Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: The “two-cannonball rule.” AcesNeights 6 minutes ago
Good read. Thanks
1 70 more...
Re: 92 Toyota value? WMR 9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
No AC no girlfriend.

Might be a good way to filter out the undesirables. They’re not always obvious at first glance.

To the OP: Did you end up getting the truck?
52 4,044 more...
Re: Marijuana Users vs Drinkers 260Remguy 24 minutes ago
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by rickt300
My concern about people who use cannabis is when they are impaired and their impairment has the potential for harming innocent people who are just going about their everyday business. Until there is some scientific/reliable means of determining an impaired person's degree of impairment through the use of cannabis, some method like that which is used to determine BAC in people who are impaired through the use of alcohol, I don't know how a person who is impaired through the use of cannabis can be held accountable if they violate any laws while impaired.

A driver who is stoned can kill you just as dead as a driver who is drunk.

Impaired is impaired no matter what the substance is. Here we are talking about Pot when more than 100,000 people are killed every year with Fentanyl. How many are hospitalized? Why isn't this publicized everywhere? Because Biden is part of the importation link.

I don't know how you come to the conclusion a person stoned on pot can't be held accountable? Here in Texas they have breathalyzers that can tell if you are high on pot. And they send people to jail for it. DWI does not just mean alcohol.

People who choose to use illegal or illegally obtained drugs do so by their own choice. I have zero sympathy for anyone who dies from a fentanyl OD and have stated so many times on this site. A town where we own property asked us, the condo LLC, to help fund a new ambulance. I told the decision makers that we would donate $250K toward a new ambulance if they would discontinue administering Narcan. They said that they couldn't, so they didn't get any money from us. Maybe the people who choose to OD on fentanyl donated the money that I chose not to. Every dead illegal drug user benefits society IMO.

Very few choose to OD. Most don’t realize what they’re smoking or taking or what the concentrations are.

They’re just playing roulette with 5 in the chamber.

The fact that they choose to use illegal or illegally obtained drugs is a choice. Everyone who uses illegal drugs knows that there isn't any FDA quality control involved. Russian roulette with 5 in the cylinder seems like a fair analysis of the situation. to me.

Absolutely. They should randomly take out folks going 5 over the speed limit with tow missiles too. You knew you were speeding and rolled the dice.

Not even. 5 mph over the speed limit is a minor violation and seldom results in the creation of a dangerous situation for the driver, passenger(s), or other drivers. Using illegal street drugs is a crap shoot. The buyer might get "good" drugs or they might get crap that could kill them, their choice to buy/use seems like an acceptance of the known risks to me. Dead drug users, why should I care?

No kids in the family or friends of the family? You don’t know anybody illegally using drugs?

I don't specifically know anyone who uses drugs that aren't prescribed by a licensed healthcare provider and purchased from a licensed pharmacy. Since the use of illegal street drugs is so common I'm sure that there are people who I come into contact with on a routine basis who use them and I'm just not aware of. Known risks, possible negative outcomes.
205 6,720 more...
IC B2
Re: Housing prices and our young generation WMR 33 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Rent around here for a 3/1 is gonna run 4,000+

Average home price last year was 1.4M

My dad likes to wax poetic about how in this same town he bought a house and raised a family on one income in 1980!

He’s a lot like some of you that think if you stop making excuses and cut out Starbucks and buckle down by golly you can do it too!!

He paid the neighbor lady $10 a week after school daycare for my brother and I.

Today daycare here is over 1,000 a month per kid

Some of you guys are so full of $hit you’re eyes are turning brown

Your post says you’re in The Bay Area of CA. That area is a pretty extreme case for housing costs. My kids rent and have rented in urban and semi urban areas for $1200-2000. Nice two BR apts. Less expensive places were available. Location, location, location.

Regarding the math in renting vs buying, it’s not so straightforward. If a person can live $200/month cheaper by renting, which seems possible, they can parlay that into several million dollars over a lifetime of saving. So there’s that. 🤔
320 14,588 more...
The “two-cannonball rule.” SupFoo 36 minutes ago
Sunk at the Pier: Crisis in the American Submarine Industrial Base

When naval theorists first began to define the principle of a “free sea” in the early seventeenth century, they described a condition wherein any ship carrying goods could move without restriction upon the world’s oceans. All the world’s oceans, the “high seas,” were to be considered free and open to trade, with one caveat, the “two-cannonball rule.” This rule allowed each nation that bordered the seas to claim sovereignty over the adjacent waters out to twice the range that a cannonball could be fired. This concept of “territorial waters” held that if a nation could assert persistent offensive control over the waters near it, it could claim sovereignty over them.

