Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by hunter1960
I think you'ld actually be surprised to the number of illegals who move to Tn. and the SE in general.

This along with an increased economy, which boomed in the housing market, requiring labor in the building trades.

If you check you'll see that some of the fastest growing counties in the nation are in the SE, one of which is in this state.

Oh! by the way, we do make some of the finest sourmash whiskey in the world, don't we.

Yep you are right on the Sour Mash. I love my Jack. Ole Lem Motlow and I are good buddies. I guess I should get off your case as you seem to be justifying and welcoming Illegal Immigration as a needed commodity in your area.
Nevertheless it is late and I am off to bed and hopefully do the dirty dance. You know as Stallone said... "touch uglies"

Last edited by Ruger 4570; 10/05/08.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not welcoming illegals to the area, it's just that we have what draws them. We have jobs, such as labor intense agriculture, and other jobs, that many won't do. We still have employers who look the other way, or don't require documentation and pay under the table in cash.

The larger urban areas of the SE, ICE seems to be trying to control the immigration influx. That's not always the case in the suburbs or rural areas.

If you like Jack, which is made in Moore Co. you should try George Dickel, made in Cascade Hollow, Coffee Co.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
" am not welcoming illegals to the area, it's just that we have what draws them. We have jobs, such as labor intense agriculture, and other jobs, that many won't do. We still have employers who look the other way, or don't require documentation and pay under the table in cash."

............and you Hunter a very pronounced proclivity for "Spin",....and putting words in other folk's mouth.

............the "Skinhead / White Supremacist " crack is particularly telling,....and illustrative of how you view the world.

I'm more than willing to bet that you know,....and hang with some of the "employers" that you mention,.....the use of "We" in referancing trips that hand,.........

Looks like this thread's got it's very own little dork, and will just have to drag it along behind,..........as it progresses.

Dipstick to Super-moron dittos.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Long as the Super-Morons proposal is that the fire harbors racially intolerant skinhead whackos,....let's have a look at some pertinent "Current Events"........

Than he can get back to us with " The Rest of the Story"

Link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/06/refuges-of-crime-and-terror/

WILLIAMS: Refuges of crime and terror
How sanctuary cities endanger national security
Armstrong Williams
Monday, October 6,2008

Allison Shelley/The Washington Times 'INNOCENT CHILDREN': O'Neil Jamieson, 8, whose father was deported to Jamaica in 2004, participates in an outdoor prayer service, candlelight vigil and procession to kick off the sanctuary movement in Kansas City, Mo., in September.

OP-ED:

"BK." Theletters are an acronym for "Black Killer." In Mr. Espinoza's case, the "B" was crossed out. The crossed out "B" means that he has killed black people. For assassins like Mr. Espinoza, part of their gang initiation is to go out and randomly gun down someone who is black.

This and similar incidents should never happen, but obviously they do. Mr. Espinoza, who was also raised in the American juvenile system, should have been deported early on due to his run-ins with the law. Instead, he was allowed to seek refuge in a sanctuary ciity. In many ways, sanctuary cities are a threat to our national security. Illegal immigrants should not have a right to stay in America illegally. They should be fined, given a reasonable time to earn citizenship and monitored or deported. Many legal immigrants will tell you the same. After going through the hard work of earning their citizenship, they recoil at the notion of being associated with such activities. Indeed, legal immigrants consider the sanctuary-city phenomenon as a threat not only to their reputations, but also to their communities. They will tell you that illegal immigrants who commit crimes should not be given sanctuary; they should be jailed or deported.

Not surprisingly, California has more sanctuary cities than any other state - over 30. These sanctuary cities aredestroying people's lives. Somehow, this fact is lost on Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who continues to turn a blind eye to the sanctuary-city phenomenon. Clearly, Mr. Villaraigosa is playing to his base; after all, Los Angeles has the second-highest population of Mexicans behind Mexico City. In fact you will often hear chants from the Mexican community that Los Angeles was stolen from them and that they're determined to take it back by any means necessary. For obvious reasons, Mr. Villaraigosa will never utter a word likely to offend such a large part of his constituency. Meanwhile, sanctuary cities continue to give cover to illegal immigrants who should have been rooted out a long time ago.

