Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Its meme time OldmanoftheSea 56 seconds ago
[Linked Image]
79,222 14,949,427 more...
IC B2
Re: What Cartel guys look like? Huntz 58 seconds ago
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The parents were obviously almost guaranteed to be involved in the drug trade to some degree or another. Regardless of that what a tragedy. I can’t imagine losing a child and compounding that grief with the knowledge that my own actions had played some role in it. It’s something those parents will never be able to get over or move past.

I just read the story . Nothing in it even remotely suggests the parents were dirty .
34 1,992 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 450 Marlin ammo jry444 1 minute ago
I had an Encore pistol in 450 Marlin, killed several deer with it.I sure miss that hammer! GLWS
1 56 more...
Re: Why do YOU think that so many pioneers… Garandimal 1 minute ago
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by antlers
…of modern science believed that Christianity was true…? Men such as Descartes, Newton, Kepler, Galileo, Locke, Copernicus, Faraday, Kelvin, and Pasteur.

Oops, maybe your information source is not that accurate....De Luzzi, Copernicus,Gallileo, Descartes, Newton, Hutton, and of course the horrible Darwin...were all PUNISHED by the Holy Roman Church. Galileo was given a life sentence of house arrest upon pain of death (for suggesting that the earth revolved around the sun. Heresy!!!
Remarkable similarity between the freedom of speech policies of Christianity and Islam and Marxist speech policies.
Find another argument...this one can't stand sunlight.

The persecutors of the scientists were not Christian. They were a political cult calling themselves Christian. They were the same kind of religious people who killed Jesus.

[Linked Image from my.evilmilk.com]

GR
49 3,091 more...
Re: Virginia good news👍 smokepole 1 minute ago
He's from Virginia.
7 206 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: modern "classic" rifles rifletom 2 minutes ago
Mauser Model 18 "Pure".
11 884 more...
Re: Democrats-The Party of Compassion shootem 5 minutes ago
The people in power are paid. Look at Microsoft. Hard to see anyone not putting money into management’s pockets in one way or another. Now look at the border. Cartels are making money off everyone you see at the fence and many more that didn’t make it. The cartels are Bill Gates and the border is a Money Machine. Cartels harvest the funds and spread the wealth to their protection network. Billions of $$$$$$$$ buys anything from the right people.
11 622 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: .450 Dakota/Rigby 97 grains H4350 500gn Wildcatter264 5 minutes ago
That’s a good plan, RH. The MK2 Ruger Hawkeye can easily be modified - mostly modifying the bolt stop - to fit a longer magazine box which fits COAL up to 3.6”.

If you decide to open the magazine box recess laterally - especially on a good aftermarket synthetic or wood stock - it will accommodate a 4th 404 Jeffery case even at 2.8”. That’s the 460 G&A while the 2.5” case would be the short version of same.

MV= 2300 fps is easily achievable with the std 460 G&A version, but as the rifle gets near or below 10 lbs, recoil will demand your attention for fast follow up shots. My preference is to add weight to the buttstock and carry the ‘extra’ 3/4-1 lb over the shoulder than have a lighter DGR and get hammered enough to slow down the 2nd and subsequent shots. YMMV
25 3,835 more...
IC B3
Re: If Anyone is Interested - Northern Lights Dillonbuck 6 minutes ago
Only ever saw them once here,
and once on the Colorado plains.
7 232 more...
Re: UPS Rant BALLISTIK 8 minutes ago
About 15 years ago I placed an order of bullets from Powder Valley, and for some reason it wound up at a 'UPS Store', I think it was because it needed a signature, and I requested it held so I could pick it up after work. I tracked it down and they said that I was lucky that I got there before they returned the package to the sender. So I asked, "Why would you return the package?"... "We don't deal with firearms", it was a smaller box maybe 14x14x14 or so, but it was heavy.... probably 25lbs. I asked, "Why do you think it's a firearm?" "We looked up the shipper." I said, "Yeah, they don't sell firearms, it's bullets." "Same thing, we don't allow firearms or firearm products in our store." I laughed, shook my head... grabbed the package and left.
6 150 more...
Re: Bidenomics Report Card poboy 9 minutes ago
Lyin' biden. FJB
10 334 more...
Re: FS: S&W 66 No Dash 357MAGAG 10 minutes ago
Have original parts also
3 785 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: 7mm08 ammo olgrouser 10 minutes ago
Rather fond of 120 grain TTSX as well as it is a very accurate bullet in my 7mm-08s. Next reloading project is for a SS Rem. Model 7.

