Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Should have bought a Peloton...

My wife has a peloton, I can ride it whenever I want. Like when there’s a foot of snow and the gym is closed.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Cyclists who ride faster tend to favor tight-fitting clothing because loose clothing creates a lot of aerodynamic drag. The drag goes up as the square of the velocity, so a mountain biker on a singletrack climb might wear baggie shorts, but it behooves a road cyclist that maintains over 30mph to wear a tight-fitting merino jersey or lycra rather than anything that will act like a drag chute. Close-fitting clothes make it difficult to conceal a firearm within the clothing. Open carry is legal in Colorado except in Denver, but it isn't advisable. If you can't conceal it within your clothes, your choices may be to have it in a backpack, waist-pack, or chest bag or on a bag that's mounted on the bike.

Cycle tourists and bikepackers have the opportunity to take the weight off their body and put it on the bike, but a handgun is one thing that may be preferable to keep on one's person rather than on their bike for the same reasons it's preferable to have it in a holster rather than in the car or a handbag. A body-mounted bag like a backpack may therefore be preferable to a bike-mounted handlebar bag, saddle bag, frame bag, or pannier.

Paul Harrell has recommended his Five-Seven for cycle-touring at least a couple times because of its low weight. I think it's his solution looking for a problem and I've not heard him ever claim to have cycle toured or even ridden a bike instead of driving one of his classic muscle cars.

Riding on the road can be intimidating in our car-centric culture where women and little children get bumped-off with possibly not even a legal consequence to the driver. Nevertheless, bicycling is still statistically safer than driving a car. Want to wear a helmet? Use it in your car where you're far more likely to sustain a head injury, but use it on the bike too because they work. But don't be afraid to ride on the road because the roads weren't built for cars and they don't belong to motor vehicle drivers.

The Google-fu is strong in this one.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
had to smerk at this thread.... has the world gotten that bad out there, we have to be discussing what is the best holster for riding on your bike?

I live in a world that has long since passed me by...

Is a 38 or a 45 recommended as the best side arm to carry when riding your bike?

I'll contemplate this as I go to work and am working today....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
If you’re serious that ain’t smart for a whole host of reasons.

But anyways I have never successfully resolved the carry issue on a bicycle, most times where I’m at it’s hot and I’m wearing a single layer. Plus anything in contact with the body is gonna be drenched in sweat.

I have carried in a handlebar bag, not a real good idea if you need to step into a store or restaurant, use the bathroom etc.

Maybe I should invest in a little flat .380 semi-auto.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Never hurts to carry hot. Those camera things are nifty but loose dogs don't care about their picture on the internet.

[Linked Image from ammoland.com]

Velodog pistols...

https://gundigest.com/more/classic-guns/bicycle-gun-the-doggone-history-of-these-pocket-pistols/amp

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
had to smerk at this thread.... has the world gotten that bad out there, we have to be discussing what is the best holster for riding on your bike?

Depends where you ride, I’m in a big city, I’d love to be able to carry riding home from work after dark but I’m in a high school. A handgun left locked in a vehicle on campus is legal, no practical way to store on a bicycle.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't they make a brassiere/holster?

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
B
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Don't they make a brassiere/holster?

I heard the coal rollers like those.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have done some research on this and learned that nothing is ideal. When I carry on the bike, I carry in my CamelBak. I have practiced fast access drills. It's not great but not horrible either. The average GMC/Chevy rager/driver is old, fat and slow, so even if your set-up isn't ideal, you'll probably still get the drop on them.

I was sure you were gonna say a ‘cock holster’ is the best.

Lol

🦫
Rectum holster.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Why would your mode of transportation or means of exercise change the need to be armed?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
shoulder holster with a lite windbreaker.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Cyclists??

Prison Wallet Carry.
HAHA!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Does anybody else find it hilarious that these butt fugks don't carry guns?

LOL

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
IWB, 3:00 position. I wear jeans or jorts depending on temperature. Majority of my riding is on paved surfaces 9mph~ 15mph, casual riding exercising my goof ball GSP. Fairly comfortable with the proper cant set.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

Why would your mode of transportation or means of exercise change the need to be armed?

I smerk in your general direction. But, to your point, seems to me the smaller and more vulnerable your mode of transport the bigger the need to be armed. Why would I carry a pistol in my Doge Ram 2500 but not on a thirty pound bicycle?

Hell, we have bikers stalked by cats around here sometimes.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by smokepole

I smerk in your general direction. But, to your point, seems to me the smaller and more vulnerable your mode of transport the bigger the need to be armed. Why would I carry a pistol in my Doge Ram 2500 but not on a thirty pound bicycle?

Believe the term you are pawing at is actually smirk. When you type it, it doesn't have a red line under which should be a clue.

-Piss into the wind.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The bicyclists I’ve spoken with try to squeeze it between the two dicks in their mouth.

LOL
I was going to recommend Barnyard Paul to put it in his mouth but your reply is probably more accurate. He probably smooshes it between the two dicks in his mouth.

Last edited by KSMITH; 07/15/22.

-Piss into the wind.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Believe the term you are pawing at is actually smirk. When you type it, it doesn't have a red line under which should be a clue.

I believe you missed the fact that it was misspelled as "smerk" in the quote from the previous poster, and I was poking fun at him.

If you read the entire post, that should be a clue.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I believe you missed the fact that it was misspelled as "smerk" in the quote from the previous poster, and I was poking fun at him.

If you read the entire post, that should be a clue.
Whatever Homie, couldn't care either way.

-Piss into the wind.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whatever Homie, couldn't care either way.

Yeah, I can tell by the way you went all spelling police.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

365 members (12344mag, 1minute, 117LBS, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 44 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,320
Posts18,505,818
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.