Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by acooper1983
i bet you couldnt do my "monkey job" ? So many people confuse skilled labor crafts with the UAW.

I agree there are skilled jobs in union...not all unions are the same. But the market needs to... has to... drive the value for that skill...you always get the lowest common denominator of skill with unions...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I have seen "skilled labor", boiler makers that is. Ef ups from the get go. Legends in their own minds.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
i bet you couldnt do my "monkey job" ? So many people confuse skilled labor crafts with the UAW.

One doesn't have to be in a union to be skilled labor. That's not to say that journeyman training for skilled trades is not good in some unions, nor lack skills.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Right to work has the lowest unemployment in the nation...see how stats work?

laffin

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regardless of how it turns out, there is going to be a lot of estrogen fueled bitching at the hospital I work at.

frown

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry Dave, but it ain't gunna happen. It may have a chance of passing the House and Senate, nice to see them at least try. If it does, all hell will break loose, think Wisc. Scott Walker.

The Union will mobilize it's paid protesters and Occupy the Capitol. The Media will portray this as Big Business destroying the rights of the workin man, and it will work. Those that supported the Bill will back down cuz they are "just trying to get along" and are tired of smelling Human excrement in the halls of the Capitol.

If it does come to a public vote it will be dead in the water. The Union and Media will have successfully demonized the Republicans as anti worker in favor of the Rich.

If by some Miracle this Bill makes it though to a public vote and is passed, it will be short lived. The Unions will have this before a Federal Judge in minutes at it will be squashed.

Sorry for the negative attitude, but deep down I think you know I am right.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
thats fine Dave, your wife wants out, its her privelage to make up her own mind.
tell me theres no non - union job she could take.
go ahead and get that job- stand up and be proud of your stance.

Tell me again in twenty years when your ready to retire how good your boss was and how your family is better off because she made a stand.
Remind me again why it is that the movement to unionization was brought on by the good will of wealthy employers, and that they ever thought of anyone in their employment as an asset.

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Have you ever taken a long hard look at a Union Pension fund? It is a total and complete scam on the workin man and his employer. Run the Union pension $$ numbers compared to a private fund and be prepared to [bleep] yourself.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
also has the lowest wage in the nation, and look towards the bottom of that list, VERY right to work heavy down there.

Im a journeymen Inside wiremen (everything after the transmission lines) 5 yrs of school, 8,000 OJT hours, thats a lot more training than any non union program, by far. Thats not to say that there arent good non union tradesmen, but the ones that are good, usually end up going union because they realize they're not making what they're worth, there are no non union outfits that will offer what our contractors will offer for the right guys.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
Have you ever taken a long hard look at a Union Pension fund? It is a total and complete scam on the workin man and his employer. Run the Union pension $$ numbers compared to a private fund and be prepared to [bleep] yourself.

What pension fund are you referring to, talking about them as one lumped entity leads me to believe your ignorant in the subject. Mine is a private pension, and is 100% funded, as is my annuity.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I hope it makes to the "people" for a vote because it will pass. Over 70% of the MN folks want it to happen.

Camp is where you make it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You union guys whine like a woman with a broken high heel....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The right to work.... FOR LESS. Realize that right to work states have the lowest hourly wages in the nation, and the highest unemployment numbers.

That's funny [bleep]. I make more than the union cats in my office doing the same job I do. I also pay less insurance, and get twice the vacation. Imagine what you could do if you could negotiate your OWN wages. Keep drinking that IL Kool-aid tho.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish people would disclose WHAT union they are speaking about when they say something, because all of them are differnt you cant paint them all with one brush. Im going to assume most of your ass's are chapped because of the UAW, and pensions that are defined contribution, as in, at retirement a person gets a certain number of dollars per month per year of service... so say that number is 35$/month x 35years of service= a pension of 1225/month. I can see where a person on the outside would see that as a rip off as that is not much money, but 90% of the unions out there also have an annuity program which is the bulk of thier retirement. I have a pension, and an annuity, both 100$ backed up dollar for dollar. The pension isnt a ton of money (i used my numbers above) the annuity is what will make me be able to retire, Its set up as a hourly dollar amount for every hour of work i do gets put into this and invested under my name, i can either have it in a pooled fund, or i can have it self directed and choose my own plans, and be much more aggressive.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
The right to work.... FOR LESS. Realize that right to work states have the lowest hourly wages in the nation, and the highest unemployment numbers.

That's funny [bleep]. I make more than the union cats in my office doing the same job I do. I also pay less insurance, and get twice the vacation. Imagine what you could do if you could negotiate your OWN wages. Keep drinking that IL Kool-aid tho.

I bet that id have a helluva time getting 40/hr on the check, my health insurence paid for with up to a year of banked hours, and 14.63/hr into my annuity, with over time and double time on it, thats what collective bargaining has done for me, and you better believe i earn it, if i dont, the contractors will send your ass right back to the hall. You state your in an office, im assuming your not a tradesmen then, very differnt, which you obviously have a hard time understanding

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by levrluvr

And you have as much useless [bleep] come out of your mouth as anyone on this site. Id love to meet you in person to see if your really as ignorant as you portray yourself on here, i see your in so wisco, Id like to invite you to the beloit rifle club for a day of shooting to see if you can debate in person :-D. On my union dime ofcourse :-D

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh yeah. I don't pay their BS union dues either. See what they'll do for you when you get laid off. Bet they don't help you find work....oh, don't get me wrong. Your union brothers will tell you they will.

I've never seen more unhappy workers the the union guys.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

And you have as much useless [bleep] come out of your mouth as anyone on this site. Id love to meet you in person to see if your really as ignorant as you portray yourself on here, i see your in so wisco, Id like to invite you to the beloit rifle club for a day of shooting to see if you can debate in person :-D. On my union dime ofcourse :-D

There's the good old union bully coming out...but we knew it would didn't we?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh yeah. I don't pay their BS union dues either. See what they'll do for you when you get laid off. Bet they don't help you find work....oh, don't get me wrong. Your union brothers will tell you they will.

I've never seen more unhappy workers the the union guys.

lol t- your not very up snuff on this matter. I was laid off Dec 6, worked 2, 2 week jobs after that, and went back to a full time job that will take up till hunting season 2 weeks ago. Guess what, my hall did find me that job, we have an out of work list, you sign that list, when a job call comes up, you bid on that job call, if people ahead of you pass that call up, you get a job. Its very simple and very effective.. btw, i signed that book at 106, and i took my job at position 63. It sounds to me like you have a shop union, probably UAW or something of that nature, you have no understanding of a trade union, and a hiring hall. They;re the way a union is supposed to work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There's the good old union bully coming out...but we knew it would didn't we?

how am i a bully ? because i offerd to pay for him to come shoot at a club im a member at, on my dime? and we could debate ? If thats being a bull, your just whiny little sissy.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1badf350, 21, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1234, 60 invisible), 18,811 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,855
Posts18,537,573
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
11 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.