Also the Nosler 140 E-tips and the 145 grain LRXs shoot well. The 139 LRX bullets seem a little more difficult to source in Canada.
52 7,871 more...
Re: FS: JM Marlin 336 30-30 20" 1974 357MAGAG 11 minutes ago
SOLD
5 1,091 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Long Range Hunting - 600 Yards/Cup-n-Core Bullet/No Dialing KillerBee 14 minutes ago
Pffffffffffffffffff...........
127 17,174 more...
Re: NIB Leica 10x42 trinovid binos. CarolinaPanther 17 minutes ago
Would possibly be interested in trades for firearms.
3 377 more...
Lever Actions - General Jump to new posts
Re: Marlin Model 1893 Seafire 17 minutes ago
Thanks Mike! I do think tho it said 1893 on the rifle barrel ...
3 171 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: Old Truck Engine Oil recos Seafire 19 minutes ago
Worked at a service station off I 75 om No Georgia the summer of 71 and 72 while I was in College for a family member who owned it. This was near and during the time they filmed Deliverance, the movie.

We use to let what was left over in oil cans, drain into a big pan out on the islands. At midnight, we'd take the pan, pick all the bugs out of it, and put that oil in gallon milk jugs for a $1.25 each. We'd be sold out by 10 AM most mornings... people even wanted to put their name on a waiting list, and would pay extra for that. We did do it for customers who filled up a lot and gave us a lot of business.

Being a starving college student, I'd still buy 30 wt oil for 75 cents a quart in those days for my VW Bug.

We'd sell drain oil also for like a $1.00 a jug.. that never lasted long either... sold out real quick.

But then again, that was north Georgia 1971 and 72.. most people lived in house trailers there in Catoosa County.
23 2,510 more...
Re: WTS: Marlin 336 “Texan” 30-30 18.5” barrel, presafety, upgrades TnBigBore 21 minutes ago
Local sale pending
19 1,589 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Louisiana Bayou Cooking At It's Best MickinColo 22 minutes ago
Cajun Two Step Seasoning

Make your own Cajun two step seasoning

1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white peppers
2 teaspoons thyme
1 tablespoon blend of salt
2 teaspoons plain oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well

Store the seasoning in an airtight container. For this seasoning blend to last longer, store in a dark and dry place.
12 1,627 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Linear compensators, quieter?? colodog 24 minutes ago
I'm curious to know what differences you find!

I've no use for a muzzle brake but I did swap a flash hider for a L.C. I never measured the sound difference, before and after but it was cheap so why not switch.

Is it actually quieter than a flash hider or is it the placebo affect?

I wonder if adding a 3" bloop tube/L.C./ flash can, is quieter than a barrel that's 3" longer?

Is it just marketing a way to move the blast a bit further from your face?
(should I have bought a longer barrel?)

Let us know what you find with testing!

I shoot with plugs as a bare minimum regardless.
21 1,068 more...
Re: Thanks UPS Fkin GOONS hazer 25 minutes ago
Hard case shipments are not safe either. I shipped a gun to wy a while back. Yes in a hard case taped tightly. It had a threaded barrel which was damaged to the point it needed rethreaded . The pistol grip looked like it was beat with a hammer.2 of the latches were closed 2 were unlatched.
17 587 more...
Re: Maxine is convinced we are laying for her 🤪😜🤪😜 Hotrod_Lincoln 26 minutes ago
It's entirely possible that her constituents in Commiefornia elected the most qualified person they could come up with. Of course, she doesn't live anywhere near the congressional district she claims to represent!
18 1,210 more...
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
AX24

534 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 67 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,125
Posts18,502,439
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.