Sadly, the Shaw family and many other families are facing an uphill battle in their attempts to rid California of sanctuary cities. Their stories need to be heard so that others who live in potential sanctuary cities will fight back. In San Francisco, for example, police officers and other city officials are prohibited by a voter-approved ordinance from inquiring into anyone's immigration status. Additionally, the city by the bay puts no funding or manpower toward enforcing immigration law unless legally directed to do so via a warrant or federal mandate.

Obviously the liberal city feels good about these ridiculous policies or it wouldn't allow for a law that directly led to the senseless murders of Tony Bologna and his sons just a few months ago. Edwin Ramos, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador and a known member of the Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) street gang, gunned down Mr. Bologna and his sons, Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16, when Mr. Bologna inadvertently blocked Mr. Ramos from making a left-hand turn in the Excelsior District of San Francisco. This was not Mr. Ramos' first brush with the law. The killer was booked on felony weapons charges and for illegal street gang activity earlier this year. But thanks to San Francisco's sanctuary-city status, instead of being reported to federal immigration authorities and deported, Mr. Ramos was allowed to roam the streets of San Francisco until his arrest for the Bologna killings.

Almost as bad, San Francisco has recently been taking juvenile illegal-immigrant criminals and instead of prosecuting or deporting them, sending them to group homes in neighboring counties without notification. As absurd as this sounds, it's true. Not only are San Francisco officials not turning over illegal immigrants as federal law requires, but they are spending taxpayer dollars to house or monitor these criminals, and worse, putting their own citizens at risk.

There is obviously much debate about how to handle the illegal-immigration problem facing America today. But if we can't all agree that illegal immigrants who commit crimes should immediately be jailed or deported, then we need to bring in federal police to do the job that the sanctuary-city police forces are not allowed to do. Too many innocent people are paying the price so that liberals can win their petty political battles. Unfortunately it might take more incidents like the deaths of Messrs. Shaw and Bologna before people wake up and demand justice.

Armstrong Williams' column for The Washington Times appears on Mondays. "The Armstrong Williams Show" is broadcast on WPGC-AM 1580 in Washington and XM Satellite Powe

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
" am not welcoming illegals to the area, it's just that we have what draws them. We have jobs, such as labor intense agriculture, and other jobs, that many won't do. We still have employers who look the other way, or don't require documentation and pay under the table in cash."

............and you Hunter a very pronounced proclivity for "Spin",....and putting words in other folk's mouth.

............the "Skinhead / White Supremacist " crack is particularly telling,....and illustrative of how you view the world.

I'm more than willing to bet that you know,....and hang with some of the "employers" that you mention,.....the use of "We" in referancing trips that hand,.........

Looks like this thread's got it's very own little dork, and will just have to drag it along behind,..........as it progresses.

Dipstick to Super-moron dittos.

GTC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ah! hell, you caught me, i am really a big employer of illegals. The boys and me, "we" got a big new fresh shipment of wetbacks coming in, it'll be a big payday, this week. Your such a dumbass!!

I posted the skinhead/white supreamacy thing, cause it was funny, the dumbass's are causing the Az. LE agencies more problems, then they think they're helping by threatening the illegals and Hispanics.

I thought this was your mass of people, who were going to assist you in your border issue. I view the skinheads/supreamist as they are, pieces of schit.

Like i said, i bet the Mexican drug lords and gangs, are really concerned that Ol'Crossfire is posting stuff on 24CF, i bet it makes them lay low for a while. smile

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All a big joke to you,....ain't it,......?

That's sick,.......

so's this,....

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/10/04/mexico.violence.ap/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

TIJUANA, Mexico (AP) -- Police have found nine more bodies dumped around the Mexican border city of Tijuana, where nearly 50 people have been killed in a week of violence related to the drug trade.

Violence has soared in Mexico since officials began a crackdown on the drug trade nearly two years ago.

