Hop To
Page 16 of 36 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 35 36
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hay, Caramba,.....Lotsa' people getting Chot

............European's take worth note.

link: http://m3report.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/291/

Britain, Germany and Switzerland officially warn citizens about the dangers of travel in Mexico
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FORMER BORDER PATROL OFFICERS
Visit our website: http://www.nafbpo.org
Foreign News Report

The National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) extracts and condenses the material that follows from Mexican and Central and South American on-line media sources on a daily basis. You are free to disseminate this information, but we request that you credit NAFBPO as being the provider.

El Informador (Guadalajara, Jal.), El Universal (Mex. City), Frontera (Tijuana. B.C.) 8/27/08

Various European governments are now warning their citizens that when visiting Mexico they must protect themselves as much from the police as from the criminals because there are links between the police officers and criminal groups.
The German Chancery recommended its citizens not to resist if they are victims of some crime because the law breakers use their weapons immediately. Further it emphasizes that police forces are implicated in illicit activities.
Likewise, officials in Great Britain issued alerts to tourists due to the complaints of complicity between police and kidnappers. In its internet site, it points out that �express kidnappings� occur especially in Mexico City.
And the Swiss Dep�t. of Foreign Relations uses a section to explain criminality in Mexico and mentions that there�ve been known cases of police collusion in criminal activity.
����

Norte (Cd. Juarez, Chih.) , Diario Xalapa (Xalapa, Veracruz) - part of �o.e.m.� national chain - 8/27/08

A five day �bi-national march� begins today to protest the construction of the border fence in the El Paso, TX, area. Portions of the articles read: �The people of the border area share and are united by a single history, a language and a culture, even though the land is separated by an international border, for which reason the border area peoples cannot be divided. With the start of the building of the border fence, it not only tries to divide a territory more, it also tries to divide one people even more.�
����

El Diario de Coahuila (Saltillo, Coah.) 8/27/08

- The wave of violence in Chihuahua brought death to ten more persons, among them five from one family, all massacred with AK-47 assault rifles at a ranch on the Aldama to Ojinaga highway, just north of Chihuahua City.
- Mex. military arrested three men and seized the following from their vehicle on the Reynosa to Matamoros highway (this is just across the Rio Grande upriver from Brownsville TX) : four rifles, two carbines, two shotguns, a pistol, over 3200 rounds of ammo, 66 clips, five grenades, two telescopic sights plus over a dozen radios, some bullet proof vests and other gear.
����

El Informador (Guadalajara, Jalisco) 8/27/08

The Jalisco State AG�s office issued preliminary detention orders against ten city police officers and investigators and informants in the Guadalajara area. They�re all accused of theft and extortion.
����

El Universal (Mexico City) 8/27/08

- Two �AFI� (Mex. Fed. Inv. Agency) agents were murdered and a third one is in a hospital after a car-to-car gunfire assault in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora. One of the dead was the head of the local aerial interdiction unit.
- In Durango, Durango, three of the state�s Investigation Dep�t., a regional commander and two other officers, were having a late dinner at a restaurant. Then hit men arrived and shot and killed all three agents at their table. The killers left as quickly as they had arrived.
- Three other bodies, one of them missing its head, were found in Vicente Guerrero, a bit south of the city of Durango.
- Found and destroyed near a ranch close to Barranca, Jalisco: 199 thousand six-foot tall marihuana plants in over 46 thousand sq, meters (some eleven acres.)
����

La Cronica de Hoy (Mexico City) 8/27/08

Yesterday was one of the bloodiest days of the year. There were 23 �executions� (sic) in just eight states. The article then goes on to name the locales and to furnish names, places and general details of the bloody events.
����

La Jornada (Mexico City) 8/27/08

- Raul Prado, Commander of the State Ministerial Police Homicide Unit, was killed by �at least� sixty shots this morning while on his way to work in Aguascalientes, Ags.; five individuals got out of two vehicles as Prado approached and riddled him, then they fled.
- The Private Sector Center for Economic Studies cites an Inter-American Development Bank report that places the cost of crime at some 14% of the GDP of countries such as Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, El Salvador & Venezuela. In Mexico�s case, the cost is equivalent to 120 billion dollars a year, some of which is attributed to loss of private capital investment and loss of human resources.
����

