Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Been taking MegaRed omega 3 Krill oil, Made by Schiff.
100 softgels for $23. at Costco.

Way better than the fishie tasting softgels, and work just as good.

Virgil B.

This though I buy the generic version at Wally World.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In addition to the Mayo Clinic report, take a peek here: http://hub.jhu.edu/2013/12/17/vitamins-might-be-harmful

Eat well, eat right, and well balanced. Work out, and take care of yourself. That will go FAR further than some snake oil you get in a bottle or a pill.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My doctor has me on Lovaza. Blood has looked better since then. One thing to mention is that after you've just taken the Lovaza, do not eat Peanut Butter. That is truly a bad mix of stuff.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
That will go FAR further than some snake oil you get in a bottle or a pill.

Dude, were talking fish oil here.

Not snake.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 603Country
My doctor has me on Lovaza. Blood has looked better since then. One thing to mention is that after you've just taken the Lovaza, do not eat Peanut Butter. That is truly a bad mix of stuff.
why?

What happens?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
That will go FAR further than some snake oil you get in a bottle or a pill.

Dude, were talking fish oil here.

Not snake.

Could (perhaps should?) be one of these:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rem141r
eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a salad for lunch, a peice of fruit or two during the day and some broiled chicken or lean red meat and lots of veg's for dinner. exercise 30-60 min a day doing cardio or weights and all your numbers will be fine and you will be a middle-aged stud like me who can outrun and out work people half my age.

or spend big bucks on magic pills that are made from polluted fish parts that were dragged off the processing floor and call it a day.

Dr. Rem
You got it right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Omega-3s have been proven to be a benefit. By your numbers, you need to talk to yout MD about some statins.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
Omega-3s have been proven to be a benefit. By your numbers, you need to talk to yout MD about some statins.
Are you operating under the long debunked myth that dietary cholesterol has an effect on blood cholesterol, or the long debunked myth that blood cholesterol has anything to do with cardiovascular disease, or a combination of the two? wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Slumlord, all day I was burping up a greasy mix of fishy tasting peanut butter. Nasty.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
your body, if relatively healthy, can make all of the fatty acids it needs from two essential fatty acids: linoleic acid and linolenic acid.

You probably get enough of these two acids if you eat a well balanced diet. One of the best foods to eat would be freshly ground flax seeds.

High doses of Lovasa have been used in an attempt to lower high triglycerides. High triglycerides mask true cholesterol levels and may be a contributor to atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick
This the good stuff? Cost me $32 worth it? Damn sure tastes a bit better than the fish burp pills.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attracts big dogs

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll stick with flax seed oil. I hate burping nasty fish taste.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Are you operating under the long debunked myth that dietary cholesterol has an effect on blood cholesterol, or the long debunked myth that blood cholesterol has anything to do with cardiovascular disease, or a combination of the two? wink

Oh Gawd, here we go again. Would it help to mention that statins have cardio protect benefits that go beyond lowering Cholesterol? Probably not.

Nolite mittere margaritas ante porcos. smirk

Learned that, inter alia, at the Medical College of Georgia. You?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

No way im taking statins. Seen enough BS from them in relatives. No one in my family, on either side, tolerate them at all for some reason.

Ill go the red yeast rice, niacin, and fish oil route first. Figured id try this fish oil and see what it tasted like, and get ya'lls opinion on it.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Attracts big dogs

If thems police dogs guess I wont have to worry bout the fish oil then...lol.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Holy crap

Take a knee is gonna rip you a new one

laugh

Pretty sure TAK has me on ignore, the filthy foookin cum guzzlin sperm burpin sob

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Holy crap. Take a knee is gonna rip you a new one.

grin grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

I just eat fish. cool
Eggs from pastured hens contain .66 grams of Omega 3 per egg. Eat three, and you've had a natural dose of Omega 3 greater than from one of those fish oil pills. Non-pastured hens only have one-third that much Omega 3, so you'd need nine of those daily to match a fish oil pill. Pastured hens get the Omega 3 from eating wild greens, seeds, bugs, and grubs, all day.

All Omega 3's and all "Omega 3 eggs" are not created equal, so read the label and see how much DHA/EPA vs. ALA you're getting. According to this, some "Omega 3 eggs" are produced by feeding hens ground flaxseed, and have a lot more ALA than DHA, which is what you want:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ice-or-marketing-gimmick/article4574714/

A wise man is frequently humbled.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In addition to the Mayo Clinic report, take a peek here: http://hub.jhu.edu/2013/12/17/vitamins-might-be-harmful

Eat well, eat right, and well balanced. Work out, and take care of yourself. That will go FAR further than some snake oil you get in a bottle or a pill.

Multivitamins, ill agree with the article. Most dont carry therapeutic levels of many vitamins and minerals that some folks need. Case in point....

With my GERD issue(which really isnt GERD, but caustic burns, the irritaion messes with the vagus nerve, increasing heart rate at times) I am now back on Nexium. PPI's like Nexium deplete Magnesium, and Calcium. But my bloods showed Calcium spot on, Magnesium was borderline low, BEFORE taking Nexium. So now I take 600mg Cal, throw in 5000IU of D3, 600 mg Mag Glycinate. Oh and 600mg CoQ10 just in case.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 6,678 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,827
Posts18,537,004
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.