Good to hear Terry. I miss his posts. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by T LEE
I do for one.

Hell Tim, I would even miss you around the 'fire! smile smile smile

I'd miss you to Terry.

VA not so much. Didn't even know he was gone. He and I have had some serious words. Once on my chit list it's pretty hard to get off of it.

might look at why, ive spent a number of hours talking with him on the phone, nothing but a pleasant, helpful individual.....ever think it could be you?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get occasional emails from Sean, which I'm delighted to see. I've known him as a Campfire poster, and as a hunting friend. They do not come any better.

Sean is smart, articulate and knowledgeable. He does not suffer fools well, and that is another of his attributes.

The only shortcoming I've seen with him is that he won't let me have his dog, Scotch. Can't figure that one out.

Steve

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The one I have now is a No 4 Mk I BSA 1944 model with not many matching #s but it's a good shooter.

"Sigh"... one of the guns I traded was a 1944 BSA with matching numbers, a #1 bolt head AND it was a good shooter shocked There's no pleasing some folks though, ever since passing on the Irish contracts still in wraps for $300 when they first arrived like 10 + years ago I had been kicking myself ever since.

But at the time I had at least four Enfields already crazy The 1944 BSA was the one I chose to keep when I sold them off/gave them away.

Still wanted a brand-new one tho, worse than I wanted the 1944.
One of these years I'm gonna attach a leather cheek pad and a replica scop and mount and make a "T" version out of it cool

Thanks for the tip about the ammo, I stil have an original bandolier w/loaded clips of good milsurps but factory ammo is about the only quality stuff left out there nowadays.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
I get occasional emails from Sean, which I'm delighted to see. I've known him as a Campfire poster, and as a hunting friend. They do not come any better.

Sean is smart, articulate and knowledgeable. He does not suffer fools well, and that is another of his attributes.

+1 and agree 100% Sean is a good guy...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once on my chit list it's pretty hard to get off of it.

I wouldn't want to be any other place.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DINK
I have made derby's list... grin

But he still thinks enough of me to post about me all the time. That's just creepy...

Dink

Derby Dud is as creepy as it GETS.

Mouthiness + Mental Illness

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bearstalker
I do for one.

I'd miss you to Terry.

VA not so much. Didn't even know he was gone. He and I have had some serious words. Once on my chit list it's pretty hard to get off of it.

You're a sack of schitt though and wouldn't be missed one bit. Luckily, you're dumb [bleep] ass only posts in the campfire section.

Wrong,....The "DUD" landed in the BPCR forum for a while, made lots of "I assume" and I presume" comments,.....along with some INCREDIBLY ill informed call outs.

Than decided he needed another 1911 Colt more than a BPCR.

No shame, whatsoever, the stupid azzwhole.

None.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/14/12.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler
I do for one.

I'd miss you to Terry.

might look at why, ive spent a number of hours talking with him on the phone, nothing but a pleasant, helpful individual.....ever think it could be you?

Nope and it's not Sean either. We just have personalities that conflict.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We just have personalities that conflict.

Sean has one and you don't?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JOG
We just have personalities that conflict.

Sean has one and you don't?

We all have personalities. And not everybody gets along even in the best of families.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Count the use of the Phrases , "I assume" and , I presume", that the DUD has posted recently.

For just a while, "Swampman" had a running bud (DUD).

As noted, mental illness + mouthiness.......personified.

The phrase, "Less than endearing" springs immediately to mind.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who cares?
I do-and hope he's well. I know others have had words with Sean, but he's been nothing but top shelf all the way with me.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sean's welcome at my camp any time. We actually were trying to put together a hunt for Pennsylvania's gun season for this fall.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sean ever finds his way to Wa he is welcome in my home any time. Hell I will even tell him to have at the liquor cabinet, tell him my safe code in case he feels the need to pop some primers and tell him where to find the fly rods in case the creek down the road calls to him.

Funny thing is I have never met the man or talked to him on the phone. My only interactions have been via threads or a few rare pms yet still I'm sure my odds are good that my gear would be well cared for and I would find myself richer for the experience.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by RISJR
Once on my chit list it's pretty hard to get off of it.
================

It keeps me up at night thinking about it.

Where do I sign up?

Watch out. He might contract one them Ron Paul fairy hit squads to take you out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,902
Posts18,498,107
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.