Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Hey 79s, I loaded up some 75gr Hornady BTHP match bullets tonight. They look great. Now I hope they shoot as good as they look. I may shoot some tomorrow after my rimfire match.. I'm curious to see how they are going to do...

Same here BSA, what was your load with them?

Well, I loaded up some with the recipe the old guy from my club gave me. Too hot... Ended up with cratered primers. I could tell the load was too hot from the little extra recoil. He said he was running 2750 fps. I'll throw a scope back on the Noveske and work up a load and back off his recipe by 1.5 grains or maybe even a hair more... He said he's running 25.2gr or AA2520. It is possible that either his scale is reading wrong, or maybe mine? I'll run them through the chrono and that will tell me what is going on. With irons on my Noveske, I shot about a 1.75" group. Not great, but a scope and chrono will give me a better idea... I like the bullets though. I think they will work out pretty good. Didn't have to touch the seater I use for my 69gr sierra MK either. The OAL was spot on (2.250"), or close enough for me anyway... Man, the wind was ferrocious today. Blew our target stands over. Mine had rocks on it and it was still waving around in the wind.. I have no idea how I managed 100-8x average with my scoped rifle... Got lucky....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA