Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sonic asks customers not to bring guns to its dining areas

By Brianna Bailey
PUBLISHED: MAY 31, 2014

Sonic Corp. is asking customers to refrain from bringing guns to its indoor restaurants and patio dining areas at Sonic Drive-Ins. The company had been under pressure to revise its firearms policies from the gun control group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.

Patrick Lennow, a spokesman for Oklahoma City-based Sonic, said the company has not changed its gun policy because it previously had no policy, instead relying on local laws.

�Sonic and our franchise owners work hard to provide an inviting environment for customers and employees alike. While we historically have relied upon local laws to guide how we address the display of guns at drive-ins, recent actions required we carefully reconsider this approach,� the company said in a statement. �We've considered the views and desires of our customers and employees that staff the drive-ins across the country.�

Most Sonic locations are drive-ins, where customers order in their cars, further complicating the gun issue. There are about 3,500 Sonic Drive-In franchise and corporate locations throughout 44 states. Sonic has about 270 locations in Oklahoma, which legalized the open carry of firearms in 2012.

�With respect to the storage of guns in vehicles, we ask that our customers continue to honor local laws,� Sonic said in its statement.

The group Moms Demand Action has asked several restaurant chains to ban guns in their dining areas after members of the Texas gun rights group Open Carry Texas began posting videos on YouTube of members carrying rifles and other firearms into restaurants in San Antonio. One video, which since has been deleted, showed a group of men carrying rifles to a Sonic patio dining area in Texas. A Sonic employee asked the men to leave the restaurant.

�We are heartened that we can take our children to these family-oriented restaurants and not worry about being confronted by customers with semiautomatic rifles,� Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, said in a statement Friday in response to the new Sonic policy on guns.

The restaurant chain Chili's also moved to revise its gun policy on Friday in response to a petition from the group Moms Demand Action. The restaurant chain Chipotle banned guns at its restaurants last week after pressure from the group.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Bunch of dumbazzes carrying guns around like that --low IQ bunch for sure.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ol_mike

+1.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I "bring a gun" to a public place, I am packing discreetly. Open carry, when abused in such a really stupid way turns the tide of public appearance against us. CAN do and SHOULD do are, in many cases, very different things.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I do not understand this open carry nonsense. I have a concealed carry permit and I do not want anyone to know that I am carrying. I feel that open carry does nothing to help our cause with the non-gun owning public.

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a concealed carry permit and I do not want anyone to know that I am carrying.

Did you have to ask for permission to conceal carry? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, now is Sonic going to go all out, explain its position, and ask all criminals to not bring their weapons into the dining areas - in a nice tone, of course? That policy should work, eh?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I personally don't think open carry in public businesses help the Gun Owners in the long run. If i was going to rob a place the first person i would take out would be the ones who were carrying in the open . Why set yourself up as a target . If you are going to carry then conceal the weapon . Open carry in the woods and fields is a whole different ball game .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They wanna go "gun free zone"? Then its just a matter of time before they become a defenseless victim zone, i.e., a killing zone.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's their private property, so they can ask folks to leave for any reason they like. What they don't know won't harm them, though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
I personally don't think open carry in public businesses help the Gun Owners in the long run. If i was going to rob a place the first person i would take out would be the ones who were carrying in the open . Why set yourself up as a target . If you are going to carry then conceal the weapon . Open carry in the woods and fields is a whole different ball game .

These old boys are just trying to get open carry passed as law in Texas. Currently it's legal to carry rifles and BP pistols. That's what they are doing. Of course it scares people in dallas/Fort Worth area. The state office of this group has asked them to stop from the damage they are doing in this area with all the new city laws.
I don't think the Legislature will bring it up, but no telling.
I'll ask a question--what's the fastest way to get into the State Capitol building of Tex.
Answer- A CHL lic. with the pistol.

By passes the crowd in line/ get to go to the special line.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I simply don't want to eat a cheeseburger in close proximity to some dumbschit with an AR strapped to his back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sonic is trying to rid their courtyard of the guys with the rifles slung over their back.

Ultimately, those that carry closed will continue to carry closed on Sonic property, whether Sonic likes it or not. Same goes for weapons in a vehicle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I am not entirely in agreement with you, but I have to admit that seeing a bunch of guys carrying long arms in a restaurant makes me doubt their motives/sanity/prudence.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I simply don't want to eat a cheeseburger in close proximity to some dumbschit with an AR strapped to his back.

Good thing you were never in the military. You would have been scared to death grin Do all guns frighten you, or just Ar's?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Go eat at Burger King then. Problem solved. Open carry is already the law of the land, it's just that the law is being infringed upon. You anti's will just have to get used to seeing guns and maybe see a Therapist for your issues. Freud said that a fear of guns was a sign of sexual immaturity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Sonic is trying to rid their courtyard of the guys with the rifles slung over their back.

Ultimately, those that carry closed will continue to carry closed on Sonic property, whether Sonic likes it or not. Same goes for weapons in a vehicle.

I don't know why anybody would eat at Sonic unless there was no other choice. Mickey D's and Booger King suck worse though. Sonic food is about like Alpo.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No AR's at Booger King? I'm down with that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whataburger and Jack in the Box are so much better than any of those places it's unreal. Wendy's even sucks less and they're pretty worthless anymore. I ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise one time and the food wasn't great and it was high dollar. The service sucked. Five Guys just sounds too gay.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 16,020 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,906
Posts18,538,836
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.