Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 36 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 35 36
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Hunter, .....are you REALLY sure you're not "Gene"....?

I have to wonder,.........

If not , you are acting like a worthy successor

GTC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Why do you say that, because i don't agree with your idealogy's?

Hell, i am dealing with the illegals and drugs in my part of the world, what are you doing other then pissing and whining about it?

Why don't you go to work for Cochise Co. S.O. or USBP, except your probably too old and broke down to. Complaining about the issues on the border, isn't going to fix a darn thing.

I agree that the issue needs to be corrected but a Sheriff in Phoenix and in Bisbee isn't going to correct the problem overnight from one end of the state of Az. to the other.

Cochise Co. is a large Co. you've got a Mil. installation and many miles of open spaces. You might get a new Sheriff, but don't be surprised if your taxes go up, because the cost of doing business is expensive.

It's going to include an increase in personnel and etc. to pull it off in a legal manner. I can promise you this, that's the last thing that a first term Sheriff wants is a bunch of legal issues, caused internally from within the agency or externally by citizen groups.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
" i am just not on your little parade of shooting folks just because their there or any of the other silly concepts."

.......Shooting Folks,.......I guess, ( hope? ) you are aware that the comment above, and the context in which you identify us comes across as being disparaging,...and rings of contempt ?
Like ,....just what exactly is wrong with being shooting folks ?

" Why don't you go to work for Cochise Co. S.O. or USBP, except your probably too old and broke down to. Complaining about the issues on the border, isn't going to fix a darn thing. "

............and disrespect for one's elders isn't going to improve anyone here's respect or regard for you,.......

That just comes across like a mouthy young PUNK,....No?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
For all the Humans out there,......Rights,

Mississippi heats up, about wicked ICE

Link: http://www.galeo.org/agenda.php?agenda_id=0000000491

Human Rights Alert! USHRN CALLS FOR HALT TO ICE RAIDS IN MISSISSIPPI
Written by USHRN
Posted on 2008-08-26

Human Rights Alert ~ Human Rights Alert ~ Human Rights Alert

ICE raids in Mississippi across in Mississippi result in the imprisonment of hundreds of undocumented workers.

Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance (MIRA) has issued an emergency call for volunteer criminal attorneys to help represent the undocumented workers that now face criminal charges under SB 2988 (for more information please see USHRN release below). If you are a criminal attorney and/or would like more information on the legal team, please contact Patricia Ice at 601 940 6749.

MIRA is also calling for a repeal (see text below) of SB 2988.

You can contact Governor Haley Barbour at:

Telephone 601 359 3100

Fax at 601 359 3741

Email at governorgovernor.state.ms.us,

Below is the USHRN press release that was issued on Monday. For more information on this unfolding crisis, please contact MIRA at (601)968-5182.

For Immediate Release
Contact Information

Monday, August 25, 2008
Janvieve Williams, jwilliamsushrnetwork.org

404 610 2807

Bill Chandler

601 594 3564

US Human Rights Network calls for halt to ICE raids in Mississippi

On Monday August 25, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) conducted a raid at Howard Industries in Laurel, Mississippi that resulted in the arrest of more than 350 undocumented workers. Among the many arrested workers were heads of households and pregnant women. While Catholic Social Services and other community organizations have accounted for more than 150 children of the workers, dozens are still unaccounted for.

This ICE raid is the latest blow to undocumented workers and employers in Mississippi, coming soon after legislative passage of an anti-immigration bill (SB 2988), which mandates that employers conduct verification checks of all employees and subjects undocumented employees as well as employers who do not comply to harsh sanctions. The arrested workers now face not only deportation but the real possibility of criminal prosecution. The new law makes working in the state of Mississippi while undocumented a felony and calls for "imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for not less than one (1) year nor more than five (5) years, a fine of not less than one thousand dollars ($1,000) nor more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000) or both... Anyone charged with the crime of working without papers will not be eligible for bail."

"The raids in Mississippi have a significance that go well beyond the borders of that state," says Ajamu Baraka, Executive Director of the US Human Rights Network. "These raids violate international human rights standards and are designed to evoke fear in migrant communities across the country. Lou Dobbs and the Minutemen should not be setting U.S. immigration policy."