Municipal police found five of the bodies Saturday between two small shopping centers in the eastern part of the city. The people had been beaten, and their hands were bound.

The bodies of two beheaded men were found wrapped in blankets on a road elsewhere in the city, according to the Baja California state Attorney General's Office. The heads were in black plastic bags nearby.

A piece of cardboard left by the bodies read: "These are the bricklayer's people." On Monday, a message found with 12 bodies next to a Tijuana elementary school threatened "all of those who are with 'The Engineer.' "

State prosecutor Rommel Moreno has blamed the violence on warring leaders within the Arellano Felix drug gang. More than 400 people have been killed in drug-related violence in the city across from San Diego, California, this year, including at least 49 this week.

Don't Miss
Mexico's Calderon targets drug traffickers
On Friday night, two men were found shot to death in the same empty lot near the elementary school where the 12 bodies were found Monday.

Execution-style killings, beheadings and shootouts have soared across Mexico since the army and federal police intensified their fight against the drug trade nearly two years ago.

In the southern city of Oaxaca, four banners purportedly signed by the Gulf Cartel blamed another drug gang, La Familia, for a September 15 grenade attack that killed eight people during Independence Day celebrations in another Mexican state capital, Morelia.

Police arrested three alleged Gulf Cartel hit men accused of throwing the grenades into crowds of revelers. Messages in the name of La Familia have blamed the Gulf Cartel for the attack.

Police quickly took down the banners. Oaxaca state police commissioner Jorge Quezadas said they were handed over to federal prosecutors for investigation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's see it's taking place inside the country of Mexico. The last time i checked, the US had no authorization in the country of Mexico. If they come into the US, they'll be dealt with as criminals.

Unless you and the mouse in your pocket, plan to enter the country, and overthrow the Govt. and wipe out the gangs and drug lords singlehandedly, not much can or will be done.

"Watch out Mexican bandito's, here comes Super Curmudgoen after you".

Maybe your Az. Senator will temporarily suspend his campaign, and rush back to DC, and get right after it. smile

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe you can take a break,.....

go suck Duck Chit though a skinny soda straw,....or lurk in a BUS STATION WASHROOM,.....punk,....I'm sure you'll foind a good due process case.

Posts like the foregoing,....and PARTICULARLY one like below concern ALL American Voters,.....

........And with a few notable exceptions,....."Agency / LE" activity has done nothing of particular merit,...or effect.
Oh,.....I almost forgot,....you've gotta' crawl under Judicial robes,....and lick,....so that's a platform for "Expertise" ( ? )

So,.....Where's the Damn Fence,....and more to the point,....Where's the MONEY?

GTC

Spreading DHS Propaganda
Reporters Should Begin Asking Questions

Congressional Quarterly -- October 4
Concrete fencing? SBI mesh fencing near Yuma succumbs to shifting sands.

Issues: Immigration: The Jobs Factor
"Many observers suggest that some of the measures that the 110th Congress did approve could come under renewed budgetary scrutiny as their mandates expire � such as the 670-mile stretch of concrete fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border, which was supposed to be completed by the end of 2008, but now is more than $400 million over budget and just barely half-finished."
------------------------------------
Posted by CQ under this story
Glenn Spencer: You say that only half of the 670-mile border fence is finished. As reported yesterday in the Sierra Vista Herald, the DHS has built only 126 miles of fence and it is not concrete - it is a single layer of mostly ineffective mesh fencing. As the pilot of the airplane that surveys the border, I can tell you that the DHS has not been telling the truth about the border fence. You can't be faulted for reporting DHS propaganda.

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/06/08.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You probably ought to ask YOUR longtime US Senator from Az. where's the money? He just voted to spend alot of it, to bail out suits on Wall St. & in banking.

Regarding the building of the fence, it's the same old story it goes to the lowest bid, with some piece of schit contractor, who's going to cut corners and save money.

Again, the quality and quantity of border fence building, is an issue you ought to speak to YOUR Az. Senator about.

Since YOUR Az. Senator, really doesn't give a tinkers damn about the illegal aliens, he wouldn't care if they put up a single strand of barbwire. Don't need much of a fence when YOUR Az. Senator, wants to give them amnesty.

