from both major parties have refused to enforce US borders and immigration laws, perhaps as many as 40 million illiterate, non-English speaking peasants have invaded our land.

This invasion wreaks havoc on homeland security, the economy, education, and American language and culture.

The American people have repeatedly informed our leaders that we want an immediate end to and reversal of illegal immigration. We want the federal government to secure the borders and deport the illegal aliens from our midst, as soon as possible.

Despite the wishes of we the people, both presidential candidates from the major parties favor amnesty for invading criminals.

Amnesty would be a slap in the face to hundreds of millions of Americans citizens, and to the millions of foreigners who wait their turn in line for a chance at the American Dream.

Amnesty says to the world that rule of law means nothing in America.

Amnesty says to the world that there is no longer a sovereign state known as the United States.

Amnesty would be the final step in destroying American language and culture and sending this once great nation down the path to third-world misery.

Amnesty tells American voters to go to hell while welcoming illegal invaders warmly.

With both major parties siding with illegal aliens and against American citizens, amnesty seems increasingly likely to become reality in early 2009.

That will be a genuine tragedy, because millions of patriotic Americans simply will not lie down and die while America is methodically destroyed by politicians looking for cheap labor or cheap votes.

America fought a great and tragic civil war to end slavery. The nation appears to be on the verge of another civil war, this time to free the American people from the bondage of illegal aliens.

When amnesty becomes law, it is almost certain that there will be blood.

Sad, but true.

Oliver W. Hagley is a former nuclear material accountancy expert who lives in Elizabeth, Indiana.
Oliver W. Hagley Archives

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Is it cuz' Maryland's so close to D.C. ?

this is nuts,......

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
U.S. Enemy Joins Forces with Globalists, Local Government

American Patrol Report -- Tucson -- August 11
"By Chavez's hand, Venezuela has become a treacherous haven for terrorist groups to plot destruction against the West and her allies." (Human Events 9/27/07)

Casa de Maryland, an open-borders anti-American organization, that is funded in part by the Ford Foundation the same people who brought us MALDEF and the National Council of la Raza, and supported by Montgomery County Maryland, has now received the financial backing of Citgo, an arm of Hugo Chavez, president of Venezuela (see Hugo Chavez, Enemy in America�s Backyard).
Casa de Maryland is a strong advocate of amnesty for illegal aliens and fights attempts to enforce immigration laws.
"The Ford Foundation and a Maryland county now find themselves in collusion with an enemy of the United States," said Glenn Spencer of the American Patrol Report. "This should not be surprising since the Ford Foundation has been doing that for more than thirty years, but for local elected officials to be part of this crowd is very disturbing. " Spencer said the American people "should be afraid, be very afraid."

IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Phil Gordon is really out of his league matching wits ( trying to anyhoo) with Joe,........and he's gotten to where he scrupulously avoids one on one debate or open forum dialogue with Arpaio.

Gordon's earily similar to that Newsome creep out in san fran sicko.......No?

Kissy huggy feely snugl'ums for the poor cwiminals and the downtrodden,......

It's just nuts,, I tell 'ya.

GTC

I'm hoping Gordon gets recalled.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We need BCB on this case,....pronto, ....in Toronto, ...like.

""We have to feel safe in Montreal."

WTF, over?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i4ffFONRmWjkHndkWW8dMZR7YC9gD92G9DJ80

Fatal shooting by police sparks Montreal riot
By JANIE GOSSELIN � 9 hours ago

MONTREAL (AP) � Montreal's mayor on Monday promised a swift inquiry into the shooting death of a Honduran teenager by police after the incident prompted violent clashes between angry youth and authorities in a heavily Haitian neighborhood.

A police officer was shot in the leg late Sunday, cars were set ablaze, stores were looted and firefighters were pelted with beer bottles in Montreal North, a multiethnic area referred to by local police as the Bronx of Montreal for its poverty and crime.

Several hundred officers in riot gear fanned out in the area, searching for a group of youths suspected of torching eight cars parked outside a fire station. Six people were arrested.