The US Human Rights Network has information that immigration raids might continue in Mississippi until Wednesday, which means that families will continue to be torn apart, more children will be abandoned, and more workers will be charged as felons for the crime of seeking to provide for their families. "It is a real contradiction with our supposed values that ICE is arresting workers and locking up their families," says Bill Chandler, Executive Director of Mississippi Immigrant Rights Alliance. "In the name of fighting terror, ICE is creating terror in communities in Mississippi."

In conjunction with their failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation, states across the country have increasingly taken it upon themselves to undermine the rights and dignity of workers under the guise of upholding U.S. law. To anyone who values universal human rights and the obligations that come with them, this is unacceptable.

For more information please visit US Human Rights Network member organization Mississippi Immigrant Rights Alliance page at www.yourmira.org or www.ushrnetwork.org. The US Human Rights Network is a membership based organization of more than 250 U.S.-based organizations and over 1200 individuals working on the full spectrum of human rights issues. For more information, please visit our website: www.ushrnetwork.org

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Holistic "Win-Win",......?

This guy, Sarukhan needs to spend some time in Juarez,....

Reckon we oughta' send him a link to this thread ?

Link: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/mexico-and-others-keep-tabs-at.html

Mexico and others keep tabs at Democratic convention
12:08 PM Tue, Aug 26, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd J. Gillman E-mail News tips
Conventions attract party activists, fat cats, media types, protesters - and most of the diplomatic corps posted to Washington. Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright hosted a party for 100 or so diplomats in Denver to schmooze the folks who might be running this country in a few months.

One key player: Mexico's ambassador to the United States, Arturo Sarukhan, who'll also be in St. Paul next week for the GOP confab.

"The Mexican government is looking to see, in both conventions, points of view regarding immigration reform that are holistic, that make sense, and that are an obvious win-win for both countries," the ambassador said after sitting in on a forum on immigration policy in the next administration. He echoed the experts' assessment that Barack Obama and John McCain would both seek comprehensive reform, something his government strongly favors.

For Ambassador Sarukhan, the conventions offer a way to pack weeks of work into a few days.

"This is a microcosm of my daily work. I have meetings here with governors, and mayors and trade unions, and congressmen," he said, after a chat with Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy, a key player on immigration, and before a meeting with leaders of the Service Employees International Union, whose membership includes lots of Mexican �migr�s. "I'll meet with businessmen, I will meet with NGOs, I will meet grassroots organizations."

And immigration is hardly the only issue. He cited free trade, the drug fight, and "how we fight new threats to security in the region."

"This is one way that Mexico ensures that it is present, that we have all our antennae up, and that we're picking up what's being discussed in both conventions," he said. "If we were a country that was 4,000 miles away on the other side of the Atlantic, maybe we wouldn't be as interested in following these issues closely. But we have a 3,000 km border with the United States, and as such, it behooves us to have a full understanding of the positions of the candidates, how the parties are moving, what are the some of the groups that are working with the parties and what their positions are."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" i am just not on your little parade of shooting folks just because their there or any of the other silly concepts."

.......Shooting Folks,.......I guess, ( hope? ) you are aware that the comment above, and the context in which you identify us comes across as being disparaging,...and rings of contempt ?
Like ,....just what exactly is wrong with being shooting folks ?

" Why don't you go to work for Cochise Co. S.O. or USBP, except your probably too old and broke down to. Complaining about the issues on the border, isn't going to fix a darn thing. "

............and disrespect for one's elders isn't going to improve anyone here's respect or regard for you,.......

That just comes across like a mouthy young PUNK,....No?

GTC

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Your fix to the situation is to shoot Mexicans, legal or illegal, isn't it???

You should know when you move onto a border area in the SW, your going to have to deal with Mexicans, that's just a fact of life. This isn't something new it's been going on for years, twenty, thirty or more.

I bet when Bill Jorgan was with the USBP, they were dealing with the same issues.