Don't feel bad Cross, the Dem. POTUS candidate, wants to do the same thing. There both POS, and YOUR Az. Senator lives in the state and is aware of the situation.

That's really sad, you Az. citizens got sold out, and continued to send him to DC, to do your bidding.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Today's M3,.....the closing comment from "Norte" is worth taking note of.

Link: http://m3report.wordpress.com/2008/...ased-violence-that-city-is-experiencing/

Creation of a new drug cartel in Tijuana reportedly the cause of increased violence that city is experiencing
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FORMER BORDER PATROL OFFICERS
Visit our website: http://www.nafbpo.org
Foreign News Report

The National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO) extracts and condenses the material that follows from Mexican and Central and South American on-line media sources on a daily basis. You are free to disseminate this information, but we request that you credit NAFBPO as being the provider.

Saturday 10/4/08

El Universal (Mexico City) 10/4/08
- The violence of 43 gruesome execution-style murders this past week in Tijuana, Baja California is due to disputes over the creation of a new drug cartel, according to the state Department of Justice. The confrontation is between the established Arellano F�lix cartel and a breakaway group supported by the Sinaloa cartel. Federal intelligence reports indicate that the Arellano F�lix gang is backed by the Ju�rez cartel and the Beltr�n Leyva brothers who are associated with Los Zetas, the paramilitary hit men.
- A national poll of attitudes in Mexico regarding security and the war on drug traffic was conducted by El Universal with the following results:
- 52% feel that general crime has increased in the past six months;
- 74% consider that drug traffic crime has increased during the same period;
- 31% have experienced some crime against them or their families in the past year;
- 55% consider it likely that some member of their family will be a crime victim in the coming year;
- 53% feel that if they become a victim of crime, no one will be arrested;
- 63% feel that if the criminal is caught, the chance of punishment is �little to none�.
Regarding the government strategy against crime:
- 25 % feel it has had a positive effect;
- 27% believe it has had no effect;
- 42% believe it has created more insecurity.
Nevertheless, there is a vote of confidence toward the authorities with half feeling they should persevere in the war against drug traffic, but 27% believe it would be better to negotiate with the narcotraffickers.
�������
El Universo (Guayaquil, Ecuador) 10/4/08

October�s first charter flight of deportees arrived at the airport in Guayaquil, Ecuador on Oct. 3rd and brought ninety-one Ecuadorans who had been deported from the United States. [Note: a continuing considerable figure for a rather small country.]
����

El Heraldo (Tegucigalpa, Honduras) 10/4/08

The article begins : �Honduran families continue to suffer mourning because of the �American dream� .�
(The article goes on to comment on the accidental death of a young Honduran while riding a freight train in Mexico en route to the United States. The attached photo accompanied the article.)

�������
Milenio (Mexico City) 10/4/08
Gulf Cartel narco-banners appeared in the city of Oaxaca, state of Oaxaca, offering rewards for locating members of the rival cartel �La Familia� and threatening vengeance for the September 15 bombing in Morelia, Michoac�n. State officials are concerned and hope to avoid Oaxaca becoming a �new Michoac�n,� a state with a high level of crime violence.
�������
Sunday 10/5/08
La Hora (Guatemala City, Guatemala) 10/5/08