La Prensa (Mexico City) - part of �o.e.m.� national chain - 8/27/08

The attachment is a photo shown about one particular incident included in a long article detailing blood and mayhem from murderous events around Mexico. The second attachment, from �Excelsior� (Mexico City) is a political cartoon showing a man labeled �Corruption of Officials.� On a �National Security Accord� document he signs �Impunity.�
����

- end of report -

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Nutsiness the vogue there

.....Denver

Caution turgid Dem crap to wade through.....split off and poluting the top of the page

the bpttom's worth a look

Some NERVY, and MOUTHY folk really ignoring potential for their actions,....like backfiring........

critical mass approaches

GTC

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_10325314

Former Denver mayor, Federico Pena, lead a march for immigration reform down Colfax in Denver on August 28, 2008. (SPECIAL TO THE DENVER POST | Nathan W. Armes)
DNC EXTRAS
Watch LIVE video from Invesco Field
Read LIVE reports on the DNC from Denver Post reporters
Watch latest video
Watch live coverage of DNC events as they happen.
Browse a gallery of images from DNC events, parties and protests.
Browse a collection of videos of musical performances at a variety of DNC events.
Explore the Multimedia center
Search DNC Event calendar
Play the Taxi game
Find stuff to do in our Colorado Guide
Politics news
Celebrity news
Safety news
Logistics news
Business news
All DNC news
Special Section "The Democrats"
View Colorado's delegates' bios
DNC ProtestCam
Quizzes!
View updated street closures, alternative route info
View RTD's service impact map
View street closures and protest parade route for Aug. 25-27
View protest parade route for Thursday, Aug. 28
Webcams � four of them on downtown Denver
Live Updates
Still a couple thousand empty seats at the top of Invesco Field. Those lines must be bad.
1 minute ag
9 minutes ago

Read more updatesMore than 800 people joined a march supporting immigration rights this morning, culminating in a lunchtime, festival-like gathering at Lincoln Park.

The march began shortly after 9 a.m. at Rude Park and proceeded without any problems, police said.

"It's been a fantastic group. I think this went off without a hitch," said police Capt. Joseph Padilla. "They've all been cooperative."

A group calling itself "World Can't Wait" led the march.

"This is Germany in the 1930s all over again!" according to a press statement. "The past seven years of the Bush regime have seen a dramatic escalation of attacks on immigrants on many fronts."

But marchers say they don't believe there would be significant changes under a Barack Obama

Immigrant rights advocates marched on Denver on August 28, 2008. (SPECIAL TO THE DENVER POST | Nathan W. Armes)or John McCain administration.
"Obama has made no call to reverse this whole ugly program," the statement says. "Stop the attacks on Immigrants! Stop the ICE raids! Stop the Criminal Bush Program!"

Police monitored streets along the route after hearing reports that anti-immigration protesters might try to heckle the crowd, but they encountered no problems.

"We want to build bridges and not walls between our countries," march organizer Rudy Gonzales said. "We want pathways to citizenship. We want to decriminalize immigration."

March supporters included those with T-shirts that proclaim: "Immigrant rights are human rights."

Felipe Perez, 32, of Denver, said he is a first-generation citizen who lays tile for work, and that several members of his family were deported, including his aunt who was pregnant when one day she disappeared.

"We didn't know what happened to her. Something has to be done to open our borders. I still have family members who come here to make a better life," he said.

The Rev. Ron Stief, of Washington, D.C., helped organize the march. He said he has traveled the country visiting illegal immigrants held in detention centers.

"There is no issue more important than how we care for immigrants," he said. "The way that families cannot be united is a problem as well as the way people have been criminalized and end up in jail."

Aubrey Valencia, 32, of Aurora walked with her daughter, Jasmine, 6, to join the march.

"This is how she gets an education," said Valencia, who held her daughter home from school to march. "The goal is to teach history as it happens, about the democratic process, about social justice."