The violence erupted after a peaceful protest against the Saturday shooting by police of three unarmed people, including an 18-year-old man, identified by his sister as Freddy Alberto Villanueva, an immigrant from Honduras who died of his wounds.

Jean-Ernest Pierre, a lawyer and owner of a Montreal radio station popular with the city's ethnic minorities, said his station was beset with angry calls from people concerned about police treatment of minorities.

Some policemen are not well equipped to face what Pierre called the new Quebec, a multiethnic society, he said, adding that many minorities feel targeted because of the color of their skin.

"People don't trust the police," Pierre said.

He also said there's a gang problem in Montreal North, where poverty makes many young people vulnerable to recruitment.

About 25 percent of the residents of Montreal North are immigrants. Almost 15 percent are black and 3.5 percent are Latino, according to census data.

On Sunday, men and women of all ages crawled through the smashed windows of a pawn shop, a convenience store and a butcher shop, grabbing anything they could. They could be seen running down the street clutching TVs, cigarette cartons and slabs of meat.

Montreal police spokesman Ian Lafreniere said one police officer was hospitalized after being shot in the leg.

An ambulance technician was hit in the head by a bottle and a second police officer suffered minor injuries, he said. Both were released from hospital after treatment.

Three people were arrested for breaking and entering, one for drug possession and two others for charges still to be determined, he said.

Mayor Gerald Tremblay said he'll meet with community leaders to ensure another riot doesn't happen. "One thing is for sure � we have to do better than what we've been doing," he said.

Tremblay promised a speedy investigation and said they must be up front about what prompted police to open fire on Villanueva and two others on Saturday.

City police have said the officers were trying to make an arrest in Henri Bourassa Park around 7 p.m. when they were surrounded by about 20 youths.

A few individuals allegedly broke away from the group and rushed the officers.

According to police, one officer then opened fire.

The officers were not wounded.

Quebec provincial police have taken over the investigation into the shootings.

Villanueva's sister, Julissa, said the family wants answers.

"We only know what we see in the news, in the newspapers, that's all," she said, weeping as she spoke about her brother, a student who wanted to become a mechanic. Villanueva's family came to Canada from Honduras in 1998.

Community leaders said many youngsters feel disenfranchised and are frustrated by what they see as heavy-handed police tactics.

"What we are seeing are youngsters, a community that is in revolt because they don't like they way they are being treated," said Pierreson Vaval, who leads a youth group.

"They don't like how authorities interact with them."

The melee Sunday night was the second large-scale riot in Montreal in four months.

In April, a downtown celebration after the Montreal Canadiens defeated the Boston Bruins in a National Hockey League playoff game turned violent when people began torching police cars and looting stores. Police arrested 56 people.

Police Chief Yvan Delorme said he's prepared to do whatever it takes to mend ties with the community.

"We're there to listen, to understand what happened (Sunday) night and to avoid these kinds of situations," Delorme said. "We have to feel safe in Montreal."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not at all sure that interupting / interdicting "The Flow of Guns" into Mexico is do-able,.....

and am having horrible deja-vu about back when HBarry McCaffery gave all of our DEA operations to a corrupt Mexican counterpart,.....and it just wrecked a lot of hard work and got many people hurt.

"give Mexican law enforcement officials greater access to the eTrace computer database in the U.S.,......................."

...........I'm not at ALL sure how to feel about that gem,.....
But my gut says bad idea.

Link: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/081208dntexborder.3990c2b5.html

Officials at border security conference call for more U.S.-Mexico cooperation

07:57 AM CDT on Tuesday, August 12, 2008
By DAVID McLEMORE / The Dallas Morning News
dmclemoredallasnews.com

EL PASO � Top U.S. law enforcement officials praised Mexico�s anti-drug efforts Monday and urged more binational cooperation as an antidote to the drug-fueled violence along the border.

FBI Director Robert Mueller, addressing the fifth annual border security conference at the University of Texas at El Paso, stressed that crime doesn�t recognize borders. The FBI is concerned with the high level of violence along the border and the drug and human smuggling and gang activity that generates it, he said.

