24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire
Private Equity in the Defense Industry CharlieSisk 1 minute ago
Seems in the last few years , private equity has been getting very involved in the defense industry. Anyone here involved or know someone who is ?
Charlie
0 26 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: Talley Lightweight Rings for Kimber Fatdaddy 4 minutes ago
-
7 579 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives
Re: Used Toyota Tundra tikkanut 4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Reba
40,000 miles on any vehicle

Not.....

My DD.....'01 Land Cruiser........runs like a champ

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Reba
40,000 miles on any vehicle

the truth of the matter is no one knows what they are getting and how a vehicle has been treated by the previous owner/owners. if one is going for a long term vehicle just start out new....then you know how service was performed if at all. of course if the car/truck is out of production then you do your best in selection....bob

If you guys don't know what you are looking at, maybe it's best you buy new. I'm like tikkanut, and will buy a good used one with 150,000 miles on it, if everything checks out good during MY inspection..

My first gen has over 200,000 on it now, and running like a top. I don't think the OP answered what year Tundra he's looking at? I much prefer the first gen with the "million mile engine"..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

BSA......when ya need OEM parts....use Bell Lexus in PHX AZ

Send them your e mail to get on list...good 15% off sales along with free shipping

Memorial Day should be next sale

Just supply your correct cross reference Toyota P/N

https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/
12 883 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds
Re: DNZ Gamereaper 30mm mount for CVA PN 10038 Fatdaddy 4 minutes ago
-
3 211 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: Burris 2-7x35 E1 Fullfield Fatdaddy 5 minutes ago
Up
1 237 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Met her match? earlybrd 5 minutes ago
LOL
5 450 more...
Hunting Optics
Re: Let's Talk $100-$200 Scopes bowmanh 6 minutes ago
I like the Weavers. I have a couple of V16's on rimfires and they are great in that application.

For big game rifles, I have a number of Burris Full Field II's with the ballistic plex reticle. They have always been solid and a good value.
68 13,071 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Crazy Brown Bear hunt on Kodiak pabucktail 6 minutes ago
Really great hunt! Thanks for sharing! The .366 286gr partition is a great brown bear bullet. When he came at you did you perceive things in real time, slow motion, or sped up?
172 15,361 more...
Winchester Collectors
Re: My JK Cloward Pre-War Model 70s letsrollbabe 6 minutes ago
I put a Pacific Research stock on a P64 M70 7 mm Rem Mag, in a Douglas barrel in the 80s while I was in AK. The stock looks to be a Biesen style, based on many Biesen's for sale over the years. He always made the grips very trim (Jack O'Connor favored that shape) where your fingers wrapped. See pics on imgur: 'Pacific Research P64 M70 rifle I built in 80s while in AK'.

https://imgur.com/gallery/pacific-research-p64-m70-rifle-built-80s-while-ak-XDBVa3g
72 12,402 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Not begrudging tax dollars today FatCity67 8 minutes ago
Yup, love it when I'm hunting the High Sierra Ridgeback and the 144 Fighter Wing comes shootin over head.

Many decades ago watched them from a East Sierra perch doing low elevation runs just across state line in Nevada.

Just before Desert Storm.
3 163 more...
IC B3
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Picking up an ATV and rifles and stuff tikkanut 10 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Partsman
So made the trip down to North Vancouver to pick up my late fathers Parker hale 270, A Winchester model 12 shotgun and a model 67 Winchester 22.

The ATV was my oldest brothers that can’t ride or do much with injuries he has suffered and dementia setting in, it is a 2018 Honda fourtrax Rancher.
Along with a bunch of loading supplies and family slides and pictures.
Good thing I brought a truck, oh and an old 5 HP Viking outboard sold by Eatons.

Good score

especially the Honda Rancher
4 308 more...
Hunting Optics
Re: First AR-15 rifle now what scope? Partagas 10 minutes ago
I like the Athlon BTR Gen2 2-12x FFP Ill for near and far. Works well work the AR platform I think and would still be a good choice for a 22 WRM or 223. With the lit aiming circle you can blast at close range just centering the circle and still have the option to dial up to 12x for a ground squirrel peaking over cover at distance. Plus the reticle is nice for quick hold overs.
10 1,387 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Gift for Dad Rustyzipper 10 minutes ago
I'd jump at the chance to have my Dad back. Might cost you some time but get over here and see him in person. Give him a hug. Let him know his worth to You is great. If you do he will eat it up. Don't miss the opportunity. Enjoy, RZ from Misery.
38 1,331 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Matthew 5:17-18 IZH27 10 minutes ago
Luther talked a lot about the two extremes that we have to be aware of along the way.

He uses the analogies of falling off one side of the horse or the other and being in a ditch or drain.

One side is legalism and the sin if trying to be good enough. The other side is antinomianism or having no regard for the law.

It’s clear in scripture that the law doesn’t save the ceremonial law is dead and Christ has fulfilled the demands of the Ten Commandments for us.

The Ten Commandments aren’t abolished. Luther taught that the purpose of the commandments for the believer is not a way to please God or make Him happy. Rather, the Ten Commandments demonstrate to us the good works that God prepared for us. They demonstrate in the positive how we serve our neighbors since God doesn’t need our works.

I think that Luther was on to something.
13 904 more...
Alaska
Re: Homer man killed by moose ironbender 11 minutes ago
What a well written article.
lol
1 90 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: FS Scopes Deerhunter78 11 minutes ago
It's not a Burris FFII
6 549 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Iran President Helicopter Crash Beoceorl 11 minutes ago
[Linked Image from zahal.org]
132 7,950 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Met her match? DMc 11 minutes ago
Good one Dan
5 450 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: Price check Ruger M77 all weather stainless with the zytal stock in a 338 win mag Texasteach 11 minutes ago
I just sold a zytel in .280 Remington (very rare). I had to sit on it for a while before getting $900.
1 80 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: FS Burris FFII 3-9x40mm aboltfan 12 minutes ago
I'll take the like new $125.00 one. PM on the way.
2 82 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: Stainless 10/22 carbine barrels x2 drop_point 12 minutes ago
up
10 926 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: Talley for Tikka drop_point 12 minutes ago
Originally Posted by remingtonman
Will these work for a 50mm objective?

I think Talley has a guide on their webpage, but I had a 40mm and had quite a bit of room under it.
10 699 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: 07 Tacoma tikkanut 12 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Raeford
The good, bad and ugly?

Looking at buying the above from my son.
4cyl, 4wd, ext cab w/doors.
Custom bed cover, front and rear bumpers[deer killer front].
Most of the front end is new[arms etc]
160k, well maintained.
Frame was replaced at 70K by Toyota

Mostly interested in how the engine/trans[5sd] hold up on them?

Here's one sorta close..2nd Gen...good ones

Regional market pricing does vary

I wouldn't be 'fraid of it

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/9264870
17 516 more...
Free Classifieds
Re: WTB set of stocks for a Ruger #1 lkydvl 12 minutes ago
found a set!
1 164 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: butcher is dead persiandog 12 minutes ago
30 2,691 more...
Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 81 82
AX24

535 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,268
Posts18,525,415
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.