-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When that Campfire advertiser happens to offer just about EVERY brand you can think of it certainly weakens your argument... such as it is...

[Linked Image]

This was the 7th of May... This particular model gets lots of praise, but only, it seems, from those that actually use it...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh... Like the hat?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I am five for five without a hitch and a lot of rounds through them...

What sorts of complaints did they have and how many scopes did they go through for that many problems? That seems way out from my personal experience...

Worked ok at first the all the sudden would no longer hold zero. In fact they were more than just a little off. That is ok if you're shooting paper. Shooting big brown fuzzy things not ok. Vortex replaced everyone of the scopes with no problem. But Jack decided no more after scope number four.

NRA Lifetime Member
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Great picture!

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When that Campfire advertiser happens to offer just about EVERY brand you can think of it certainly weakens your argument... such as it is...

[Linked Image]

This was the 7th of May... This particular model gets lots of praise, but only, it seems, from those that actually use it...
art

I dunno what model he is using but it has to be better than the crossfire series of scopes. Either that or someone does not know chit from chinola. The scopes that I picked up a couple weeks ago were crap for the money paid, a bushnell bubble packaged walmart 60 dollar scope is made as well or better.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rattler

while i dont have any high end glass to compare them to

Purge some stuff and buy some high end glass. Even a Zeiss Conquest and Meopta Meopro are a step up from most on the market, including the crap leupold pawns off as quality.

If I could go back in time I would have 3 guns. A varmint rifle, medium rifle, and larger rifle, all wearing top end optics. Instead I have a safe full of mediocre crap I keep for sentimental reasons. Purge coming though...

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
im out of much to purge, that happened a couple years ago due to medical bills, what i have now is what i use regularly....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I got medical bills coming too, really hoping it will ignite the purge.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not a big fan here. Have shot multiple guns with Vortex scopes and did not care for the glass or eye relief. Did not test the tracking on the variables.

Doveryai no Proveryai

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EddyBo

[Linked Image]

art

I dunno what model he is using but it has to be better than the crossfire series of scopes. Either that or someone does not know chit from chinola. The scopes that I picked up a couple weeks ago were crap for the money paid, a bushnell bubble packaged walmart 60 dollar scope is made as well or better.

It is a model they changed the name on about the time I got this one... My box calls it a Viper, but I believe the PST designation is current. It is a better than decent scope and I took off a 3x Leupie which is a scope I really like for big rifles. For big critters up close there is plenty of magnification, even when you use none. And it has spent significant time on an AR15.

I also have a Crossfire II 3-9x40 and a Diamondback and they work just fine. The others are higher end.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big_Bullseye
Not a big fan here. Have shot multiple guns with Vortex scopes and did not care for the glass or eye relief. Did not test the tracking on the variables.

Which model gave you eye relief concerns?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have two Vortex Scopes and one is a 2x7 and the other 3x9, both scope are the Viper Series. I haven't used the 3x9 it is still new in the box, but the 2x7 has worked great on my 7x57 Mauser , so far. I thinking of taking the 2x7 and placing it on one of my AR calling rifles .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm gonna have to try them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Big_Bullseye

Which model gave you eye relief concerns?

Honestly I don't remember as I have looked through several as a couple of my friends like them. If I was interested in buying one for myself I probably would have paid more attention. Me and my group of shooting friends are equally split on them. A few guys like them and a few of us really don't.

Doveryai no Proveryai

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hear good things about some of the VV scopes, but it would be my advice not stoop down into their value offerings, you will be disappointed.
My first vortex was early on in their growth as a scope maker. I sent two or three back before giving up. I hear they have sorted out a lot of their issues. But, I doubt I ever buy another.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have not found a Pacific Rim made scope, not including some of the Japanese offerings from years gone by, worth mounting on my hunting rifles.

I'm sorry if I can't jump on the Vortex band wagon.

That hat is nice, Art wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Not on the wagon either, especially given the endorsement by the 24HCF resident thief. I tried out the Vortex Viper 8x32 HD as compared to a Leupy GR HD 8x32. The GR HD is far superior.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does your Son know you're a thief? wink

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Vortex Viper HS LR and it has been a good scope for the money I have no complaints. I also own Leopold's, Burris, Nikon's, Zeiss, Swarovski's and probably some I have forgotten about. I prefer Swarovski's and my Zeiss but the Vortex I have works just fine. If I had a complaint it would be the reticle is thinner than I really like.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okok
Does your Son know you're a thief? wink

Better question... Do you KNOW I am? Or are you just guessing? I see lots of clueless idiots making claims they know nothing about... when more than enough information is out there to realize they have far less than the whole story.

Why would I steal a total POS stock that I would never in a million years consider using? Even after I spent tremendous time making it presentable?

Is your reading comprehension that pathetic?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 21, 6MMWASP, 7 invisible), 1,425 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,894
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.