Of particular concern is the violence just across the border in Ciudad Ju�rez, where 700 people have been killed in drug violence this year, Mr. Mueller said. He praised Mexican President Felipe Calder�n for his strong response.

�We have two cartels fighting for control. President Calder�n has taken the fight to them, but serious challenges still exist to border security that must be met with a joint effort,� Mr. Mueller said.

Jos� Riojas, UTEP vice president of strategic initiatives, also said the problem demands a shared response.

�We have to develop a strategy that is best for public safety no matter what side of the border people live on,� he said. �We believe that is best arrived at through a binational effort that provides for both border security while protecting commerce. But Mexico has to part of that conversation.�

Today at the conference, Mr. Riojas will be formally named executive director of the university�s new National Center for Border Security and Immigration.

Manuel Su�rez-Mier, legal attache for the Mexican attorney general, said Mexico has paid a high price for its success against drug cartels.

�We are destroying the crime organizations� structure, and that has spurred more violence � as the drug organizations spread out to kidnapping and extortion to make money,� he said. �What we need is the full commitment of the United States, particularly in helping integrate technology we don�t have access to. �

�We are seeing the benefits of greater cooperation between the United States and Mexico, but the price has been high for us,� Mr. Su�rez-Mier said. �More than 2,500 people have been killed in the drug wars, and people want immediate results.�

Michael Sullivan, director of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, praised Mexico�s efforts.

�We have asked Mexico to assist in stopping the flow of drugs across our borders, and they have done so extraordinarily well � and at great cost to civilians and law enforcement officers targeted for execution and assassinations by the drug cartels,� Mr. Sullivan said. �What Mexico asks us to do is something similar, to halt the flow of guns into Mexico.�

ATF data shows that 90 to 95 percent of the guns used to drug violence in Mexico enter illegally from the United States, adding significantly to the rising tide of violence.

U.S. and Mexican law enforcement agencies recently unveiled a joint effort, called Armas Cruzadas (Crossed Arms) to disrupt cross-border weapons smuggling through the sharing of databases and better monitoring of illicit sales at gun shops and gun shows.

The new measures will also give Mexican law enforcement officials greater access to the eTrace computer database in the U.S., allowing them to use the serial numbers to trace weapons used in Mexican crimes to U.S. gun dealers.

Mr. Mueller noted that the FBI is engaged in 146 separate task force investigations, 12 of them in Texas, aimed at drug smuggling groups and gang activity.

And the agency is engaged with Mexican police in a binational anti-kidnapping task force. Asked how U.S. agents know they can trust Mexican law enforcement officers, Mr. Mueller stressed that drug corruption does not just affect Mexico.

�Mexico struggles to build up its rule of law. President Calder�n has led the way in this attack on public corruption,� he said. �We carefully vet the agencies we share information with. We work only with those we can trust.�

The border conference continues Tuesday with an address by Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Ralph Basham and a panel discussion on balancing the needs of security and trade at the border.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I dunno about a recall on Gavin Newsome,......I think he should be charged with something pretty doggone serious,.....what the hell has been going on out there, anyway?

From Judicial Watch,.....

Link: http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/judicial-watch-uncovers-triple-murder-suspect/story.aspx?guid=%7B01AD6499-29EA-40A5-B7FF-734EC8A3E05A%7D&dist=hppr

Judicial Watch Uncovers Triple-Murder Suspect Edwin Ramos's San Francisco Police Records Revealing "MS-13" Criminal Street Gang Activity
Illegal Alien Ramos Indicted for Slaying Bologna Family Father & 2 Sons

