Originally Posted by hookeye
Im a hunter and a shooter.
Grew up reloading and varmint hunting.

Have never long range hunted deer.
Not something I really want to do.

But it might happen.
If so, I will have practiced for it.

I don't shoot at stuff.

Shoot expecting a dead animal. Or I just don't shoot.

My limits, are my limits. They might change from current though.

Expect to play around at 500 and farther this summer, with a new rifle.

Let us know how things go for you as you begin to stretch things out.
E

Will do.
Be interesting to see how it goes.
Everybody has to start someplace (assuming they are willing to try/learn).

Last edited by hookeye; 12/20/23.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by xphunter

But it might happen.

I don't shoot at stuff.

E

Will do.

You can only start, where you are at.
Good for you!
You will learn so much, by just actually shooting at distance.
Having a mentor with you is priceless.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
With a hunting career of 54 years and having hunted with many people for most birds and most big game in North America, I can honestly say that average hunters are terrible shooters, especially on game.

I can say, after 52 years of hunting, and guiding over 160 hunters as well, that you are absolutely correct, at least IME. The hunters that showed up bragging on their equipment and shooting ability were often times the worst.

Well, at least they had you and me to back them up lol

I'd be willing to bet that most of us here are not "average" hunters, or even average shooters.

Here, on this forum, I agree 100%, the general public is whom I was referring to!

As well as people I have hunted with over the years.

BSA is probably right, but then again, I never guided anyone from this board. Most of them showed up over-scoped and over gunned (and under-practiced as Ingwe once added, and oh so true).

You guys are making a lot of sense. I've seen some scary stuff too. Don't know if I'd call those guys average hunters or less than average hunters though. ha ha.. I'm thinking a lot of us here on the long range forum probably shoot much more than the average hunter does. Not to insult those types, but those are just facts. We would not be here, if we did not have a passion for it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

But it might happen.

I don't shoot at stuff.

E

Will do.

I offer this little bit of advice to anyone I happen across that's expressing interest in long range shooting. Find a club near you that hosts PRS matches. That's the Precision Rifle Series. It's a nationwide disapline of rifle competition that has figured out how to encompass all levels of skill set and equipment with the goal of elevating everyone who seeks to move up their own personal ladder.
I would first start by just going and observing the goings on at a few matches, mentioning to a few folks that you're interested in learning to shoot long range, and just let it snowball from there. I have no doubt you will meet people more than willing to advise, help, and even share equipment when it comes time to actually shoot a match. I've seen with my own eyes several times seasoned shooters offering to lend a rifle and ammo to a new shooter. There's a VERY good chance those people you find to talk to were once in your exact shoes wanting to learn from someone.
You will find that you do not need to jump right in with a huge investment in equipment. Yeah, there's a lot of shooters that do go nuts with gear, but I've seen a lot of good shooters make it through a match with just a bipod and something that functions as a rear bag. The Armageddon Gear Game Changer bag is a superb multi use piece of kit that works as a rear bag and a dozen other things. Anything you read on PRS will tell you that your rifle need only be 1 MOA capable, and common sense tells you to use an optic that will get you out to distance.
PRS puts you in all kinds of situations and positions that are very "hunting" applicable. Quite frankly some of it is good urban training as well if you can imagine what I'm saying. I've shot stages that included pickup truck beds, shooting from inside an SUV vehicle out the back window and out the side, and shooting from the vehicle's roof and hood. All kinds of concrete props, piles of tires, 55 gal drums, boulder rocks, logs, barricades, tank traps, and even a stage that mimicked shooting off a rocking boat at Woody's in NC. There's a 4 story tower at Virginia International Raceway shooting range that we shot from and got a good taste of high angle shooting from up there. Just about anything a MD can dream up for stages goes, he's in total control of what his match consists of.
One single season of shooting PRS matches and talking to those people will teach you more about real world long range shooting than just about anything else. You will burn at least 100 rounds a match at ranges from 250 or 300 yards out to 1200 yards depending on the venue. It will humble you 8 ways to Sunday, and if you possess the drive to learn and take solid advice, and can self critique, you will be a competent long range shooter in short order.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Feral_American

But it might happen.

