Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I appreciate the reply, Steve. And I'm smart enought to have figured out that what you said would have been the result.

Seeing so many cops around sure makes me feel safe. NOT!

Your reply however, makes a guy like me feel pretty downhearted and having a sense of hopelessness. So many azzholes willing to enforce illegal orders? The sad part is they consider themselves as people who are serving the public?

I have always thought of the second amendment as a USING amendment, rather than one which requires constant legal wrangling? I seem to have a minority opinion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two questions. What's normal nowadays? And where is normal nowadays?

NO is an anomoly. There is no place (that I know of)simular to this city. Almost all citizens of NO are mostly parasites attached to the Federal Government. Simular disasters strike cities every year. It is normal for outside assitance to arrive from other states and government agencies. IMHO almost anywhere is normal compared to New Orleans.

And yes, I've been there many times, and lived and worked through simular disasters.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks, LT. Coming from you, that makes me feel a little better, I think? I always appreciate your level-headed posts, sir. grin

What I don't understand is why someone with the intellegence of Isaac woud want to restore such a welfare rat infestested shiethole? confused

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don, as they said at Nurenberg, the cops were just following their orders. It was a crazy time, and the police chief panicked...he was already an antigun fanatic before the storm. What should be encouraging is that the system worked, the abuses were enjoined as soon as they became publicly known, and eventually these bozos will end up paying some money to the citizens whose rights they ignored.

And the publicity has led to a lot of state statutes around the country specifically prohibiting such confiscations in the future, so at least others will not be faced with the dilemma of giving up their protection or shooting it out with the gendarmes.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Don, as they said at Nurenberg, the cops were just following their orders. It was a crazy time, and the police chief panicked...he was already an antigun fanatic before the storm. What should be encouraging is that the system worked, the abuses were enjoined as soon as they became publicly known, and eventually these bozos will end up paying some money to the citizens whose rights they ignored.

And the publicity has led to a lot of state statutes around the country specifically prohibiting such confiscations in the future, so at least others will not be faced with the dilemma of giving up their protection or shooting it out with the gendarmes.

OK. Thanks, Steve. Keep on trying, buddy, Some of the good stuff you send my way is filtering through that damn tin foil hat of mine! grin

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LT. ....I'm not sure there has been a similar disaster in this country....80% of a major city under water for weeks, nearly a million refugees, population still down by a quarter of a million people a year and a half later.

The only things comparable in scope would be the Yellow River floods in China, or war damage in WWII.

Now, New Orleans was a disfunctional city before Katrina, no doubt. But it is impossible to grasp the scope of the destruction of property and disruption of people's lives if you haven't been here. And the vast majority of them were not the trashy people you saw on TV whining at the Superdome...those were the bottom of the socioeconomic barrel. The storm wiped out hundreds of thousands of homeowners, small business owners, professionals and tradesmen, and it killed 1500 people. So its a little different from prior "disasters."

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don--When I have visited NO, it was at a time when I first started at LSU in around 1976 and the 30 times I've visited since to see some dear friends. When I go, the time is spent with those friends enjoying the food, drink, music and other festivities the remarkable city has to offer. I don't see while I'm there, the things residents see or us as we watch the news and read the papers. I've not been to NO since the flood.

Every great city in the US has it's welfare grabbing, good for nothing populations. They also have an allure and attraction that make them worthwhile for maintaining IMO. NO, with a proper rebuilding and appropiate taxing structure and base, could conceivably reverse the demograhics and welfare population of it's city. I just have such spectacular memories of my visits there and would hate to see it crumble into the Gulf or the welfare slums, that's all!!

I'm sure there's a few more like Steve NO who reside there and make the city worth saving. All NO needs is a good Pied Piper!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A pied piper it surely needs. All you have said is true, and I understand. I just get a little offended knowing my taxes will probably be sent to people who can suffer so, have their guns confiscated, and then RE-ELECT that chocolate basitid!

He should be doing prison time, not using federal tax monies to rebuild a chocolate city? It just pizzes me off that when a politician "makes a mistake" they give us our money back after a lawsuit. It is our money, ya know? Let a citizen make a mistake and he goes to jail.

This scenario offends me greatly! I can only hope there is a special place in hell for politicians, because if even just one goes to heaven, I don't want to be there!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I try to live my life with a bit more optimism than you friend. With that atrocious and illegal gun confiscation that took place, I choose to see the national good that emanated from it. The nation came to quickly shut that illegal behavior down and set the norm and standard for the rest of the country thereafter.

Try to see some silver lining Don...It will make you less grumpy with the grandkids...grin

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by isaac
I try to live my life with a bit more optimism than you friend. With that atrocious and illegal gun confiscation that took place, I choose to see the national good that emanated from it. The nation came to quickly shut that illegal behavior down and set the norm and standard for the rest of the country thereafter.