An older man watching the march commented, "I don't know how someone could stay home and watch Dr. Phil with all this going on, but they do."

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/28/08.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't seen too many US agencies that if you hurt or kill one of their fellow LEO's, those LEO's are going to turnover every rock or whatever to find those who commited the crime. This same concept has been tried by black & hispanic gangs, who deal in money, drugs, guns etc. It hasn't been a problem in the US yet.

There are people with gang affiliations in the military and various police departments. Where do you suppose their loyalties lie? Cops are people too. Wave enough money in their face and they take it. People behind the badge have been drug runners, hitmen, drug dealers, guards for drug dealers, thieves, armed robbers, rapists, pedophiles, and every other type of scum on the earth. In other words, YOU are US. WE are YOU. That means that cops, lawyers, judges, and politicians (duh) can be corrupted. Corrupt enough of them and you have a situation like Chicago. In Daleyland, the cops can get away with anything.

In the 21st century, the most effective self-defense tool against tyranny is a video camera. I wonder how soon it will be before laws are passed against people filming "the authorities?"

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually Eb, that was an excellent post. But in reference to the last sentence, most of us film ourselves.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ebd10
I haven't seen too many US agencies that if you hurt or kill one of their fellow LEO's, those LEO's are going to turnover every rock or whatever to find those who commited the crime. This same concept has been tried by black & hispanic gangs, who deal in money, drugs, guns etc. It hasn't been a problem in the US yet.

There are people with gang affiliations in the military and various police departments. Where do you suppose their loyalties lie? Cops are people too. Wave enough money in their face and they take it. People behind the badge have been drug runners, hitmen, drug dealers, guards for drug dealers, thieves, armed robbers, rapists, pedophiles, and every other type of scum on the earth. In other words, YOU are US. WE are YOU. That means that cops, lawyers, judges, and politicians (duh) can be corrupted. Corrupt enough of them and you have a situation like Chicago. In Daleyland, the cops can get away with anything.

In the 21st century, the most effective self-defense tool against tyranny is a video camera. I wonder how soon it will be before laws are passed against people filming "the authorities?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Granted these acts happen, but there not the majority. I don't have facts and figures in front of me, to back this up. If i follow Crossfire's, the sky is falling theory in Mex. this is a majority of LEO's who are on the take versus it's a minority or less in the US. As was stated LE catches themselves regarding criminal activity via camera.

I've personally witnessed an investigation of an LEO in an agency, who was snitching off the druggies, as to our operations. He was prosecuted and decommissioned by the state.

My employer could conduct secret squirrel investigations on me, he has all the info. required to do it, names of family and friends, bank accounts etc. and the personnel to put me under surveilance 24/7 365, as do most LE agencies. This is no different then conducting security checks on military personnel.

What would be your answer to insure that LEO's don't go to the dark side?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Require college degrees, twice yearly random drug tests, annual credit checks, DNA samples, videotape everything they do or say, get a ballistic signature on every firearm they own, and have them sign a waiver that allows the agency to tap their phones and look at their email anytime they want.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dang, that might drive someone over to the dark side.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by g5m
Dang, that might drive someone over to the dark side.

Well, he asked.

Last edited by ebd10; 08/29/08.

www.oregonfirearms.org
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yes. smile

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Require college degrees, twice yearly random drug tests, annual credit checks, DNA samples, videotape everything they do or say, get a ballistic signature on every firearm they own, and have them sign a waiver that allows the agency to tap their phones and look at their email anytime they want.

Well let's see:

1. College degree's, many agencies require it, or recommend it , if you want to get above entry level. I can tell you as a former FTO, i've trained college grads, who were stupid, they had great book smarts, but little common sense, a degree doesn't make the man or women always in this case.

Are you as a taxpayer willing to pay more money as LEO's will say, "screw this place, i'll go work where the money is better". It costs money to train and retrain folks, academies aren't free, you have to pay a salary, plus other required expenditures. All you'll have is a revolving door agency. Unless the taxpayers are willing to pay more in salary. If i remember, my Sheriff told me it costs the agency about 15K to hire and train a deputy, off the street, this before their fully trained and ready to solo.

