Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's hilarious reading the snot from the Mini 14 haters. Funniest part is where they say you have to spend a lot of money on a Mini to get it to shoot right, and then in the next thread, brag about all the high dollar accessories and modifications they do on their AR rifles. To get those to shoot right. laughing. smile
You have some good minis. I love the look of them over the look of the AR.

But in reality I can take a 150 dollar or less lower AR, put a 180 dollar or so upper on it and have a MOA gun. Sometimes a bit better. Sometimes worse. But way more reliably MOA on average without doing anything else. Our Truck guns are 180 buck uppers.

The add ons rarely help accuracy. Other than replacing a barrel with a top line barrel. And thats what we did with our guns because we were after 10 shot 1.5 inch 300 yard groups and 5 shot groups 3 inches or so at 600. few factory AR will do that. I doubt a factory mini would.

Both are great guns though in their own ways. And if we are happy. Then we are happy.

I do recall a guy with a shilen tube on a mini and it was a pretty good gun. He never beat my M14 or AR but...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....