Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
THIS IS MY HOME,......

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...owflat/Number/2389949/page/3#Post2389949

all pictured grown here, Cop says "Move Away".

I really have to wonder about this "Anti LEO" horseshit

I mean ....."Move Away"....?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by hunter1960
"I live in a state and work in an area that probably produced more Meth. at one time, then anywhere in the SE.

It's all but dried up, regarding local cooking. It's easier to buy Mex. Meth. it's just as plentiful and without the hassles of getting the ingredients and the taking a hit for cooking versus possession.

As far a killing tweekers, they kill themselves anyway, after awhile of smoking, snorting, or injecting the stuff."

AN Indeterminate answer, right up the middle of the PC road,

Well that's pretty much what I figured,.....

.........You "Officers" of the "Law" can't really do a damn thing to get a handle on this.

So quit pontificating,...and let the M word an V word folks with some goddam spine deal with it.............

" Hey Man, .....I'm just doin' my job, ....yadda,....blah,...."

No,...by your own admission, you are NOT.

GTC

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Who's the M & V people? As far as LE we just can't up and shoot someone cause their there. You know, this border thing has your BP elevated. Have you ever thought of moving away so you don't have to see it and deal with it, or are you restricted by some manner, to have to stay there.

The Motor and Vehicular collectors,....certainly nothing else,......what on earth else could you think I spoke of ....."M & V"

In all honesty,.....My BP is looking pretty cool,....and a sensible diet ( Life is Good Post) of food GROWN here, on MY land, suits me.....in short,....no, I don't feel like leaving, and ain't planning that.

Your "Move away so's you don't have to see it" proposal just further solidifies my thesis that you just go in and collect wages,.....and try to survive.

I respect that, and PRAY for all of you daily,... that have to strap on one of those filthy Cop Cars,....and go out and do what you do....

I DON"T have to do that,....and I damn sure don't have to accept this current debacle as "Just the way things are"

I would suggest in all honesty that those who cynically espouse that approach are part of the problem,....and dangerously close to being identified as co-conspirators,.....

This ain't Mexico,....and you damn sure ain't my Doctor, Hunter.

GTC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My point is that everyday you bitch about the border, i figured if someone bitches about something day in and day out, they don't like it. That's why i suggested moving away.

Oh by the way, i can grow greenbeans and peppers here too.

What is it that you think that LE should do? Do you think that individual officers should start shooting Mexicans on sight throughout the US?

That'll go along way to solve the problem, when all the cops are locked up in prison serving murder sentences.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I think that it is EMPHATICALLY NOT my place to "Think" or in any other way indicate what "LE" should do.

My job is to Farm, Ranch and look after kids and Old Folk,.....

and in all honesty I'm sorry to scrape bone here,......but it's very un-deniable that you've acknowledged the failure of your chosen career / Career group,....whatever.

All's I'm getting at is PONTIFICATION,....about the way "Things Are" can be at times percieved as defeatist blather,....horse pucky,......childish "play by rules"........

.....surely you're not suggesting that the American Patriot, Veteran, ....or just plain Joe,.......has to accept MS 13 as "Part of every day life" ?

, as "Status Quo",..........if so,....we will forever differ.

I'm for a short nap, ....after a great productive day,......

Good soft rain happening,.......very green desert,....

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/26/08.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think that it is EMPHATICALLY NOT my place to "Think" or in any other way indicate what "LE" should do.

My job is to Farm, Ranch and look after kids and Old Folk,.....

and in all honesty I'm sorry to scrape bone here,......but it's very un-deniable that you've acknowledged the failure of your chosen career / Career group,....whatever.

All's I'm getting at is PONTIFICATION,....about the way "Things Are" can be at times percieved as defeatist blather,....horse pucky,......childish "play by rules"........

.....surely you're not suggesting that the American Patriot, Veteran, ....or just plain Joe,.......has to accept MS 13 as "Part of every day life" ?

, as "Status Quo",..........if so,....we will forever differ.

I'm for a short nap, ....after a great productive day,......

Good soft rain happening,.......very green desert,....

GTC

I am just stating fact, we in LE do what we can do, and that's about it. We're not some magic organization that can stop every criminal activity in the US, from illegal aliens to dope smugglers, to gangbangers. It's like hunting and fishing, some days you do well, somedays you get skunked.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
" ............. We're not some magic organization that can stop every criminal activity in the US, from illegal aliens to dope smugglers........................."

Bingo,...that's what I wanted to hear,......

So QUIT lecturing about the way it is,.........Dig?

Ya'll need a little help,

....it's happening, as much as ya'll dis-like accepting it.

M& V,......