[The last paragraph of the main editorial follows]:
Without a doubt, the most important issue is to break the umbilical cord between the National Civil Police and the gangs of criminals who operate in the country; there�s no doubt that there has been at least cooperation and protection for them on the part of agents and chiefs of police, and that allows them to be able to operate not only without punishment but even in a high handed way because they know that they have in their favor the backing of those who ought to be prosecuting them. This is the first and most important step that a plan that offers security to the citizenry must have. Many things can be expected after that, but the first thing is that our agents not be people working on behalf of crime.
����
El Universal (Mexico city) 10/5/08
Mexican authorities at the airport in Guadalajara, Jalisco seized a shipment of 7.2 million pseudoephedrine pills from an Air France plane arriving from Calcutta, India. The drug is a component that can be used in making methamphetamine and was ordered eliminated last year by Mexico.
�������
La Cr�nica de Hoy (Mexico City) 10/5/08
Federal Police in Mexico City arrested Pedro Antonio Berm�dez, alias El Arquitecto, the presumed leader of the Sinaloa Cartel and linked to the trafficking of drugs from Colombia to Mexico. Berm�dez, who has at least nine aliases, is linked to the jet plane that crashed in Yucat�n in September, 2007 loaded with nearly four tons of cocaine.
�������
Monday 10/6/08
El Universal (Mexico City) 9/6/08
Gonzalo Marroqu�n, president of the Commission of Free Press and Information of the Inter-America Press Society (SIP) is calling for Mexican authorities to approve laws that punish crimes against journalists at the federal level. Mexico is the most dangerous country in the Western Hemisphere to practice journalism, he asserts. Juan Fernando Healy, director of the Healy News Group, pointed out during the assembly of the SIP in Madrid, Spain, that in six months, three journalists have become victims of murders because of the crime violence in Mexico. The opening statement in today�s editorial read: �Would Mexico be better if the activities of organized crime were not reported? That is what criminals seek who assassinate journalists �� It continues in part, �It is not that we in the news media claim an impossible status of impunity from criminals, it is that they seek to destroy a substantive freedom that is a constitutional right: free press and the right of the citizenship to know what is happening, why it occurred and what is being done to correct the situation, that is, to restore order and live in peace.�
�������
El Diario en L�nea (Chihuahua) 10/6/08
Federal Police agents destroyed three fields containing 900,000 marihuana plants near Namiquipa, Chihuahua [center of the state]. The fields covered a total of 25 acres.
�������
El Porvenir (Monterrey, Nuevo Le�n) 10/6/08
Mexico�s National Commission for Human Rights (CNDH) reports an increase in kidnappings of undocumented migrants. They assert that the kidnappings are linked to ex-police and crime groups who count on the complicity of the authorities of the states of Tabasco, Veracruz, Oaxaca and Chiapas for impunity. In many cases, the families of the migrants are subjected to extortion in order to gain freedom for their relatives.
�������
Milenio (Mexico City) 10/6/08
In 12 cities in the state of M�xico, extortion and the selling of protection to business owners is a daily event. Investigations indicate most of the crime is committed by the crime organization �La Familia.� State enforcement officials estimate that there are up to 50 calls per day to business owners demanding money in exchange for security. According to police, restaurants will likely become the next victims. [The state surrounds the Federal District. ]
�������
Norte (Ciudad Ju�rez, Chihuahua) 10/6/08
A rise in crime is anticipated by border towns such as Cd. Ju�rez as a result of increased deportations from the US and voluntary repatriations due to the financial insecurity in the US. Unemployment rates of undocumented Latinos has increased in the US, causing many to return home.
������-
-end of report-

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I know that this is just fuel for roaming wierdo fire,.....and could give less of a fat Rat's azz,....

cuz' THIS,...is what I'm taLKIN' ABOUT
Punks NEED NOT APPLY,.....

sucking duck chit from their "Judicial Rulers" bottoms may have deluded them,....certainly, at the very least

Click the link and READ the head's up.

Damn good thing that he don't work for "HSA"

.........DP,......?

Link: http://www.americanpatrol.com/ABP/NEWS/2008-UP/081007-FenceFibs.html

October 7, 2008

This is a follow-up of today's Photo of the Day. To show just how ridiculous the Department of Homeland Security can be, we submit this graphic.

Note that although some new fencing has been installed along the border just West of El Paso, most of the 2.42 miles is old chain-link fence that is short and easily climbed. Not only that, the segment of the border that the chain link fence is supposed to protect is closest to a populated area. If DHS was serious about protecting the border they would have replace this useless fence, but we know they are not serious.

LINK: http://www.americanpatrol.com/ABP/NEWS/2008-UP/081007-FenceFibs.html

October 7, 2008

This is a follow-up of today's Photo of the Day. To show just how ridiculous the Department of Homeland Security can be, we submit this graphic.

