Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The hero customer who shot and killed an armed robber at a Houston taco joint last week has been ordered to face a grand jury by District Attorney Kim Ogg, the Soros-funded prosecutor who appears to have let the career criminal he put down out on bond.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...taco-joint-ordered-face-grand-jury-soros

Oct. 13, 2016

Billionaire Soros makes $500K ad buy for Democratic DA candidiate Ogg

Billionaire George Soros again has stepped into the Harris County district attorney's race with a half-million-dollar advertising buy on behalf of Democratic candidate Kim Ogg.

The latest Soros contribution arrives just days after the Ogg campaign filed a quarterly finance report showing she received nearly $135,000 in campaign contributions from a PAC supported by Steve Mostyn, another major Democratic financier.

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Billionaire-Soros-makes-500-000-ad-buy-for-9970130.php

Attached Images
IMG_1425.jpeg (9.32 KB, 304 downloads)
1200x0.jpg (24.75 KB, 295 downloads)
Last edited by SupFoo; 01/10/23.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While all that is true about Soros and that DA (Like most large large metropolitan DA's), I will repeat...

All homicides go before a Grand Jury in Texas.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
To answer the question, I don't believe there is such a law requiring one to remain at the scene of a shooting when you shoot in self defense. Think about it. It may well be necessary to make your escape to a safer place after shooting a bad guy, so such a law would run counter to that very real possibility, thus it's unlikely that such a law exists.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In tx, even self defense shoots go in front of grand jury?

They use the broad definition of homicide doesn't matter if a legal killing or not?

Last edited by Joel/AK; 01/10/23.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
The only video I saw stopped right before he shot the bad guy. In that video it looked like the bad guy's back was mostly towards the good guy. While the good guy might have been justified when the bad guy walked in and started waving his toy around, I have hesitation that the jury will see this as self defense when the bad guy is on his way out the place and with his back towards the shooter.

All in, one less perp. on the streets. That's good and I hope the jury sees it that way.

"Or defense of others, or property")

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

They use the broad definition of homicide doesn't matter if a legal killing or not?

I think homocide just means one person killing another. Legality is another matter entirely.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sound like a clean shoot.

Some weenie will piss and moan about the coup de grace shot.

Quite reasonably indeed.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sound like a clean shoot.

Some weenie will piss and moan about the coup de grace shot.

Quite reasonably indeed.
When your adrenaline is up you just cant shut off the kill mode like a light switch, At least some cant... Basic survival instinct... Besides, Who's to know if he didn't have another gun?...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out the guy in the corner by the jukebox... First he hides his phone, Then when the perp is down he looks like he's just going to start finishing his tacos...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I were on that GJ, I'd vote to No-Bill him.

Originally Posted by LNF150
Almost like something you would see in the movie Pulp Fiction complete with Ezekiel 25:17

Or the Boondock Saints.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SupFoo
The hero customer who shot and killed an armed robber at a Houston taco joint last week has been ordered to face a grand jury by District Attorney Kim Ogg, the Soros-funded prosecutor who appears to have let the career criminal he put down out on bond.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...taco-joint-ordered-face-grand-jury-soros

Oct. 13, 2016

Billionaire Soros makes $500K ad buy for Democratic DA candidiate Ogg

Billionaire George Soros again has stepped into the Harris County district attorney's race with a half-million-dollar advertising buy on behalf of Democratic candidate Kim Ogg.

The latest Soros contribution arrives just days after the Ogg campaign filed a quarterly finance report showing she received nearly $135,000 in campaign contributions from a PAC supported by Steve Mostyn, another major Democratic financier.

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Billionaire-Soros-makes-500-000-ad-buy-for-9970130.php

Why are democrap women the most disgusting looking humanoid specimens on the planet?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WMR

I think homocide just means one person killing another. Legality is another matter entirely.

By definition homicide.is.the unlawful killing of one person by another thus, illegality is backed right in. The last shot will be the one that gets the guy in trouble, if at all. Typically, deployment and application of lethal force in defense of self or others ends as a legal shield when the threat ends. The State will argue to the grand jury that when the final shot was delivered the threat had already ended. He did light him up pretty good. The other side of it then would be a later defense where evidence may be introduced in the form of ME testimony demonstrating perp was either already dead or fatally wounded by time of last shot and would have died anyway. I hope he walks. As they say, FAFO.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Remember Jack Wilson, the guy who shot the nut in in the head at the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement TX, had to appear before a grand jury. He received the Texas Governor's "Medal of Courage" prior to having to appear.

If ever there was a case that was justifiable, it was that one, yet, he still had to go before the grand jury.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by WMR

By definition homicide.is.the unlawful killing of one person by another thus, illegality is backed right in. The last shot will be the one that gets the guy in trouble, if at all. Typically, deployment and application of lethal force in defense of self or others ends as a legal shield when the threat ends. The State will argue to the grand jury that when the final shot was delivered the threat had already ended. He did light him up pretty good. The other side of it then would be a later defense where evidence may be introduced in the form of ME testimony demonstrating perp was either already dead or fatally wounded by time of last shot and would have died anyway. I hope he walks. As they say, FAFO.

No. "Homicide" means the death of an individual by another with culpability, including justifiable. This excludes accidental death.

And yes, the all go to Grand Jury in Texas. It is not a "trial". The Jury determines whether indictment should be issued, or not. Not some elected official.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The only video I saw stopped right before he shot the bad guy. In that video it looked like the bad guy's back was mostly towards the good guy. While the good guy might have been justified when the bad guy walked in and started waving his toy around, I have hesitation that the jury will see this as self defense when the bad guy is on his way out the place and with his back towards the shooter.

All in, one less perp. on the streets. That's good and I hope the jury sees it that way.

The armed robbery was still very much in progress when he was shot.

How do you know he wouldn't go to the door, turn and shoot everyone?

If an armed person is threatening your life, then turns his back while doing so, and you don't shoot, you are an idiot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by WMR

No. "Homicide" means the death of an individual by another with culpability, including justifiable. This excludes accidental death.

And yes, the all go to Grand Jury in Texas.

I'd hate to have that bitch, Kim Ogg driving the grand jury... eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The armed robbery was still very much in progress when he was shot.

How do you know he wouldn't go to the door, turn and shoot everyone?

If an armed person is threatening your life, then turns his back while doing so, and you don't shoot, you are an idiot.

In tactical/military terms retreat is seen as just a way to get to cover to reengage and attack. There's no quarter in lethal engagements unless you positively know the threat is over

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
If on the jury, I would only want to know: Did the diner shoot until the threat was neutralized?

+2 ...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
When your adrenaline is up you just cant shut off the kill mode like a light switch, At least some cant... Basic survival instinct... Besides, Who's to know if he didn't have another gun?...
Valid point about survival instincts, but not a valid point about "who knows if .." That's not justification for lethal force in the law of any state. Best go with the former than the latter.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 222ND, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,648
Posts18,533,810
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.