GTC

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hunter, he just just putting up the facts that we are being invaded, and I am in the same camp as he is on this. Move, that ain't an option, WTF should he have to move because the law ain't being enforced. Don't be surprised when the ranchers start practicing the 3 S's alot more. Nice thing about tresspassing laws down there, they can enforce them as citizens of the state. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My point is that everyday you bitch about the border, i figured if someone bitches about something day in and day out, they don't like it. That's why i suggested moving away.

Oh by the way, i can grow greenbeans and peppers here too.

What is it that you think that LE should do? Do you think that individual officers should start shooting Mexicans on sight throughout the US?

That'll go along way to solve the problem, when all the cops are locked up in prison serving murder sentences

Well actually I have been at greg's place, where he grows those chille's. No, there is no MOVE AWAY, it's a nice place. My family has been in arizona since the 1800's, and there is no MOVE AWAY. I, like others, including some of the posters on this thread, have personal lives and family interwoven with mexico. What sometimes people don't get, it isn't the mexican people that aggravates us, it's the U.S. and Mexican government policies that allow and condone an impossible situation where people on both sides of the border are being harmed. If anybody doesn't think it's a war zone, try camping along the border for a few days, and see if you have a story to tell if you come back.
Life is cheap in mexico, and that translates into problems in arizona. Most of the violence by the way, is mexican on mexican.
Such as the three people that were capped in the head by coyotes a year or so ago, near where I intend on dove hunting in a few weeks. It is just so odd to plan on camping out near a water hole in the desert, to pop a few dove, and have to worry about perimeter guards. As to that area around sierra vista, it is one of my favorite places in arizona, and I only wish that I had the money to get a little place down there. As to the law enforcement agencies along the border, a couple of years ago I was talking to a 27 year veteran of the F.B.I. His comment to my face was his opinion that about 60% or higher of the border law enforcement agencies were dirty. Drug money buys alot

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Violator22
Hunter, he just just putting up the facts that we are being invaded, and I am in the same camp as he is on this. Move, that ain't an option, WTF should he have to move because the law ain't being enforced. Don't be surprised when the ranchers start practicing the 3 S's alot more. Nice thing about tresspassing laws down there, they can enforce them as citizens of the state. Les

You don't think i see it daily? I've seen it for the last ten years the people, the drugs, all coming out of Mex.

I am very well aware of the issues on the border. As i've stated before, i've been to El Paso, where i have a friend who's a supervisory BP agent. I've been given a tour of the EL Paso BP enforcement region, at the same level as the agents.

I've seen what's happening there. It's been years since i've been to the S. AZ region, but i understand their plight.

Hell, i worked at one time in a county, that the illegals were probably 20% of the population due to the employment given by the nursery owners. It was status quo, they weren't picked up or raided by INS, because it was a "Yellow Dog" Democratic county.

The old Dem's owned the nurseries and had the big money, the illegals were basically hands off to LE, and they were owned by the nurserymen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Violator22

What do you not think that the Mex. organized crime gangs, aren't armed and won't shoot either? The arming of those involved will not be a onesided issue. The number of ranchers, landowners who's land back up to the border are probably quite small in number compaired to the number of Mexicans, who are crossing into the country.

Good luck, on trying to eliminate them, we tried the same thing in the SE involving blacks many years ago, it didn't work and this citizen Army against the Mex's. won't either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" ............. We're not some magic organization that can stop every criminal activity in the US, from illegal aliens to dope smugglers........................."

M& V,......

GTC

If the border LE agencies need any help, it won't be coming from a bunch of trigger happy citizens.

IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"If the border LE agencies need any help, it won't be coming from a bunch of trigger happy citizens"

It looks like they need some help as the border isn't secure at all. Where would the help come from?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m
"If the border LE agencies need any help, it won't be coming from a bunch of trigger happy citizens"

It looks like they need some help as the border isn't secure at all. Where would the help come from?

At one point i was hoping the Mil. but the only borders that they're involved in right at the moment is in Iraq & Afghan.

The DOD had at one time put troops on the border, but i don't think it was as planned and organized as it could of been. There were some issues regarding authority and use of force etc.

I was hoping that the Natl. Guard units of the states involved, Ca, Az, Nm, Tx, would be deployed, their more familiar with the area and have more at stake then a regular Mil. unit.

That idea won't work because they're all being deployed to Iraq/Afghan. on a regular basis.

At this present time we have to go with what we've got, USBP and others, and hope they do the best job they can.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yes, but it appears that the political powers are not interested in securing the border so military intervention is unlikely other than observation, maybe. The BP seems to have too much to do. The only notable elected official in AZ who seems to be trying to enforce the law is Sheriff Joe Arpaio who regularly is pilloried by the local papers.
So, it's a mess.
And, thanks to crossfireoops, a lot of people here on the Fire are becoming more aware of the problem.
I haven't seen him whining or complaining, just reporting facts.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

M& V,......