Try to see some silver lining Don...It will make you less grumpy with the grandkids...grin

I know, I know. I'm trying! blush grin laugh But it is the grandkids I am concerned about. I grew up at a wonderful time
in this country's history. I cannot help but wonder what screwed up, PC country they will have to endure! frown

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steve, no offense intended toward the hard working, "common man" of NO, or anywhere else. My observations make me believe that they are just not as "common" in NO as anywhere else that I have personally been. I suspect that a hurricane such as Katrina or Rita would have produced a like amount of casualties if they had hit Houston.

Last edited by ltppowell; 04/27/07.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That video is f'ing pathetic to say the least.....It's so pathetic it's almost unreal. mad

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Nebraska
That video is f'ing pathetic to say the least.....It's so pathetic it's almost unreal. mad

It would not happen anywhere else in La.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
This man is running for President.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul73.html

Ron Paul in the US House of Representatives, January 9, 2003

Mr. Speaker, I rise to restore the right the founding fathers saw as the guarantee of every other right by introducing the Second Amendment Protection Act. This legislation reverses the steady erosion of the right to keep and bear arms by repealing unconstitutional laws that allow power-hungry federal bureaucrats to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Specifically, my legislation repeals the five-day waiting period and the "instant" background check, which enables the federal government to compile a database of every gun owner in America. My legislation also repeals the misnamed ban on "semi-automatic" weapons, which bans entire class of firearms for no conceivable reason beside the desire of demagogic politicians to appear tough on crime. Finally, my bill amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 by deleting the "sporting purposes" test, which allows the Treasury Secretary to infringe on second amendment rights by classifying a firearm (handgun, rifle, shotgun) as a "destructive device" simply because the Secretary believes the gun to be "non-sporting."

Thomas Jefferson said "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." Jefferson, and all of the Founders, would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising their right and duty to keep and bear arms. I hope my colleagues will join me in upholding the Founders' vision for a free society by cosponsoring the Second Amendment Restoration Act.

Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was one of those who signed the petition to draft him to do so. I've been a fan of his for a long time. I think it would be good that the right to carry concealed was recognized as a part of the 2nd Amendment and not just something to be infringed upon unless you buy a "license" from the state. I think a separate license where you take some training would be a good thing. This one would give you arrest powers like the cops. Then we could get rid of a lot of those skinheaded bastages like down in NO who are abusing the powers they've been given. They could go back to hustling basketball and beating up their girlfriends for foodstamps.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
From Wikipedia:
In September 2005 the CHP sent resources to the Gulf Coast to assist in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Before the United States National Guard arrived, the CHP had more than two patrol helicopters over New Orleans, more than forty vehicles on the ground, and more than 250 officers and other staff, including a SWAT team, deployed in New Orleans.

Doubtless our Kali hoplophobic hoplites were involved there as here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A prime example of how librals handle a disaster, suspend civil rights.
From what i have seen there are several lawsuits pending over this violation of rights by the NO City Government. I think that a bill is pending in congress to further protect the second but I have not heard much about it just that it was suggested when this crap was made known. But with the way the Democraps or running congress it will never see the light of day. Remember '08 Is when we get to turn it around on them. They have shown us what the liberal democrats really want. actions speak much louder than retoric. So far in the first four months of them in majoraty higher taxes, the highest increase in history, cut and run and surrender to terror, more gun control (even though that was not going to be an issue with them) Thgey say one thing but DO another. They are very fond of repeating the mantra "Bush lied" But what are they doing?

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards
New Orleans City Police Commissioner Edwin Compass was the one who gave the initial order to confiscate firearms during Katrina. I believe he has since resigned. I'm not saying that's enough, just stating the events as I remember them. Taking people's guns away is criminal under the law of our land. Taking them away when they need them to defend themselves is accessory to murder, if they are killed.

That's what I wanted to know!!! Thank You. His name and his deeds need to be known to us all.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
At the orders of New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, the New Orleans Police, the National Guard, the Oklahoma National Guard, and U.S. Marshals have begun breaking into homes at gunpoint, confiscating their lawfully-owned firearms, and evicting the residents. "No one is allowed to be armed. We're going to take all the guns," says P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police.

www.reason.com/news/show/32966.html

Well I see now there's more than one of them.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I thought it was Compass and found something on the net immediately that said it was, but it looks like he was acting on Nagin's orders. Either way, he is guilty. Looks like Nagin is too. I'm with those who say it needs to be investigated and all those, including those who let their respective National Guards be used for this purpose, charged and convicted.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 1badf350, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,305
Posts18,505,424
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.