Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las
"he performers of these entertaining feats were often (belittled by higher society or - * delete*) perceived as morally unclean. "

Sounds about right.

Just read someone drove a car into a crowd in Germany, killing a teacher on a visit.

Will they be after confiscating autos now too, or just keep pricing the serfs out of the market?

In early Hollywood, one would see signs out on the yards of apartment buildings around Hollywood reading, "Apartment for rent. No dogs or actors."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Just another UT fan, tea sipper, Boomer

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by CCCC
I merely said that he should not be misquoted.

I totally agree. If an article misquotes someone, it's usually on purpose and to drive an agenda.

However, actual quotes of him calling for more laws... More GUN laws is nothing but propaganda itself. "Common sense gun control" has been their mantra to dilute the 2nd Amendment for decades. Especially in the emotional aftermath of a tragic event like Uvalde.

The wake of such emotions has lead to far, far more unconstitutional gun laws than would even be considered worthy of legislation without the emotional attachment.

Here's the gist of his speech. He is 100% on board, and calling for gun control laws to be passed. frown

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

McConaughey doesn't need to be misquoted to be nothing but a gun grabbing shill in a bigger political agenda.

If they were not pushing for con control, they would mention the fact that far more people are murdered by bare hands than from all types of rifles combined.

Excellent post - very informative and useful data.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
VP Harris’ replacement.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Two phrases to BEWARE of:

"Common Sense Gun Laws"

"Red Flag Gun Laws"

Wolves in sheep's clothing.

Not 1 inch..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2
M M is just another used-to-be headliner movie star trying to regain some of his former glory and relevance by jumping in front of a spotlight on controversial matters and voicing an opinion in a manner that would get the attention and approval of Hollywood insiders and bigwigs hoping it'll get him another starring role in a quality movie.

Yep. And like all DemoRat’s, they never let a tragedy go to waste as an opportunity to push their own agenda.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
How far left of center does one have to go to be considered a liberal leftist? Which Amendments is it ok to ignore?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
I don’t know MM other than as an actor. But the words I heard him speak today were ok with me. He commented on the many aspects of our degraded cultural that could be worked on or improved — treating mental illness, hardening the schools, return of family values, needing red flag laws (this Uvaulde guy gave plenty warnings that were ignored) etc. — all of these problems have the Democrats finger prints all over them from the last sixty years (my words).

He commented on the hijacking of the 2nd amendment by these sociopathic shooters. He wasn’t anti-the 2nd.

That was my takeaway as well.

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
I don’t know MM other than as an actor. But the words I heard him speak today were ok with me. He commented on the many aspects of our degraded cultural that could be worked on or improved — treating mental illness, hardening the schools, return of family values, needing red flag laws (this Uvaulde guy gave plenty warnings that were ignored) etc. — all of these problems have the Democrats finger prints all over them from the last sixty years (my words).

He commented on the hijacking of the 2nd amendment by these sociopathic shooters. He wasn’t anti-the 2nd.

That was my takeaway as well.

Mine as well.

He also said,

"We start by making laws that save innocent lives and don’t infringe on our Second Amendment rights. We start right now by voting to pass policies that can keep us from having as many Columbines, Sandy Hooks, Parklands, Las Vegases, Buffaloes, and Uvaldes from here on."

Can we have a discussion about guns without getting emotional or fired up about it? Kinda hard to when we are so divided and our side always seem to be the ones giving up our freedoms and rights.

There sure was a lot in his speech that the 24HCF would applaud on any given Friday night.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He was always a little too cool for school for me.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SBTCO
The guy has called for an "assault weapons" ban in the past and then goes before the American public at a white house sponsored presser, at tax payer expense to push an anti second amendment agenda.

I've listened to him talk in interviews with Joe Rogan and others. The guy tries to cover with his "just one of us reasonable good ol' boys" drawl, but he just drips with narcissism.

Well stated

double, Yep.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
He needs to clean up. His hair is greasy and looks unwashed. I don't take advice or value peoples opinions that are too lazy to bathe regularly.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

392 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,791
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.