2. Random drug screen, i get one yearly, plus anytime there's a major incident involving a weapon or automobile.

3. Credit checks, the agencies have the info. it's up to them to run them. I know that i had one done, without my knowledge when i worked interdiction. I had these done in the Mil. in regards to my security clearance.

4. DNA sample many agencies have done this, i know mine has. Plus if you've been in the Mil. in the last 20 years or less, they have one too.

5. Videotape, that pretty much the norm, regarding traffic stops, most calls and interviews and criminal investigations.

6. Ballistic signitures, haven't seen or heard of this in an agency.

7. Tap your phone and and check your computer. If your subject to a secret squirrel investigation, those things will be done. The phone will be tapped and you won't know nothing about it. Your computer will be seized with a warrant when your arrested.

Now how many of these are done in your employment, to keep you from stealing from your employer or doing criminal activities against your employer? Most LE agencies, won't hire if you have a felony, DUI, or domestic abuse conviction.

You can work in the civilian sector with these issues, unless the employer is covered or required under some type of DOD or other Govt. security requirement. There are agencies who won't hire if you've ever been fired from a job, be it a LE or a civilian job. The requirements are actually alot higher then you think.

It's funny, the smaller the agency, the tighter it is. I know agencies, if the Chief or Sheriff doesn't know your Momma or Daddy or other members of your family or know you personnaly, your not getting a job.

It's getting to where they won't even hire, if, it's an arrest, even a misdemeanor. In this state you have to get a waiver from the POST Commission, for any arrest, the Commission won't waiver felonies, but misdemeanors require a waiver.

It's an interesting list though, i'ld hate to be the taxpayer in the city/county/state, that would have to pay the salary, that the LEO's would demand to have to be put under all these requirements for what their currently being paid.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now how many of these are done in your employment, to keep you from stealing from your employer or doing criminal activities against your employer? Most LE agencies, won't hire if you have a felony, DUI, or domestic abuse conviction.

Irrelevant. My employment doesn't endow me with the power of life and death over those I may encounter. If I'm caught working drunk, high, under threat of death or financial ruin, some widget may get sent to the wrong place. If an LEO acts while drunk, high, under threat of death or financial ruin, someone gets dead.

I mean, really, if you haven't done anything wrong, why would you object?

It's getting to where they won't even hire, if, it's an arrest, even a misdemeanor. In this state you have to get a waiver from the POST Commission, for any arrest, the Commission won't waiver felonies, but misdemeanors require a waiver.

Do you disagree with this? Seems to me that those entrusted with enforcing the law should be held to a higher standard.

It's an interesting list though, i'ld hate to be the taxpayer in the city/county/state, that would have to pay the salary, that the LEO's would demand to have to be put under all these requirements for what there currently being paid.

Unfortunately, the people in the municipalities don't get a choice as to whether they want that level of enforcement. They just get to go along for the ride.

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Crossfire"s........"The Sky is falling in Mexico Theory"

........Murders, Assasinations, abductions, Be-headings, Rogue Military and Cops in profusion,........a combination thereof mounting THE threat of the day, and REAL issue of these times,.......

.............I guess with Hunter on the job / case we can all relax and go watch sit-coms..........?

Anyhoo,....this from the Washington times,......and (HEY DEPUTY READ THIS),.....apparently the largest BP Union Local in US agrees with me, that this Pin Ball Machine is flashing TILT.

Link: http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/aug/28/bush-urged-to-block-mexican-military/

Bush urged to block Mexican military
Agents cite rash of incursions
Jerry Seper (Contact)
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Comment
Print
Listen
Font Size Share
Ask a Question
You Report
The U.S. Border Patrol's largest union local has asked President Bush to put an end to the scores of Mexican military incursions into the United States that have put Border Patrol agents at risk of being injured or killed.

"It is disgraceful that Border Patrol agents are put in harm's way and our government doesn't do everything reasonably within its power to protect us from marauding Mexican soldiers and others," said Edward "Bud" Tuffly II, head of Local 2544 of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) in Tucson.

