Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
https://abc13.com/houston-taqueria-shooting-customer-shoots-robber-eric-eugene-washington-killed-suspect-death/12681554/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0XefKfs0zsUrjDEEjz_FbbG_u_dWBMw6sVGd0jbgRY-n1j7cii2kyZXRA

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A grand jury will decide whether an armed taqueria customer, who shot and killed a robber last week in southwest Houston and is now being hailed a hero, will be criminally charged.

Investigators said the 46-year-old customer, who police have not identified because he's not under arrest, turned himself in and is cooperating with detectives.

ORIGINAL REPORT: Houston robbery shooting: Customer shoots, kills robber armed with plastic pistol, police say

The 46-year-old's attorney sent Eyewitness News the following statement:

"My client, who wishes to remain anonymous, was dining with a friend at El Ranchito Taqueria and as it has been seen on video, a robbery suspect entered the restaurant, and pointed a weapon at my client and the other customers demanding money. In fear of his life and his friend's life my client acted to protect everyone in the restaurant.

In Texas, a shooting is justified in self-defense, defense of others and in defense of property. The customer has met with the Harris County District Attorney's Office and Investigators with HPD homicide. He fully intends to continue cooperating with the ongoing investigation.

When the investigation is complete, this case will be presented to a Grand Jury. We are confident that a Grand Jury will conclude that the shooting was justified under Texas Law. This event has been very traumatic, taking a human life is something he does not take lightly and will burden him for the rest of his life. For that reason, he wishes to remain anonymous. Due to the overwhelming coverage, we ask the media and the public to respect his privacy."

University of Houston Law Center Professor Sandra Guerra Thompson said even if he is indicted, a jury likely would not convict.

"When a person uses force during an armed robbery, they have very heightened protection under the law," Thompson explained. "I know that there are a lot of questions about the use of a gun because it wasn't a real firearm, but that really doesn't make a difference because it was used as a firearm and a person would reasonably believe that they were facing an immediate threat of deadly force."

The suspect can be seen on video taking control of the taqueria and pointing what looks like a gun at customers.

Suddenly, one customer starts shooting, even moving closer to the suspect as he keeps firing shots.

He puts what looks like the customers' stolen money back on the table, then appears to realize the suspect's gun wasn't real.

The customers, including the shooter, left, leaving the owner and the workers in the shop.

On Monday, the medical examiner identified 30-year-old Eric Eugene Washington as the robbery suspect who was killed.

Records show Washington had an extensive criminal history and was out on bond during the would-be robbery.

Records show that in 2015, Washington was convicted on a lesser charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and sentenced to 15 years in prison in connection to the shooting death of 62-year-old Hamid Waraich, a cell phone store owner. Houston police also charged two other men.

According to records, Washington was released on parole in 2021 and charged with assaulting his girlfriend in December 2022.

Waraich had a fiancée and three sons who reacted strongly when contacted by ABC13.

"If the guy who stopped Eric was around 10 years ago, maybe I'd still have my dad," Aman Waraich, the son of the store clerk that was killed, said.

"Eric was an evil criminal that took joy in harassing and robbing innocent families. The individual at the taqueria is a true hero!" Sean Waraich, the victim's other son, added. "He did the right thing in stopping the robber and in protecting the community from a dangerous perpetrator."
Report a correction or typo
Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sound like a clean shoot.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here we go

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope he has a good lawyer.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope he is cleared, he done good, happy ending!

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 1minute
Ditto... I think he walks..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 1minute

Some weenie will piss and moan about the coup de grace shot.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He didn't help himself by leaving the scene. But other than that he should be good to go, IMO.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No commenting on the law itself but for me - I'd return an innocent/no bill/no charges if asked.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only person who should be on trial is whoever let the robber out early after he had already been involved in the murder of a store owner.....

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sentenced to 15 years for robbery and connected to a murder and out on parole in 6 years.

Seems to me the pukes family should sue the parole board for being complicit in armed robbery and his demise.

He was on probation and couldn't legally carry a firearm so he had the bright idea of robbery with a fake one.

Where is Deflave to explain this when we need him?

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/10/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Fool took a BB gun to a gunfight, stupider than taking a knife. Wins the Darwin Award for his stupidity, also won the room temperature challenge.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TimZ
The only person who should be on trial is whoever let the robber out early after he had already been involved in the murder of a store owner.....

Spot on.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The only video I saw stopped right before he shot the bad guy. In that video it looked like the bad guy's back was mostly towards the good guy. While the good guy might have been justified when the bad guy walked in and started waving his toy around, I have hesitation that the jury will see this as self defense when the bad guy is on his way out the place and with his back towards the shooter.

All in, one less perp. on the streets. That's good and I hope the jury sees it that way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see it as it is, another DA that puts a Ne-groid before a Mexican though the shooter is white.

They just don’t care if N-Word terrorize hispanic establishments

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/10/23.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Not sure how to post videos but here is link to full video,

I dont have an issue with it, but the video seems to show that after the robber was down and the shooter grabbed his gun, that he put one more round into the robbers head. Thinking that may be problematic for him.

https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/status/1611808197316075521?s=20&t=tblrZkxReZk4rbRyZxiH2Q

Last edited by cv540; 01/10/23.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why did the scumbag survive the first arrest a few years ago?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I hope he has a good lawyer.
Judging by what his lawyer said, up there ^^ where Roger posted, I'd guess the lawyer is at least competent if not "good"

We are confident that a Grand Jury will conclude that the shooting was justified under Texas Law.

"Texas" perhaps being the most important word in that sentence. It might not fly in some other jurisdictions, but it did happen in TX.

Now, will the dead guy's family bring a case in Fed court that the shooter violated the dead guy's civil rights?????

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
As the DA once said, "I can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Almost like something you would see in the movie Pulp Fiction complete with Ezekiel 25:17

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (160user, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 222ND, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,647
Posts18,533,798
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.