Note that although some new fencing has been installed along the border just West of El Paso, most of the 2.42 miles is old chain-link fence that is short and easily climbed. Not only that, the segment of the border that the chain link fence is supposed to protect is closest to a populated area. If DHS was serious about protecting the border they would have replace this useless fence, but we know they are not serious.

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/07/08.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
AWwwwww,....c'mon,....click the graphic.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know why you continue to make silly comments regarding judicial procedure/due process? In this country LE/prosecution, must follow judicial procedure/due process. If we don't citizens such as yourself, will raise hell.

Please explain something to me, one minute you skoff at due process & judicial procedure by LE. But then as a citizen, if you were facing criminal charges, you'ld demand it. Why do you feel that there should be, two different standards??

It appears to me that DHS or USBP isn't building the fence. You continue to blame them, they're not the ones who are physically doing the work. From what i've been able to determine, is that a contractor is building the fence. The plans had been set and the job was bid and the contractor contracted.

You don't know 100% that the contractor, won't come back and install new fencing on top of the old. Why don't you wait until the work is done, before you place blame, as to something your not 100% sure of. You don't know if subcontractors are involved or if it's a material shortage issue or something else.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You, ....are a pile of Dog - Chit,...lookin' for a place to coil,

.................infamous, here.

Wanna' fight,...buckarroo?

just quit wasting bandwidth,.....

go chase down a bicycle reflector violation ,

or something,..

leave this to the adults ( curmudgeons)

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's wrong? You get asked a question and you get offensive. What your so almighty and important that you can't be asked a question?

I asked you politely, why you skoff at due process and judicial procedure? Peace officers, lawmen, LEO's, whatever you want to call them, along with prosecutors, and others in the judicial process, have to go by due process and judicial procedure.

If we don't follow due process and judicial procedure, we violate civil rights, which is wrong.

I could pretty well bet, if you were facing criminal charges, you'ld demand that your civil rights and due process and judical procedure, was followed to the letter of the law.

Why is it that you feel that others shouldn't be afforded the same rights? Could you please explain your reasoning?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Tancredo's common sense,........

God bless him

Link: http://www.coloradostatesman.com/content/why-are-we-failing-deport-criminal-aliens

Guest Columns
TANCREDO: COLORADO'S CRIMINAL ALIENS, PART 2
Why are we failing to deport criminal aliens?
10/03/2008
column_kicker:
TANCREDO: COLORADO'S CRIMINAL ALIENS, PART 2
Colorado has a serious problem with thousands of illegal aliens who cycle through our jail system and encounter local law enforcement in traffic stops but are seldom referred to the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) for possible deportation.

The problem is not that the system is broken. The problem is that there is no system.

State lawmakers have enacted only weak palliatives that are further diluted through lax enforcement. The bills passed in the July 2006 special session of the Legislature have yet to be seriously enforced, and the 2003 Secure and Verifiable ID Act never has been applied to all state agencies and benefits.

And what is Gov. Bill Ritter�s response? He has appointed a new committee to study the problem � an Immigration Working Group. The first question the new IWG should answer is this: If current laws are not being enforced, what value would there be in passing new laws?

Senate Bill 06-090, enacted in 2006, removed obstacles police have faced in contacting ICE when they have probable cause to believe an alleged offender is in the country illegally. In the Aurora incident, the illegal alien charged with the crime already had been arrested 16 times and had been in custody twice (in Denver and in Aurora) but never had been referred to ICE. Most of his arrests were for traffic violations, and calls to ICE from patrol cars are unlikely to identify a person as an illegal alien if he has no prior deportations and no felony warrants.

The Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA), the state agency charged with monitoring and enforcing SB 06-090, reports that Denver made only 2,088 reports to ICE in 2007. Of that total, 1,979 (95 percent) were contacts by the county jail, not by Denver police. But 2,088 is not a large number in the context of 18,117 total jail bookings and a metro Denver illegal alien population of more than 75,000.

