-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Someone gave the order to begin the gun grab, nail the sonofabitch to the wall till he turns to leather.

CK

CK
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I say nail him and every dumb SOB down the line who said, OK.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JaquesLaRami
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I'll bet a democrat was responsible for confiscation.

Is Brown a Democrat?
I thought he was supposeed to be in charge?

Who's Brown? I was referring to Nagin

I can't think of his first name right now but the horse breeder, horse show guy that was in charge of FEMA that Bush appointed to the post. I thought he was suppossed to be in charge down there? I'm not sayin, I'm askin? Who's Nagin? Who was in charge? All I ever here is it was the other guys not us. Who really was. Who was In charge of the police/sherrifs dept? The Guards and other military. What Government agencys? Who led them? I don't know that's why I asked. But from what I've gathered from my limeted MSM sources, It was all Bush, Brown, or the New Orleans Mayor(was he Nagin?) I'll bet there were a hundred that say "not me", Well who was?

Nagin was/is the mayor of N.O. Brown was the head FEMA--who of course Bush said was doing a "great job Brownie"--then Bush canned him a week or so later............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't argue with that logic, sure it broke some federal laws, Gee, seems to me, that the 2nd Amendment is a right, Shouldn't he be brought up on Civil Rights Charges? Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I beleive history has showen time and again that orders are not an excuse to commit crimes.

Just ask LT. Calley.

A whole nother story.

Personaly I think Calley was a scape goat for that CPT.

Medina or something.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wallaby
I beleive history has showen time and again that orders are not an excuse to commit crimes.

Just ask LT. Calley.

A whole nother story.

Personaly I think Calley was a scape goat for that CPT.

Medina or something.

Calley and Medina were scapegoats for higher ranking officers--it often works that way..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I'll bet a democrat was responsible for confiscation.

Is Brown a Democrat?
I thought he was supposeed to be in charge?

Who's Brown? I was referring to Nagin

I can't think of his first name right now but the horse breeder, horse show guy that was in charge of FEMA that Bush appointed to the post. I thought he was suppossed to be in charge down there? I'm not sayin, I'm askin? Who's Nagin? Who was in charge? All I ever here is it was the other guys not us. Who really was. Who was In charge of the police/sherrifs dept? The Guards and other military. What Government agencys? Who led them? I don't know that's why I asked. But from what I've gathered from my limeted MSM sources, It was all Bush, Brown, or the New Orleans Mayor(was he Nagin?) I'll bet there were a hundred that say "not me", Well who was?

Nagin was/is the mayor of N.O. Brown was the head FEMA--who of course Bush said was doing a "great job Brownie"--then Bush canned him a week or so later............

Casey

(hint); it was not the NRA, that ordered the confiscation.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm no historian, but I do remember the jist of the book I read in high school on the subject. Seemed to me like Calley got screwed. My point was following a clearly illeagle order is not a defence. There were quit a few germans once upon a time who learned this the hard way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
New Orleans City Police Commissioner Edwin Compass was the one who gave the initial order to confiscate firearms during Katrina. I believe he has since resigned. I'm not saying that's enough, just stating the events as I remember them. Taking people's guns away is criminal under the law of our land. Taking them away when they need them to defend themselves is accessory to murder, if they are killed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It wasn't that Calley and the other receiving punishment for their acts got screwed as much as it was the higher ranking officers simply didn't receive equal treatment. Pretty typical. Just like in New Orleans, anybody who broke the law by confiscating legally held firearms should be held accountable, from Compass down to the lowliest reserve occifer.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looked like Gene L's guys.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You know, it's easy to say or at least think that if you were in that situation you would say "come gettum copper's, Bullets First!"

But you know what, I don't know what I'd do in that situation as a husband and a father of 2 little boys. I can't say that I'd be willing to die in a shootout that no matter how wrong the cops were, would still end in my likely death and not being there to raise my children. Plus, if my kids were around, I can definitely say that I would not risk their lives by getting in a shootout.

I know that in certain events, there has to be people willing to stand up for their rights and be willing to die for those rights. But, there is also a phrase called "picking your battles".

