Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
SCOTUS refused to accept an appeal by the ACLU in regards to the Wisconsin Voter ID law, which means that the appeal's court ruling that the law is constitutional stands.

This is going to have a HUGE impact, and provides a template for voter ID laws for other states.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/03/23/surprise-scotus-approves-wisconsin-voter-id-law/

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left intact a new Republican-backed law in Wisconsin that requires voters to present photo identification when they cast ballots.

The court declined to hear an appeal filed by the American Civil Liberties Union, which challenged the law. …

A federal judge blocked the state’s voter ID law in March 2012 soon after it took effect and entered a permanent injunction in April, finding the measure would deter or prevent a substantial number of voters who lack photo identification from casting ballots, and place an unnecessary burden on the poor and minorities.

The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals blocked the decision and subsequently ruled in October that the law was constitutional. Wisconsin’s Supreme Court upheld the voter ID law in a separate ruling.

Wait? Did I hear a loud "Pop!"? Must have been Eric Holder's head exploding. grin grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Next thing I hope is....'drug testing' before receipt of food stamps or other welfare!!

Stop promoting 'whoreism' by paying $$$$ for more children out of wedlock!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Outstanding. The Good Guys win one!! smile

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This is the best news I've heard from the SCOTUS for a while. Hope the next is the death of zero care.

From the article:
This will put a huge dent in the Obama administration’s efforts to squelch voter-ID laws in other states. In order to grant certiorari, the ACLU would have needed four justices to vote to add it to the docket. The fact that they couldn’t even move the liberal wing to unite against a voter-ID law shows that the justices consider the issue settled. Requirements for identification at polling stations are legitimate, in the eyes of the court, as long as enough options for no-cost qualifying ID exist to keep the poor from being disenfranchised.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Liberals will have a hell of a time winning elections now!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
This is the best news I've heard from the SCOTUS for a while.

Don't celebrate too soon. It's a win, but it could also be that SCOTUS is simply waiting for two different Appeals courts to issue differing opinions. On a voting rights case I wouldn't expect them to wait if they felt the case was actually disenfranchising voters. But if another Appeals court shoots down Voter ID as unconstitutional then SCOTUS will almost surely take an appeal in order to resolve the conflict.

So not taking it is very good, but it's not a permanent win either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He that's great, but I've got a question or two...

In La., you have to register to vote and are mailed a voter registration card. We have to show this card to vote. This card has you precinct on it, and you have to be in the precinct registration book to vote. This card also has your voting place on it. If you go to another voting place, you cant vote and your name will not be in their registration book.

Do other states require this?

When we vote, we have to sign the registration book, next to our typed name. Once signed, that person can not vote again in that election.

Do other states do this?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sounds like talking out of both sides of your mouth. So they made a ruling but it's not a rule? I don't get it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Oldman03

In La., you have to register to vote and are mailed a voter registration card. We have to show this card to vote. This card has you precinct on it, and you have to be in the precinct registration book to vote. This card also has your voting place on it. If you go to another voting place, you cant vote and your name will not be in their registration book.

When we vote, we have to sign the registration book, next to our typed name. Once signed, that person can not vote again in that election.

Do other states do this?

Verbatim.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Florida USED to require Voter ID cards, but no longer. All you have to do now is show up, show your regular ID, or if you don't have that, just SAY you are registered.
At that point, the clerk is supposed to call HQ and check, but in the dhimmicrat stronghold of Gainesville, unless I, or another Poll Watcher demands it, they just let 'em vote.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Florida USED to require Voter ID cards, but no longer. All you have to do now is show up, show your regular ID, or if you don't have that, just SAY you are registered.
At that point, the clerk is supposed to call HQ and check, but in the dhimmicrat stronghold of Gainesville, unless I, or another Poll Watcher demands it, they just let 'em vote.

So that's how they can vote more than once.

Always wondered about that!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Sounds like talking out of both sides of your mouth. So they made a ruling but it's not a rule? I don't get it.

The Supreme Court didn't make a ruling, the Appeals Court did. So that ruling stands as law - but only for that Appeals Court district. For example, it's not law in Nebraska. We go to a different Appeals court.

It's a win in that it is now law in Wisconsin and it will apply in 2016. And it's a win in that there aren't at least 4 hardcore liberals on the Supreme Court who want to rule now that Voter ID is unconstitutional off the top of their head. They could have accepted it now with 4 justices agreeing to... but they didn't. So the odds of it being a win in the long term just jumped a lot for conservatives, and went down for liberals.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That Scott Walker - what has he ever done for Wisconsin?

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Do other states do this?

Yes, Mississippi does.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The rest of the states need to scramble and pass the exact same law. Well, the ones that care about the process anyway. The usual suspects can pretty much be written off at this point.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
now if we could get a high court to rule that you have to be a Us citizen to be elected potus we could perhaps survive as a nation.(sarcasm).

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Do other states do this?

Same in Missouri. But no picture id. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Next thing I hope is....'drug testing' before receipt of food stamps or other welfare!!

Stop promoting 'whoreism' by paying $$$$ for more children out of wedlock!!

Damn Mr., you struck a nerve with me on that one. It needed to happen---yesterday if not decades ago. The rule should be this: you on public assistance? NO welfare check (or food stamps---no aid of any kind) without passing a urine test---and that includes prescription opiates unless there is incontrovertible evidence you have chronic pain requiring prescription opiate meds. And then you should get welfare for one year max and two years lifetime.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by teal
That Scott Walker - what has he ever done for Wisconsin?

I'm hoping he can do it for the rest of the U.S.!

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Finally...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (albertan, 300_savage, AdventureBound, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 13,806 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,335
Posts18,546,248
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.