-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Average Age of Italians Who Have Died From Coronavirus is 81.
Jim Hoft by Jim Hoft March 15, 2020

It appears Coronavirus is a Deadly Senior’s disease

The Italian government released numbers on the coronavirus last week.
There were 1,809 new cases of the deadly disease reported in Italy on Sunday.

The Italian government also recently released the percentage of deaths by age group.

90+ years old: 6% of deaths
80 – 89 years old: 42% of deaths
70 – 79 years old: 35% of deaths
60 – 69 years old: 16% of deaths

These numbers came from the World Health Organization YouTube page.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by broomd

The Italian government also recently released the percentage of deaths by age group.

Yeah, several times higher than the flu, as in 10x deadlier.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Italy is old and dirty. I don't know what the average age there is, but it's probably close to 55, our average age is 39.

Also, Italy is a dirty 1st world country. It approaches Northern Africa.

Finally, I think there is a genetic component. They had a huge corona outbreak a decade or so ago that decimated their population.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Oh, I didn't read far enough into thread. Yes, they are ancient.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Italy is old and dirty. I don't know what the average age there is, but it's probably close to 55, our average age is 39.

Finally, I think there is a genetic component. They had a huge corona outbreak a decade or so ago that decimated their population.

Yep. Doubt they do much hand washing either.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dutch
The Italians are not testing squat anymore.... just trying to hang on.

Or, life as usual in Italy?

Given my experience being seconded to ENI on the Caspian Sea, live as usual...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dunno, today the county had a dump truck and a front end loader patrolling the streets with,"Bring out your dead" blaring on the PA system.

Come on people. Mortality rate means nothing. More interesting is what are my chances of catching the damned bug AND dying from it. More likely to win the lottery and then some.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro
How many cases not confirmed?

Exactly. The denominator is way off, everywhere.

My very good friend has been an ER doc for close to 20 years. After a long conversation with him last night, this is what he told me. Big takeaways.

This is a virus that ‘can’ kill the “weak” elderly and bad lungers, as he called them. Many 80 somethings coming out today like bad a$$es. If their bodies are strong, they can be just like everyone else.

Most people who get it, and will get over it, without even knowing they had it. They will convince themselves it was a small bug and not corona. This is why way more data is needed to determine mortality. He thinks less than 1% in the US for true mortality.

People will overwhelm the medical system because they are either ignorant, or selfish. People are already showing up at the ER wanting a test. No symptoms at all. Just because they want one or want one for sweet little Johnny. No, not making this up. Ask someone you know who works in an ER.

If you get sick, stay home. Some people won’t do this and will infect bad lung Grandma at her house, and it could definitely kill her. These people won’t believe their little sniffle could hurt sweet Grandma. Stay away from people and ONLY go to ER if you are really ill. He said only if you feel like you are going to die.

We have a leg up on this one due to the study of SARS and MERS. It gets real geeky here but there are definite similarities.

Our biggest enemy is ignorant selfish people and their behavior.

A lot of the macro reaction thus far isn’t solely for the well being of others.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Median age there is, iirc, about 43. Yep, here 38.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by broomd

Yeah, several times higher than the flu, as in 10x deadlier.

The flu is 40x deadlier for people over 65 than those between 18 and 45.

Do some math, the totals in Italy for those over 60 totals 99% of the deaths.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not just the old that are at extra risk.

Diabetics are another group. And we have a LOT of type 2 diabetics.

And a lot of type 1 diabetics as well.

And anybody with heart problems, respiratory problems.

Everybody knows folks who fall into those categories. All it takes is some common sense for a while. I got a few project guns and a lot of handloading to catch up on.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Tarquin
7 percent....24,700 confirmed cases and 1800 deaths. Do the math.

Spare me the hysteria.

https://www.newsweek.com/newt-gingr...ica-must-act-now-act-big-opinion-1492270

Italy has a unique vulnerability to coronavirus, because it has the second oldest-aged population in the world (only Japan has older citizens on average). This virus especially hits the elderly, and in Italy the average age of death is 81. The tragic experience of the Washington state nursing home simply reinforced the sense of vulnerability of older people.

So you are telling the world is coming to an end because a respiratory virus is more lethal to people over the age of 80? What next, you gonna tell me fire is hot?

If you want to do a public service, please tell us why infants and children seem NOT to be getting the virus or exhibiting symptoms? Other viral pandemics were hard on that age group too.

You want to look up what the mortality rate on people OVER 80 was that contract H1N1 a few years ago? To do that, you have to take the young out of the equation. Go ahead, do that math and get back to us.

Watch out don’t make too much sense to folks on here. Hell 11 years ago most didn’t say chit about h1n1, but right now they are running yelling sky is falling god help us..

Just how many times are you going to use exactly the statement to prove you are clueless?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAS

My very good friend has been an ER doc for close to 20 years. After a long conversation with him last night, this is what he told me. Big takeaways.

This is a virus that ‘can’ kill the “weak” elderly and bad lungers, as he called them. Many 80 somethings coming out today like bad a$$es. If their bodies are strong, they can be just like everyone else.

Most people who get it, and will get over it, without even knowing they had it. They will convince themselves it was a small bug and not corona. This is why way more data is needed to determine mortality. He thinks less than 1% in the US for true mortality.

People will overwhelm the medical system because they are either ignorant, or selfish. People are already showing up at the ER wanting a test. No symptoms at all. Just because they want one or want one for sweet little Johnny. No, not making this up. Ask someone you know who works in an ER.

If you get sick, stay home. Some people won’t do this and will infect bad lung Grandma at her house, and it could definitely kill her. These people won’t believe their little sniffle could hurt sweet Grandma. Stay away from people and ONLY go to ER if you are really ill. He said only if you feel like you are going to die.

We have a leg up on this one due to the study of SARS and MERS. It gets real geeky here but there are definite similarities.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll take my training over yours.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You need to understand Italy to understand the Corona epidemic. The Italian government pays for 100% of retirement for seniors. They have retirement centers that house the seniors in concentration. The buildings are 12 -15 stories tall and there might be up to 50 building in a cluster. They provide food activities, free wine for the seniors daily. If a new virus got started in this environment I could see it taking a large toll. Italy is not backwards or a first world country at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MM879
You need to understand Italy to understand the Corona epidemic. The Italian government pays for 100% of retirement for seniors. They have retirement centers that house the seniors in concentration. The buildings are 12 -15 stories tall and there might be up to 50 building in a cluster. They provide food activities, free wine for the seniors daily. If a new virus got started in this environment I could see it taking a large toll. Italy is not backwards or a first world country at all.

Can you say "non-sequitar?"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
I'll take my training over yours.

Was that directed at????

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by MM879

Can you say "non-sequitar?"

I think it responds to the title of the thread?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RAS

It’s like a freaking Echo chamber on this thread. Thank you RAS for adding some reason with a couple others on this thread.

One point that I disagree with you though. You said your doc friend stay home if you are sick. The problem with that is the incubation period can last up to two weeks and you are contagious during that period. So, people could be sick, not feel any symptoms and pass it around. This is not going to be a good time for our elderly population and folks with health issues. But, it’s going to affect the rest of us too. It’s sad to see so many selfish and narrow minded voices on this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scotty
I saw on facebook where someone had posted that they survived 10 end of the world events already.

I attended my first "End of the World " party in 1981? maybe 1982? WPB, Florida...

The next morning I was ready for it all to end.

But I had to get up and go to work...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 18,251 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,843
Posts18,537,309
Members74,050
Most Online20,083

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.