"Without a forceful response to these illegal incursions, an agent will eventually be seriously wounded or killed. It is only a matter of time," Mr. Tuffly said. "The incursions will not stop until the Mexican military units and their commanders are held accountable for their actions."

In a letter Saturday to Mr. Bush, Mr. Tuffly asked the president to "take a strong stand against" Mexican military incursions.

He said Mexican soldiers have made hundreds of incursions into the United States and that some of them resulted in agents coming under gunfire and being detained at gunpoint.

"It is a documented fact that the Mexican military is corrupt and is involved in protecting drug cartels, smugglers and other criminals," said Mr. Tuffly, a veteran Border Patrol agent.

The NBPC represents all of the agency's 16,000 nonsupervisory agents. Mr. Tuffly's local is the union's largest, with about 3,000 members.

White House officials said Wednesday that they had not received the letter and referred inquiries to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

CBP spokesman Michael Friel acknowledged that the Mexican military has made incursions into the United States and said those incidents have been treated seriously and reported up the chain of command. He said protocols have been developed to ensure that the incidents are resolved as "quickly and safely" as possible.

"There is an international boundary for a reason and they are to be respected by both governments," Mr. Friel said. "We take very seriously our role in working with our international neighbors to address and resolve these situations."

Continues 1 2 Next Add as Favorite
TIMES NETWORK

Page 2 of 2 Back
Jerry Seper (Contact)
Comment
Print
Listen
Font Size Share
Ask a Question
You Report
Last week in separate letters to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, Rep. Duncan Hunter raised what he described as "serious questions" about the Mexican military's presence and activities along the southwestern border.

He made the comments in response to an Aug. 3 incident during which a Border Patrol agent was held at gunpoint by members of the Mexican military who had crossed the border into Arizona about 85 miles southwest of Tucson. The soldiers returned to Mexico without incident when backup agents responded to assist.

"The fact that the Mexican military is operating in such close proximity to the border, without any identifiable purpose, calls into question its activities and raises concerns about the vulnerability of our southern land border," said Mr. Hunter, a California Republican who played a key role in the government's efforts to build a fence along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"When considering the frequency of incursions and the threat these encounters pose to our Border Patrol agents, it is critical that we take the necessary steps to ensure that Mexican military and law-enforcement personnel do not cross into the U.S. without our knowledge or consent," he said.

Officials at Homeland Security also referred inquiries to CBP.

Mr. Friel noted that the ongoing construction of 670 miles of fencing along the southwestern border "will result in a clearer delineation of the international border" and a reduction in the number of incursions.

Last week, the State Department and the Border Patrol in Washington described the Aug. 3 incursion as a "momentary misunderstanding," saying the Mexican soldiers did not know where they were and needed to make certain that the detained agent was who he said he was - although rank-and-file Border Patrol agents in Arizona said he was dressed in uniform and was driving a well-marked, white-and-green agency vehicle.

The incident occurred on the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation, a major corridor for smuggling humans and drugs.

Mr. Tuffly said the four Mexican military personnel who crossed into the United States on Aug. 3 did so after passing vehicle barriers that Homeland Security had erected at the border. The agent was in full uniform and was driving a fully marked Border Patrol vehicle, complete with red and blue lights, large green stripes down the side, and the large words "Border Patrol" on the sides and the rear of the vehicle, he said.

"A reasonable person would conclude that the soldiers knew exactly at whom they were pointing their rifles," Mr. Tuffly said. "Had the agent panicked and fired a shot or attempted to flee in his vehicle, there is little doubt the Mexican soldiers would have opened fire."

He described the State Department's declaration that the incident was a "misunderstanding" as "unfortunate."

"During past incursions, the Mexican government has denied it had soldiers in the area. They have blamed impostors, even when military Humvees were involved," he said. "Time after time they have gotten away with these incursions and time after time our government has not taken a forceful stand against them."

Mr. Hunter said in his letters that 43 Mexican military incursions have been reported in the past 10 months and more than 200 since 2006. In the letter, he asked what action the Homeland Security and State departments were taking "to address the incursion ... and limit or prevent the likelihood of similar incidents in the future."

