Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Their coats look like crap, but antlers are starting to develop. Cookie caught these three wandering through the back yard this afternoon. Taken just out the back door. Mule deer SE Oregon.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We'll try to keep track of their development as time passes.

And she caught Rock Chuck passing through Oregon a couple days back

She's not been doing much lately with both a hip and knee replacement on the port side. Hoping she can shake off the issues before summer actually gets here.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 04/19/24.

1Minute
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Seeing some nice knobs developing on the mulies up here in NE Oregon too. Not so much on the whitetails yet. Love this time of year!

Tell that wifey of yours to take care and get mended up so she can get back in the field this fall. Always enjoy seeing her pix.

1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Tide:

Appreciate the comment. I was beginning to think this thread was invisible. Was hoping to get your way for a possible halibut outing, but Cookie's main mounts are probably not up to bouncing around in heavy seas yet. She's considering a similar job on the other side which might just lock us down for the summer. Doing everything in a calendar year does make sense with insurance and tax specifics related to the Jan-Dec window.

Have you seen any bear up in the NE country?

1Minute
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Great pictures as always. Good the see some antler growth. Haven’t seen any horns around here yet.

Tell your wife her pictures are amazing and thank you for sharing them. Hope your wife heals soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 1minute
Tide:

Appreciate the comment. I was beginning to think this thread was invisible. Was hoping to get your way for a possible halibut outing, but Cookie's main mounts are probably not up to bouncing around in heavy seas yet. She's considering a similar job on the other side which might just lock us down for the summer. Doing everything in a calendar year does make sense with insurance and tax specifics related to the Jan-Dec window.

Have you seen any bear up in the NE country?

I haven't seen a single bear yet this spring, although it's prime time to see them out grazing on the spring grass. In my defense though, I've been kept pretty busy around the homestead and haven't been out tooling around much.

Too bad Cookie will be laid up this spring - the halibut regs just came out recently and they are giving us a 2-fish per day bag limit on the central area coast. Sure will help the ROI considering fuel costs!

Take care.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Had a group of ten mulies baching it together this morning. Maybe 2” or so on all. Enough to see it with glasses at about 450 yards.
Southern MT.
Havent noticed anything much on whitails but they tend to run just a little later on horn growth.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 04/28/24.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 38 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.