Only a trained ICE agent who interviews a suspect in jail can determine that person�s immigration status with any certainty. That�s why cities and counties across the country are turning to the federal �287(g) authority� to deal with the problem. A 287(g) agreement with ICE allows sheriff deputies who staff the jail to be trained and deputized to conduct interviews and place immigration holds on suspects.

A full legislative audit of compliance with SB 06-090 is needed to discover if the legislative intent is being accomplished. However, full implementation of that law is only one tool in controlling illegal alien crime. It is painfully clear that we need other measures as well.

Here are some proposals that can help get the debate headed in the right direction:

1. If a person is driving with a foreign driver�s license that can�t be verified or with no valid ID whatsoever, that should be �probable cause� for an arrest and a referral to ICE. Immigration status can be determined only after a suspect is arrested, his true identity is established and his �rap sheet� is examined.

2. All second-offense DUI violators who have no valid driver�s license or a foreign license that cannot be verified � no matter whether the license is from Canada, Germany, Mexico or wherever � ought to be taken into custody and held for up to 72 hours of scrutiny by ICE.

3. Under current law, any foreign driver�s license is invalid after 90 days if a person takes up employment in Colorado. Yet, law enforcement agencies � and courts � routinely ignore that part of the law. That loophole must be closed, perhaps by requiring all persons intending to use a foreign driver�s license to have that document validated by Department of Motor Vehicles and stamped with an expiration date.

4. The state should triple the size of the Colorado State Patrol�s immigration enforcement unit, taking it from 22 to 66 troopers and expanding its mandate beyond the crime of human trafficking. Formed in 2006, the unit has achieved solid success in its first year but needs three times that manpower to adequately cover even the state�s major highway corridors.

Colorado could easily triple the number of criminal aliens deported out of Colorado�s local jails through a working partnership with the federal ICE agency in the form of 287(g) contracts. Arapahoe County and several other Front Range counties are giving that idea serious consideration. The state should support such agreements by covering their upfront training costs.

There is much Colorado lawmakers can do to make Colorado less attractive to criminal aliens � and to assure that the ones already here are deported. What we can�t afford to do is continue to blame the federal government or wait for it to secure the borders. If the governor will not lead this effort, others will surely step forward.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's done well on immigration issues. Are you aware that he voted "YEA" on the bailout bill?

The proposals are good ones, they just have to be sold to the state legislator folks, who hold the purse strings for the money, they require additional funding to make it happen.

These same ideas should be implemented everywhere, at the present time, they're not. They don't seem too favorable for the future either. Immigration isn't the big issue, on every citizens or legislators, minds at the present moment.

You can argue, that delaying immigration response is wrong. That it's an important issue, and should be dealt with quickly. Sadly the truth is, it's not at the top of the "honeydo list" in many state govenments or the Fed. house/senate.

Is it an important issue, YES it is, but unless you can get legislators collectively to work on the issue, not much will be accomplished.

I am not picking on you personnaly when i say this, but the border states continue to send US Rep's and Sen's to DC, over and over every four years. How many of them are "Mavericks" about immigration reform? How many of them fight "tooth and nail' on both sides of the aisle, to secure the border and other immigration issues?

Think about the US Sen's that are in the senate from border states (four SW states= 8 senators). How about all the US Rep's from the border states, i won't even try to guess that number.

If they'ld try to collectively work together you folks in the border states, would probably be further ahead on issues related to the border then you are now.

How many years have have border states continued to repeatedly send the same folks to DC?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Potpouri of scum"

....intersesting and forthright syntax

Link: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsIE-UFw5_bhsz9A-BMzwydnDlkgD93MGFB80

US officials fear terrorist links with drug lords
By CURT ANDERSON � 1 day ago

MIAMI (AP) � There is real danger that Islamic extremist groups such as al-Qaida and Hezbollah could form alliances with wealthy and powerful Latin American drug lords to launch new terrorist attacks, U.S. officials said Wednesday.