Back 1 2 Add as Favorite

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/29/08.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Irrelevant. My employment doesn't endow me with the power of life and death over those I may encounter. If I'm caught working drunk, high, under threat of death or financial ruin, some widget may get sent to the wrong place. If an LEO acts while drunk, high, under threat of death or financial ruin, someone gets dead.

I mean, really, if you haven't done anything wrong, why would you object?

Do you disagree with this? Seems to me that those entrusted with enforcing the law should be held to a higher standard.

It's an interesting list though, i'ld hate to be the taxpayer in the city/county/state, that would have to pay the salary, that the LEO's would demand to have to be put under all these requirements for what there currently being paid.

Unfortunately, the people in the municipalities don't get a choice as to whether they want that level of enforcement. They just get to go along for the ride.

I have no problem with the higher standards for employment, it's been that way in this state, well before i became involved. I've done the secret squirrel investigations on folks, i've seen some of the things that can occur.

But at the same time, i've done background checks on new hires and have found folks who've been in a fist fight at eighteen, and charged with simple assault and their in there early thirties when they apply, and have had no other issues since then, they deserve a waiver for a misdemeanor.

The same for the college student who was charged with a ten dollar PWC arrest, that's Passing Worthless Check, for a pizza, but had excellent grades and recommendations, with no other issues. What do you do say, too bad, so sad. You go ahead and submit the waiver to POST and hope they concur.

In regards to citizens input into the hiring and firing and etc. of an agency, it's called Civil Service. Establish a Civil Service Board within your community, that deals with LE standards and you can have a say so.

Civil Service Boards, consist of citizens who are involved in the selection of LE and other personnel in the Govt. of the community.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Crossfire"s........"The Sky is falling in Mexico Theory"

........Murders, Assasinations, abductions, Be-headings, Rogue Military and Cops in profusion,........a combination thereof mounting THE threat of the day, and REAL issue of these times,.......

.............I guess with Hunter on the job / case we can all relax and go watch sit-coms..........?

Anyhoo,....this from the Washington times,......and (HEY DEPUTY READ THIS),.....apparently the largest BP Union Local in US agrees with me, that this Pin Ball Machine is flashing TILT.

Link: http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/aug/28/bush-urged-to-block-mexican-military/

Jerry Seper (Contact)
Comment
Print
Listen
Font Size Share
Ask a Question
You Report
The U.S. Border Patrol's largest union local has asked President Bush to put an end to the scores of Mexican military incursions into the United States that have put Border Patrol agents at risk of being injured or killed.

"It is disgraceful that Border Patrol agents are put in harm's way and our government doesn't do everything reasonably within its power to protect us from marauding Mexican soldiers and others," said Edward "Bud" Tuffly II, head of Local 2544 of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) in Tucson.

"Without a forceful response to these illegal incursions, an agent will eventually be seriously wounded or killed. It is only a matter of time," Mr. Tuffly said. "The incursions will not stop until the Mexican military units and their commanders are held accountable for their actions."

In a letter Saturday to Mr. Bush, Mr. Tuffly asked the president to "take a strong stand against" Mexican military incursions.

He said Mexican soldiers have made hundreds of incursions into the United States and that some of them resulted in agents coming under gunfire and being detained at gunpoint.

"It is a documented fact that the Mexican military is corrupt and is involved in protecting drug cartels, smugglers and other criminals," said Mr. Tuffly, a veteran Border Patrol agent.

The NBPC represents all of the agency's 16,000 nonsupervisory agents. Mr. Tuffly's local is the union's largest, with about 3,000 members.

White House officials said Wednesday that they had not received the letter and referred inquiries to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

CBP spokesman Michael Friel acknowledged that the Mexican military has made incursions into the United States and said those incidents have been treated seriously and reported up the chain of command. He said protocols have been developed to ensure that the incidents are resolved as "quickly and safely" as possible.

"There is an international boundary for a reason and they are to be respected by both governments," Mr. Friel said. "We take very seriously our role in working with our international neighbors to address and resolve these situations."

