Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Tension Turrets are just radial marks with no designation of 1/4 in or 1 inch.

Anyone have a clue as to which.it would be?

Thanks

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I just mounted and sighted a variable TV view in for a customer. Inside the adj caps was some factory printed orange stickers giving the adj values at 100 yards...in tiny, tiny figures, so tiny I couldn't make them out with 1.5X readers. I think the windage was 1/2" to 1 division mark...and another line of figures with a different value, possibly for elevation or a different power setting? Sorry I'm no help, I lock the rifle on the bench solid and just turn the damn things until the crosshairs are on the first fired bullet hole and tell the customer it's on paper, you need to sight it in yourself.

Last edited by flintlocke; 11/17/22.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have a Widefield 6x, and about 18 marks moved it 1 inch at 20 yards. So I'm gonna say 1/4" per mark @ 100.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I mounted a Widefield 2x7 on a 35 Whelen the other day that killed a 2.5 x 8 Leupold for the second time. I ran out of bullets before I got it zeroed. But it appeared to adjust between a 1/4 and 1/2 inch per mark. It isn't as bad as adjusting a Leupold but adjustments weren't precise.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
http://www.chuckhawks.com/redfield_widefield_scopes.htm

...Redfield Widefield scopes were built on rugged, one-piece, aluminum alloy main tubes. They featured 1/4 MOA fingertip windage and elevation adjustments and fully multi-coated optics. Eyepiece focus was by multiple turns of the ocular housing on fine threads and was secured with a locking ring. Widefield scopes were shockproof, fogproof, and waterproof. All models were available with either a gloss black or a matte black finish, and all models came standard with a Duplex reticle.

This type of reticle, invented by Leupold, incorporates a heavy a crosshair that becomes a fine crosshair near the center of the field. It is offered by more scope manufacturers than any other type and is probably the best reticle ever invented for most hunting applications.

The Widefield fixed power 4x scope was 11.38" long and weighs 12.4 ounces. Its front objective lens measured 30x22mm. The horizontal field of view at 100 yards was 35.95'. The optimum eye relief was 2.88". The exit pupil was a big 5.3x7.4mm, plenty for use in the lowest light. Like any 4x scope, the 4x Widefield was suitable for use on big game rifles chambered for a wide array of calibers from woods cartridges like the .30-30 to long range numbers like the .270 Winchester. ...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is that the one that looks like a mini TV screen ?

Old farts like those, they dream about looking thru it and seeing a Walter Brennan movie

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have one, it's on my Wyoming Arms AR-15.

Deadly combination, that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
They are very deadly. Because you can make running shots on whitetail deer and see in front of them for a longer lead. Also you can see your buddy over there before you shoot too close or bust out somebodies kitchen window.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Old farts like those, they dream about looking thru it and seeing a Walter Brennan movie
I dream of seeing the Archie Slumlord show...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Plumdog
I have a Widefield 6x, and about 18 marks moved it 1 inch at 20 yards. So I'm gonna say 1/4" per mark @ 100.

Thanks,Plumb.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I just mounted and sighted a variable TV view in for a customer. Inside the adj caps was some factory printed orange stickers giving the adj values at 100 yards...in tiny, tiny figures, so tiny I couldn't make them out with 1.5X readers. I think the windage was 1/2" to 1 division mark...and another line of figures with a different value, possibly for elevation or a different power setting? Sorry I'm no help, I lock the rifle on the bench solid and just turn the damn things until the crosshairs are on the first fired bullet hole and tell the customer it's on paper, you need to sight it in yourself.
Thanks Flint. Mine doesnt have them

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

Thanks Firemen, u 2 Slum. smirk

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
God Bless you Joker. Thanks

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
From '79 to '84 I had a Redfield 3-9 Widefield accu-trac on a Wea Mk V Varmintmaster in 22-250. It was calibrated in 1/4 moa. (with the two extra stadia wires and the little flag coming up from the bottom of your field of view to indicate range)

But I quickly abandoned any thought of using the trajectory compensation feature as the scope did not track for schitt. Perhaps it would have been okay if all one desired was minute of deer. But I was trying to hit whistle pigs at 300 to 400 yds, and 1/2 moa discrepancy in reticle alignment means a clean miss on a squirrel at 200 yds.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a 2-7 Redfield on a .22-250 back in the day, about 1974. Shot more than my share of rock chucks and killed a few white tail and black tail bucks with it. I liked it but unfortunately
it was stolen from my dads house while I was in Colorado working.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a new in package set of scope covers for widefields if anyone needs them. Just pay for shipping and they are yours. Sent to me as part of a lot from an auction.

God Bless America

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12savage, 59 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,317
Posts18,505,717
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.