Campfire 'Bwana
Console carry.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Corn looks pretty green pard.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hard times are real pard where corn don't grow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you Mackay S. for your learned observations. My .40 S&W HK USPc is my year-long carry. Hot/cold, it just rides in my El Paso Saddlery OWB holster. My life is worth the very slight discomfort of even that small rig. I can't endorse Lost River 170-gr +P load for the .40 enough, just buy some and try it. Optimized ammunition, even from a boutique mfg, is a godsend in our country. We've got it good here.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 10/29/23.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Hard times are real pard where corn don't grow.

Pard, seen Children of the Corn pard?

Gonna need a reload pard.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Especially when I thought he had snow.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Pard, it does.

But the ears look pretty anemic to this pard, pard.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by add

Pard, it does.

But the ears look pretty anemic to this pard, pard.

I think maybe he shot it pard.

Train like you fight pard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pard,

#hailstorm

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I know where wrapids lives. I can assure you it’s a shi-t hole. It also smells like one.

Last edited by tzone; 10/29/23.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Pard,

#hailstorm

Pard,

That could be your name if you an X-Men, or Avenger.

Hailstorm.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Gradually picking up a Gl 19x +2 mag here & there.

If it's gonna be a truck gun or for kit, it ought to hold some shells. Past that, an AR should be considered.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

Unfortunately law abiding citizens tend to obey the law. Many states, Maine included, prohibit firearms carry where alcohol is served.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Epishemore

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

Unfortunately law abiding citizens tend to obey the law. Many states, Maine included, prohibit firearms carry where alcohol is served.

It is unfortunate that responsible citizens are prohibited from carrying a firearm in some places. Those are the kinds of places where an inconspicuous pocket gun can make all the difference.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
What’s interesting is that there seems to be a notion that something like a 642 or 43 is something not worthy of fighting with.

Proficiency comes with lots of rounds fired down range. I like my 642 pocket gun. I take it everywhere. I have others that I sometimes carry. A 2 3/4” 69, a commander sized 9mm Rabge Officer. If I was choosing to get into a gun fight, would I bring the 642? No. I’d bring a rifle.

Of course, a snubby or a mini SA wil be slower to shoot, accurately. It will kick more and hold fewer rounds. But, beating able to produce the firearm and hit your target quickly is what matters. You can hit things at grocery store aisle distances with a small gun, if you practice enough.

Of course Mackay always drives home great points with lots of knowledge and wisdom to back them up. But I think the take home here should be to shoot your damn gun. Get out and shoot. And keep it handy. And, that goes for all of your guns. Keep them well maintained, fed and hot, as best you can.

I’ve been loading and bulking up my reserves of 38 special reloads. I think I’ll go burn some out of that pocket rocket.

Fighting with a handgun implies things like bounding/advancing/pressing, fire & maneuver, topping off, etc.

You might be able to do those things with your 642 but there's no way you're doing it effectively. And I say that as somebody that loves J-frames and LCRs and I shoot them very well.

Revolvers are not slow to reload.

I suppose that’s true in a technical sense. But in reality, the fight will more than likely be close enough and you’ll only have a few shots to end it.

If you have a handgun, I don’t care what it is, and the assailant has a rifle, you had better be good with what you brought. That’s a [bleep] situation. A thug in a gas station? I like my odds.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Here is the thing.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

NOBODY.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Back on point,

Think about Eli Dickens.

This is The Way.

It is unfortunate that responsible citizens are prohibited from carrying a firearm in some places. Those are the kinds of places where an inconspicuous pocket gun can make all the difference.
Yep. Only worry about the possible consequences once you have had to save your ass.

I will take my chances versus being a statistic.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Hands up, who's ever fought a crackhead? Gunfight or otherwise. I'll check back tomorrow morning EST for an answer and an explanation as to how you subdued the threat.

I've asked this question before and it's gone unanswered. Curious to see what it generates on this thread.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 10/29/23.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Here is the thing.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

NOBODY.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Back on point,

Think about Eli Dickens.

This is The Way.

I’m not watching children get shot because of some gay ass law written by some butt fugk that’s never had a job.

YMMV

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What’s interesting is that there seems to be a notion that something like a 642 or 43 is something not worthy of fighting with.

Proficiency comes with lots of rounds fired down range. I like my 642 pocket gun. I take it everywhere. I have others that I sometimes carry. A 2 3/4” 69, a commander sized 9mm Rabge Officer. If I was choosing to get into a gun fight, would I bring the 642? No. I’d bring a rifle.

Of course, a snubby or a mini SA wil be slower to shoot, accurately. It will kick more and hold fewer rounds. But, beating able to produce the firearm and hit your target quickly is what matters. You can hit things at grocery store aisle distances with a small gun, if you practice enough.

Of course Mackay always drives home great points with lots of knowledge and wisdom to back them up. But I think the take home here should be to shoot your damn gun. Get out and shoot. And keep it handy. And, that goes for all of your guns. Keep them well maintained, fed and hot, as best you can.

I’ve been loading and bulking up my reserves of 38 special reloads. I think I’ll go burn some out of that pocket rocket.

Fighting with a handgun implies things like bounding/advancing/pressing, fire & maneuver, topping off, etc.

You might be able to do those things with your 642 but there's no way you're doing it effectively. And I say that as somebody that loves J-frames and LCRs and I shoot them very well.

Revolvers are not slow to reload.

I suppose that’s true in a technical sense. But in reality, the fight will more than likely be close enough and you’ll only have a few shots to end it.

If you have a handgun, I don’t care what it is, and the assailant has a rifle, you had better be good with what you brought. That’s a [bleep] situation. A thug in a gas station? I like my odds.

That’s wonderful but it is not within the context of this conversation.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Hands up, who's ever fought a crackhead? Gunfight or otherwise. I'll check back tomorrow morning EST for an answer and an explanation as to how you subdued the threat.

I've asked this question before and it's gone unanswered. Curious to see what it generates on this thread.

I have tussled with a crackhead but he was not high at the time.

A junkie also and he was high but very easy to deal with. Until he came down and started schitting all the time.

I did not shoot either one.

Page 12 of 37 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 37 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,784
Posts18,536,266
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.