Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
Here is a video without the news commentary.
It's complete less the shooter taking the stolen money etc. out of the dead guys pockets to return it.

https://www.kaotic.com/video/24c295ea_20230108072321_t

LOVED the "coup de grace" smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sako76
I don't care what anyone says, you go into a restaurant and starting robbing people at gun point you deserve to die!
Agreed. Utmost leniency should be given to whoever neutralizes him with regard to any and all actions taken against the armed robber.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sako76
I don't care what anyone says, you go into a restaurant and starting robbing people at gun point you deserve to die!

It's not until the average person on a jury understands and applies that standard that things will get better.

People need to understand but not discuss the term "jury nullification" and have it become the norm for things so DA's get scared about their win rates and they just stop bringing charges.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Records show Washington had an extensive criminal history and was out on bond during the would-be robbery.
Yeah, seems most of the crimes they wanted to deal with weren't the same things Washington had been convicted of, and paroled for.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by TimZ
The only person who should be on trial is whoever let the robber out early after he had already been involved in the murder of a store owner.....

Agreed.

Plenty of cops have shot and killed with far less provocation and it was seen as justified.

Perp didn't bring a referee and shouldn't expect a fair fight he started.

I'm hoping the good guy is acquitted and I for one give him my thanks.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It's complete less the shooter taking the stolen money etc. out of the dead guys pockets to return it.

If one thing does him in, that will be it. On the other hand, unless you are experienced in shooting armed assailants, I would think it could be hard to know when to stop

Last edited by toltecgriz; 01/10/23. Reason: clarity

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sound like a clean shoot.

Some weenie will piss and moan about the coup de grace shot.

It's not pissing and moaning. There is no law that gives a man the right to execute another one, or laws that allow a coup de grace shot. Give me a break. He was dead anyway, or at least was no longer a threat. It was a pointless and incredibly stupid thing to do.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

It's not pissing and moaning. There is no law that gives a man the right to execute another one, or laws that allow a coup de grace shot. Give me a break. He was dead anyway, or at least was no longer a threat. It was a pointless and incredibly stupid thing to do.

Then you can't murder a dead man!

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

That's why I said it was stupid. All it could do was possibly get him in trouble and give the gun grabbers a great piece of propaganda.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

That's why I said it was stupid. All it could do was possibly get him in trouble and give the gun grabbers a great piece of propaganda.

No problem with me, if the guy was already dead, it's no different than shooting a tin can. I'm sure your family sleeps well knowing you are their guardian.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If a cop can shoot a guy with his hands in his pockets or a cell phone in his hand ANYBODY should be justified shooting a person brandishing and threatening everyone with a weapon while committing multiple felonies.

This should NEVER get to a Grand Jury and should be adjudicated by the DA refusing to prosecute.

With that said….If I were in that situation I would probably not have continued shooting once he was down and out of the fight and I damn sure would not have performed the coup de grace!

The citizen should be given an award and have his ammunition replaced by the scumbags family…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by jorgeI

If one thing does him in, that will be it. On the other hand, unless you are experienced in shooting armed assailants, I would think it could be hard to know when to stop
Easy to say, "I was sure I saw his hand move in a threatening manner",

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There’s more to the video. Shooter goes back to the table, picks up the gun and realizes it a BB gun. He then throws it against the wall. Also gets the stolen money from the perps pocket and gives it back to those it was stolen from.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.zerohedge.com/political...taco-joint-ordered-face-grand-jury-soros

The 9th shot to head must have been over the legal limit.....abusing a dead body.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by cv540
Not sure how to post videos but here is link to full video,

I dont have an issue with it, but the video seems to show that after the robber was down and the shooter grabbed his gun, that he put one more round into the robbers head. Thinking that may be problematic for him.

https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/status/1611808197316075521?s=20&t=tblrZkxReZk4rbRyZxiH2Q

Bingo. That's the main problem. And leaving the scene.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/10/23.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If a cop can shoot a guy with his hands in his pockets or a cell phone in his hand ANYBODY should be justified shooting a person brandishing and threatening everyone with a weapon while committing multiple felonies.

This should NEVER get to a Grand Jury and should be adjudicated by the DA refusing to prosecute.

With that said….If I were in that situation I would probably not have continued shooting once he was down and out of the fight and I damn sure would not have performed the coup de grace!

The citizen should be given an award and have his ammunition replaced by the scumbags family…

Why?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every homicide goes to grand jury in the the State of Texas, by law.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Any actual attorneys/lawyers on the fire care to comment on this question. Not just people guessing or giving opinions

Did shooter actually have to stay at the scene? I had read a legal analysis he did not legally have to stay as he technically committed no crime and doesn’t legally have to incriminate himself or talk to police??

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

It's not pissing and moaning.

mathman has espn.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 40 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,612
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.