-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pro-life, but the cold hard fact is that there are a lot more important issues that Republicans/Conservatives need to be focusing on than abortion. It should be something that the states deal with, and whether it's legal or illegal, you're not going to change peoples minds on how they feel about it. The GOP needs to move on from this.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t get condoning murder for convenience, political expediency, or the sins of the father.

Assuming you believe abortion is murder.

I’m ok with the morning after pill and up to maybe 6-8 weeks. After that, nope. Not for any reason.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Part of me says let God sort these evil doers out. My mom believes God turned his back on the US when RvW went down years ago, now that it has been overturned...hopefully things turn around.

It's birth control with prejudice. I just don't see why a women can't give it up for adoption. Why does the baby have to die because she was irresponsible.

I also believe if a woman can do it with any sayso from the man involved...he should have say so whether he pays child support or not if he doesn't want it. Maybe it would make her think a little harder before she spread those legs.

Last edited by killerv; 05/08/24.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Because there comes a time where the people have to take a stand for whats right. Abortion is murder, plain and simple. We have to be a society or morals or we will look like what america currently does. I dont know many on our side who likes what america has become these days
Under the system we were given by the Founders, you are free to fight for your position to become law, but it's an area that was clearly left to each individual state to decide, not being found in the national Constitution. So when you fight for your position to become law, you must do so in your state first, and then in the remainder of states. Let that be your life mission, i.e., to outlaw it in every state.

Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
I agree that the Federalist approach is the best way to address the matter in a way that is consistent with the Constitution.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'm pro-life, but the cold hard fact is that there are a lot more important issues that Republicans/Conservatives need to be focusing on than abortion. It should be something that the states deal with, and whether it's legal or illegal, you're not going to change peoples minds on how they feel about it. The GOP needs to move on from this.

pretty much....I find it hilarious guys on here are ...god will take care of this...gods going to take of that.....its in gods hands....Jesus is going to rise again and make everything right and strike down all the evil doers....

so let god make this decision...if he doesn't like it , he can judge them and throw them in hell or not....meanwhile less demo voters and welfare recipients......bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Because there comes a time where the people have to take a stand for whats right. Abortion is murder, plain and simple. We have to be a society or morals or we will look like what america currently does. I dont know many on our side who likes what america has become these days
Under the system we were given by the Founders, you are free to fight for your position to become law, but it's an area that was clearly left to each individual state to decide, not being found in the national Constitution. So when you fight for your position to become law, you must do so in your state first, and then in the remainder of states. Let that be your life mission, i.e., to outlaw it in every state.
Nowhere in the original constitution was abortion been made legal or illegal. The founders knew nothing of this murdering act. This falls on morals once again. What kind of society do we want? One that treats innocent life with ZERO respect? There is no protection to murder a baby in the constitution, which is exactly with R vs W was over turned and sent back to the states. Once that was done, then the question becomes, what kind of country do we want to live in? We need some morals. A godless society is one that WILL fail. History has proved that time and again

Last edited by gunchamp; 05/08/24.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When as a nation you abandon belief in nature’s God and natural law , you’re left with moral relativism. And anything can be infringed including life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness……

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by poboy
The abortion argument is a trap. Avoid if possible.

That^^^^
God will sort sort it out at the appropriate place and time.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When it comes to picking a hill to die on, Conservatives need to find find a different one.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So if conservatives quit on abortion, will liberals quit on gun control?

Nah. They won't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Abortion isn't a ideal solution for both control but helps population control. All you anti abortion conservatives need to put your money where your mouth is and adopt some Norwegian babies. Thankfully there's been a bunch of those aborted or we'd be AfricaAmerica and broke from being taxed almost to death trying to civilize them.
Let's make abortion a major voting issue in the 2024 election like 2020 since it worked out so well. Bunch of FN dumbazz conservatives that deserve the government that they allow to get elected.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its pretty obvious that the republican party is full of spineless quitters. When has a dem stated to just throw the towel in because its a losing battle? No wonder we get our asses kicked daily. Our party is a giant joke

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
So if conservatives quit on abortion, will liberals quit on gun control?

Nah. They won't.
SPOT FUGGIN ON!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nowhere in the original constitution was abortion been made legal or illegal. The founders knew nothing of this murdering act. This falls on morals once again. What kind of society do we want? One that treats innocent life with ZERO respect? There is no protection to murder a baby in the constitution, which is exactly with R vs W was over turned and sent back to the states. Once that was done, then the question becomes, what kind of country do we want to live in? We need some morals. A godless society is one that WILL fail. History has proved that time and again
If you want the Constitution to impose itself on the states in this way, then the solution (consistent with the rule of law) is for you to take the lead in pushing for a Constitutional amendment giving authority to the Federal Government to regulate abortion, and then pressure Congress to pass legislation which regulates it for the entire nation exactly as you prefer it to be regulated. Otherwise, your fight is at the state level.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Abortion is a state's rights isuue

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
People. We already won with the overturning of Roe v Wade. That was a huge victory. We are now empowered to pressure our state legislators to pass strict limits on abortion, or ban it entirely. That's been our dream for decades. Enjoy the victory. Now there are other pressing national level issues that need addressing, such as the flood of illegal aliens invited in (and fully funded with our tax dollars) by our own elected representatives in government.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You’re hard right and Christian but because you perceive it costs votes you think we should ignore murder.

Read that a few times and get back to me on your up front claims re: Conservative bona fides.

This is not some obscure ethereal pie in the sky question. It’s whether a healthy thriving society can abide murder of its most innocent and defenseless citizens.

And your claim to be a Christian while making value judgments as to the lives of those born in tough situations?

Sorry if you haven’t figured it out yet but you’re a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 1minute
As to those waving the church flag, we are all a product of our environment with the bulk of the US sourced via some form of Christianity.

The precise concept of "abortion" is not discussed in the Bible. A brief hint, however, occurs in Exodus 21:22-25. It's a case of a pregnant woman involved in a fight between 2 men generating a miscarriage. We see a disparity between the penalties for the loss of the fetus and/or injury of the lady. With the fetus, a fine is established by the effected husband and judges. However, if the woman is injured or dies, "lex talionis" applies i.e. a life for life or eye for eye. Now we can argue whether our present abortion debate applies, because the above deals solely with accidental as opposed to willful pregnancy termination. Herein, however, there is a difference between the woman and the fetus. The woman is viewed as a person and the unborn child as property.

I was born into a church going Lutheran community but live by my own ethics. We have all manner of religions in this world, and I don't know whether one or the other is the ultimate authority. Again, no control over where I was born, and I've not researched all of the other options. My personal prayer is that if one is indeed rewarded with a pleasant after life, that those of great character score whether they be they Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Shinto, or whatever. Don't kick dogs or children, and maybe we'll all get there.

I'm also beginning to think religions might have come to exist to explain the unexplainable, or perhaps dictate how others in power thought we should conduct ourselves.

There's another clue in the OT regarding what to do if a still pregnant woman is accused of cucking her husbands. Basically she's given a toxic drink. If she miscarry she's guilty. If not, she's innocent.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (AlanF, 44mc, 7887mm08, Amos63, 35, 6 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,694
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.