-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had four Leupold scopes go south on me. I still have two of them needing fixed.
I was thinking about buying a VX-6. But, after that "dog and pony" show. I'll pick up another NXS Going with a compact. This scope has my full attention.

I also think, we're making our point. If not, not sure we'd seen that D&P show.

Just my 2-cents

Last edited by Hammerdown; 07/10/19.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by fredIII
Only change was scopes. The Leupold right the NXS left.

[Linked Image]

Both shot at 100 guess I can focus a Nightforce!
Left was five shots right was 6 as I was going nuts over the way the rifle was shooting ie another busted Leupold

According to the EXCLUSIVE video ,Call Leupold tech dept. and they will troubleshoot for you to get to the bottom of it. He said they would look at everything with you including ammo,bases, rings,etc...

Could be the camo PJs!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So 2% of Leupolds are returned for repair and 2% are actually found to have problems. Now that is QC, do they think people are that gullible? Whatever happened to companies with integrity? I bought my last Leupold in 2012 a VXR 3-9x40 .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe Vortex or SWFA was listening too...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It is easy for them to say that the scopes "do not have a problem" if their chosen specifications are broad enough. So, plausible denial. They simply do not want to make a truly precision product line. Guns and shooters are enough better now than they were before to show the lack of imprecision.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I'll pick up another NXS Going with a compact. This scope has my full attention.
Good luck with that one....it's been discontinued for quite a while.

BB is notorious for not keeping inventory up to date on their site.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Okay, I seriously doubt my question will be properly answered. I am not looking for a bunch of venom spit at Leupold. Call it a poll.

Given the overwhelmingly negative reaction to Leupold's live streaming event, what will you buy now?

This question is aimed at people who may wish to buy a specialty scope, or the ones who are fed up with Leupold. Whether it's tomorrow or next year, which manufacturer do you think will get your business?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Okay, I seriously doubt my question will be properly answered. I am not looking for a bunch of venom spit at Leupold. Call it a poll.

Given the overwhelmingly negative reaction to Leupold's live streaming event, what will you buy now?

This question is aimed at people who may wish to buy a specialty scope, or the ones who are fed up with Leupold. Whether it's tomorrow or next year, which manufacturer do you think will get your business?

You asked this question about two weeks ago didn't you?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13943310/1

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/11/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
A similar one, yes. You are one of the semi-literates I expected would answer. Shush. Go gum your toast.

For the rest,

Most leaned toward NF. Any changes?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 16bore
But damn man....I still love M8 6x42 M1’s.

Is there such thing as a “scope smith”?? A guy that knew the guts and how to make them work would stay pretty busy. There’s gotta be some disgruntled Leupold worker that cusses a blue steak and swears he can do it better than his boss.

It just can’t be that friggin complicated.

Originally Posted by 16bore
But damn man....I still love M8 6x42 M1’s.

Is there such thing as a “scope smith”?? A guy that knew the guts and how to make them work would stay pretty busy. There’s gotta be some disgruntled Leupold worker that cusses a blue steak and swears he can do it better than his boss.

It just can’t be that friggin complicated.

I’ve thought that too, it would be great if there was someplace you could get vintage Leupold’s retrofitted with reliable internals.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I didnt make the Leupold event simply because I've moved on - to NightForce. I wont say I'll never buy another Leupold but it will only be after they make changes AND the product has been in the market long enough to demonstrate accuracy, consistency, and longevity. Until then, NF SHV for me. I've been using g them for 3 years now and have zero issues with holding zero, tracking, and ends of daylight visibility. I really like them. Being I have one on every rifle except 1, it would take a major change by Leupold for me to switch back.......

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think many people will do what you have already done. No need to switch until something goes wrong, but it will take some time and improvements for Leupold to regain its reputation.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Even after the live feed I am still gonna buy Leopold. I have used Nightforce for years too. It’s nice having them in my back yard - but their stuff is too heavy for packing around. I cant speak for everyone and I am not sure what everyone’s application is but I can tell you I pack my rifle more than the average bear and Leopold has the market cornered for lightweight optics. I always get a belly chuckle when I see “hunters” buying these lightweight rifles and then throwing a 2 lb scope on there.

The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, MT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
HunterT,

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for your post..

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So.....In 2019, with all the advances in engineering and technology, this is where we’re at?

There’s a pile of scopes out there.....the only two “sworn by” are SWFA and NF? Or maybe Vortex too?

Dunno....maybe it’s a Ford Chevy Toyota thing.....with Leupold being the one to “Dodge”

Oh schit, that was punny.......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh

Well played!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Yes, and you are one of the semi-literates I expected would answer. Shush. Go gum your toast.

For the rest,

Steve,
I have been a pretty big leupold fan, more half my scopes are Leupolds and I have something like 16 ( if I didn't miss one or two as I added them up) fixed 4 or 6s. While I dabble in other things mostly I am mostly a set and forget guy who hunts deer, bear moose and the occasional elk.

I have had variable leupold scopes fail, but not a fixed rifle scope. I can deal with the "leupold dance" during sight in as long as the scope hold zero afterwards. I appreciate the small form factor, light weight, eye relief and reasonable cost of the leupold fixed scopes.

However all the talk about failing scopes has me a little concerned, so the last scope I bought ( this spring) was a meopta 6x42 and I am trying to give it a good work out on a 338. In past years I would buy 3-5 scopes a year but I have really tried to shoot and hunt more and stop putting together rifles, so I think my big scope buying days are over.

however If night force would do a 6x36 or 6x40 with a simple hold over reticle ( like burris BP) that weighed less than 15oz I would buy a cuple for my most heavily used rifles. if they could do the same for a 4x32 a clean scope that was less than 12oz I could go for a couple of those as well. Big turrets, even capped ones and complex reticles and 20oz scopes are deal killers for me.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
A similar one, yes. You are one of the semi-literates I expected would answer. Shush. Go gum your toast.

For the rest,

And you must perpetually have your head buried deep in your ass to not know the answer to this redundant question that has bee beaten to death by you and many others over the years. Not at all surprised YOU are the one who repeatedly doesn't get it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Shush. Go gum your toast. Try and stay focused.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

I’m running a couple vx-3i 2.5-8x36 that I had actually sent back to Leopold to have a zerolock dials added. 11.5 ounces on the scale

The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, MT
Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 21, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1234, 60 invisible), 18,828 guests, and 1,406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,853
Posts18,537,559
Members74,050
Most Online20,796

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.