What you don't like, is that i don't get on your bandwagon and scream" shoot'em, shoot'em, shoot em all, regarding the Mexicans.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Uhh,......... those that know me here will verify that I have In-Laws in Mexico,....grew up in Latin America, worked all around Mex., S.and Central America ( teaching, Tech) and speak the language with certain skill.

You are not only acting like a mouthy punk,...you are cornering the market on wierdness, to boot.

Quit putting words in other people's mouths, show them the basic respect that's shown you,...or Butt out,......

That's a fair suggestion,.....right?

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Doggone it,....another "Catch and Release" gone way bad.

Link: http://southshore2.tbo.com/content/...heriff-clash-over-handling-of-rape/news/

Brown-Waite, Sheriff Clash Over Handling Of Rape Cases

By JOSH POLTILOVE

The Tampa Tribune

Published: August 26, 2008

Related Links

Interview With Brown-Waite
Sheriff Gee's Response
Letter Requesting Investigation
Read Brown-Waite's Release
Previous Coverage Of Attacks
TAMPA - When Hillsborough County deputies arrested Rigoberto Moron Martinez on a domestic violence-related charge on Aug. 5, they knew he was a suspect in another investigation in St. Petersburg.

They soon suspected he might be in the country illegally as well.

They let him loose seven hours later anyway. Investigators say that nine days later, Martinez robbed an Apollo Beach restaurant and raped two female employees. Martinez has since been linked to a St. Petersburg rape and robbery, a July 19 assault in Ellenton and a home invasion and rape in Gibsonton, also in July.

Authorities' handling of the case has prompted a round of finger-pointing, including between Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee and U.S. Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite.

Brown-Waite, R-Brooksville, is calling for a review of the interaction, "or lack thereof," between Hillsborough law enforcement and immigration officials in connection with Martinez's arrest.

She sent a letter Monday to U.S. Attorney Robert O'Neill, saying action should have been taken to make sure Martinez wasn't set free and asking the U.S. Attorney's Office to determine whether federal laws were violated or ignored.

Several Florida women's lives "have been permanently scarred by these brutal rapes; events that could have been avoided if Hillsborough County had followed the law, reported this illegal immigrant to federal authorities and held him for trial and deportation," Brown-Waite said in a statement. "It is clear to me that we need a federal investigation of the events surrounding the arrest and release of this man, and if warranted, new leadership at the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office."

Gee said the office followed normal protocol in dealing with Martinez and described the congresswoman's call for a federal investigation as naive and politically motivated.

In a statement e-mailed Monday to The Tampa Tribune, the sheriff's office said: "Congresswoman Brown-Waite may have been better served getting answers to her questions before attempting to gain political traction at the expense of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

"While she awaits our response, perhaps this elected official can ask herself where she failed as a member of Congress to secure our borders and enact meaningful legislation on immigration issues."

Martinez first came to the St. Petersburg Police Department's attention after a robbery and rape at The Table restaurant in St. Petersburg about 3 a.m. Aug. 3. He quickly became a suspect after restaurant officials told police Martinez was a disgruntled employee.

By that afternoon, investigators were talking with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office about Martinez. By the next night, the St. Petersburg Police Department's special investigative unit had him under surveillance, hoping to surreptitiously get a DNA sample and find out who he was hanging out with.

Hillsborough County knew the unit was following Martinez and that Martinez was a suspect in a St. Petersburg robbery and rape, said St. Petersburg police spokesman Bill Proffitt.

Hillsborough County sheriff's spokesman J.D. Callaway said his office didn't know what Martinez was accused of doing, only that St. Petersburg police had an ongoing investigation involving him.

At that point, St. Petersburg investigators thought they were dealing with an isolated case in which a former restaurant employee committed a single crime in retaliation for a pay dispute.

On Aug. 5, investigators decided to arrest Martinez. He was arrested at about 9:45 p.m. by a Hillsborough County deputy at the request of the St. Petersburg unit on a misdemeanor count of failing to appear on a domestic-related charge.

Proffitt said St. Petersburg police notified the federal Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agency of the arrest by telephone and teletype. He said that when the ICE agent on call was notified by telephone that Martinez was a suspect in a robbery and rape, the agent asked whether Martinez had been arrested on a felony. The agent was told no.