I don't shoot at stuff.

E

Will do.

I offer this little bit of advice to anyone I happen across that's expressing interest in long range shooting. Find a club near you that hosts PRS matches. That's the Precision Rifle Series. It's a nationwide disapline of rifle competition that has figured out how to encompass all levels of skill set and equipment with the goal of elevating everyone who seeks to move up their own personal ladder.
I would first start by just going and observing the goings on at a few matches, mentioning to a few folks that you're interested in learning to shoot long range, and just let it snowball from there. I have no doubt you will meet people more than willing to advise, help, and even share equipment when it comes time to actually shoot a match. I've seen with my own eyes several times seasoned shooters offering to lend a rifle and ammo to a new shooter. There's a VERY good chance those people you find to talk to were once in your exact shoes wanting to learn from someone.
You will find that you do not need to jump right in with a huge investment in equipment. Yeah, there's a lot of shooters that do go nuts with gear, but I've seen a lot of good shooters make it through a match with just a bipod and something that functions as a rear bag. The Armageddon Gear Game Changer bag is a superb multi use piece of kit that works as a rear bag and a dozen other things. Anything you read on PRS will tell you that your rifle need only be 1 MOA capable, and common sense tells you to use an optic that will get you out to distance.
PRS puts you in all kinds of situations and positions that are very "hunting" applicable. Quite frankly some of it is good urban training as well if you can imagine what I'm saying. I've shot stages that included pickup truck beds, shooting from inside an SUV vehicle out the back window and out the side, and shooting from the vehicle's roof and hood. All kinds of concrete props, piles of tires, 55 gal drums, boulder rocks, logs, barricades, tank traps, and even a stage that mimicked shooting off a rocking boat at Woody's in NC. There's a 4 story tower at Virginia International Raceway shooting range that we shot from and got a good taste of high angle shooting from up there. Just about anything a MD can dream up for stages goes, he's in total control of what his match consists of.
One single season of shooting PRS matches and talking to those people will teach you more about real world long range shooting than just about anything else. You will burn at least 100 rounds a match at ranges from 250 or 300 yards out to 1200 yards depending on the venue. It will humble you 8 ways to Sunday, and if you possess the drive to learn and take solid advice, and can self critique, you will be a competent long range shooter in short order.

OH NO!!!

Don’t recommend shooting friendly competitions to improve your long range shooting and hunting!

Xphunter will have a meltdown!

Last edited by rcamuglia; 12/20/23.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I just have to be a little bit sad for the OP...He doesn't respond to questions about himself.
I am not sure why...I guess we could make lots of assumptions about his interaction in a group he is obviously clueless about.
He has made many false assumptions himself, which has lended itself to some pretty funny posts, at his expense.
Does he really believe he is going to change things in his postings?
Does he not have a life?
I do not pretend or think my posts will change him in any way.
So many unanswered questions about this tormented soul.

Can I make an assumption that he is pretty much opposed to all forms of archery hunting?
Yet to use a modern bolt action rifle, surely cannot be legitimate hunting.
It is okay to realize you are not being rational or fair to folks in this forum area.
Polarizing a group for whatever reason, is emotionally immature...My sincere encouragement is for you to bow out of this thread, and give yourself to something productive.
I hope your anger and bitterness doesn't bleed into your relationships around you, but I have my doubts.

It seems he pretty much hates technology, and those who understand it, and are capable of using it, so I am wondering if, he opposes the new bow technology, which reduces time of flight and accuracy issues, at the same time being opposed to long bow hunting, because of the longer time of flight.

Is he just jealous of people who shoot a custom rifle? Jell-O-Spurt...
Does he actually believe if someone hunts with a factory rifle like one of his model 700's, that automatically removes, lack of field shooting skill.