American Affairs Journal - Good Read on USA Lack of Submarines

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 70 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: CG report - capsized Sitka charter boat Awaken johnn 46 minutes ago
Bad deal alright,

I can't help but wonder if a EPIRB is about the same as a life jacket and just helps the CG find the bodies.

Cold water sucks the heat away very quickly.
15 1,204 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Redhawk loose rear sight assembly anothergun 47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 338reddog
There are two springs under the sight, there is some play up and down if enough pressure is applied to compress the springs.

Side to side movement, sorry l didn’t say that before, horizontal movement.
2 195 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 51 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
80,288 15,289,997 more...
Re: "Nicknames? Daverageguy 1 hour ago
Can't nickname yourself,your buddies have to nickname you. If you don't have buds then look in the mirror. If people who ARENT your buds.nickname you it will be offensive. See above.
22 695 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Winchester 70 Stainless /Synthetic .270 Win Rifle pabucktail 1 hour ago
I bought one of these the first year they came out when I was a kid. It's a 1/2" gun at 100 yards with at least three different loads using 130, 140, and 150s. These are great rifles. I'm trying not to rationalize myself into this one. OP, have you shot this one?
29 2,186 more...
IC B3
Saltwater Jump to new posts
Re: Any Marlin, tuna, dorado fisherman ? AcesNeights 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by cra1948
Ithought super glue was water soluble

Lolol…I wish it was. I think I got a half a tube on my hands 2 days ago and water seemed to act as a catalyst to set it permanently. 😂

A sheet of sandpaper and my wife and daughter were laughing at how soft and supple my skin was after exfoliating several layers of dermis. 😀
12 3,322 more...
Re: Paerty line tellaphone?? 10gaugemag 1 hour ago
Old lady Seabolt would eat your ass if you picked up when she was on the line.
13 323 more...
Re: Tough Canadian SOB (griz attack survivor YT video) DouginLa 1 hour ago
The video is there, just type in, griz attack survivor YT video
2 161 more...
Re: Tough Canadian SOB (griz attack survivor YT video) local_dirt 1 hour ago
Video is gone.
2 161 more...
Re: Dash cam + shared video save the day Scott_Thornley 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Where is the push back against QI coming from? It damn sure isn't from le and le supporters, but instead is from people you express disdain for.

Another lie, liar.

I have disdain for your pathetic excuse of a posting history, and how you strive to put words in other people's mouths. But none for good folks keeping LE honest, and educated regarding the limits of LE power.

My posting other things clearly indicates I an not single minded so you just lied there.

I asked for an example where you started a thread, from the last 1000 or so, where it didn't concern bad cops doing bad things. Where is this example? I'm sure if it's there, you'd be happy to prove me wrong. And if so, I'd admit I was incorrect in that sense. However, if more than 95% of your posts are of the one trick "BadCopNoDonutForYou" variety, it's not a stretch to say that you really don't post on other topics.

No lie, le and supporters do not want corrupt cops to face consequences for their corruption.

95% of my posts are responding to supporters of bad le(such as yourself) throwing a tantrum over your le idols being shown on video in all of their corrupt glory.

And another three falsehoods. 1) I'm not throwing a tantrum over what you refer to as 2) "my idols" being shown in all their corrupt glory, and 3) in no way do I support bad LE. In fact, had you any reading comprehension whatsoever, you'd realize that if anything I'm better informed than you on this topic, and are basically in agreement with the goals of having LE being held responsible for bad actions. What I take exception to, is that you're being a one trick dick over the issue. You're exactly like the "Stop Oil" protesters in Europe and at Burning Man. Turning people away from a good cause, because you're being an [bleep] in how you go about it.

Again, show me that post in the last thousand where you started a thread that didn't have anything to do with #BadCopNoDonutForYou. I think if you could, you would. But you can't, so you won't. Prove me wrong. If so I'll admit it.
62 3,069 more...
Re: Worst Ideas In History DBT 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Giving The Nobel Prize for the lobotomy
US Congress allocating funds to study a railroad to the moon

Both sadly true

I think it's meant to be a railway to link bases that are to be built on the moon.
41 2,000 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Savage 110 Long Range Hunter in 6.5-284...Thoughts? AcesNeights 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by JayB93
I picked up 100 Norma cases new. Maybe I should keep my eyes peeled for another 100 in reserve.

Jay….here you go.

https://ravenrocksprecision.com/6-5-284-norma-brass-50-ct/
16 1,875 more...
Re: "Nicknames? hardway 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What do you think would be a cool nickname for yourself?
Me. Dude.

