Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 36 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 35 36
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hunter1960

Why don't you ask others on here, who are involved in LE, if US LE is concerned about being taken over by Mex. drug/gang lords? As to why this isn't an issue in US LE.

No need to "take over"; flash enough cash and they'll just look the other way. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ebd10

Why don't you ask others on here, who are involved in LE, if US LE is concerned about being taken over by Mex. drug/gang lords? As to why this isn't an issue in US LE.

No need to "take over"; flash enough cash and they'll just look the other way. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
No way, not to the level of the Mexican LE and Govt. You can in no way compare the two, we have too many checks and balance systems in this country, that don't exsist in Mexico.

Those LEO's in this country who were on the take, may have gotten by for a while, but were shut down swiftly, that wouldn't happen in Mexico.

I know a guy who was shaken down illegals on traffic stops and taking money from their wallets and kicking them loose, this fellow was a supervisor.

One of the Mexican's goes and complains to the Admin. of the agency. This agency employs no hispanics, and has no need to care for or believe the Mexican over their long time employee.

The agency still conducts an investigation using a hispanic officer from a state LE agency, as bait in the trap, for the supervisor, who's caught, convicted and sentenced.

Now do you think that a Mexican agency would do that against one of there supervisors?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

You just nailed the X ring, EDB,......and that leads to all sorta' "Mixed Messages" Psych Problems,.....Hostility, and General poor attitudes.

Happens in a "Snowball Fashion", too.

I'm as unhappy and abashed at the Content / Context of all this material as the next guy.........But am opting out of the "Let The Pros take care of this,....that's what they're paid / trained to do" mindset.

Too many "Pros" ( career types) comin' up dirty, corrupt, and just plain CYA lackadaisacal,.....the worst though is too many CONTENT with the current situation ( Job Security? )

Homeland Security,.....Protected and Served,..... my ASS.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No way, not to the level of the Mexican LE and Govt. You can in no way compare the two, we have too many checks and balance systems in this country, that don't exsist in Mexico.

You think that the "checks and balances" can't be bribed? Or intimidated? Or killed? The main difference between US and Mexican LE is that the Mexicans long ago learned where the real money is. Take your average sheriff's deputy in a rural county, who works for a woefully understaffed, underpaid, and underequipped department: he pulls over a carload of guys on a lonely road, discovers that they have a trunk load of coke/heroin/guns/whatever. Upon discovery, they show him a bag full of cash to look the other way. What's more, they tell him that he can have a bag just like that every month to look the other way when they drive by. What do you suppose he'd do? Especially if the alternative is getting sniped like the last two guys whose position he filled?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You think that the "checks and balances" can't be bribed? Or intimidated? Or killed? The main difference between US and Mexican LE is that the Mexicans long ago learned where the real money is. Take your average sheriff's deputy in a rural county, who works for a woefully understaffed, underpaid, and underequipped department: he pulls over a carload of guys on a lonely road, discovers that they have a trunk load of coke/heroin/guns/whatever. Upon discovery, they show him a bag full of cash to look the other way. What's more, they tell him that he can have a bag just like that every month to look the other way when they drive by. What do you suppose he'd do? Especially if the alternative is getting sniped like the last two guys whose position he filled?

You've been watching TV too much. This is some story that you've seen on some late night TV. I've worked interstate interdiction, i've seen more dope and money floating around then you could imagine. My job and my freedom, isn't worth one penny of Mexican drug money.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

You just nailed the X ring, EDB,......and that leads to all sorta' "Mixed Messages" Psych Problems,.....Hostility, and General poor attitudes.

Happens in a "Snowball Fashion", too.

I'm as unhappy and abashed at the Content / Context of all this material as the next guy.........But am opting out of the "Let The Pros take care of this,....that's what they're paid / trained to do" mindset.

Too many "Pros" ( career types) comin' up dirty, corrupt, and just plain CYA lackadaisacal,.....the worst though is too many CONTENT with the current situation ( Job Security? )

Homeland Security,.....Protected and Served,..... my ASS.

GTC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So what's you answer to the solution???

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is some story that you've seen on some late night TV.

No, it's a hypothetical situation based upon real life headlines. Why do you think Mexican copsare being killed?

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is some story that you've seen on some late night TV.