I think that with his bottom line being "you cannot predict what the animal will do, the effect of the wind, mirage, not to mention his own performance every single time under field conditions," I think that Conflict-A-Spurt, should give up hunting and shooting all together.
All of this drama will likely end in a self-fulfilling prophecy for you.
A wannabe's attitude with this much anger, doubt, and conflict has no business in the field, especially since you have lost the confidence in yourself.
When our emotions get really high, our ability to be rational is noticeably diminished, but in that emotional funk, we think our clarity is powerful (Self-Deception)
I think there needs to be some pity for someone who is so conflicted, and yet does not realize he is conflicted.

Yes, I have lowered myself in this post.
I am both reacting and responding.
I think he likes the reacting part...So I will admit, I have probably fed the fool in him some.
I do not typically interact this way, although I enjoy sarcasm and a good laugh.
Hopefully, this anonymous gent (It is easy to hide behind a screen) will realize his words really mean nothing to the LR hunters here, but he has exposed his own inner world, which no doubt involves some things that all of us should want to avoid as a pattern of life.

I must admit, I Have Been Entertained by a number of these posts (not the OP's).

Merry Christmas and a have a Great New Year!

I like your post. I'd shoot or hunt with you anytime. Hell, I was just out practicing holdovers out to 800 yards a bit ago, while chatting with Gunner500 here. There's some good guys here, and some you know shoot a lot. Some compete, some don't. You don't have to, to be a great shooter, but there's something about the competition that is great. Sometimes it can be humbling, and it may knock your self esteem down a notch. But if you are anything like me, that only makes you work harder to get to your goal.

In this practice today, I am shooting with no rear support. My club requires that, in the longrange shoots we do. So, I grabbed my rifle that I know shoots well, and went to the range. This is one I threw into a Mcmillan A3 edge about 6 months ago. It handles great in the prone position.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Set the Accu Tac bi-pod high, because some of the targets are high on the hill. The first one is the usual 400 yards:
Aiming for the hole in the plate, I almost blew a chunk out of it.

500 yard plate. The hole on the bottom of the plate is there for hanging it. Just incase you were wondering:
3 shots into what looks like less than 2".

Good enough to move on. No misses yet, so move on to the 600 yard plates:
First 3 shots were on the target on the right. Sloppy, but wanted to make sure my holdover was right. Settled down a bit and made the 3 shots on the plate, to the left.

700 yards:
Center punched the big plate on the right. Holding 17 moa on the reticle, and it's pretty close. Plate on the left suffers. It did get hit 3 times consecutively, but the picture sucks and it's hard to see the bullet splash.:
The smaller plates are 10" in diameter. Still, no misses yet. On to the 800 yard plates.

800 yards. This is where I missed a few, but I was taking ammo from a different box. Using Starline brass, instead of the load I was using previously that had Hornady brass. Had to slightly adjust hold, but not by much. Shot 5 into about 5", but slightly to the right. On to the small 10" plate:
Sorry, the pics suck. Using my very old spotter from 1958. Didn't bring my better spotter. The small plate at 800 was a challenge. I hit it 3 times out of 6 shots. No one is perfect.. At 800, I'm holding right on the sharp point of the bottom reticle, or 21 moa:
At 800, I had to hold the left edge of the small plate to make the hits. Wind was minimal.

Now, that gives the OP something to chew on..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Xspurt
The bottom line is you cannot predict what the animal will do, the effect wind, mirage, and your own performance every single time under field conditions. The farther the shot the more problems with it are amplified. Everyone knows this just very few have the fortitude to follow through. The most expensive rifle, bullets, and other paraphernalia cannot compensate for natures whims. Wannabes will blame everything but their attitude and will never be legitimate successful and true hunters. Unfortunately for real hunters and game that's just a fact of life.

There it is.

