Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I agree, most of the workers in the Dillon store are really anti hunting. However, I did have a nice conversation with a worker about flyfishing the Beaverhead and Grasshopper creek and then about elk hunting. I think if we use Patagonia clothing let the workers and management know and be proud that we hunt. Show Patagonia we are valuable to them as a customers. If we all boycott them won't they be more Anti? Just my thoughts.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
VarmintGuy--I know for a fact that the husband of the Dillon store manager hunts big game. Not to say that there aren't some staff who don't; I wouldn't know that either way.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I don't even park any of my vehicles near the "patagonia" store in my hometown for fear one of my friends/acquaintances would see my vehicle and think ill of me!

I find that hilarious. Little self-conscious?

B
B_Lance Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Sal- Well said

Seems to me plenty of hunters are using their gear. I was exploring the idea of starting a campaign to lobby them with say 100,000 hunters.

1. I don't even see 20 guys on this forum of the same mindset [lets call it "disinterest" since the apathy comment seems to agitate some]

2. I have had similar disinterest in other groups of hunters

3. The more I come to understand Mr.YC's mindset, the more I think it would be a waste of my time

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Somebody is smoking crack. My guess is Yvon Chouinard has ripped more lips and crushed far more furry critters with lead than Varmintguy.. all the while wearing some sweet clothing produced by over a thousand Americans who work for his company.

Bet all the wolves got your elk too.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The first sentence says what?
http://www.patagonia.com/us/patagonia.go?assetid=3351

Patagonia certainly doesn't target the hunting market and they don't need to. Don't confuse environmentalism with anti-hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

I am also very often disgusted and disappointed with the apathy and ignorance of my fellow Hunters

This is from the guy who started a thread warning montana hunters to not call for help in getting downed game out.

What a complete idiot.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VG-

Last time I was in the Dillon store two of the very nice lady's told me all about the elk they killed this year.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Greenhorn speaks the truth. There are a quite a few "eco freaks" who support hunting and I think the whole "know where your food comes from" movement is going to multiply their numbers.

Brian (proud eco-redneck)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brian_Bingham
Greenhorn speaks the truth. There are a quite a few "eco freaks" who support hunting and I think the whole "know where your food comes from" movement is going to multiply their numbers.

Brian (proud eco-redneck)

I agree, Brian.
I will keep on wearing Patagonia's stuff, and keep on hunting and shooting.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
My guess is Yvon Chouinard has ripped more lips and crushed far more furry critters with lead than Varmintguy..

Yes, but is that a fair test?

My son and his girlfriend were over last night, and I fried up some of the tastiest venison tenderloin I'd had in a while. She doesn't normally eat meat, but she loved the TL. I'm sure if someone like VG saw her on the street or in a store he'd conclude she was a rabid environmentalist.

We talked hunting, she thinks it's cool because free-ranging game is about as sustainable as it gets, and the meat is free from pesticides, low-fat, and not corn-fed. Plus, she understands that the herd needs to be thinned.

You can't judge a book by its cover.

Does anybody know the stance of the World Wildlife Fund (the ones with the furry little panda emblem) on hunting? They promote it in Africa as a way of conserving habitat. The reason being, if the locals can make a good living off international hunters (they do) then the habitat and game populations are worth preserving to them.

If they can't, the habitat is firewood.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I said on the Capilene thread... I gaurandamntee everyone on this thread gives money to Co's that promote and fund things in complete contradiction to their own values and/or political beliefs.

Yvon Chouinard is not anti-hunting, but is pro-conservation. What everyone in the Co. thinks is beyond the control of one man.

I'll continue to buy Patagonia, wear it, and bloody it... I'll not "apologize" for wearing it either... good grief.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by headwatermike
I support everyone's freedom to buy as they wish. Get what you want. I don't want anything from Patagonia myself. As I stated on the other thread, there is a massive list of all the envoronazi groups they support (many of the biggest anti-hunting groups included), but no RMEF, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, etc.

Patagonia's undeniable link to "Earth First" and how "Earth First" is truly an environmental terrorist organization by spiking trees, I will not buy, own, or wear anything Patagonia.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by headwatermike
I support everyone's freedom to buy as they wish. Get what you want. I don't want anything from Patagonia myself. As I stated on the other thread, there is a massive list of all the envoronazi groups they support (many of the biggest anti-hunting groups included), but no RMEF, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, etc.

Patagonia's undeniable link to "Earth First" and how "Earth First" is truly an environmental terrorist organization by spiking trees, I will not buy, own, or wear anything Patagonia.

Awesome... more for me.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think it was Yvon Chouinard who said, in reference to mountaineering, "you've got to get obsessed, and stay obsessed!". Always liked that.

Patagonia is real gear, built to last. Their Capilene was arguably revolutionary. For strenous outdoor activity in general their stuff has been uniformly excellent for me- mostly hiking and skiing; I haven't hunted much in Patagonia stuff (other than Capilene) due to the colors...

I'm kind of an "eco-redneck" too if I can borrow the phrase <g>. I have no problem with Patagonia; they are not anti-hunting. That said most of my hunting gear is made by someone else because I like camo.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 10ring1, 14 invisible), 1,516 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,892
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.