Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Growing up helping around the house was not an option, it was a part of life, period. When my kids were growing up helping around the house was not an option, now with my granddaughter (9 years) helping around the house is not an option.

The boy was obviously taught helping around the house was an option for him, and it is harder to unlearn something than to learn it. Between his Mother and yourself he should be told and directed as to what to is expected of him and consequences of not doing as expected, no, not physical punishment. If you both get on board it can change.

I am thinking the boy and his ways are your way out of something you do not want to be in, and your title tells the tale.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by high_country_

I know I run pretty wide on the prickish side

This may be the problem

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't your divorce final a year ago or so?

Already shacking up. With kids. On both sides.

I think you moved a wee fast chief...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pira114
Could be a chance at saving him. Take him fishin? Can you take him to a forest road to start driving? I'd seriously try to force him to do something, but it would be something I could do with him. Then maybe sit with him once in a while and play a video game. Some if the fishing and hunting video games are not horrible. Common ground is what I'm getting at.

far and away your best option

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What are the circumstances with his father; dead, divorced, how long ago etc. the kid could be grieving to the point of depression. Everyone deals with things differently.

I am guessing his whole life has been up rooted and everything he has known ripped apart. Put yourself if his shoes, eventually you will find the answer.

As long as he isn't on dope, and cross dressing, there is hope

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also raised two step kids so I know the deal.

You're trying to make the 15 yo the person YOU want him to be, He is who he is.

Limit the electronics, and accept him for who he is. In time he may change, but that will be his own doing.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'd guess mom may have a pinch of responsibility...
Doesn't sound like she's interested in his health.
No way that the physical and mental health is iuneffected when a growing, devolping young man is staring into a box pretending to be in an imaginary world for multiple hours on end.
Absolutely detrimental and not taken as serious as it is.
If we strapped monkeys into chairs and forced them to watch video games for that many hours it would be classified as cruelty.
But when we allow a child to do it to themselves...a child who doesn't make decisions based in long term benefit...

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Kids complicate things. We both have 2, mine are 4&8, hers are 5&15. The young ones are awesome....15, I am struggling with. I cannot get him to get off the dang couch. He wants to do nothing but play video games all day.....like from 7pm Friday night thru 8am Monday he spent less than an hour out of his room and zero time outside. We tripped a few trees in the yard, mowed, cleaned up Yada Yada. ....and he did nothing. I told her he can be lazy, but he can't be lazy here.

Which went over poorly.

I have a gun collection that most men would sell their wives for, I bought a ktm 200 for him to ride, snowmobile. ....nothing will get him outside. He has taken up guitar. ....which made it worse.

I told them if he can't find something productive to do that benefits someone else, that he will be able to count how many #00 bucks there are in a 12 ga by counting the holes in the TV he so loves. This was rather poorly received by mom.

I know I run pretty wide on the prickish side, but I just want the kid to do SOMETHING so I can say, "I'm proud of you"....but it isn't gonna happen.

No more city kids for this guy....

WTF? Did you not just get divorced within the past year? I'm pretty sure, strike that, I'm POSITIVE I wouldn't be shacking up with some broad and her kids after having a recent divorce.

Get a [bleep] dog.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All kids are different and welcome to the world of teenagers. Take my two boys for example. One loves to ride motorcycles. The other has no interest in motorcycles, but loves to fish. The cycle nut hates fishing. Two kids brought up in the same house completely with different ideas of recreation and fun.

Just because a guy has a safe full of guns and a shop doesn't mean every teenage male would be in heaven with using the stuff.

At 15, you probably wouldn't have wanted somebody forcing you to take guitar and that's probably how he sees your hobbies.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
#1. He's not your kid.
#2. You are going to destroy your biological kids if you continue your behavior.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well, obviously this relationship is going to end in disaster, but just two general points if I may...

It doesn't matter if a kid is a lumber jack or an artist. When you're 15, you have a fugging job. Period.

Seeing that you're the newest guy that is banging his mom, he is going to do 180 degrees of anything you like, or could like. And he more than likely takes pleasure in it fugging up your day.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When I was that age all I thought about was two things.

1 pussy

2 Food

3 pussy

4 pussy

5 How to get some pussy

6 I need pussy

7 maybe I can buy some pussy

8 why wont the girls give up the pussy

9 one of these days I will get some pussy

10 I finally got some pussy. Life was never the same

Originally Posted by ringworm
He needs to get laid.
Today's youths diet causes low testosterone.
When I was that age I was chasing girls. Amazing to see how man don't care.
Its an evolution dead end.

A pubecent male should be aggressive, angry, and have excessive amounts of energy.

I'd get blood work.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Well, obviously this relationship is going to end in disaster, but just two general points if I may...

It doesn't matter if a kid is a lumber jack or an artist. When you're 15, you have a fugging job. Period.

Seeing that you're the newest guy that is banging his mom, he is going to do 180 degrees of anything you like, or could like. And he more than likely takes pleasure in it fugging up your day.

Travis

Yep. It's quite safe to assume that new guy isn't his favorite person in the world.

Might consider not running "pretty wide on the prickish side" and see how that works.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane

Might consider not running "pretty wide on the prickish side" and see how that works.

Catch-22 if "wide prick" is how he landed this situation.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gotta agree with deflave. Don't think that making you proud is going to be high on his list right off the bat.

Sounds sappy, but you need to love the kid. Unconditional love. If you're thinking of kicking his mom out because of him I'd think it a hard point to argue that you love her, much less him. +1 to Steelhead's get a dog recommendation.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Even if he's as nice of a guy as I am, that kid is still going to hate him.

And the reason you'll never get support from the mother is because he has already told her that he hates the new COCK in her life and he resents her for dragging him so deeply into her bad decisions.

As a result she is going to continue to fold like a cheap suit every time there is a confrontation. She doesn't know how to parent so she's going to do everything she can to win favor from the kid.

And he has that figured out too.

But seriously, that kid needs a fugging job. Like yesterday.

Dr. Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I know all about this she will always end up sticking up for the kid, she carried him just try to turn him off in your mind aka fugg him only 3 more years.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Punch him in the throat.

Repeat as needed.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Kids complicate things. We both have 2, mine are 4&8, hers are 5&15. The young ones are awesome....15, I am struggling with. I cannot get him to get off the dang couch. He wants to do nothing but play video games all day.....like from 7pm Friday night thru 8am Monday he spent less than an hour out of his room and zero time outside. We tripped a few trees in the yard, mowed, cleaned up Yada Yada. ....and he did nothing. I told her he can be lazy, but he can't be lazy here.

Which went over poorly.

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so forgive me if this has been posted, but its what I call the step-parenting syndrome.

Whatever you want or expect from her kids,whatever decisions are to be made in or about their lives, no matter how large or small...you have absolutely NO say in the matter...

And you never will, regardless of what she tells you.

Trust me on this.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okok
Way to go Man....tell him how the Cow eats the cabbage.If he lives with you, you own the air he breathes.

Dynasty! Book it!

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,875
Posts18,497,665
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.