The OP feels he is the superior "true" hunter, with anyone who shoots further than he can, a "wannabe. He also is the "real hunter" and if anyone does not do things like he does, they are not legitimate hunters.

Sure sounds a LOT like that Garanimals character. The one who was the all knowing "Xspurt" on sniping, and lectured the board here on what yardage true sniping began. At least until I showed him pictures I took during an actual operation in Iraq from a rooftop, where many of the engagement ranges had the possibility to be less than 1/3 the distance his imagination and old Carlos Hathcock style fantasy books conjured up.

He got taken to the woodshed and did his best to ignore any direct conversation or questions. EXACTLY like the OP is doing now...

What a surprise.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My God, what has happened to the Campfire? All this trolling and nobody, nobody, posts a

DFTFT!!!!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Both shooters that hunt or hunters that shoot should all consider themselves members of the same brotherhood who enjoy their common passion for the outdoors.
The degree of preference towards different aspects of hunting, be it gear, shooting skills, stalking skill, physical condition, etc. seems to make ones enemies of the others, and watching this kind of fighting in the internet always leaves me with a bad taste.
Those that enjoy the stalk are a not a bunch of illiterate bumpkins who cannot even read the numbers on a ballistic turrets, nor those that enjoy the shooting are a bunch of self worshipping geeks who can`t put a stalk on a milk cow.

In my mind, hunting is a challenge to beat an animal instincts while integrating in its surroundings, and if I shoot further than his security area I won't be beating anything except my ego. But this is just my choice and I always understood that anyone should make his own and do whatever he enjoys more or makes him happier.

Merry Xmas to all, shooters that hunt and hunters that shoot as they are all my fellow hunters.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Xspurt
The bottom line is you cannot predict what the animal will do, the effect wind, mirage, and your own performance every single time under field conditions. The farther the shot the more problems with it are amplified. Everyone knows this just very few have the fortitude to follow through. The most expensive rifle, bullets, and other paraphernalia cannot compensate for natures whims. Wannabes will blame everything but their attitude and will never be legitimate successful and true hunters. Unfortunately for real hunters and game that's just a fact of life.

There it is.

The OP feels he is the superior "true" hunter, with anyone who shoots further than he can, a "wannabe. He also is the "real hunter" and if anyone does not do things like he does, they are not legitimate hunters.

Sure sounds a LOT like that Garanimals character. The one who was the all knowing "Xspurt" on sniping, and lectured the board here on what yardage true sniping began. At least until I showed him pictures I took during an actual operation in Iraq from a rooftop, where many of the engagement ranges had the possibility to be less than 1/3 the distance his imagination and old Carlos Hathcock style fantasy books conjured up.

He got taken to the woodshed and did his best to ignore any direct conversation or questions. EXACTLY like the OP is doing now...

What a surprise.

I would not get too worked up over it. He's proven he can't shoot for schiddt, so he makes excuses and proposes his self proclaimed limits on others. There are people here that have proven they can take critters at a very long ways off. It's not hard to do. Those of us that have done it, know that.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chamois
Both shooters that hunt or hunters that shoot should all consider themselves members of the same brotherhood who enjoy their common passion for the outdoors.
The degree of preference towards different aspects of hunting, be it gear, shooting skills, stalking skill, physical condition, etc. seems to make ones enemies of the others, and watching this kind of fighting in the internet always leaves me with a bad taste.
Those that enjoy the stalk are a not a bunch of illiterate bumpkins who cannot even read the numbers on a ballistic turrets, nor those that enjoy the shooting are a bunch of self worshipping geeks who can`t put a stalk on a milk cow.

In my mind, hunting is a challenge to beat an animal instincts while integrating in its surroundings, and if I shoot further than his security area I won't be beating anything except my ego. But this is just my choice and I always understood that anyone should make his own and do whatever he enjoys more or makes him happier.

Merry Xmas to all, shooters that hunt and hunters that shoot as they are all my fellow hunters.

Merry Christmas buddy.

