Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Fuel prices going up 10 cents a gallon thanks to the tax hike the legislature passed.

Maybe but maybe not...surrounding states have higher fuel taxes and I have often found them to have lower prices. I was talking to one our State representatives the other day. He flatly stated if they didn't get the fuel tax through we would be looking at a state income tax in 2 years. With a fuel tax 53% will come from tourist consumption. It is a pick your poison thing I guess. Either way we are going to pay.

Actually it is time for the non-hunters that enjoy the opportunites provided by the hunters and conservation departments to help out.

Last edited by eh76; 01/30/13.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Honestly in this age we should be thankful that we can still hunt on public land (BLM and NF). And be vigilante to make sure it stays that way.

Trust me, you think it sucks paying a few bucks more for a tag? Tack on a $2,000 lease fee to that, then it really sucks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keith don't let those sorry azzholes pry you with this state income tax bs. They always do that , and it just goes to proove the ones doing that crap haven't ever read the constitution that they swore to uphold... Just like the superintendant deal, but don't get me started on that....

Anyway the stated purpose is to give the DOT another 70 million dollars for hiway maintentance.... Oh boy more construction and roundabout intallations in Cheyennne, Whoopee.
In the meantime that means every 20 gallons of fuel anyone buys is going to cost another 2$..And some folks whine about a license fee increase when it's going to cost them another 50$ just to go to Jackson and hunt, or take the boat to the gorge...

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buzz keep in mind the license fee stand alone was the Game and Fishes idea many years ago, as it kept their funding from being a political football... (we can see how well that deal is working out can't we?)
While you donate 2grand a year the majority aren't puttin in squat. I like the idea of a manditorty ?10$ stamp for the walkins and some sort of day fee for the HMA's.If they can't take in enough money to fund the Walkins and HMA's then those either need to go away or the fee's increased.
And lastly don't overlook the lessons learned from the conservation stamp, the main purpose for it was stated to be so those who do not purchase licenses could also contribute to the Game and Fish funding... That worked real well didn't it?
The Game and Fish can find places/things to cut. Last month at the Natural resources convention, they handed out about 10 grand in cash and plaques to 4 or 5 landowners around the state... There are expenditures like that that could be cut considerably.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
WY like CO needs to start wondering where all the deer went, then maybe they can justify their license fees. WY has got CO beat on antelope. Suprised we can even hunt them anymore in CO.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You do have to ask why they issue so many doe antelope tags when the areas I typically see them in are empty. Colorado is clueless on antelope.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Fuel prices going up 10 cents a gallon thanks to the tax hike the legislature passed.

Maybe but maybe not...surrounding states have higher fuel taxes and I have often found them to have lower prices. I was talking to one our State representatives the other day. He flatly stated if they didn't get the fuel tax through we would be looking at a state income tax in 2 years. With a fuel tax 53% will come from tourist consumption. It is a pick your poison thing I guess. Either way we are going to pay.

Actually it is time for the non-hunters that enjoy the opportunites provided by the hunters and conservation departments to help out.

Suprised Wyoming doesn't have a special fuel tax in the summer months only like June, July and August only.

Otto is my co-pilot.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What pisses me off is why any state keeps jacking up fees..for sportsmen and outdoorsmen...

Western states try to make a cash cow out of out of state hunters... keeping coming up with more regulations in the name of game management, when the end results are dramatically declining populations...

I'll leave Wyoming alone, and just focus on Oregon.. I liberal democrats always want to keep raising fees, just because they can't spend all the revenue they get in fast enough... our fuel tax is 42 cts a gallon...

License fees keeping going up... my latest gripe is that these jackasses come up with every one has to report their hunt results, even if you got nothing.... and if you don't there is a $25 fine the next time you purchase your license for the following year... they don't want to call this a fine, they want to call it a surcharge.. I call it another friggin public rip off..

So cursing all the way, I go on line and 'comply' with their BS, first for my son and then myself.... then my son gets a post card from the state and they tell him he did not comply so he has to pay a fee next hunting season for not complying...

so I call the state F & W and after multiple calls, trying to figure out there multi layers of voice menu options ( which anyone in their right minds hate anyway, as nothing ever seems to fit what one is looking for), I get a live person....

my name is looked up and I am told that I was in compliance... I give me son's name and am told he wasn't in compliance... so I ask how could it be that I filled in his information to make sure it was done, and they have my record and not his?

so I get this smart ass reply, "do you have your confirmation number?" What, we as the public now must receive an 'confirmation' number to prove that you STATE Employees did your Friggin JOB????' " yes sir"....

Bite me tongue... " no I gave you people the credit that you people did your job"....

'well sorry sir, your son will have to pay the $25 fee and the law states that there is no exceptions'

"So let me get this straight.... you people screw up and make a mistake on doing your jobs, therefore the state rewards itself with a 'no exceptions' bonus demanded from the public??"

'yes sir'....

these MF politicians and especially democrats need to learn there are only 100 pennies in a dollar..and they think they deserve as many of those pennies from each citizen's every dollar, and really go out of their way on another scam to get it...

I wish to hell I could take that $25 in pennies and throw the damn things in the face of our jackass democrat governor, by the handfulls.... and show him exactly what I think of his bright ideas on how to screw the citizens of his state.. they never end...

the only thing these democrats are good for, in about any state, is to lynch the SOBs....

and in Oregon that starts with Jennie Burdick and John Kitzhaber... I am not going to do it, but I darn sure wouldn't lift a finger to stop anyone who was going to...

its not the $25.. its the never ending BS of these jerks...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, 10Glocks, 375TN, 6mmCreedmoor, 308ld, 1badf350, 7 invisible), 1,550 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,900
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.