Continues 1 2 Next Add as Favorite
TIMES NETWORK

Page 2 of 2 Back
Jerry Seper (Contact)
Comment
Print
Listen
Font Size Share
Ask a Question
You Report
Last week in separate letters to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, Rep. Duncan Hunter raised what he described as "serious questions" about the Mexican military's presence and activities along the southwestern border.

He made the comments in response to an Aug. 3 incident during which a Border Patrol agent was held at gunpoint by members of the Mexican military who had crossed the border into Arizona about 85 miles southwest of Tucson. The soldiers returned to Mexico without incident when backup agents responded to assist.

"The fact that the Mexican military is operating in such close proximity to the border, without any identifiable purpose, calls into question its activities and raises concerns about the vulnerability of our southern land border," said Mr. Hunter, a California Republican who played a key role in the government's efforts to build a fence along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"When considering the frequency of incursions and the threat these encounters pose to our Border Patrol agents, it is critical that we take the necessary steps to ensure that Mexican military and law-enforcement personnel do not cross into the U.S. without our knowledge or consent," he said.

Officials at Homeland Security also referred inquiries to CBP.

Mr. Friel noted that the ongoing construction of 670 miles of fencing along the southwestern border "will result in a clearer delineation of the international border" and a reduction in the number of incursions.

Last week, the State Department and the Border Patrol in Washington described the Aug. 3 incursion as a "momentary misunderstanding," saying the Mexican soldiers did not know where they were and needed to make certain that the detained agent was who he said he was - although rank-and-file Border Patrol agents in Arizona said he was dressed in uniform and was driving a well-marked, white-and-green agency vehicle.

The incident occurred on the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation, a major corridor for smuggling humans and drugs.

Mr. Tuffly said the four Mexican military personnel who crossed into the United States on Aug. 3 did so after passing vehicle barriers that Homeland Security had erected at the border. The agent was in full uniform and was driving a fully marked Border Patrol vehicle, complete with red and blue lights, large green stripes down the side, and the large words "Border Patrol" on the sides and the rear of the vehicle, he said.

"A reasonable person would conclude that the soldiers knew exactly at whom they were pointing their rifles," Mr. Tuffly said. "Had the agent panicked and fired a shot or attempted to flee in his vehicle, there is little doubt the Mexican soldiers would have opened fire."

He described the State Department's declaration that the incident was a "misunderstanding" as "unfortunate."

"During past incursions, the Mexican government has denied it had soldiers in the area. They have blamed impostors, even when military Humvees were involved," he said. "Time after time they have gotten away with these incursions and time after time our government has not taken a forceful stand against them."

Mr. Hunter said in his letters that 43 Mexican military incursions have been reported in the past 10 months and more than 200 since 2006. In the letter, he asked what action the Homeland Security and State departments were taking "to address the incursion ... and limit or prevent the likelihood of similar incidents in the future."

Back 1 2 Add as Favorite

I am trying to do my part in my community, everyday. It's not my fault that it's [bleep] up in your AO. I can't do anything about that.

I never stated that, what's occuring on the border isn't wrong, dipstick. I don't like your attitude, that it's LE's fault, that it's that way.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
" I never stated that, what's occuring on the border isn't wrong, dipstick. I don't like your attitude, that it's LE's fault, that it's that way."

Jeez, Hunter,........don't be like these guys,....losin' their heads,..................

Bwa-ha. You're amusing when you COP ( Bwa-Ha) an attitude, And no FRA given as to who likes or dislikes mine.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080829/wl_afp/mexicocrime

12 decapitated bodies found in Mexico Fri Aug 29, 1:35 AM ET

MERIDA, Mexico (AFP) - Twelve decapitated bodies bearing signs of torture were found Thursday in eastern Mexico, authorities said, adding that they were still looking for the heads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Eleven headless male bodies were found piled on top of each other and covered with blankets in a suburb of the city of Merida, the capital of Yucatan state.

Some of the cadavers also had their legs tied, an AFP photographer saw. One was completely naked, while others wore denim clothing. Some of the murdered men had tattooed arms.

A twelfth body was found in a town called Buctzotz, 70 kilometers (45 miles) northeast of Merida. Its head is also missing.