Well said.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I just have to be a little bit sad for the OP...He doesn't respond to questions about himself.
I am not sure why...I guess we could make lots of assumptions about his interaction in a group he is obviously clueless about.
He has made many false assumptions himself, which has lended itself to some pretty funny posts, at his expense.
Does he really believe he is going to change things in his postings?
Does he not have a life?
I do not pretend or think my posts will change him in any way.
So many unanswered questions about this tormented soul.

Can I make an assumption that he is pretty much opposed to all forms of archery hunting?
Yet to use a modern bolt action rifle, surely cannot be legitimate hunting.
It is okay to realize you are not being rational or fair to folks in this forum area.
Polarizing a group for whatever reason, is emotionally immature...My sincere encouragement is for you to bow out of this thread, and give yourself to something productive.
I hope your anger and bitterness doesn't bleed into your relationships around you, but I have my doubts.

It seems he pretty much hates technology, and those who understand it, and are capable of using it, so I am wondering if, he opposes the new bow technology, which reduces time of flight and accuracy issues, at the same time being opposed to long bow hunting, because of the longer time of flight.

Is he just jealous of people who shoot a custom rifle? Jell-O-Spurt...
Does he actually believe if someone hunts with a factory rifle like one of his model 700's, that automatically removes, lack of field shooting skill.

I think that with his bottom line being "you cannot predict what the animal will do, the effect of the wind, mirage, not to mention his own performance every single time under field conditions," I think that Conflict-A-Spurt, should give up hunting and shooting all together.
All of this drama will likely end in a self-fulfilling prophecy for you.
A wannabe's attitude with this much anger, doubt, and conflict has no business in the field, especially since you have lost the confidence in yourself.
When our emotions get really high, our ability to be rational is noticeably diminished, but in that emotional funk, we think our clarity is powerful (Self-Deception)
I think there needs to be some pity for someone who is so conflicted, and yet does not realize he is conflicted.

Yes, I have lowered myself in this post.
I am both reacting and responding.
I think he likes the reacting part...So I will admit, I have probably fed the fool in him some.
I do not typically interact this way, although I enjoy sarcasm and a good laugh.
Hopefully, this anonymous gent (It is easy to hide behind a screen) will realize his words really mean nothing to the LR hunters here, but he has exposed his own inner world, which no doubt involves some things that all of us should want to avoid as a pattern of life.

I must admit, I Have Been Entertained by a number of these posts (not the OP's).

Merry Christmas and a have a Great New Year!

I like your post. I'd shoot or hunt with you anytime. Hell, I was just out practicing holdovers out to 800 yards a bit ago, while chatting with Gunner500 here. There's some good guys here, and some you know shoot a lot. Some compete, some don't. You don't have to, to be a great shooter, but there's something about the competition that is great. Sometimes it can be humbling, and it may knock your self esteem down a notch. But if you are anything like me, that only makes you work harder to get to your goal.

In this practice today, I am shooting with no rear support. My club requires that, in the longrange shoots we do. So, I grabbed my rifle that I know shoots well, and went to the range. This is one I threw into a Mcmillan A3 edge about 6 months ago. It handles great in the prone position.

At 800, I had to hold the left edge of the small plate to make the hits. Wind was minimal.

Now, that gives the OP something to chew on..

Only having to hold the edge of the plate at 800, is some nice conditions!!!
I would enjoy getting together to shoot with you. Hunting would be harder, but that too.
I know I am an odd-duck in terms of shooting or hunting at distance, since I like to use various specialty pistols, instead of a rifle.
We all have our unique weirdness, and this is one of my outside the box enjoyments.

A time most anyone could get together and shoot with me, is at WY-SHOT.
It always starts the Monday after Father's Day (June 17-19 2024).
Shots on steel will go from around 200 yards to over 1300 yards-No rifles allowed.
It also has a prairie dog shoot component-Handguns only. You can read the brief description from the link.
I know that most of you do not have a LR specialty pistol, so I have several loaners ready to go for the match.
https://sebrests-usa.com/wy-shot/

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Im not gonna do PRS, but will try longer range w a hunting rifle.
Got two places I can shoot, 700 max at one, 1K at the other.