Last update: 4:40 a.m. EDT Aug. 12, 2008
WASHINGTON, DC, Aug 12, 2008 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- Judicial Watch, the public interest organization that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) records concerning the arrest of illegal alien murder suspect Edwin Ramos. Ramos is currently charged with the June 22, 2008, triple murder of Tony Bologna and his sons Michael and Matthew in San Francisco's Excelsior District.
The SFPD records, obtained by Judicial Watch pursuant to the provisions of the California Public Records Act, identify Ramos, "based on... numerous documented contacts" as being an active member of the MS-13 street gang. The records, which document that he is not a U.S. citizen, also show Ramos's previous March 30, 2008, arrest related to weapons and gang charges. San Francisco prosecutors declined to charge Ramos. He was released on April 2, 2008.
Because the Bologna family slayings (SFPD Incident Report No.: 080652433) is still considered an open investigation, Ramos's records related to that crime were not produced to Judicial Watch. Likewise, Ramos's juvenile criminal record remains sealed, although reports in the San Francisco Chronicle revealed that Ramos is an illegal alien who was found to have committed two (2) felonies at the age of 17 -- a gang-related assault and an attempted robbery of a pregnant woman.
Despite his violent criminal behavior Ramos, a Salvadoran native, was not turned over by San Francisco juvenile justice officials to federal immigration authorities. San Francisco law prohibits local officials from cooperating with federal officials in deporting illegal aliens.
"San Francisco's 'don't ask, don't tell' sanctuary policies protect illegal alien gang bangers and put American citizens at risk," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "Sanctuary policies for illegal aliens must end. It is a matter of life and death."
In addition to its investigation of the Ramos incident, Judicial Watch has an ongoing taxpayer lawsuit against San Francisco related to its status as an illegal alien sanctuary city (Fonseca v. Fong, Case No. A120206). The lawsuit is currently on appeal. Judicial Watch also recently launched a brand new Internet site dedicated to fighting illegal alien sanctuary policies across the United States, www.sanctuarybusters.org.
Copies of the SFPD records obtained by Judicial Watch can be found on Judicial Watch's Internet site, www.judicialwatch.org.
Jill Farrell
Judicial Watch
202-646-5188

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Face it, wages won't change. Therefore, you still need someone to do the jobs lazy Americans won't do.

Just thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.

I live close to the Border in one of the fastest-growing areas of the US. Flat amazing to walk into a convenience store around here in the morning and note the contrast.

On the one hand you have us soft-handed, effete Americans (White, Black AND Brown around this neck of the woods), most of us overweight, hopping out of our SUV's...

And then you have the sunburned, skinny, calloused crews all speaking Spanish piling out of construction vehicles and old pickup trucks....

Just got done with a 12,000 mile summer of road trips, everywhere from Arizona to New York to New Mexico to South Carolina. Seen Mexican laborers EVERYWHERE.

A common sentiment among illegals and the grown children of same around here is "we BUILT this country". Now most folks here are old enough and have been around enough to have the perspective to know that ain't true, but based just upon recent evidence it becomes hard to argue.

Despite the scum minority in their midst, most of these folks is good people, as anyone who has worked around them will attest.

Jobs Americans wont do? Heck my father worked construction his WHOLE LIFE, I got kin up Northeast STILL making a living that way. 'Spect it would be hard to in Texas though, given the cheap illegal labor pool here.

Fact is though, until we start going after the AMERICANS who hire illegals, and going after 'em hard, we're all just peeing in the wind here.

Birdwatcher

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 08/12/08.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
With the liberal appeasment mentality that seems to be so popular now. I guess US history since 1849 can be forgotten. Since Mexico seems to think that the US from the Red River and the Gila River south, still belongs to Mexico, along with California. I guess things like the War with Mexico, and the Gasden purchase can just be forgotten about. Heck the can have Cali back LA and San Fransisco any how. But I am sort of attached to most of the southwest like Az and Texas and New Mexico. But the propaganda is that the US stole all of northern Mexico. I am waiting for tha suit Mexico tries to bring in the World court attesting to that. FWIW the Gadsden Purchase in the 1880's bought the land south of the Gila River to the presant border. Legend has it that the survey group ran out of booze after leaving Nogales and cut north to Yuma that is why the southern border of AZ has that jog to it. And I would think every one knows about the war of Texas Independance, and how the Republic of Texas became a State a few years later, or the US war with Mexico in 1848-49, where the US forces captured Mexican soil clear up to Mexico City. The US Marines Corps mentions it the line " From the Halls of Montezuma"
Every time Mexican troops invade US soil it is a violation of international law, in times past it would have been considered an act of war. Hell it still is in most of the world.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This fellow's an interesting read,.....I've never been bored with his work,.....it can be different and DEEP, sometimes.

