Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ironbender
I’ve never stood in line nor waited to vote.

Well of course not. There's only what, 500 people in all of Alaska?
Probably that many in my precinct.

Sheesh.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Mail in voting, is to help cheaters cheat. There is no reason for it other than cheating...... Absentee is different, you request an absentee ballot! People stand in lines for everything, from getting lunch, to buying groceries. No reason on earth, they can't stand in line to vote! I don't know if this was said before, a didn't read all the comments!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Fewer boomers to have to walk around.

They aren't used to, many not even aware of, early voting so they tend to clog up the polls on Election Day.

Better than not voting. You will be one too in time

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Vote early and vote often

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Shorter lines.
It might be storming on election day.
I may be out of town on election day.
Emergencies come up that may prevent me from going out on that one day.

I've been early voting for years, only way I'll do it at this point.

Mail in voting and absentee voting is EXACTLY the same thing. It can be done just as securely as in person voting.

I'd like to see on-line voting. Do it from home or on my phone. If we can securely do our taxes, pay our bill's and do our banking on-line we can vote securely on-line. Everyone of voting age has a SSN. Only 1 vote per SSN will prevent duplicate votes. That, or your Drivers license number is exactly how they verify mail-in/absentee voting.

Mail in/absentee and early votes should already be counted BEFORE election day and those numbers posted as soon as the polls close. In most states law requires them to be counted LAST. It takes much longer to count absentee and mail-in votes. When you count those votes last it makes getting the results take far longer. Until 2020 there were only a handful of those votes. In the past after all the in-person election day votes were counted there weren't enough absentee/mail-in votes to change the results. They declared a winner and counted those votes later. It has always taken 2 weeks or longer to get a final count.

When you vote in person, they use the same numbers to verify who you are and that you've only voted once. No DL or SSN and you can't vote. That is the way it is NOW.

Voting machines are more secure than paper only ballots. Paper ballots can get "lost" and never be counted and there is no way to document it. When voting by machine the machines print out a paper ballot which can be counted separately to ensure the numbers match.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have been an election poll worker for several years. I work a different district than the one I vote in. No early voting for me means I won't be able to vote.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
You dumb fugging asswipes that would have people stay home rather than vote your the stupid fuqks.

You play the game state by state based on the rules of the party in power set in place.

When your party takes power you get to dictate the rules of the game.

Don't like it ? Too fuggin bad. Take power.
Yo Fat, read every single post. Not one said stay home, don't vote. Time for meds?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I have been an election poll worker for several years. I work a different district than the one I vote in. No early voting for me means I won't be able to vote.

Oh. You gotta explain that. You are at the polls, and you couldn't vote w/o early voting 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Have you talked to the moderator?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It would still make things so much easier if they would just allow life-time voting: straight-ticket, against all spending measures - one-and-done, never have to burden yourself again - can still vote in primaries and on other measures if you choose to do so.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JMR40
Voting machines are more secure than paper only ballots.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😁😁😁😁🤣🤣😁😆😆😆😁😁😁😆😆😥😆😆😁🤣🤣😆😆😆

COULDA GUESSED YOU WERE FROM GEORGIA !

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Some ppl have to work out of town for extended periods

That's called an "Absentee Ballot" dumb fuqk.

Think about it genius, who is more likely to be at work on a weekday, a Republican or a Democrat? I’m an airline pilot & gone for weeks at a time. I often don’t get my schedule until a couple of weeks before, an absentee ballot has to be requested months in advance and they want concrete plans which I can’t give them. The last two elections I couldn’t have voted if not for early voting.

Early voting isn’t the problem, it’s mail in voting and drop boxes where the fraud is happening.

Polls are open from 8AM to 8PM, if you can't get there, apply for an Absentee ballot.

Early voting is the brainchild of the Democrats and it sure wasn't implemented for convenience.

Idiot.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Stevie Wonder is on a roll tonight...

Everbudy be an idiot...

Cepting him.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
I’ve never stood in line nor waited to vote.

Well of course not. There's only what, 500 people in all of Alaska?
Probably that many in my precinct.

Sheesh.

You've got your own precinct?

Double sheesh. What's a precinct anyway? Sounds suspiciously close to "sphincter."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 56 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,279
Posts18,525,570
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.