No, it's a hypothetical situation based upon real life headlines. Why do you think Mexican copsare being killed?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You have to look at the entire picture of US LE versus Mex. LE.

Those Mex. LE folks don't care about one another, there in it to take care of themselves.

I haven't seen too many US agencies that if you hurt or kill one of their fellow LEO's, those LEO's are going to turnover every rock or whatever to find those who commited the crime. This same concept has been tried by black & hispanic gangs, who deal in money, drugs, guns etc. It hasn't been a problem in the US yet.

Look at your LE agencies in the LA Basin, the gangs don't control them.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
" Look at your LE agencies in the LA Basin, the gangs don't control them"

That's funny ( in a sick sorta' way, mind you),

.......MS 13 is RUNNING a successful organized crime org, from inside "Correctional Facilities" in this country

...and you can actually say that with a straight face?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hunter asks,...." So what's you answer to the solution???

I ask,........

WTF is that supposed to mean ?

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" Look at your LE agencies in the LA Basin, the gangs don't control them"

That's funny ( in a sick sorta' way, mind you),

.......MS 13 is RUNNING a successful organized crime org, from inside "Correctional Facilities" in this country

...and you can actually say that with a straight face?

GTC

And you don't think that LE agencies are trying to do what they can to control and contain this from inside the correctional facilities. So has some of the other gangs, i watched a History channel show the other night how the Latin Kings, were doing this and how they were shut down, to a degree. It doesn't happen overnight, i think you want instant control and that's not going to happen. What would be your answer to correct this situation???

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
" What would be your answer to correct this situation???"

Hey,... I just realized something Hunter.

All the rest of you may find this interesting , as well.

I'll be DAMNED if I can see this being productive or contributory to your chosen career,

...but apparently you don't retain ANYTHING from previous discussions, on previous days.

Is that because everything gets "Reported" and filed at the end of a shift....?

It'll make you somewhat more interpretable,....but certainly no more coherant,

So, I'll tell you one more time,...this is not an interogation room,...I'm not suspected of doing anything wrong,....and YOU are not INTEROGATING me.

When you ask a question that has some application to the thread, I'll gladly answer,....

Your day to day assing around, and incoherantly swapping ends
( spinning like a top ) just don't resonate with me.

I'm sure that you've LOTS to contribute to a thread of this sort,.....Being an esteemed and seasoned LEO, and all .
I'm saying that with respect, Dude .

Your use of the term "Citizens" , .....the context in which you used it , generated a vision of sneers,....lips curled in contempt, like you were spitting it out.

Don't expect that to "Blow Over" anytime soon.

I don't like or respect that sorta' nonsense, and while not prone to carrying a grudge,....pretty much always go by my gut first impression........and wait and watch thereout

Impressions,....YOU, have made little or none.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/28/08.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hunter asks,...." So what's you answer to the solution???

I ask,........

WTF is that supposed to mean ?

GTC

I apologize i was on the phone on another issue, i know your perfect and don't make mistakes. I meant to say, what is your solution to the situation ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'll be DAMNED if I can see this being productive or contributory to your chosen career,

...but apparently you don't retain ANYTHING from previous discussions, on previous days.

So, I'll tell you one more time,...this is not an interogation room,...I'm not suspected of doing anything wrong,....and YOU are not INTEROGATING me.

When you ask a question that has some application to the thread, I'll gladly answer,....

I'm sure that you've LOTS to contribute to a thread of this sort,.....Being an esteemed and seasoned LEO, and all .

Your use of the term "Citizens" , .....the context in which you used it , generated a vision of sneers,....lips curled in contempt, like you were spitting it out.

I don't like or respect that sorta' nonsense, and while not prone to carrying a grudge,....pretty much always go by my gut first impression........and wait and watch thereout

GTC

I think you don't have an answer or a thought on how to correct the situation and are using BS as an excuse to state one. If you've got an answer that would include the citizens, lets here it? Hell, i work cases everyday, that citizens are a big reason for these cases getting solved, with the information that i receive.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Coherancy,......

.....something to strive for,....you just failed.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

GTC

I am not interrogating you, i am asking you what as a citizen, as to your personal input, what would you do, to correct the situation?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dillegently avoiding interogation from pompous and inflated windbags,.....I'm posting material like THIS,....