Link: http://www.vdare.com/collins/080811_culture.htm

It's The Culture, Stupid!!!
By Donald A. Collins

My wife and I just spent a marvelous week cruising on the Adriatic with ports of call all along Croatia. Our motor yacht, Le Monet, a jaunty Croatian-registered ship, picked us up in Venice and took us to many of the main points of interest along that lovely, island-studded coastline, including Pulu, Split, Hvar, Zadir, and Dubrovnik

No, relax, this is not a travelogue piece. Constantly, we passengers, about 50 grads of Oberlin, William and Mary, Case Western and a few interlopers from other universities, heard stories from our Croatian guides and crew members about the 1991-2 Yugoslav Civil War. We were horrified and yet fascinated. These handsome, tall, well-educated Croatians admitted that they look just like Serbs. You can't tell one from another, said one guide in Zadir�who had returned from school in Arkansas just in time to watch the bombs fall in her neighborhood, killing neighbors and friends. Some of the evacuated Serbian population had lived before the war for years in peace next door to her family's home.

I asked one guide in Dubrovnik why that historic walled city�not the new one that surrounds it�was badly shelled during the war. Her response: "Because if the Serbs couldn't have it, they didn't want us to have it."

Then she amplified: "You see the thinking is often like this. If you could make your neighbor blind, you would be willing to have one of your own eyes put out."

To paraphrase an earlier US presidential campaign phrase, "It's the culture, stupid."

Look at the same effect in Ireland. I�ve been to Ireland, both North and South, many times. I certainly can't tell an Ulster Protestant from an Irish Catholic. But even now, as the violence diminished, the place still has its upsets.

A more recent example of the power of culture to divide and destroy: a New York Times article by Michael Kimmelman, With Flemish Nationalism on the Rise, Belgium Teeters on the Edge (August 4th):

"The other morning Damien Thi�ry was in the meeting room of the town hall here, where every month or so, at public council sessions, Flemish nationalists harass him.

�The population of this bedroom community outside Brussels is 84 percent French-speaking. More than a year ago it picked Mr. Thi�ry, a Linkebeek native, as mayor. But Linkebeek is within the Flemish north, and the region's Flemish government has so far declined to ratify his election.

�Mr. Thi�ry is not Flemish."

So what? Well, Kimmelman continues:

"The German newspaper Die Tageszeitung a few days ago called Belgium the �most successful �failed state� of all time.� The Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme offered to resign last month, saying that the �federal consensus model has reached its limits,� and that he couldn't bring harmony to the country's Flemish and French-speaking regions, raising the specter that this nation of 10.4 million might split up for good."

If this doesn't speak to the situation developing in California and other Southwestern states, I don't know what does. The mayor of LA clearly speaks only for Hispanics. The possibility of whole U.S. sections being subsumed into a non-functional ethnic ghetto is no longer far-fetched. In the context of further quotes from Kimmelman�s New York Times piece, it�s highly discomfiting:

"�We have two separate cultures in Belgium,� said Mr. Thi�ry, a sturdy man wearing shirt sleeves on a warm summer day, clearly exasperated. �It wasn't this divisive when I grew up. Protesters shout, �French people get off our territory� at our meetings. Flemish authorities refuse to give contracts to our French-speaking schoolteachers; they give Flemish children here 179 euros a year for school trips and other expenses, French children, 68 euros. If we want subsidies, we are obliged to stock our library with 75 percent of the books in Flemish, but it's ridiculous to have a Flemish library in a mostly French-speaking town.�

�Should Flanders ever secede, an independent Flemish nation that hoped to regain European Union membership would need to respect popular elections, including his, he added ruefully. �Ironic, no?� he said.

�Els Witte is a Belgian historian. At her apartment, up the street from the headquarters of the European Union in Brussels, she pondered the bad marriage of French-speaking Wallonia and Dutch-speaking Flanders.