Have no ego to worry about crashing. Like I said, gotta start somewhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Feral_American

But it might happen.

I don't shoot at stuff.

E

Will do.

OH NO!!!

Don’t recommend shooting friendly competitions to improve your long range shooting and hunting!

Xphunter will have a meltdown!

Uh, I think there is a misunderstanding here.
I am not opposed to friendly or serious comps.
I could have posted it incorrectly as well-I am very capable of that.
If so, my apologies.

In another thread, I did say that being a comp shooter wasn't a requirement to be skilled at LR hunting.
I put on a yearly shoot LR steel shoot, for the very purpose of fun, learning, and improving yourself.

I try to go to a LR steel field shoot or PRS match once or twice a year.
I also try to go to a LR bench shoot (500, 750, and 1K) once a year
Been limited the past couple of years due to three surgeries.
Even when I wasn't hurt, I have not competed on a regular basis like some do here.

A quote from my WY-SHOT page:

"There are a number of purposes of the steel shoot: Having fun, competing, developing your hunting skill set, since we shoot from a variety of field shooting positions or field rests under time and keep score.

We cannot give the complete adrenaline rush of hunting, but by shooting at multiple targets under time, many of which will be farther than what you would shoot at big game, each shooter can learn their limitations from a variety of field shooting positions (Prone, sitting, kneeling), and shooting off a variety of field rests (Bi-pods, back packs, tree trunks, and the like). Sometimes your shooting position may be awkward, like facing downhill when prone, while being required to shoot uphill.

But when you think about it, if you hunt, you do not always have the perfect field rest set-up, and at times you have to make a shot in specific time frame or lose that opportunity.

We hope to hone those field hunting skills, so you can be better equipped when head out to hunt."

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No, being a comp shooter isn't a requirement for being skilled at LR hunting, but it sure helps exponentially more than it could ever hurt.

Missing or poorly hitting a target at a match would equate to possibly wounding an animal, but instead of dealing with a wounded animal, you figure out why you made that bad shot on that target and work to not make the same mistake again....which lends greatly to being a successful LR hunter.

I firmly believe that participating in such things as PRS shortens the learning curve, in two ways.

1) you are surrounded by people who are levels above you and if you watch them and learn from them you progress yourself much faster. The structure of a match keeps you from cheating yourself. Everyone is watching and just the peer pressure alone keeps you humbled.

2) the vast majority of shooters I've competed with do not have access to a range that provides the distances we would consider long range. Their only exposure to long range is at a match. You simply cannot learn what you need to learn without actually sending shots at distance.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
X
Xspurt Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
X
It's interesting watching all the wriggling and squirming going on by the "long rangers" trying to avoid the very simple real issue: if you are launching mortars at 1000 yd across a canyon at an elk thats all about shooting....and has nothing to do with hunting....no matter how desperately you try to twist it. It's actually on the "sick" side of things.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Finding where the elk are might take a bit of hunting

Last edited by hookeye; 12/21/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know I am I'm spoiled where I live, and I like it!
I and others in this area have access to a permanent steel range that starts at 200 yards (Set-up for paper targets at 100 yards), to beyond a mile.
5" and 10" steel in 100 yard increments.
The 1K targets is a 12" or maybe a 14", and then there is a 5".
I think the targets at 1100 and 1200 yards are 12"
then it jumps to 1350 on a man sized target
This is about a 20 minute drive for me.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you aren't out there stabbing them with a spear tipped by a piece of flint you knapped yourself then you aren't hunting. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Finding where the elk are might take a bit of hunting

Yep.
Sometimes it is relatively easy, and other times it seems impossible, with a lot of everything in between smile

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222ND, 204guy, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 1,842 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,094
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.