Link: http://www.americanpatrol.com/

Trust But Verify
Spencer Calls on McCain to Flesh Out Border Plan

American Border Patrol -- August 28
Glenn Spencer at the border today, August 28, 2008

Glenn Spencer of American Border Patrol posted a video on the Republican National Committee Web site that calls on the committee to adopt his Operation 20/20, a plan to secure the border. ( Watch // YouTube Version)
Text of video: My name is Glenn Spencer. I live in Arizona. I have a ranch here � right on the border. This is Border Monument 98, in the middle of a major smuggling corridor. These flags, three thousand of them, were put here by American Border Patrol, an organization, a non-profit, that I run. Each one of them has a message from an American citizen asking that our border be secure.
In the 1950s, President Eisenhower, a man who knew an invasion when he saw one, cracked down on illegal immigration and cut the number of apprehensions down to less than 35,000. Today, John McCain says he will secure the border before addressing the illegal immigration amnesty or comprehensive immigration reform issue. It is time that John McCain flesh out his promises. It is time that he define what he means.
When President Eisenhower cut the number of apprehensions across our border to less than 35,000, he had one tenth the border patrol agents. He did not have the UAVs. He did not have the fences. He did not have the technology. And, yet, he got

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dillegently avoiding interogation from pompous and inflated windbags,.....I'm posting material like THIS,....

Link: http://www.americanpatrol.com/

Trust But Verify
Spencer Calls on McCain to Flesh Out Border Plan

American Border Patrol -- August 28
Glenn Spencer at the border today, August 28, 2008

Glenn Spencer of American Border Patrol posted a video on the Republican National Committee Web site that calls on the committee to adopt his Operation 20/20, a plan to secure the border. ( Watch // YouTube Version)
Text of video: My name is Glenn Spencer. I live in Arizona. I have a ranch here � right on the border. This is Border Monument 98, in the middle of a major smuggling corridor. These flags, three thousand of them, were put here by American Border Patrol, an organization, a non-profit, that I run. Each one of them has a message from an American citizen asking that our border be secure.
In the 1950s, President Eisenhower, a man who knew an invasion when he saw one, cracked down on illegal immigration and cut the number of apprehensions down to less than 35,000. Today, John McCain says he will secure the border before addressing the illegal immigration amnesty or comprehensive immigration reform issue. It is time that John McCain flesh out his promises. It is time that he define what he means.
When President Eisenhower cut the number of apprehensions across our border to less than 35,000, he had one tenth the border patrol agents. He did not have the UAVs. He did not have the fences. He did not have the technology. And, yet, he got

Next to actually standing a watch on the border as a USBP agent or other LEO to contribute directly to arrests of illegals and illegal drugs, your doing what you can, i guess. In your own way your contributing by posting this stuff here.

I get this feeling that you believe that if LEO's/LE agencies aren't like your super hero Joe, that we're not doing anything to help solve the problem. Many of the arrests and deportations of illegals and drug arrests don't make the AP wire, that are made by LEO's and their agencies across this country.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hopefully general awareness of the situation is being increased by this thread.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
guys, in all honest and humble respect, with your last good and honest words ,I suggest that we just continue to use this AMAZING mechanism of "Raising Awareness"......Call, Write, E-Mail,.....NEVER give up

Not sure if ya'll will remember,....Oh hell yeah you will on Ammo reloading components ban / OSHA.....we literally pounded that piece of facist trash legislation into the GROUND last year,....using EXACTLY this venue ( I-Net) that I so half assedly and stumblingly try to apply, Daily, to this particular problem of the day,.....

I think it would be interesting to resurect that thread,......you talk about Revere's Ride,.....Steve Garbe
( Black Powder Cartridge News), Dave Trenk ( Pedersoli ) Myself ( No particular claim,....gonzo)

We got the ball rolling,....and within a week or two,...Limbaugh, Savage and , the Leprocan were onto it. The NRA was drinkin at a conferance / convention,...and was DAMNED embarassed at it taking place right under their noses.

Point is ,...this Sorta "Use what's avail, ....improvise, adapt, conquer" disemination of information could well be THE factor that tips scales towards a "Harmonious Outcome" ( Monty Walsh)

Why not at least try.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/28/08.

Page 15 of 36 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.