GTC

If the border LE agencies need any help, it won't be coming from a bunch of trigger happy citizens.

.............You should quit putting words in people's mouth, Hunter,........FWIW my pards and I have BUILT the ranges that USBP, and Sierra Vista PD, and a chitload of other "Lettered" agencies use,.....24-7................and we've done it as VOLUNTEERS.
We operate that range partnered with Az. Game and Fish.

You seem quite dis-satisfied with the concept of a "Citizen" excercising his rights,.......that or your getting all balled up,....and need to READ what you've written,....prior to hitting submit.

As far as re-adjusting the interminably boring and ineffective status quo goes,.....we have a fairly dynamic candidate for County Sheriff at this time,.....and he candidly and unabashedly ENDORSES the activities and actions of both the Minutemen Project,....AND the American Border Patrol.

check it out:

Link: http://www.billcloudsheriff2008.com/

Trigger happy citizens,....my foot.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m
Yes, but it appears that the political powers are not interested in securing the border so military intervention is unlikely other than observation, maybe. The BP seems to have too much to do. The governor of Arizona made a name for herself by prosecuting an Arizona rancher who detained two illegals trespassing on his ranch when she was a Clinton U.S. Attorney, so there's not much help there. The only notable elected official in AZ who seems to be trying to enforce the law is Sheriff Joe Arpaio who regularly is pilloried by the local papers.
So, it's a mess.
And, thanks to crossfireoops, a lot of people here on the Fire are becoming more aware of the problem.
I haven't seen him whining or complaining, just reporting facts.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I don't have the answers but the answer isn't going to be armed citizens or a malitia. As i've stated before Sheriff Joe, is one man in one county in one state. That's all he is, he's done a good job in that one county, but that's as far as it goes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M& V,......

GTC

.............You should quit putting words in people's mouth, Hunter,........FWIW my pards and I have BUILT the ranges that USBP, and Sierra Vista PD, and a chitload of other "Lettered" agencies use,.....24-7................and we've done it as VOLUNTEERS.
We operate that range partnered with Az. Game and Fish.

You seem quite dis-satisfied with the concept of a "Citizen" excercising his rights,.......that or your getting all balled up,....and need to READ what you've written,....prior to hitting submit.

As far as re-adjusting the interminably boring and ineffective status quo goes,.....we have a fairly dynamic candidate for County Sheriff at this time,.....and he candidly and unabashedly ENDORSES the activities and actions of both the Minutemen Project,....AND the American Border Patrol.

check it out:

Link: http://www.billcloudsheriff2008.com/

Trigger happy citizens,....my foot.

GTC

That's good of you to build those ranges, nice thing to do.

As far as the border being controlled by armed citizens, don't see it happening. I am not saying, that it's wrong if it does come to that, i just don't see it happening.

As far as Bill McCloud, i've read the story you put up on this site. You've got to get him elected first and keep him in office after he's elected. That's not as easy as you think it is, i've dealt with more Sheriff elections, i bet then you ever have, and my experiences are from the inside.

I really don't care what you sand rats do on the border, i'll still help to make the arrests of the folks who bring the drugs into my area from your area. Good luck to you.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ever the bright and cheerful little ray of Sunshine,.....

" I really don't care what you sand rats do on the border,",

............... Than I guess we can count on you taking your defeatist attitude and butting out..........?

You really should, you know.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ever the bright and cheerful little ray of Sunshine,.....

" I really don't care what you sand rats do on the border,",

............... Than I guess we can count on you taking your defeatist attitude and butting out..........?

You really should, you know.

GTC

Defeatest attitude, how many many illegals have you ever arrested?

How many cases involving interdiction on a US interstate have you made, involving illegal narcotics smuggled in from Mexico?

Don't tell me that i am a defeatest, i am just not on your little parade of shooting folks just because their there or any of the other silly concepts.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hunter, .....are you REALLY sure you're not "Gene"....?

I have to wonder,.........

If not , you are acting like a worthy successor

GTC

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"I don't have the answers but the answer isn't going to be armed citizens or a malitia. As i've stated before Sheriff Joe, is one man in one county in one state. That's all he is, he's done a good job in that one county, but that's as far as it goes."

You're right, of course. But he is making a difference locally. Unfortunately Hispanic people who are natives or legals are becoming somewhat fearful of him and his methods.

He is sheriff of a pretty sizeable county at over 9200 square miles.
And there's plenty of crime from illegals in AZ that has to be dealt with.
It seems that stopping the flow would relieve your problems as well as problems in AZ.
The fix, whatever that is, will have to come from Washington and this problem doesn't even seem to be on the radar screen.

Retired cat herder.

Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 17 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.