Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Why the tracking with cookies? Ever visit I make I get hung with two tracking cookies. It does get old finding them and deleting the cookies after each visit here.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
GB1

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
you can't log-in without a cookie. it's just the way the internet works.

also, you need a cookie for the software to remember what you've read and what you haven't.

there are likely more - having to do with Ads - but these can be blocked.

just set FF to delete all cookies upon exit - or never log-in.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tracking cookies are about advertising, advertising is about spam, I don't want. A log in cookie is fine with me and deleting tracking cookies is not. In other words, I do not like my IPS address sold to anyone.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
then hide your IP address...

wait as i recall you don't like vinegar either...

Last edited by byc; 07/22/09. Reason: add

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Your right about the vinegar when added to Chile peppers.

How do you hide and IPS address?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree , vinegar is just plain nasty stuff when over added to anything I want to pass over my tongue .
I did find a habanero sauce that is not vinegar heavy .

The "Wango Tango" stuff is awesome !!!!

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/browseProducts.php

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What about the other two? Are they just as good?

And thanks for the link.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you can order a sampler pack somewhere in that link.
Main thing I look for is where the vinegar is on the list of ingredients , first and it goes back on the shelf , last I'll give it a try .
They sell them nationally check your local stores , bbq places and hot shops .
They started just a couple miles away from here .

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/syrIndex.php

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Tracking cookies are about advertising, advertising is about spam, I don't want. A log in cookie is fine with me and deleting tracking cookies is not. In other words, I do not like my IPS address sold to anyone.

Please explain to me how you'd get spam from someone knowing your IP address. Be very detailed in your explanation as I'm quite curious.

Scott

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Data miners is the one that harvest emails and other info from your computer. Download a free version of Adaware and run it often to get rid of these pests.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Please explain to me how you'd get spam from someone knowing your IP address. Be very detailed in your explanation as I'm quite curious.

Scott

Scott, do you ask this because spam is delivered to your email and an IP address alone gives no ref to an email address? Could you explain just what can be done with an IP address by a human rather than between computers?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any place you visit on the net , your IP is right out there , no way to avoid that.

edit : I'll add something to my sig line . It doesn't want to show up on a post.

Last edited by M1894; 07/22/09.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm not trying to get rid of spam, nor adware, nor viruses.

I'm merely interested in hearing how 3sixbits thinks that he'll get more spam because some person/organization knows his IP address.

Scott

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by M1894
Any place you visit on the net , your IP is right out there , no way to avoid that.

edit : I'll add something to my sig line . It doesn't want to show up on a post.

Know what I had for lunch?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
I'm not trying to get rid of spam, nor adware, nor viruses.

I'm merely interested in hearing how 3sixbits thinks that he'll get more spam because some person/organization knows his IP address.

Scott

Well you can do as I do, see this link for help. Once I used this before I shut off this machine I run a scan. I get one or two spams a day, down from dozens before I used the cleaning.

Link

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I do believe one is free to leave the site also.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly - Rick has a pretty good niche here and not a single spam email I have received in the last 6 years has ever been remotely connected to the demographic here.

I am seriously doubting he is selling IP addresses. (even if a guy could use an IP address to get someone's email address to spam him)

Me

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Cookies, schmookies...

I try to go to Dinosaurs on the river every time I am here,,, errr, on travel in Rochester. I need to go tomorrow night...thanks for the reminder. The hotels around here, Homewood suites etc are all giving GOOD food for dinner to lure us to stay....but I need a fix of TRES HOMBRES with pepper corn and chili for sides.

You have 1000 posts and just realized cookies are used here?

Allen

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
I do believe one is free to leave the site also.

Is that the only solution? Did that end the tracking cookies for you?

Welcome back, by the way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Cookies, schmookies...

I try to go to Dinosaurs on the river every time I am here,,, errr, on travel in Rochester. I need to go tomorrow night...thanks for the reminder. The hotels around here, Homewood suites etc are all giving GOOD food for dinner to lure us to stay....but I need a fix of TRES HOMBRES with pepper corn and chili for sides.

You have 1000 posts and just realized cookies are used here?

Um , no nothing new to me about the cookies .

Try the chicken diablo at the dino . good stuff

Allen

Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1badf350, 160user, 1911a1, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 14,637 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,071
Posts18,541,300
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.