" �A language is a culture,� she said. �In Belgium the two cultures know very little about each other because they speak different languages. There are singers known in one part, not in the other. Television is different, newspapers, books.��

�Francophones have now come to talk about �linguistic cleansing.� Flemish, many of them openly resentful of subsidizing poorer French-speaking compatriots, who for years lorded it over them economically and otherwise (unemployment today is three times higher in rust-belt Wallonia), say the issue is preserving national heritage."

Let�s briefly recall that historic speech former Colorado Governor, Richard Lamm gave to a DC group of immigration reform writers in October, 2003 entitled "How to destroy America". The following is a part of my account of that speech (which I heard in person) as written up by Frosty Wooldridge:

�Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'"

" �Here is how they do it�" Lamm said:

" �Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bi-cultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.

" �The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: �The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.� Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans.�

�Lamm went on:

" �Invent �multi-culturalism� and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

" �We could make the United States an �Hispanic Quebec� without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: �The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multi-cultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated, however ethnocentrically, what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'"

�Lamm said, �I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural sub-groups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.��

Belgium, Quebec, and the late Yugoslavia, are in that position because of history. America wasn�t�until the Immigration Act of 1965).

We must not let it happen here.

Donald A. Collins [email him], is a freelance writer living in Washington DC and a board member of FAIR, the Federation for American Immigration Reform. His views are his own.

The

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Who'll protect US against invasion?

This piece is one of the best synopsis I've seen,.......the writer just relaxed and comfortable with good sense.

Looking foward to reading her book , "The Tyrany of Judges, and how to stop it"

she sure nails the border plumb center,......

Link: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28000

Who Will Protect Us Against Invasion?

President George W. Bush, in China attending the Olympic Games, responded promptly to Russia's invasion of Georgia with the caveat that "territorial integrity must be respected." We're still waiting to hear the Bush administration's response to this month's invasion of Arizona's territorial integrity by the Mexican military.

More than 40 times this year, the Mexican military has crossed the U.S.-Mexico border. The Mexicans even held a U.S. border guard at gunpoint.

How long are we going to put up with Mexican impudence and federal neglect of duty? One of the most emphatic duties set forth in the U.S. Constitution is that the federal government "shall protect each of them (every State) against invasion."

Some pretend there is a "misunderstanding" about exactly where the border is. But border guards say there is a barbed-wire fence at the point where the Mexican military entered the United States.

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., immediately pointed out that if the Bush administration had built the double fence Congress had ordered, the Mexican vehicles would not have been able to invade U.S. territory. The open-borders crowd claims that a fence is useless because people can easily climb it, but a Mexican army truck can't do that.

Nor can Mexican vans loaded with illegal drugs climb a fence. All the talk we hear about our "war on drugs" is totally hypocritical so long as no fence is built to keep out the drug-laden trucks.

It's not just Mexican military vehicles that are invading our space. Again this month we read about an SUV packed with illegal immigrants that evaded detection by our Border Patrol and then rolled over on a highway southeast of Phoenix, killing nine people and injuring the other 10 on board.

They were crammed into two bucket seats in front and three seats in the back of a speeding Chevrolet Suburban. A border patrol spokesman commented, "The smuggler doesn't care if their cargo lives or dies" because he's already been paid.

But we care about the law, about highway safety, and about the cost. Ten people with critical injuries, who had no right to be here, are now being treated in Arizona hospitals at U.S. taxpayer expense.

These latest Mexican invasions come on the heels of further depressing news about the mistreatment of border guards Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean.

When federal prosecutor Johnny Sutton embarked on his national public relations campaign to defend his prosecution of these border guards for allegedly shooting a professional drug smuggler in the rear end, Sutton's most impassioned argument was that Ramos and Compean obstructed justice by failing to report the incident. But on appeal the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal overturned that part of Ramos and Compean's conviction, even though the court upheld the jury verdict and the 11- and 12-year prison sentences.

It's time to question not only President Bush but also the presidential candidates, Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama. Will you pardon these two border guards who most Americans and 75 members of Congress believe are the targets of unfair prosecution under a law never intended to be used against border guards, an unfair trial in which the Bush-appointed judge withheld from the jury damaging information about drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, who was the key witness against the defendants, unfairly long sentences (years longer than the same judge gave the professional drug smuggler whom Ramos and Compean intercepted), and unfair prison treatment in which they were beaten by illegal-immigrant prisoners?

