Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How we found out about a shocking loophole in a military policy meant to protect victims of domestic violence

James Clark and Haley Britzky January 09, 2020 at 08:30 AM COMMUNITY

[Linked Image from assets.rebelmouse.io]
Clic pic for story

Written by our Pentagon-based Army reporter, Haley Britzky, the story focused on Ellizabeth Grimes, who was allegedly assaulted by her husband, Army. Col. Jerel Grimes.

In the wake of the alleged attack, Ellizabeth was left to deal with a number of physical injuries that still require medical attention. Hospital records from that night say her injuries included a "closed head injury, hematoma, concussion, cervical strain, extremity contusion or fracture." She also was put on medication she'd never needed before, to help with anxiety, depression, and nausea, as well as to help her sleep at night. . .

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
............................................not going to say it, just remembered something Mom used to say when I was little........................"son, don't be ugly" ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lay down with a beast...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If she was sharkin for 10 years, she will get half of his retirement.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He hasn’t set her on fire yet.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You racist martherfarkers are unbelievable. mad

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
https://www.domesticshelters.org/articles/statistics/the-facts-about-abuse-in-military-families

Servicemen and women have some of the toughest jobs out there. Between rigorous training, deployments to the most dangerous parts of the world—which take them away from their families for long stretches of time—to frequent moves every few years to new bases, the stressors of military life are many.

But, these are still not excuses to abuse one’s spouse. Plenty of service members under some of the most stressful circumstances are not abusers. However, servicemen and women do face additional challenges when it comes to escaping from or reporting abuse. Being in the military is one of the 50 barriers to leaving survivor and advocate Sarah Buel identified. Abuse among military couples is also vastly underreported, as survivors often fear repercussions from their abuser should he or she be demoted as a result of reporting abuse. When a domestic violence report is made, it may be subject to military-led investigation, and consequences may be dictated by the military code of conduct as well as federal law.

Here’s some important stats that remind us all domestic violence is [unfortunately] alive and well within our armed forces community.

2-3: Male combat veterans who suffer from PTSD are two to three times more likely to abuse their female partners than veterans not suffering from PTSD.

Receive new and helpful articles weekly. Sign up here.

Enter a safe email
1/3: About 33 percent of combat veterans with PTSD report having been aggressive with their intimate partner at least once in the previous year.

9 in 10: About 91 percent of combat veterans with PTSD reported being psychologically aggressive with their intimate partner in the previous year.

Up to 7 in 10: Between 30 and 70 percent of female veterans have experienced intimate partner violence in their lifetime.

>1/3: Among active duty females, 36 percent report having experienced intimate partner violence during their service.

177%: While intimate partner violence declined among civilians between 2003 and 2010, it rose by a whopping 177 percent in the Army during the same period.

1996: The Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act made it illegal for anyone convicted of a domestic violence misdemeanor to possess a firearm. Some exceptions are made, but by and large, the amendment does apply to military, meaning they may be discharged after a conviction.

3 years: Federal law mandates dependent support be offered to the survivor when a service member is discharged from the military due to an abuse offense. Support is remanded for up to 36 months, depending on length of service.

$1,215: The current monthly payment a spouse is entitled to if his or her spouse is discharged from the military because of an abuse offense. The discharged servicemember is also responsible for paying $301 monthly per child.

Many survivors cite financial uncertainty as a barrier to leaving an abuser. If that’s a concern for you, read “When You Can’t Afford to Leave an Abusive Partner.”

SURVEY
If you’ve experienced DV at the hands of a serviceman or woman, have you reported it? closed
Yes, and the military took appropriate actions to help keep myself and my family safe.
Yes, but the military did not seem to support any repercussions for my abuser.
No, I was too afraid of what might happen to myself or my spouse as a result.
No, I didn’t report it for another reason.
VIEW RESULTS

If you’ve experienced DV at the hands of a serviceman or woman, have you reported it?
ResultsBar ChartPie ChartMaps
Yes, but the military did not seem to support any repercussions for my abuser.96 votes
No, I was too afraid of what might happen to myself or my spouse as a result.93 votes
No, I didn’t report it for another reason.58 votes
Yes, and the military took appropriate actions to help keep myself and my family safe.19 votes

Not sure how the above would pertain to "mudsharks".

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MT_Mike

What's worse, quoting true facts, or being called a muther-fu-ker for it?

Trump Won!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
He hasn’t set her on fire yet.

Sounds like everything but that. "her injuries included a "closed head injury, hematoma, concussion, cervical strain, extremity contusion or fracture." She also was put on medication she'd never needed before, to help with anxiety, depression, and nausea, as well as to help her sleep at night. . ."

Saving burning to death for a special occasion is my guess.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lol

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do you own that there restaurant chain? Ifso, then I got some complaints!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Move on Troll.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saw that crap back in the 70s working in a military hospital, Major Medical Center...
from the ER to Labor and Delivery, to OR and Recovery Room and ICU...

the higher the rank the more they got away with it...

yet also saw the same thing, with white soldiers who had foreign wives that barely spoke English...

those from Germany to from Korea, Japan etc...

put a Captain thru a wall for beating his 3 month old Baby, when I rotated thru Peds..

Pull an infantry Colonel off his wife, while she was in the ICU, started beating her, because she was in ICU because she came in after he had beaten her.. again.. Army's solution?/ Transfer them to another base...

pulled a Black E8 off of beating his blonde German wife, right in Labor and Delivery.. when the baby was born, it wasn't black enough for him, so he started beating on her, thinking that she'd been having an affair with a white guy....

the higher the rank or the longer time in service, the more tolerance they had for that type of crap....

That Captain I put thru the wall to stop him from beating on a 3 month old baby after beating his wife in the Pediatric Ward?
The Army advised her to apply for a divorce, (she spoke no English), the Captain wasn't court martialed, he was send back to Germany from Ft Lewis...wifey and baby stayed here... from him beating his son who had some congential defect, the poor baby was in the Peds Ward for another 3 months...broke the kid's arm, shoulder, and leg...

i responded,, as I was in another room taking care of a patient, and she came running down the hall screaming Hilfe Hilfe Mir!!
I was the only person in the immediate area that spoke German.. she was a bloody mess, but she was pulling me up the hall yelling Meine Kinder, Meine Kinder....

putting him thru the wall was the fastest way I could get him off beating his own son, who was in a baby crib....

A Nurse Colonel interceded of any charges being filled against me, as she witnessed the end of it all...

what kind of people would ever do crap like this?.. certainly aren't playing with a full deck...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

and you are a naive as schitt...

or you think nothing is wrong with some Black Colonel beating his white wife that way, just because his is Black??

or its just maybe you have no issues with someone beating a spouse to a pulp....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was a Sargent lived next door to us, had a korean wife.

Once a month or more, he’d leave out in his mustang with her hanging on the windshield wipers. Doing a Superman impression.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gunner500

What's worse, quoting true facts, or being called a muther-fu-ker for it?

Da truff bees raycest.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Seafire

and you are a naive as schitt...

or you think nothing is wrong with some Black Colonel beating his white wife that way, just because his is Black??

or its just maybe you have no issues with someone beating a spouse to a pulp....

He was just trying to keep her in line. Dont worry, shes gonna be just fine.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So, what's the loophole?

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

We may as well rename this site 24hourStormTrooper. It's become blatantly racist and Rick Bin tolerates it.

Tarquin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Tarquin

We may as well rename this site 24hourStormTrooper. It's become blatantly racist and Rick Bin tolerates it.

So how would it be a lilly white like you even knows about such a dreadful website?

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (7887mm08, ar33c9, 300_savage, 35, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,375 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,884
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.