Like I said, it's easy to Monday morning quaterback the situation. Personnally, I'd be willing in that situation to let loose a few guns and securing the safety of my life, those of my family, and the retainment of the other guns that I can gaurantee they wouldn't find.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At the orders of New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, the New Orleans Police, the National Guard, the Oklahoma National Guard, and U.S. Marshals have begun breaking into homes at gunpoint, confiscating their lawfully-owned firearms, and evicting the residents. "No one is allowed to be armed. We're going to take all the guns," says P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police.

www.reason.com/news/show/32966.html

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Maybe not. But what are they doing to get justice now?
Seems money spent to bring these criminals to justice would be more important than a couple million flyers asking for more money?

The NRA leadership has become like tv preachers, phoney as a three dollar bill!

The second amendment is a nice theory. Situations such as this prove it just isn't going to ever make a difference. This incident alone should have started a civil war to overthrow the local state authorities at the very least.

To me this proves we no longer have any freedoms, but rather
whatever privledges the government permits whenever they deem it convenient.

The black SOB is still mayor, isn't he? What has changed? Other than a few indignant posts on the campfire? The american people have become pathetic sheeple who take hand outs from their
governmental massah!

And I usually get told to put on my tin hat and go back under the brdge? tired Now back to the beer and the ballgame until we are outraged again! sick

Right now this post has rated but 33 replies. If Hound Girl wanted to know your favorite pizza recipie, there would be over 5oo replies. Get the point? mad

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nasty video. The people responsible for this idiocy were our then-Police Chief Eddie Compass and the mayor, Ray Nagin. These confiscations were stopped by an injunction obtained by the NRA (from a Clinton appointed judge, even) while the courthouse was still surrounded by water. Since then, the city has been held in contempt by the same judge for their slowness in responding to discovery, and required to streamline the procedures to return the several hundred weapons that were taken. Compass resigned in disgrace shortly afterward, and Nagin was reelected by the looter demographic.

Interestingly, this did not occur in my area and the first I heard of it was probably a week after the storm when I finally got back on the Campfire at muddywaters' house. I was carrying a Kimber and either an 870 or AR-15 the whole time I was there after the storm, and nobody said anything to me about it. But there was almost no police presence in my neighborhood...they kind of left it to the few residents to guard it themselves.

I also carried openly every time I went back over the next two months, and other than some discussions with some Ohio MPs who liked my Kimber better than their Berettas, and some airborne guys who wanted to check out the C-more holograph sight on my Bushmaster, nobody seemed to care much, if you looked legit. Of course that was after the publicity and the injunction.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The scary part is wondering how MPs from Ohio got there at the request of some black ass mayor from NO? Talk about government run amuck. Seems no one was really in charge.

If you really want to do the rest of us a service in this mess, please give us a lawyer's take on what would happen to someone who decided to protect themselves, and shot two of these weapons confiscating bastids deader than a doornail.

Please advise us on what would take place in the legal circles in this scenario?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ughhh..in New Orleans or somewhere normal?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I just hope this once truly magnificent city is able to come out from the depths. I have a dear friend who is a home renovater out of Baton Rouge, whose been doing alot of repair in NO.

He tells me it's too late and NO is basically lost. I do hope he's mistaken.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Ughhh..in New Orleans or somewhere normal?

Two questions. What's normal nowadays? And where is normal nowadays?

Sorry, but I'm just a bit tired of all the hollow chest thumpin and debates about an amendment that was lost a long, long time ago!

Word association: DELUSIONAL! The only thing I see close to truth anymore can only be found on "Jericho"!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shooting it out with police over gun confiscation would most likely get you a messy death or a murder conviction, assuming you have a good sight picture. (If not, maybe only attempted murder). And since the situation was resolved within a few days by the courts enforcing the Constitution, it would be an awful tragedy to kill a couple of people and send youself to prison for life (or a needle). A steet shootout is not a very good venue to lititgate Second Amendment issues, and the cops will instantly go all paramilitary on you.

You might get lucky and win on jury nullification, but probably not if you're a white guy who killed a black cop with a New Orleans jury.

As I said, I wasn't faced with the issue. Guess I would have handed them the two I was carrying, then go back to the safe inside and select a couple more. I would not have stayed here without weapons. It amazes me that they couldn't even slow down the looting but had time to go after an innocuous old lady...I guess that's safer than shooting it out with the gangs who were using torches to open drug store safes and ATMs.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1234, 222Sako, 21, 58 invisible), 4,426 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,817
Posts18,536,787
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.