The ICE agent also asked whether Martinez had been deported previously and had re-entered the country illegally. The St. Petersburg investigator said he did not know.

The ICE agent told the investigator to send a fax about the situation to the federal agency's call center. St. Petersburg Detective Peter Venero sent the fax about Martinez's situation at 11:06 p.m., according to a copy provided by the St. Petersburg Police Department.

Martinez was released from jail at 4:43 a.m. on Aug. 6.

On Aug. 16, he attacked two Apollo Beach women, investigators have said. He was arrested again on Aug. 20 and remains in jail.

Brown-Waite said she wants to examine who made the mistakes.

"Unfortunately for the lives of the women raped by this illegal immigrant ringleader and his two accomplices, it appears that some area law enforcement officials may not have had the proper training and tools to work with ICE and federal officials," Brown-Waite wrote in her letter to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

"Hopefully, a federal investigation will identify the areas where Hillsborough County, St. Petersburg and ICE dropped the ball with identifying and deporting this man, and we can all work together to find ways to ensure that it won't happen again."

A directive from the Department of Justice says that whenever there's a congressional inquiry, the matter must be sent to the congressional affairs office, which must respond, U.S. Attorney O'Neill said.

Gee said Monday that Hillsborough jail officials contacted the immigration agency during Martinez's booking, and the agency immediately sent an automated response confirming it had received the information.

He produced a document Monday stating that immigration officials had received an inquiry about Martinez's legal status.

But ICE spokesman Ivan Ortiz could not confirm whether the agency had been notified. Even if immigration officials had received the notification, he said, Martinez would not have met the qualifications for a high-priority case.

Someone charged with aggravated crime such as rape, a person with a prior felony conviction, or a threat to national security would be considered a top priority, he said.

"I think we do the best we can with the resources that we have," Ortiz said.

Gee said Brown-Waite's criticism and call for a federal investigation are off the mark, adding that open borders are the problem, not his department's jails or an overwhelmed immigration agency.

In any given year, Gee said, about 75,000 people pass through Hillsborough jails, and roughly 10 percent potentially are illegal immigrants. He said immigration officials take action on only a small percentage of that group.

"This issue is so much bigger than what has been made by Mrs. Brown-Waite," the sheriff said.

Jose Walle, 13, of Wimauma, and Vicente Reyes-Carbajal, 20, of Ruskin, also were involved in some of the incidents, investigators said. Like Martinez, they are illegal immigrants, Ortiz said.

Deputies don't have access to federal immigration records and have no way of verifying someone's immigration status, Callaway said. However, deputies send lists of foreign-born inmates to immigration officials on a daily basis, he said.

Gee also said Brown-Waite's comments sound like someone running for office. Brown-Waite is seeking re-election to Florida's 5th Congressional District, which includes Hernando, Citrus and Sumter counties, and parts of Pasco, Polk, Lake, Levy and Marion counties.

It also looks like Brown-Waite may have company in her call for a review of how the case was handled. On Monday, Clay Phillips, chief of staff for U.S. Rep. Kathy Castor, D-Tampa, said Castor is in the process of drafting a letter to ICE.

"We want to figure out how the gaps can be closed," Phillips said. "Because it doesn't appear to be working for the community."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Uhh,......... those that know me here will verify that I have In-Laws in Mexico,....grew up in Latin America, worked all around Mex., S.and Central America ( teaching, Tech) and speak the language with certain skill.

You are not only acting like a mouthy punk,...you are cornering the market on wierdness, to boot.

Quit putting words in other people's mouths, show them the basic respect that's shown you,...or Butt out,......

GTC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So tell me what it is that you expect to achieve by entering all these incidents from across the country on here?

Also what is your solution to correct the the border issue and stem the tide of illegal aliens and narcotics coming into the US? The floor is all yours........

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter1960

GTC

So tell me what it is that you expect to achieve by entering all these incidents from across the country on here?

Also what is your solution to correct the the border issue and stem the tide of illegal aliens and narcotics coming into the US? The floor is all yours........

