-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was another name for this other than prosperity theology- wasn't there? Can anyone think of it?

Another name I cannot remember is given to the theology whereby sinning is ok for any believer because Jesus paid the price. Believing was all that was needed and the attitude by these adherents was worrying about sin proved a lack of faith. Something like that. Anyone know what this is called? More of a compound word than the substitute word for prosperity theology.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Seafire
[Linked Image]

The one that gave the term Afro American to our society...

the one who spilled ketchup all over his T Shirt and said it was the blood of Martin Luther King...

a bigger Race Hustler than Al Sharpton...

That Jackson

Oh.

You could get 8 mil-dots on that big ole forehead.

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If his theology "works", why does he need to ask anyone for money now? Dave Ramsey could help if it is just financial trouble...

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by agazain
If his theology "works", why does he need to ask anyone for money now? Dave Ramsey could help if it is just financial trouble...

That's HOW it works... laugh

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That poor fella needs hisself a new plane boys, time to pony up!

LOL
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Years back when I was still gainfully employed, I carried a camera with me everywhere I went. Working at an airport you never knew when something newsworthy might occur. One day just outside the weather office there was a small crowd of blacks that wee well dressed soI went out to see what was happening. It ws a crowd meeting the Rev. Jesse Jackson so I snapped off a few candid shot before I was noticed. Got some seriously nasty looks and about that time was wishing for a Ma Duece or some such.
Lied like hell saying what an honor blah blah blash. shook his mangy paw and beat a healthy but subdued retreat. It wasn't until I got the pictures back that one could see what an evil man he is. I've always had a talent of capturing people when they weren't looking and getting their real personality on film.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500

Problem is, there's not much behind it. He thinks with his little head.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Seafire
[Linked Image]

The one that gave the term Afro American to our society...

the one who spilled ketchup all over his T Shirt and said it was the blood of Martin Luther King...

a bigger Race Hustler than Al Sharpton...

That Jackson

Oh.

At how many meters? grin

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The Word of Faith/Pentecostal movement was high jacked by hustlers who played on American optimism and subsequently blended select Scriptures into a mixture of Truth and carnal desire. It takes some Truth to bait a trap, like what Satan did to Eve in the Garden.

These "ministers" are a combination of Dale Carnegie and Christianity, giving us the American Prosperity Gospel. You hear phrases like "name it and claim it", confess it and possess it", etc.

With some basis in Scripture and a lot of snake oil thrown in, they've created a huge movement and we're talking mega bucks.

So, the tail (money) now wags the dog and here we go.

True missionaries to Third World countries are fearful that the "American Gospel" will somehow get introduced and those folks contaminated with the Prosperity mantra.

It's all that blinding glitter that keeps folks from seeing the real "Light of the World".

A wolf in sheep's clothes, the enemy all decked out to look like the Lord... shocked

And it works, just ask the accountants... wink

My $.02 commentary.

DF

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I've got a whole hanger (okay a drawer) full of Stanley planes. I'll send him one and I'll charge him a whole lot less than $60 million.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus left us with this, relating to guys like this:
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'll notice in any arena, those who preach charity the most are those who most expect to be on the receiving end of that charity.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
google says Rev. Gimme Yo Dollar worth est $27 mil.

that offering plate has covered some ground.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ridiculous as it is, your feeble attempt to make it a racial thing is without warrant! Every damn one of all these bible thumpers whether black, white, red, yellow or brown is of the same cloth, crooked to no end and without a conscience!

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bet he could find a '55 Stud' he could get for less than $300 at U-Pull-It, but it won't be my $300.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Ridiculous as it is, your feeble attempt to make it a racial thing is without warrant! Every damn one of all these bible thumpers whether black, white, red, yellow or brown is of the same cloth, crooked to no end and without a conscience!

Phil

When you find a white preacher wanting a free $60 mil jet report back.

Take your time, I'mm in no hurry. grin

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I told my Mother that if Billy Graham284LUVR ever gets caught with a motel room full of hookers there is no a God.

Let's set the record straight.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
I told my Mother that if Billy Graham284LUVR ever gets caught with a motel room full of hookers there is no a God.

Let's set the record straight.

Does it still count if no cash money changes hands before you are caught?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
before you are caught?

Caught ?

Jesus has set me free my son.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Years ago Reverend Ike was complaining on one of his radio sermons that other preachers drove Cadillacs but he wanted donations because he thought he deserved a Rolls Royce.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.