Was “Retard” already taken?
22 695 more...
Re: Talk about a mixed bag of supporters DMc 1 hour ago
Excellent
1 158 more...
Re: Marijuana Users vs Drinkers hardway 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Thegman
Prohibition is laughable.

The war on drugs has been an abject failure of epic proportions unless the rise of totalitarianism and the despotic police state is considered “winning”. Anyone who thinks that outlawing something makes them safer needs to be used to fertilize and refresh the Tree of Liberty!

Sacrificing liberty for a false sense of security is communism 101!

For sure, glad we quit those stupid [bleep] policies.

Drug addicted bums ("homeless") filling the streets of cities, building open air drug markets, free to do whatever they wish, turning their areas into third world [bleep]...now that, that is winning! That's exactly the kind of freedom our Founding Fathers fought to win by golly! 🇺🇸

Damn commies always trying to spoil the fun...oh wait, it's the damn commies generally encouraging it...oh hell, I'm so confused.

The Libertarian ideals regarding drugs etc are fine in a hypothetical way. But when put to the test, our society doesn't have the stomach to let people simply suffer the consequences of their choices, which is why we spend so much money trying to fix problems others have made for themselves.

Thanks for making my point for me. 👍🏼. You do realize that that all happened while the war on drugs raged on, don’t you? 😂

The war on drugs continues WITHOUT any positive results to show for it, only the erosion of our freedoms while the addicted and homeless are coddled.

Warrantless surveillance, warrantless confiscation of money, warrantless confiscation of freedom all while addiction gets worse, drugs become more readily available and government grows beyond its grotesquely bloated budget…. The war on drugs continues….

I agree, what does the constitution have to say on the matter? Rhetorical question….. what’s even more ridiculous is the fact that we already tried prohibition and know the results….. the facts are, most people are weak and cannot stomach true freedom. Freedom requires responsibility to teach and care for your own family but most want their cake and eat it too.

Let’s go ahead and outlaw energy drinks and transfats next 🥴🥴🥴
205 6,720 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Planning a trip to Denali AcesNeights 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Well, the bridge is out until 2026, so you have to fly into Kantishna.

Rather than focus on where to stay and eat, I'd focus on what you want to see or hike.

After driving to the Kantishna Roadhouse I’d hike into Chris McCandless’ bus….😀
3 236 more...
Lever Actions - General Jump to new posts
Re: Marlin Model 1893 kaboku68 1 hour ago
They also made 1894 Marlin in 44-40.
6 739 more...
Re: russia's planned expansionism... AcesNeights 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I haven’t dodged anything. I’m just not interested in the red herring that you’re dangling. Putin NEVER said or indicated anything that remotely resembles what you’re trying to push. Keep eating the leftist bullshit and regurgitating their lies if you want but nobody except your side is buying it. You warmongers will work to fulfill your self-fulfilling prophecy by using the same tactics you used in Ukraine and then you’ll scream “see I told you”.

You’re GD’d right I’m mad just as any Patriotic American should be….that you are NOT mad tells far more about you than you are capable of realizing! I don’t want my boys getting sucked into YOUR bullshit wars and I don’t want MY extorted tax dollars continuing to line the pockets of our oligarchs and cokeheads 8,000 miles away.

You certainly did dodge the NATO neighbors issue with Russia and negated what you said for Putin’s reasons for invading Ukraine in the first place.

Getting mad ain’t solving scchitt, Aces. There’s the world like you want it and there’s the world as it is.

A fella could always pack up and move to, say, Alaska and get away from it all except for the damned pesky internet.

Just joking you on that , Man. I admire your move.

I just feel like I’m waking up every morning in a foreign land where I don’t know what the hell is going on. The world is upside down and the state that used to be a wonderful place ain’t worth a dried up dogshit. I’m usually a pretty happy and positive guy but anymore I feel like fighting everyone…. I gotta get out of this place if it’s the last thing I ever do. 😉

There’s more to life than watching everything I love (aside from my family) evaporate and descend into chaos…

I’m sure I’ll be better once I put this place in my rear view mirror.
108 4,063 more...
Re: "Nicknames? Gooch_McGrundle 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by dirt99
There was a gal that we called Juicy Lucey back in the day

Is that like “Sloopy”?
22 695 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Buck Selkirk Model 863 Braindead 1 hour ago
Btt
17 1,534 more...
Page 1 of 185 1 2 3 184 185
AX24

69 members (35, 260Remguy, 358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,684
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.