I'll be brief,

I feel singularly uninspired to try to explain ANYTHING to you Hunter,........you've already said you DON'T CARE

you are just entirely too confrontational,....and at times very abrasive in your approach.

If you don't like this thread,....quit reading it,....it's not like I'm posting it on a sign in your front yard.

You are one queer duck,.....and I reckon I'm not alone in that view.

As previously noted / suggested,....BUTT OUT.

GTC

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Having lived a few miles North of the Border. I know all too well the problems with Mexicans coming here. I don't necessarily want to shoot them, but we NEED to CONTROL them. Actually, I have no problem with Mexicans in general, I just want them to respect OUR laws on immigration.
Go to Mexico with a single bullet in you possesion, you are looking at a long time in jail, yet we allow, "WHATEVER" here.
Something wrong with the equation..

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just so the record's all clear on this,.......outside'a MS 13s and other deviates,.......the subject of "Shooting them" was not
part of the day to day establishment, and maintainance of this thread.

It has niether been suggested, or endorsed here.

That myth originated outta' Tenn. if I'm not mistaken.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/26/08.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter1960

GTC

I'll be brief,

I feel singularly uninspired to try to explain ANYTHING to you Hunter,........you've already said you DON'T CARE

you are just entirely too confrontational,....and at times very abrasive in your approach.

If you don't like this thread,....quit reading it,....it's not like I'm posting it on a sign in your front yard.

You are one queer duck,.....and I reckon I'm not alone in that view.

As previously noted / suggested,....BUTT OUT.

GTC

Crossfire, i don't think you understand what happens on the border does effects me daily, i see drugs that can be traced back to Mexico in my state on a daily basis. I am doing my part to stop it's spread not in AZ, but in TN.

When you drive into this state from the interstate routes and other routes, there's LEO's conducting interdiction of narcotics. Most of which can be traced back to Mex. don't think that we don't care about the border. We just know that we can't do anything about the border, so we do the best we can in our AO.

I can't stop the influx of aliens and drugs into this country and neither can you. It'll take a combined effort of the states involved and the US Govt. and it's not going to happen overnight.

If you get your new Sheriff in your county, which i hope you do, the issues aren't going to stop overnight either. You have to realize that this plight has been going on for years and will take more then one county Sheriff to change it.

I am not saying that he might not make some improvements, but he's not going to stop illegial aliens and drugs from entering into the US, and that's an undisputed fact.

You forget about the business issue of this with Mex. organized crime making millions upon millions, due to drug sales in this country.

Oh, by the way, i came on here about two years before you did, so don't tell me to butt out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just so the record's all clear on this,.......outside'a MS 13s and other deviates,.......the subject of "Shooting them" was not
part of the day to day establishment, and maintainance of this thread.

It has niether been suggested, or endorsed here.

That myth originated outta' Tenn. if I'm not mistaken.

GTC

I apologize, but i felt that your solution to the situation was to shoot illegals as they come across the border in the wilds of Cochise Co Az.

Tell me what are you going to do, as a non-LE citizen to stop the flow of illegal aliens and drugs into the US? Are you going to be the "eyes and ears", for LE, what ?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hunter says

" I really don't care what you sand rats do on the border,...."

A day later says,

" don't think that we don't care about the border. ".........

Steam Calliope music in the backround, Conductor yells, "All aboard the Schitzoid- Express "

.............Talk about swapping ends often, you've got it down to an art.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hunter says

" I really don't care what you sand rats do on the border,...."

A day later says,

" don't think that we don't care about the border. ".........

Steam Calliope music in the backround, Conductor yells, "All aboard the Schitzoid- Express "

.............Talk about swapping ends often, you've got it down to an art.

GTC

I am over 1600 miles from the border, i can't do a darn thing about what happens there. All i can do is deal with the results that i see from where, i work and reside.

Whatever you do on the border will not result in a stop to illegal aliens and narcotics entering this country from Mex. and that's a fact. I don't care if you've got your Super Sheriff or not. It's business to the organized criminals and their going to make money, cause the markets there.