In another recent flouting of the law, the Bush administration quietly posted a notice late on Aug. 4 that it is extending from one to two years its plan to allow Mexican trucks to enter the United States and have free access to our highways and roads. Only the week before, the House of Representatives Transportation Committee voted to terminate the program.

There are few issues on which Congress has demonstrated its will so emphatically with a bipartisan vote as the matter of Mexican trucks on our roads. Both houses of Congress have voted overwhelmingly against the invasion by Mexican trucks which do not meet U.S. safety standards, driven by Mexican drivers who do not meet U.S. safety and language standards.

On May 15, 2007, the House of Representatives voted 411-3 against the entry of Mexican trucks, followed by a second voice vote on July 24. The Senate voted likewise, 75-23, Sept. 11, and this law was signed by President Bush on December 26, 2007.

When will the Bush administration stand up for the territorial integrity of the United States against foreign military vehicles, vans with illegal immigrants, truckloads of illegal drugs driven by professional drug dealers, and unsafe trucks and drivers that don't meet U.S. standards?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mrs. Schlafly is the author of the new book The Supremacists: The Tyranny of Judges and How to Stop It (Spence Publishing Co).

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not likely to happen with Bush, McCain or Obama. Just face the reality, they know something WE don't. It is for our own good.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Having lived in S.E. Cochise County for well over 10 years now,.....I've gotten a mite shy of investigating big buzzard gatherings. Some of these remains lay out there for years, literally. Lord only knows how many are scattered by Coyote and Bear. That's a cheery thought,.......a population of Black Bear becomes accustomed to feeding on Human remains ?

Remains of third person found
Man also believed to be an illegal immigrant
By Julie Ann Marra
Herald/Review

Published on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SIERRA VISTA � For the third time in four days, the corpse of a suspected illegal immigrant has been found in Cochise County.

The Cochise County Sheriff�s Office was told of a man�s body being found near South Coronado Memorial Road at about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Advertisement

The U.S. Border Patrol said it had units in the area when the body was located, which was 4 1/2 miles from Highway 92, approximately 4,000 feet north of the border, said Sheriff�s Office spokeswoman Carol Capas.

The man was wearing blue jeans, white tennis shoes and a blue shirt. Capas said an age could not be determined because of the advanced state of decomposition. The man had no identification on him, and there were no signs of foul play.

Cochise County Search and Rescue responded to the area after daylight to transport the body safely to the Cochise County Medical Examiner�s Officer for an autopsy to determine the date and cause of death.

Oscar de la Torre, the Mexican consul in Douglas, said his office is cooperating with Cochise County authorities to establish the identities of the dead people.

�We don�t know yet who they are, or what their names are, or anything like that, but we are working to find out,� he said Tuesday.

The Mexican Consulate will assist in the identification process and notify any next of kin, if possible.

Two bodies were found over the weekend in different rural areas, and both also were taken to the Cochise County Medical Examiner�s Office.

Foul play is not suspected in either case, according to the Sheriff�s Office.

At around 8 p.m. Saturday, the Sheriff�s Office was advised that U.S. Border Patrol agents had found the remains of a human in the hills east of the Gold Gulch area between Bisbee and Douglas.

The person had been dead for some time, and authorities believed it was a woman.

Two Border Patrol agents had been tracking a group of illegal immigrants when they came upon the body in a remote area north of a road.

At approximately 1:30 p.m. Sunday, the Sheriff�s Office was told of a dead body found by two hikers at mile post 3.9 on High Lonesome Road near Bisbee.

The body was in the beginning stages of decomposition, and deputies determined it was a man.

The remains of at least four illegal immigrants have been found in Cochise County this summer.

HERALD/REVIEW reporter Julie Ann Marra can be reached at 515-4680 or by e-mail at julieann.marrasvherald.com. Herald/Review reporter Jonathon Shacat contributed to this report.

Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.