Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the Bay Bridge, from Oakland to SF, was partly built in China, and being assembled on site.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1800's Rail Roads

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Shovel Ready huh? Pay up and Shut up. This is what your elected reps want so that is what they are going to get. The only thing you will get is the bill. LMAO smile smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Worked for the Panama Canal, SF Bay bridge and not to mention our railroads and for lower costs.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They get the contract, they do the build.

gov worked long and hard to set the stage for foreigners to enjoy all the benefits of productivity. In this "global economy" wet dream of theirs we're all so well to do that we don't need or want such menial labor anyway, and are happy with our "service sector" businesses.

Anyone believe the chicoms carry all the insurance policies you or I would have to to do this job? Have teams of lawyers on retainer for every little thing that comes up? Anyone think osha is out there measuring every ladder and checking every boot for steel toes like if it were your or my job sight? epa breathing down their neck looking for a leaky hydrolic cylinder? Then there's retirement programs to consider, how many chinese have an ira? Think these chinese belong to a union and 75 an hour to stand around and bicker about whose job it is to mop the floor or sit at the breakroom table playing cards and drinking coffee?
I could go on and on. So could you.

It's no longer about how impossible it is to compete with foreign labor markets and jobs moving out, now, just as was predicted 30 or 40 years ago, they're moving in.

America is being invaded from every point on the globe. And every invasion, whether work force or welfare recipient, or trained MD or meth mule, has been invited and had the way paved by your beloved government.
"We're with the government. We're here to help."

So keep bickering about how bad Palin's voice sounds or how bad Paul's suit fits, keep defending against attack after attack from the liberal left on everything from butt humping to save the wolf to don't be mean to the animals to outlawing guns, to..... etc etc..... and watch as your country, your prosperity, your hard won freedoms, and your next generation are sucked down to second world status. Then third.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh,
And keep bickering about how McRomney is conservative enough for Team GOP and nobody wants any real conservaitves or pro-constutionalists in government.

Just keep on keeping on.
Everything is going to be just fine.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A lot of the structural steel we buy for our projects world wide comes from China. Early one we had to do a lot of work with a few suppliers there helping them improve their quality, understand our spec's, etc., and we still keep resident QA folks of our own in the shops but we have saved huge money in doing so. They also do a good job of meeting schedule committments.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 24 invisible), 974 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,250
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.