What do you do, to help stem the tide of illegal aliens and narcotics, into this country? Have you arrested illegals ? Have you arrested those that transport, and sell illegal drugs from Mexico? When you start doing those things, then you tell me about dealing with the results of the border. What do you do, other then post things on the internet?

Crossfire, what do you want me to post the border, is the most important thing in America, and that i feel for the plight of all you poor, poor, folks who live there? Is that what you want to hear?

I learned along time ago, to be a realist, your not going to stop the tide of illegals into this country and your not going to stop the flow of drugs into this country. This is a major criminal enterprise, not a hobby, and those conducting the criminal business, will find ways around whatever fences or other means, you employ to stop them. You just deal with, and do the best job, you can at attempting, to take care of both issues, and that's all you can do.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
" I learned along time ago, to be a realist, your not going to stop the tide of illegals into this country and your not going to stop the flow of drugs into this country. "

Back to the basic Hunter1960 Philosophy.

That's good,....you are recognizable again,....

Our bright , cheery little ray of Sunshine.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I laughed aloud on reading this,....that's good,...

......this thread's been running scant on Chits and grins

I would have to Title this " Slow Speed Chase, no hair raised"
Bwa-ha.

GTC

Link: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080826-1141-bn26bpcrash.html

Border Patrol chase ends with crash

Save This Email This Print This Most Popular

UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

11:41 a.m. August 26, 2008

OCEANSIDE � Two men who led a border patrol agent on a brief chase early Tuesday morning have been arrested and will be deported, officials said.
The pursuit started when the suspected illegal immigrants were spotted driving an older model Chevrolet pickup truck on Mission Avenue, just south of Olive Street, about 5 a.m.

Advertisement Jason Rodgers, a U.S. Border Patrol agent, said the men drove away from another agent who tried to contact them while on patrol.
The agent chased after the pickup at speeds lower than 35 mph. Rodgers said the pickup crashed into a parked vehicle a few blocks from where the chase started and then drove off again.

The agent lost track of the vehicle after it left the crash site.

Oceanside police, who had been given a description of the pickup and the men, stopped them a short time later.

The border agent who chased the pair identified them and took them into custody, Rodgers said. The pair face several charges including being in the country illegally, he said.

No one was hurt.

The extent of damage caused to the parked vehicle was not available.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Well,....there it is,......and I thank you for putting that up,......I wish more folks would do so,......as you can guess, I've got limited access and time.

We're going to see, should this situation push foward any further towards critical mass,......something as per anticipated in the article,......closure and control will transpire,.......that would be my prediction.

Given that nay-saying and back biting have plagued the whole Border Security Issue from day Numero Uno,....( Hell it's evident at the Campfire ).........some pivotal event will likely have to transpire to see anything resembling "Unity" and common causal sentiment .

That is a damn shame,.......too.

I'm going to wound a fly and go throw it to my spider, now.

REST assured that a continued "Status Quo" ....and a ho-hum continuation of current events,....on and around the Border Issues,....... is a PIPE DREAM,......

God'll Bless the U.S.A., as long as we remain worthy of those blessings.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/27/08.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Losing their heads again,.....

link:http://www.newsmax.com/international/mexico_violence/2008/08/26/125084.html

www.newsmax.com
International RSS ARCHIVE

Print Page | Forward Page | E-mail Us

3 Decapitated Bodies Found Near Tijuana

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:30 PM

Article Font Size

TIJUANA, Mexico � Three decapitated bodies were found Tuesday in an empty lot outside Tijuana, the federal Attorney General's Office said.

Officials said the bodies had messages on their backs, but would not give details about what the notes said.

Witnesses said the bodies had their hands tied behind their backs. The heads were found nearby and appeared to have been burned.

The killings were the latest in a wave of mostly drug-related violence that has swept Mexico. Cartels have turned to decapitating their victims as a way to intimidate their rivals.

Another decapitated body and a man who had been stabbed to death were found Monday on the outskirts of Tijuana.

Nearly two years ago, President Felipe Calderon launched a nationwide battle to take back territory controlled by some of the world's most powerful drug gangs. Cartels have responded with unprecedented violence, especially along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Page 13 of 36 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,257
Posts18,486,360
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.