Extremist group operatives have already been identified in several Latin American countries, mostly involved in fundraising and finding logistical support. But Charles Allen, chief of intelligence analysis at the Homeland Security Department, said they could use well-established smuggling routes and drug profits to bring people or even weapons of mass destruction to the U.S.

"The presence of these people in the region leaves open the possibility that they will attempt to attack the United States," said Allen, a veteran CIA analyst. "The threats in this hemisphere are real. We cannot ignore them."

Added U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration operations chief Michael Braun: "It is not in our interest to let that potpourri of scum to come together."

Their comments came at a two-day conference on the illegal drug threat in the Americas hosted by the U.S. Southern Command and the 35,000-member AFCEA International, a trade group for communications, intelligence and national security companies.

Much as the Taliban tapped Afghanistan's heroin for money, U.S. officials say the vast profits available from Latin American cocaine could provide al-Qaida and others with a ready source of income. The rebel group known as the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, has long used drug money to pay for weapons, supplies and operations � and is also designated as a terrorist organization by the U.S.

"We've got a hybrid that has developed right before our eyes," Braun said.

Latin America's drug kingpins already have well-established methods of smuggling, laundering money, obtaining false documents, providing safe havens and obtaining illicit weapons, all of which would be attractive to terrorists who are facing new pressures in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Allen, of the Homeland Security Department, said there was currently a "low probability" of cooperation between terrorists and drug organizations, but the "fertile ground" of Latin America � where government corruption is common and institutions often weak � means that the possibility deserves renewed U.S. attention.

"It would be an unprecedented act. But we cannot rule it out," he said.

The officials said the key to preventing such an alliance is increasing cooperation between government agencies and with nations in the region. They singled out for praise the governments of Mexico and Colombia for making huge strides against drug groups, while criticizing Venezuela for its failure to do so.

Braun said the DEA can be a particularly critical component because of its wide use of human informants and telephone wiretaps to track those in the drug trade. Those sources often provide tips about other types of crime and could be key to identifying terrorists in Latin America.

"They use the same money launderers, the same document forgers," he said. "You are naturally going to bump up against terrorist organizations."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's very true about the possibility of the drug cartels and terrorist groups joining forces. That's one of the missions of the US Army Southern Command, to attempt to keep an eye on both groups. This intell. gathering has been going on for quite a few years now.

I had a former platoon leader, who's now a LTC, that i talk to on a regular basis. He was assigned to Southern Command years ago, and that was one of the threats, that they have been concerned with for many years.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Progress,....?

95% conviction rate's hard to argue.

Link: http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_ne...g-arrests-in-latest-doj-crime-stats.aspx

Immigration Arrests Exceed Drug Arrests in Latest DOJ Crime Stats The War on Illegal Immigration is yielding more federal arrests than the War on Drugs, according to new figures from the Department of Justice.
Twenty-seven percent (27%) of all arrests by the U.S. Marshals service were for immigration offenses in 2005, the latest year from which data was available. Immigration arrests rose nearly 15% in the decade from 1995-2005.
By comparison, drug arrests accounted for 24% of the total, growing at just three percent over the decade.
The increase in immigration arrests can also be seen in the geographic breakdown of the Bureau of Justice Statistics report: Of the 93 federal judicial districts, just five districts along the U.S.-Mexico border in the Southwest accounted for 40% of all the federal apprehensions. Nearly a quarter of all bookings came in the Southern and Western districts of Texas.

Lots of activity in the Southwest

For the suspects detained on immigration charges in 2005 who fought the law, the law won --- at a much higher rate than drug or violent offenders. Over 95% of the immigration cases ended with a guilty plea or conviction.

Another noteworthy item in the DOJ report: The number of people sentenced to federal prison doubled from 1995 to 2005, placing 375,000 people under federal confinement of some kind.

The DOJ figures in this report are three years old, of course. But recent news suggests the trends have continued, perhaps even accelerated.

The full report is available at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/fjs05.htm

Reeling 'em in

Published Oct 09 2008, 11:34 AM by Mark Malseed | Email | Print

� Previous Post Next Post �

Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 358wsm, 10Glocks, 907brass, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,391 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,928
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.