Jose Guzman, a Yucatan state prosecutor, said the bodies were found by townspeople but that the heads were still missing.

"We believe that the 12 executions were an isolated incident and not part of a strategy to destabilize the state," Guzman told reporters.

A top Mexican public security official who visited Merida recently had noted that the city had remained largely untouched by the drug war that has left more than 2,600 dead in Mexico so far this year.

Just four drug-related murders had been reported in Yucatan state this year, according to El Universal newspaper.

Decapitated bodies have appeared in southern and northern Mexico, and authorities say they are revenge killings between rival drug cartels.

In recent years, drug trafficking gangs have resorted to decapitations and dismemberments against their foes in northern and southern Mexico. Hitmen often leave notes on the bodies indicating it was a drug-related assassination.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All this assing around with personal inuendo gets old,...and it may be that I get first crack at ignore feature, pretty quick.
I've thus far not felt it needed.

I'll probably just quit responding to the Romper room grade jabs,.......outside of material directly pertinent.

Things really are degrading to the point where next thing you know we'l be yelling < " Yeah, ....welll you got a big Nose "

I do have one request though,.... some have noted, Many of these articles are legnthy, and text heavy. "Quoting" them, and bringing all that text back to the screen really loads this site that Rick so dillegently and graciously maintains for us. If your objective is to post a simple short paragraph in response to something of some legnth,....please take the little extra time to Cut and Paste the exact portion of previous text, and respond there-to.

I'm not asking this outta' respect for myself,...and my off the wall opinions,....I'm asking it on behalf of the General Budget for this site,....and Mr. Bin.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This stuff is getting old, it's the same old song everyday. Woe is me, i live on the border, the Mexicans are doing bad things in Mexico, Woe is me.

I think the whole world knows and understands this, i know the majority of the citizens in the US know it also. I can pull up the info. out of EPIC, that you don't even have access to, and read the same stuff.

The majority of folks on here don't respond to it, they've heard it over and over. Posting it on here isn't going to make a difference. I don't think we've got any US House or Senate members at 24Hr.

My main and biggest point is it seems to me, that you blame LE for the issue.

Have you ever served in the military ? The USBP is as all LE agencies para military to a point. They have a chain of command and policy and procedures. The private doesn't tell the general what to do. The same concept applies to LE agencies those folks out in the field, can only make suggestions and recommendations to higher.

The Admin. at USBP within the districts involved can only make suggestions and recommendations to their higher and so on and so forth.

I speak weekly to a USBP supervisor in the El Paso district that, i've known for over twenty years, since serving in the Army together. We discuss the issues in depth, it's what it is, they like the majority of LE agencies, are dealing with it the best they can with the resources that they have.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The word's WOE,......Deputy,....

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh no, welder...... I'll correct that, i didn't realize that besides your other duties, your the spelling and grammer master, so sorry, Oh great one.... I know that you never error!! I'll get right after it.....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Got a suggestion for you Hunter,......post a thread of your own,.......

I'll give you a rough outline of how I'd do it,.....but it's yoour baby

Thread title " Crossfireoops' Border thread Offends Me"

Hi folks, My name is Hunter1960, and in case you didn't know , I'm deeply involved in Law Enforcement ,...and a U.S. Army Veteran.

This "Border thread offends me no end,......would you please write in and answer my Poll "

Those who want it taken Down

VS.

Those who'd just as soon see it stay up

........We don't even know much about him,.....in spite of my continual bombardment of him for complete life story,answers to a bazillion questions, stool and urine specimens,....
ugh,......gak "

Signed Hunter1960, yadda,...."

Last paragraph's spoof,....something you don't do well with,...

But, in all honesty hunter,.....WHY NOT JUST DO THIS ?

I'll quit posting this thread in a HEARTBEAT,......should you rally up a lynch mob saying nix " Meanwhile on the Border".

I'll take an educated guess up front,....you've not balls to do this.............and however you respond to this today, will have swapped ends tomorrow.

One PROVISO.......

If a majority says continue this thread,....you agree to go drink a nice hot mug of STFU, and suck your thumb for a while,....

and quit trashing this effort.

GTC

Page 16 of 36 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.