Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The thing is, 'believing' in something, doesn't pass legislation. The 2A being enshrined in the Bill of Rights is a lot different than the abortion issue.

The abortion issue will only change by passing laws.
Amendment 5 clearly says No person shall be deprived of life without due process of law. Now all we need is an admittance that a child inside its mother is a person. There is no reasonable argument that says otherwise.

What the free choice people need is a constitutional amendment that allows them to do their deed. There already is an amendment (5) to prevent what they do.

Text, History, and Tradition.

We've already discussed the legality of abortion in the founding era and how the founders did not intend for the 5th Amendment to cover this.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
>> 1st thing that needs to be addressed in this next election in 2024 is a honest correctly counted election in every state in America !

Last edited by pete53; 05/09/24.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was kinda thinking the same thing walking back to the house tonight.

Seems like the pro mandate, pro jab, pro destroy people's lives because I don't want to admit I am wrong bunch also seem to be pro killing babies.

Worried about "winning". Winning what? Democrat of the Year?

Winning the most tax dollars to Ukraine award?

Win some more Biggest Wealth Transfer In History award?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
It's strategy Jim, you and I wouldn't understand it.

JFC.

You 2 losers sat your azzes on the couch and let Pro Abortion/Anti Gun Senator Tester squeak out a win in Montana and here you shitbags want to play some stupid game on the Campfire.

Either one of you can't quote a single post against Tester for either being Pro Abortion or Anti Gun yet the rest of us had to suffer him because you're both lazy fuckheads or Democrat operatives.

Not a single post about Pro Abortion /Anti Gun Tester this time around either.

Sad fucking losers just trying to give the Dems as many wins as possible.
Can someone settle this fat chitbag down a bit

Where's Handy Jackson and his Taser when you need him?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The thing is, 'believing' in something, doesn't pass legislation. The 2A being enshrined in the Bill of Rights is a lot different than the abortion issue.

Amendment 5 clearly says No person shall be deprived of life without due process of law. Now all we need is an admittance that a child inside its mother is a person. There is no reasonable argument that says otherwise.

What the free choice people need is a constitutional amendment that allows them to do their deed. There already is an amendment (5) to prevent what they do.

We've already discussed the legality of abortion in the founding era and how the founders did not intend for the 5th Amendment to cover this.
I don't know what they intended,I know what they wrote. My daughter birthed twins by emergency C-section 2 months early. They were persons as soon as they came out and with oxygen and feeding at first they are now healthy troublemakers at 2 and1/2 years old.

What were they 15 minutes before they were cut out.

I know it's a thorny issue and millions of women of child bearing age are sexually active and want that ace in hand if birth control fails. They live in fear of an unwanted pregnancy. It's a nasty problem and I am positive abortion will remain legal.

I understood the point the OP was making as soon as I read it. I too enjoy putting people on the spot, especially our religious nuts.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't think people realize how close we are to a D house, D senate, and D whitehouse. I've housed over 50 foster kids in my life respecting the sanctity of life and the responsibility of believing in such. I also understand winning. Right now, R's need to win and must be politically expedient to do so.

1 member likes this: Jowiri
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Alan_C
The 2nd amendment is mandatory for freedom.

The problem is it’s divisive and losing Reps votes with suburban soccer moms.

To win we have to make sacrifices.

I wish yall would stop being so selfish and look at the big picture rather than your selfish, provincial, narrow interests.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Open southern border, no cash bail, defund the police, Soros funded DA's that won't prosecute, squatters, college "occupations", and whatever else I haven't thought of. But sure, I should cave on the gun fight. Why would you want the ability to defend yourself against large mobs that may try to kill you.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Spot on.

Everyone knows that a baby inside of the womb is a life. Even the people that support abortion know it. They call it tissue when convenient but nearly all of them would consider it homicide if someone intentionally causes miscarriage against the mother’s will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s too divisive.
Who’s with me?
No one I would associate with...

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You are right....why don't we all just avoid any topic that might anger the Left, and embrace Marxism so nobody will get offended...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
First off, I feel the 2A is a hill worth dying on. However, I don't think the 2A is a primary issue in the 2024 election.

Right now, the front line in the fight for the 2A is in the hands of SCOTUS. They've just agreed to take on all the major assault weapon and magazine bans and issue a decision. That will be coming before November. The mere fact that they are combining the cases is a sign they don't believe in the subtle distinctions that proponents use to set their law apart from Bruen and Heller. Best guess is that this decision will be in line with Heller and Bruen. There are also cases on the docket that could castrate BATFE and the 1934 NFA.

The real fight for 2A is in the state legislatures and the governors' mansions. You have a handful of states that won't respect the 2A, and will keep on trying to ignore and weasel their way around the 2A. Until that gets quashed, the 2A will continue to be stomped down in those states.

My advice to those who support the 2A: campaign for pro-2A candidates in the state legislature. Lend support to the pro-2A groups that are battling back and filing the lawsuits.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
1 member likes this: GMMuscle
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The struggle to understand sarcasm and make proper associations is real.

2 members like this: GMMuscle, Stophel
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It’s too divisive.

I mean I am super conservative and whatnot, but I don’t believe on standing in principle if I think something is right or wrong.

Let’s win the election first guys, use whatever language it takes to get elected, then really implement policy.

Who’s with me?
NOT I!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I don't know what they intended,I know what they wrote. My daughter birthed twins by emergency C-section 2 months early. They were persons as soon as they came out and with oxygen and feeding at first they are now healthy troublemakers at 2 and1/2 years old.

What were they 15 minutes before they were cut out.

I know it's a thorny issue and millions of women of child bearing age are sexually active and want that ace in hand if birth control fails. They live in fear of an unwanted pregnancy. It's a nasty problem and I am positive abortion will remain legal.

I understood the point the OP was making as soon as I read it. I too enjoy putting people on the spot, especially our religious nuts.

Constitutionally that as irrelevant as modern "mass shootings".

Either you have a well established tradition of founding era analog laws or you don't.

Text history and tradition is not just for the 2nd Amendment. It applies to the interpretation of the whole constitution.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It’s too divisive.

I mean I am super conservative and whatnot, but I don’t believe on standing in principle if I think something is right or wrong.

Let’s win the election first guys, use whatever language it takes to get elected, then really implement policy.

Who’s with me?

I dont think gun control is a big push in the national elections right now. With the amount of Illegals in our country I think even a lot of liberals feel ill at ease unconsciously. Dems see having the appearance of grabbing guns from them as a losing prospect at the current time.

Make no mistake, they will push for it hard in the future, but will wait to see if they can get enough control of Congress to pack SCOTUS.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
It’s too divisive.

Who’s with me?

WOW! 🤬 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Man, even with being as autistic as i am, i can still recognise obvious sarcasm. I don't know how some of y'all even get your shoes tied in the morning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
The struggle to understand sarcasm and make proper associations is real.
It really is lol. Its still going even though the sarcasm has been pointed out numerous times. Too funny

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Stophel
Man, even with being as autistic as i am, i can still recognise obvious sarcasm. I don't know how some of y'all even get your shoes tied in the morning.

Yeah, the OP went right over a lot of heads, but I'm not too surprised.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 1,920 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,257
Posts18,525,226
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.